****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Philly I hope all turns out well. Glad your boy is kicking you loads.

Mercy and jetters glad you guys are doing better. Take it easy.

lollipop i agree about docs hun

jetters OMG what a shitty time your having come on bubba grow for mommy

philly will they not induce you if they are talking like that surely better out so they can help did they say why fluid is a problem i had loads with callum when my waters went i was dropping kids off with childcare on my way to hospital and one of the neighbours said oh can i look at baby they thought i'd had him as i was half the size we are here for you i know it's not the same as a hubby hug but here goes:hugs::kiss:

mercy they did the same to my sis only they could only get one lot of antibiotics in her then freya was here it's crazy they don't test before hand :wacko: i hope all is well

eoz good news that they will induce you you can organize a bit better and you little man will finally be able to stretch his legs

i have to say reading about june july babies and some are being born already it's crazy to think we're next and we'll be updating our front page with birth weights etc

Wow its all going on in here this evening.

Jetters nice to see you back, glad you and little man are on the mend but hon do make sure you rest.

Nikki hope you're ok too and still plotted on the sofa.

Oh Philly :hugs: sometimes they really dont think before they open their mouths and the worry they leave us sitting in. Fingers crossed for you chick :kiss:

Zoe - Sounds like the best option for you least you can be prepared. And ok you win, but you're cheating, but I won with smell. xx

Hi Lucy,The Group B strep policy previously was that if a patient tested positive then they would be given 2hourly IV anti biotics during labour and be on the main labour ward and on monitoring throughout labour!
However, as its not policy for ladies to be tested as routine, then it was only luck if you came up pos during swabs for other things! Mine showed up during a swab for infection last time!

Now it seems our hospital is starting to relax on the policy and allow ladies who are pos for group B strep to have their birth in the Home from Home unit with the same Iv's instead of being bed bound like I was!
And to have more choices about their treatment!
It just seems that while they are going thought changing the policy I cant get many answers about if I will be tested or treated, or not, or be presumed to still carry it like in the old policy! Hmmmph!!! lol. But to be fair with all my other problems I think I can safely rule out the home from home unit lol! I would prefere to be tested again for it tho as it seems crazy to pump me full of anyi biotics if I dont have it now!

Philly nice to hear you're getting lots of kicks!! :hugs:

Mercy it's good hearing that there are great nurses and doctors out there who really take care of people in need. happy you're doing better!!!

Jetters get lots of rest hun we don't want you in the hospital again until you're having your baby :hugs: xoxoxo

Thanks Nik, I think it was similar at the Royal last time; They didn't test routinely either. I got the kit at home that you can pay to send off, but decided in the end not to use it.
I'm shattered. Argued with DH this morning before work which is never the best way to start.
Baby's movements seem to have changed. Still moving, but frequency, duratation and intensity have changed. Used to get pummelled as soon as I lay down in bed, the last two nights, movement but very little. Not sure whether to do anything about it!? What counts as change enough for concern?!

HWM Moglet is the same, I get the odd pummelling but last few days he has really calmed down - am presuming there is less space to manouvere? Definitely still movement though so plodding on thil MW appt next week for now...

Re antibiotics, last time around I was clear of GBS but Mogster had it on him so had to have the antibiotics for 48 hours after nirth, seeing him with the big boxing glove they use for the antibiotics was heartbreaking at first then he just wanted it of - this time I will have the antibiotics as if I do it means Moglet wont have to - plus they can test and test til theyre blue in the face and if one day Im clear the next i may not be and given it be me with the IV or Moglet I think I would rather spare him the stress.

Cold here today, gonna have to dig out my jeans again, even contemplating socks! Why cant we have warmer weather not just the extremes??? Tumble Tots before lunch so lazy afternoon planned then off to Woburn Safari Park tomorrow so Mogster and I are going picnic shopping at some point today....

Yas hope you are feet up and resting still, we want Bean in there as long as possible! Had Mogster at 35 weeks and that was early enough, all these babies are gonna have to hang on in there - although wouldnt mind if Moglet was a day or two early to get his full CTF!

Zoe - any pushchair news? How goes the packing, are you all ready to move?

Have a good day all :flower:

Morning all,

flutterbaby they're inducing me anyway at 37/38 weeks so i guess if anything is wrong they will cs me and get him out. I've never really bothered counting the movements but now i'm starting to stalk his every move. :-(

So crap morning here today, feel a little better as Mart was so supportive last night and gave me a really good pep talk when he got home. I'm still going to worry but will concentrate on keeping an eye on bubs and working really hard on my blood sugars.

holywood, bub has changed his pattern of moving too, used to be mostly in the morning but is nw late afternoon evening. As long as they move is a good thing surely???

xxx

Morning ladies, I have hardly slept at all last night just couldnt get comfy then this morning I threw up quite a lot. OH took one look at me and said il take fi to school for you today and just get the late train to work, bless him he is so sweet and fab at looking after me :)

ooh and im 29 weeks yey!

