****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hey hi!! i wouldlike to be added on your list too.. im due on 28 aug Its a boy!!

Thanks!!

Awww I just made up for my busy weekend!
I had a wee snooze on the sofa for almost an hour lol, and when I woke up Mat had Cleared away the dinner things, done the dishwasher, cleaned the kitchen, Chabged all the beds (except Rileys as he is sleepin lol), AND sorted out the animals!
What a superstar!

I think you might be right Lucy, and maybe I'll hold off on buyin anything too dinky just yet, Maybe get one or two things in first size that go up to 7lb that way if I do manage to keep bubs snug till due time then there's still a chance they will fit for a while!
I think last weekend just scared me a little when they started talking about injecting me with steroids if it happens again in case it started me into labour! ARRGH!

Oh bless him what a star. He does look after you.

Melissa that does look nice! I need something that baby can sleep in that I can bring on a plane though for when we travel at christmas, anyone got any ideas? I think the travel cribs are to big for an aircraft. Plus we'll have to pack the car seat base to. Ugh I am already dreading all the luggage we'll have! lol. Not the baby of course though.

Tiff I dont know what it is like where you are, but we have flown a few times now with Eleanor and from a small baby and we have always had to hold Eleanor, but fortunately most people dont want to sit next to people with a baby or small child so you normally gain an extra seat and we put her to sleep on there.

Only when we flew to Dubai with Virgin were we able to book a sky cot. But Eleanor was 7 months when we flew to Egypt and thats 5 hours from here and she was as good as gold and slept on the seat between us.

But when we flew to Spain recently with Easy Jet I was having a read and they let you take on the childs car seat if the child is not big enough to sit in a seat unaidded but dont know how many air lines have that policy.

But I wouldnt worry too much, I think its more of a pain for us as parents than them as small babies.

There are some fab travel cots though, my mum has one that I suppose is a metre high and 9 inches square folded so great if you need space saver and would be good for travelling.

hey hi!! i wouldlike to be added on your list too.. im due on 28 aug Its a boy!!

Thanks!!

Welcome :hi: I shall add you to the front page.

AFM - have to carry on painting the stair parts this morning, well probably most of today. Didnt quite realise how long it would take.

On a plus though Dan and Si have gone off to collect the nursery furniture this morning from Dan's yard so can start to get my bits down and washed. Its all sorted and ready to go. Very excited!!!

Hope you all have a good Sunday x

Morning all up early cos I couldnt sleep, MrsP she doesnt have that many clothes if Im honest we have a small basket on her unit which is for outfits and its nearly full now. So gonna stop I think, most of the stuff I have got in 0-3 and 3-6 anyway as I know they grow so quick at the beginning!

Having pancakes and icecream for breakfast this morning yum yum :D

Morning all.....

Went out for the hen party last night. Was ok but the 2 hags who are part of Mart's family were completey annoying. Made me laugh how when it was just one she spoke tried to speak to me most of the evening then when her side kick turned up (who didn't even speak to me) she buggered off with her!!! What a joke, if they weren't ugly mooses i would say something but i suppose i should pity them! Must be hard to look like chunk and sloth from the Goonies!!!!

I seemed to be the only one with a bit of life in me last night. There was a point when we brought the hen a gift, these consisted of someone buying a mini dove set!?!?!?!?! Next gift was a picture album of childhood pics which made her cry..... so then my gift, dominatrix set, blow job kit and a chocolate penis!!! I laughed so much due to the shock on peoples faces. I left shortly after that! hahahahaha

Well don't know what to do with myself today, was going shopping for baby bedding but Mart is in a coma and doubt if he will rise before midday when the shops will be rammed. Or i wait till he gets up and get his wallet to take me out to lunch!!! lol

Hope everyone has a good one xxx

Melissa that does look nice! I need something that baby can sleep in that I can bring on a plane though for when we travel at christmas, anyone got any ideas? I think the travel cribs are to big for an aircraft. Plus we'll have to pack the car seat base to. Ugh I am already dreading all the luggage we'll have! lol. Not the baby of course though.

