****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Aww MrsP that sounds like a nice thing meeting up with the other mummies :D

As for me Im off to Kent later on this afternoon with OH to visit his parents, I love going down there as we get looked after and spoilt and fed yummy food :happydance:

Baby is kicking and moving so much it's making me feel off balance and a bit sick! Little bugger!

I have started washing stuff too, but mostly the newborn and some 0-3 mos (in case bubba is huge). All of the blankets and sheets and such have been done as well. I am not washing all of the new stuff yet because we have gotten so much I don't want to take the tags off just in case I end up exchanging something for a bigger size.

DH's mum dropped off a bag of clothes yesterday. She got tipped off by a friend that a baby clothing store had closed and whatever they hadn't sold during the "going out of business" sale they had dropped off at the thrift store. So she ended up picking up 14 little outfits or onsies for $16! Tags still on! :happydance:

MrsP, Mart is out of the doghouse now. He took me out today and brought me lunch followed byt the biggest crepe covered in nutella, fresh strawberries and cream!!! Gosh it was soooooo good! He knows now never say anything like that to me again. He said sorry last night but i didn't speak to him till this morning!

So finally found a top for a hen party i got tomorrow night, from Peacocks of all places?!?! No hiding the bump for me anymore though, it's out and proud!

Mart actually has the bank holiday weekend off for the first time in forever so we really don't know what to do. He will probably wanna sleep but i say if the weathers nice we are off out!

Bump was abit sore today walking around the shops, felt really heavy. Anyone else feel like this????

Still no phone call from the HIP people!!!! I bet any money they have lost my form!!! Tossers!!!!!

xxx

philly... i am feeling this way too..... and if i bend over sometimes, i feel like the little fella is trying to come out my poor bottom... hahaha so i dont bend OVER i bend my knees to pick things up..... my bump gets very achey... DH keeps telling me its cos i am no spring chicken any more and i have alot of slack muscles... after having so many babies... nice way to make me feel good ay..hahahahah

secret to scratch mitts and booties is to buy a washing net and some plastic pegs that way you can peg em together and put in the net and even if they escape the peg they still are contained! My mum told me this after we had given in and started using the babygros from next with inbuilt scratch mits!

i did that and thats how come one was tucked in lol my dryer eats socks so i couldn't be without a net lol

quick question ladies... all bumps clothes, blankets etc are in a huuuuge mountain in DD#1's room and kinda getting in the way... is it too early to wash it all and put it away? xx
Am I a bad mum?! I didn't wash anything before DD wore it... Not too early to put things away though I don't think, I plan to this weekend...

Hi ladies,
Just joining all you Aug bubbas here, mine is due Aug 20th, blue and pink polka dot at the mo!!
Hi kerste :)

read on a thread that a midwife said 3 rtl tablets from 32 weeks at 36 have 6 rtl tabs and from 37 weeks sex every 6 hours and express milk from 37 weeks as it release a hormone to start you off i'm gonna be busy
I certainly won't be expressing or trying nipple stimulation - not good! I'm still up for this unripe papaya though :) And sex, well, we'll see, certainly not on a 6 hourly basis!

Bump was abit sore today walking around the shops, felt really heavy. Anyone else feel like this????
I get an awful stitch these days, lower RHS, if I try and walk anywhere too fast!

Had a lovely day today, off for a playdate - we've been cadging lifts from friends while DH is driving, used to do it all the time when C was in infant carrier, bit trickier now needing the big car seat, but they've loved having company!
We spent the whole morning in the garden there, breaking up fights between 2 year olds who all want the same toy :) three of them on the trampoline together was hilarious!
Bump doing well, friends were saying today I've put on less weight all over than last time, which is nice to hear!

hi everyone :)
hope ur all ok!

havent been on in a while... my laptop takes foreverrrrr to come on!!

jus been reading about expressing & stuf.. wel my midwife said i could start now.. so she must not think it brings on labour :S

hope ur all ok!

xx

Hi girls! :wave:
Anyone sign up for any classes, or am i way too early for that? :blush:
We just finished up our Bradley Method classes 2 weeks ago (its a 12 week class).
We signed up for our waterbirth class and birth center tour for July 22nd. And the breastfeeding class and "Happiest Baby on the Block" class we also signed up for (In June) the only offerings before i could potentially go into labor was June 8th (HBB class) and June 28th for the breastfeeding class. Im very excited! Hopefully the DH and I can remember everything though! :dohh:

That is a lot of classes! I signed up for prenatal classes which covers breastfeeding and birth and taking care of baby and most of the things you're taking individual classes for, they start june 9th and go till july 14 a good time I think.

Hollywoodmum I was wondering about the washing of clothes to, it's not something anyone around here that I know has kids does unless they buy second hand stuff. I have washed the second hand stuff but didn't have plans to wash the new stuff?