Morning ladies, I have hardly slept at all last night just couldnt get comfy then this morning I threw up quite a lot. OH took one look at me and said il take fi to school for you today and just get the late train to work, bless him he is so sweet and fab at looking after me :)

ooh and im 29 weeks yey!

:hugs: hope you're feeling better soon, what a lovely OH!

ooh and im 29 weeks yey!

:hugs: hope you're feeling better soon, what a lovely OH!

Ta hun, I think its just all my hormones and stuff as every few weeks I seem to go through a pattern of not sleeping well and generally feeling like poo for a few days then tada bump seems to be bigger. Just gonna relax on the couch today :)

Holywoodmum - re movements, spoke to my midwife on Monday and she said we should still be feeling them but they may feel more like shuffles etc as they have less room.

I rarely get pummelled now - only when I eat something spicy :rofl: and even then only one swift kick lol. But generally it is weird alien-type shuffling across my tum.

She said if you are worried or not feeling movements pop up to the unit so you should still be having something? :hugs: I think mine has been particularly lazy with the heat to be honest.

HWM Moglet is the same, I get the odd pummelling but last few days he has really calmed down - am presuming there is less space to manouvere? Definitely still movement though so plodding on thil MW appt next week for now...

Re antibiotics, last time around I was clear of GBS but Mogster had it on him so had to have the antibiotics for 48 hours after nirth, seeing him with the big boxing glove they use for the antibiotics was heartbreaking at first then he just wanted it of - this time I will have the antibiotics as if I do it means Moglet wont have to - plus they can test and test til theyre blue in the face and if one day Im clear the next i may not be and given it be me with the IV or Moglet I think I would rather spare him the stress.

Cold here today, gonna have to dig out my jeans again, even contemplating socks! Why cant we have warmer weather not just the extremes??? Tumble Tots before lunch so lazy afternoon planned then off to Woburn Safari Park tomorrow so Mogster and I are going picnic shopping at some point today....

Yas hope you are feet up and resting still, we want Bean in there as long as possible! Had Mogster at 35 weeks and that was early enough, all these babies are gonna have to hang on in there - although wouldnt mind if Moglet was a day or two early to get his full CTF!

Zoe - any pushchair news? How goes the packing, are you all ready to move?

Have a good day all :flower:

Moving driving me up the wall.So much has gone wrong!2 days and only a few things left to pack but i know i've forgotten something.

As for pushchair we are waiting till next weds when my surestart grant goes in bank and then we will buy a double of ebay and with what ever left over see what pramettes are about.Thank you for all you help you have been a star.:kiss:

As for Groupd B Strep.I am worried as i am in high risk group and 3 lots of anti b's have not sorted it.

Pink n fluffy.alien shuffles.fab way of explaining it!I get wriggles and rolls around and only get a good boot if the kids jump on me or shout!

Lliena restup hun.xx

Big huge hugs to you all xxxx

AFM I am off to pack pack pack and say a sad goodbye to Madison's preschool at 12 :cry:We have already had tears from the play leaders when she gave them a card and pressie today!

ooh and im 29 weeks yey!

Ah thats so sweet of ur OH !!! :hugs: Here's hoping ul be feeling better in no time !!! And, wahoo to us been 29 weeks today !!! :happydance: :hugs: :kiss:

Oh my word zoe don't think I could cope with a house move :haha: Good luck!!!!

Having said that I am somehow enduring the Worlds most Disasterous Extension (builder in hospital :dohh:) and trying to learn to drive............must be mental :dohh::dohh::dohh:

We have a private scan this afternoon one of those funky 3d ones so am really looking forward to seeing bubs again!

good luck with your scan pink and fluffy :cloud9:
philly glad they are keeping on eye on you y they inducing you again is it cause of gb i forget
i cot my crib set a toyrus one i love my bear not the one i wanted but it will do it was my second choice i do like the littlew stars on it

Lliena your hubby sounds wonderful.

Have fun at your scan pink and fluffy!

As for movement I get mostly shuffling movement to, rarely firm pokes or kicks, I just watch my belly ripple around and what the bump sticking out move all around my belly. The movements are for sure different now but I was told this would happen so try not to worry unless you're not feeling 3 movements in an hour. Then go to unit for monitoring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->