What about something like this hun??
I have a similar type of travel cot made by Samsonite that is amazing! it folds down into a tiny circular bad that is really easy to slip into your case! I used mine for Riley untill he was around 5-6 months!
https://www.mystrollers.com/shop/product.aspx?ref=CJ&sku=P101RED

Or even one like this

https://www.theportablebaby.com/philandtedstraveller.html

Had to edit and re post links as they didnt work the first time I posted this! Hope it does this time!

Nikki, your DH is a star!!
Kelly, a regular travel cot perhaps?! Your baby will be 4 months by xmas, and well able to sleep in that - and it will be useful for a good couple of years! DD wouldn't have fitted in her carrycot by 4 months old...
Hi happy_mom, congrats on your blue bundle!

DH has just taken C for swimming, I used to take her on Friday, but we switched to Sunday as I was finding it increasingly hard work, and the sessions will finish in Sept when I'll have a few week old baby, and probably still be bleeding - not good for swimming!
Anyway, it was all dads there, which is really nice for him I think :)

I've finished off baby's room, furniture wise. Just need to unpack the newborn/0-3 clothes this afternoon when DH is out to the Baby Rave with C!

WE found out we are having a boy, couldn't wait until the baby came so we opened up the paper the scanner had given us at our 20 week scan.

We have a bassinet, but thats just because we wanted to save up for a nice convertable crib...turns out we found a good deal a week ago, so know we have both! Which, actually turned out to be convenient because our house is 3 floors so its nice to have something on each floor (pack n play with bassinet/changing table) on first floor, crib on second, and bassinet on third. The steps in our house are VERY steep and im already getting nervous walking up and down em when i cant even see my feet :blush: At any rate, we may keep the bassinet at our bedside just so its easier in the night.

i read this.......

''We have a bassinet, but thats just because we wanted to save up for a nice convertable crib''

as this....

We have a bassinet, but thats just because we wanted to save up for a nice convertable......

haha..... x

welcome happy mom:flower:
just been to a christening and picked up boys from my brothers the is an after due but doesn't start until 2 so i look in the mirror and my hair is rank i've bathed and am dressed nice but my skin is greasy and my hair is slick to my head eewwww so off for a bath beforethe after due its the only thing i hate about this pred my hair and nails are fucked and my skin is omg rank off the clean :cry:myself lol

Kelly I would call the airline if I were you and see what their policy is. I know I've seen women bring their baby in a stroller right up to the gate and then they just store them at the fron of the plain...so maybe you could do the same with a car seat/travel cot. And I'm sure you would be able to check a playard or something with a built-in bassinet and changer..that would probably be perfect for your parent's house.

Hi girls would like to start by saying congrats & good luck to you all :flower:

I would like to be added to if you dont mind although my situation is slightly different to you all we are adopting & our son is due to arrive on 29 Aug (they say might be a couple weeks further on tho as dating scan was not done till couple weeks aso and harder to tell correctly further in preg)

xxxx

I would like to be added to if you dont mind although my situation is slightly different to you all we are adopting & our son is due to arrive on 29 Aug (they say might be a couple weeks further on tho as dating scan was not done till couple weeks aso and harder to tell correctly further in preg)

xxxx

welcome hun, :) what an exciting time, xx

Congratulations wannabmum! I bet your on tender hooks at the moment then! x

Finally brought the bedding for bubs cot. Got super excited when we were in the Mamas and Papas store. I really fell in love with the Doodle Pip collection, so when the lady said it was up to 50% off as they were discontinuing the stock i cleared the shelves!!! So happy i finally have it sorted. Can't wait to put it all together now..... OOOOOHHHHH exciting!!!!

xxx

Mrs p I am not worried about the plane ride I am worried about where baby is going to sleep once we're back home for the three weeks as his crib will be here.