My bump doesn't ache nor does it feel heavy but my right hip has started to ache and I'm having a nerve issue thats about it. I do find it harder to sleep comfortably but normally just shove a pillow under my belly to help. Skin is getting dry on my bump to so going to start using my bio oil again.

I think doing whatever is best for you is good enough :)
It helps me taking them, but others im sure it could just hinder their abilities.
I had some good recommendations for them, so i figured if ppl were talking about em than they must be a good thing :thumbup:
Plus, most places you can get all of that rolled into one class- they dont do that here- its all separate.

tiffany, as far as i know you're supposed to wash the new clothing too, but i guess its a personal choice. Sometimes there are dyes and whatnot on em that could come off on other clothing or onto the skin. Thats one reason for washing the new stuff. The other reason is...you never know who was handling your clothing, especially if it was made in another country. You wouldnt buy food and eat it before washing it, so cleaning clothing before using it is probably a good idea as well.

You wash your food to?????? Actually I do eat my food as is. Except things that have the garden dirt still on it like strawberries and such and potatoes.

My class is an all in one class, which I am happy for cause I don't think I could fit all them in to my schedule if they were separate. Sucks that they don't offer an all in one but hey you get to spread them out and enjoy them longer!

Yeah thats what i figure.

:haha: Well we wash our fruits, vegetables, and meats prior to eating/cooking. Those are especially important to rinse under some water, especially items like fruit that was produced in another country...like Mexico.

The only meat I wash is turkey. There are probably more chemicals in my water then the food I buy anyway :rofl:

I am more of a let them get dirty kind of person, my mom let her first 3 kids ruck about (within reason of course) and then didn't with my younger sister and she is the one with all the allergies and issues. Having said that I won't let them eat chewed gum off the floor or anything but I figure if there are harmful dyes in the clothing washing them once isn't going to get rid of them. Although I do wash the second hand stuff since it's been worn before. Plus I can't return the second hand stuff anyway. Part of me is still afraid he's going to come out a she!!!!! :rofl: I will have them recheck tomorrow just in case :rofl:

:rofl: I worry the same for myself :haha:

We arn't "strict" about foods, but in the US practically EVERYTHING is sprayed with some chemical. Actually, the "food preparation" business here is nuts! At Penn State they even had a major for it LOL. We just rinse em under water for a couple seconds to get the crap off- has nothing to do with allergies. But i will say, if it was from my own garden i would probably be like you. But since i have to purchase from the store- which comes from many places and many factories, i rinse em but thats about the extent of it.

I signed up for NCT classes which started a couple of weeks ago and I'm impressed with them, v small class and the other girls and their husbands are all really nice, i knew lots of peops who have done them before and said they're worth it purely for the people you meet, so hopefully we'll all be able to meet for coffee and lunch when we're on mat leave!

All you girls sound so organised with your baby clothes all washed and ready! I've done feck all! Bought a Moses basket at Christmas cos was a bargain (currently in loft!) and ordered the buggy but that's it!! Going to start buying bits in next couple of weeks though, NCT woman said she'd give us a list of essentials so will wait until I have that
and go shopping!

jus been reading about expressing & stuf.. wel my midwife said i could start now.. so she must not think it brings on labour :S

Hey aimee, good to see you, I just never turn my laptop off!! I wouldn't fancy expressing now,it was hard enough in the first coup[le of weeks anyway, let along when all you have is some colostrum, and no milk!

Hollywoodmum I was wondering about the washing of clothes to, it's not something anyone around here that I know has kids does unless they buy second hand stuff. I have washed the second hand stuff but didn't have plans to wash the new stuff?

Totally with you. can't return what's been washed, and wash 2nd hand stuff!

Hi girls! :wave:
Anyone sign up for any classes, or am i way too early for that? :blush:
We just finished up our Bradley Method classes 2 weeks ago (its a 12 week class).
We signed up for our waterbirth class and birth center tour for July 22nd. And the breastfeeding class and "Happiest Baby on the Block" class we also signed up for (In June) the only offerings before i could potentially go into labor was June 8th (HBB class) and June 28th for the breastfeeding class. Im very excited! Hopefully the DH and I can remember everything though! :dohh:

I did hostpital and NCT antenatal classes last time, and just booked in to the Home from Home Active Birthing Workshop for 14 July :) That's just an hour though...

You wouldnt buy food and eat it before washing it, so cleaning clothing before using it is probably a good idea as well.

Er yep!! bad mum alert again, grapes and strawberries DD and I were eating today without washing, and apples...

All you girls sound so organised with your baby clothes all washed and ready! I've done feck all! Bought a Moses basket at Christmas cos was a bargain (currently in loft!) and ordered the buggy but that's it!! Going to start buying bits in next couple of weeks though, NCT woman said she'd give us a list of essentials so will wait until I have that
and go shopping!

I thought the NCT ones very good last time round :) You've time to sort your stuff, don't panic!!

I'm off to bed now, way past my bedtime :)
Night all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->