****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I'm not gonna do anything to try and get him out. Most of the things statistically don't help anyway! I'm thinking of myself as 'due in August' rather than the specific due date...

I'm not gonna do anything to try and get him out. Most of the things statistically don't help anyway! I'm thinking of myself as 'due in August' rather than the specific due date...

i'm not really fussed what bubba comes i just don't want it to be aud the 13th its a fri and hubby moms birthday and i can't stand the witch lol any other day i'm cool with

early is good i quite fancy v festival this year only joking my son's birthday is on the 21st of aug lol

Hi all,

Am new to this thread - due 20 August, nice to meet you all.

x x x

Hi Fisherwoman,

Do you know your bump colour and I shall add you to front the page.

I shall not be doing anything. I'm not fussed, baby will be here when it is ready. I did take RLT with E but that doesnt encourage labour so shall be taking that again asI had had a relatively quick labour, whether it was down to that I do not know. I did try and do a lot of walking but mainly cos it stopped the aching in my back.

hi fisherwoman, welcome. hows the pregnancy going?

holywood... i received letters today saying i am entitled to SS and HIP yey :) now just got watch the bank balance haha... any signs of yours? x

hi girls...

regarding the rlt.... when is a good time to start drinking it, and in what quantities???

i also heard bout something else, clary sage,but not sure what the story is with it....

hiya fisherwoman.....

i am not feeling too great myself today tbh.... i ate a kebab the other evening ( not las tnight the night before) and it kinda upset my tummy, i am hoping that its the only reason i am feeling a bit S**T still.....

the weathr here is a bit changable today.... keeps clouding over, but then the sun comes thru again, didnt really know what to do with the laundry.... might go pop it on the line for a whhile.... baby is lovely and active the last couple of days , makes me feel bit more settled....

hope everyone is well
lou
xxx

ooops forgot to ask.... where do we get the rlt??? is it a health food shop product??
i am in ireland, we do have holland and barrett here...

thank you mummaofthree..... this is my 7th child and i have never tried it before but heard its very good for helping with labour....

xx

i dunno.... im not so convinced, but apparently it helps to strengthn the muscles or summit.... good luck with it lol x

baby number 7 id think u kno what ur doin by now lol x

haha yeah i do, but i will defo give it a try.... every little bit helps...as they say.....

off now to pick up dd from school, the only have 4 weeks left after this one til the summer holidays, then the time will fly by......

xxxx

Hello everyone,

Nice to be welcomed!

Mrs P I am a blue bump lady and very excited too x x x

well, I think I will do whatever my sister did, 5 hours from from contraction to birth I figure is pretty good going :)

I saw the midwife today, everything is going well, measuring exactly, BP fine, HB fine ~ when she got it, it is certainly a tinker, everytime she almost got it Pip moved...

It is funny what prople say about their tummies, I started of constipated and then was loose 5 minutes later :dohh:

Hope everyone else is feeling better/good :flower:

Loobi I think they say you start with two tablets a day at 32 weeks and not before and then double as you go along, I think you can take something like up to 6 tablets a day.

I ordered mine last time off of the internet. Wasnt too expensive. I had an 8 hour start to finish last time so hopeing not for a long labour this time or it will be a shock to the system!

my last labour was only 4 hours.... from the first proper contraction to birth....
is it tablets?? oh i thought it was a drink... on wow , muchbetter to take tablets.. dont fancy the actual tea.. my friend up the road drank tons of it withher dd, and she had her in the car on the way to the hospital....

There is both but I didnt fancy the tea much either.

4 hours, look at you! Dont mind some of that. DH bosses wife had 3 hours with both of hers from start to finish!

Pink, awesome scan pics, particularly the third one :)
Nik, glad DH looking after you, and very good of his boss :)
MrsP, 15 days :) (5 weeks though) and the kids are only in for 13 of those :happydance: Check you giving the driveway man a hard time :) hope the work is done soon!! Any word on your bro?
mumma, hope fully you're not down with something too! rest up while you can :)
flutter, I used rlt, pineapple, walking, curry, sex, clary sage, sugar free gummy sweets (similar laxative effect to castor oil, but slightly less severe...) nothing worked. Saying that labour was fairly straight forward after they induced me!!
I also plan to try green papaya salad this time - apparently the latex in unripe papaya has a similar effect to the prostaglandin used to induce you.... https://journals.cambridge.org/acti...660&jid=BJN&volumeId=88&issueId=02&aid=907648 DH has promised to look up some recipes!
Fisherwoman, welcome!!
Carolyn, HiP went in yesterday! - hoorah!! Haven't had the letter yet though....
Loobi, I used rlt capsules last time, but a friend just gave me two boxes of the teabags, so may see if I can stomach that first - it wasn't cheap to buy!!
As for us, as well as the teabags, got a goody bag with newborn teats, disposable knickers (unused!), sleep bra, and all sorts of other goodies I haven't had a chance to look at yet, oh some preg mags - awesome!
Have had a lovely day out, Belfat Childrens' Festival, the Story of the Cloud - lovely - coffee out before and lunch out afterwards with chums :) Oh and playpark at the beginning and end too!!

four hours sounds good ay? but with my first i was over 24 hours.... about 9 with second... in fact mine have been a variation ..... am hoping for not too long a one here...
our first three were born at home in UK... then the next 2 in dublin, where i was with the community midwives, they were fab..... but the care here is no where near so good and we are 30km from the hospital... so not TOO quick..... i hope..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->