We'll hold him on the plane but I mean where is he gonna sleep when we're across the country at my parents place, we can't bring his crib on the plane! The flight is about 5 hours so DH and I will take turns

I took my DD to NYC to stay with my Mum when she was 8 months, she was in her stroller until we got to the plane and the cabin crew kept it but the stroller would need to be tagged with our names. I brought her car seat with us but it was kept in the hold after being checked in. It is a risk because it can be damaged through rough handling - so I put the car seat in its own carton box with a lot of padding around it and securely taped. My DH and I took turns holding our baby. I made sure to feed her during take-off and landing so her ears wouldn't be too affected. On our return, we took the late night's flight so the baby would sleep throughout the flight. She was such a good traveller!

As for the crib, I ordered a pack and play bassinet and have it delivered to my Mum.

Hi girls would like to start by saying congrats & good luck to you all :D

I'm also due in august on the 26th with my 1st baby so exciting now getting so close!x

Mercy something like that is exactly what I need! It folds down to nothing! A travel cot won't work they are to big to put on a plane. The car seat goes with the stroller so I am not worried about that. The other option was to buy one there and leave it which might work out if I can find one second hand.

Mercy got any idea where I can find one of those tent things in canada? I haven't seen them in stores.

xxxx

Very exciting!! Have you/will you meet the birth mother?Sorry if I'm being rude, it's just fascinating! How old will LO be, like straight away!?

I'm also due in august on the 26th with my 1st baby so exciting now getting so close!x

Congratulations!

Mercy something like that is exactly what I need! It folds down to nothing! A travel cot won't work they are to big to put on a plane. The car seat goes with the stroller so I am not worried about that. The other option was to buy one there and leave it which might work out if I can find one second hand.

Mercy got any idea where I can find one of those tent things in canada? I haven't seen them in stores.

I've never had an issue taking a travel cot on a flight - it just gets checked in with hold luggage, a lot of airlines here will take one free of charge as well...
We have a pop up tent cot as well - bushbaby nestegg... https://www.bush-baby.com/nestegg.html
It's also very good in the garden in summer as tent as UV filter
https://www.fqmagazine.co.uk/bbdcart/images/Nestegg-lime.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.ca/2010-Kidco-PeaP...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53e18a4994
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Baby-Crib-Insec...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5887e4a4c0
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Portable-Baby-I...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cabde437f
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Baby-Crib-Mosqu...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cadaa40c4

Would like to start by saying thanks to everyone :hugs:

Holywoodmum, birth mum is my sister she is already single mum of 3 and couldn't cope/doesn't want anymore children she was on depo when became preg and knew she defo didnt want baby but said she would go thre with preg if DH & I wanted to adopt bby but otherwise would end preg(not nice to say I know but truth) she said she would feel bad ending the preg when she knew we had been ttc for 6 years. Really can't wait to meet the little man :). We will be bringing him straight home from hosp I will also be there at his birth but adoption can't get finalised till he is 19 weeks, we are picking his name etc as well I have also taken her for 3d/4d scan etc photos are in adoption part of forum under my thread our journey along with link to my lttc journal

xxxx

xxxx

Very exciting!! Have you/will you meet the birth mother?Sorry if I'm being rude, it's just fascinating! How old will LO be, like straight away!?

Congratulations!

I've never had an issue taking a travel cot on a flight - it just gets checked in with hold luggage, a lot of airlines here will take one free of charge as well...
We have a pop up tent cot as well - bushbaby nestegg... https://www.bush-baby.com/nestegg.html
It's also very good in the garden in summer as tent as UV filter
https://www.fqmagazine.co.uk/bbdcart/images/Nestegg-lime.jpg

https://cgi.ebay.ca/2010-Kidco-PeaP...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item53e18a4994
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Baby-Crib-Insec...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item5887e4a4c0
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Portable-Baby-I...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cabde437f
https://cgi.ebay.ca/Baby-Crib-Mosqu...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3cadaa40c4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->