****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hello hello hello to the new ladies! How exciting that we are all here sharing this journey together! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this site!
Wannabmum, what an exciting and special time for you! and so fab that you can be so close to the babies birth mummy! Have you any names decided for the little one!

I am struggling today, My poor pelvis feels like its going to drop out lol! I was actually waddling into our Barracks this afternoon when the security guy on the gate asked if I needed one of the guys to drive me to my house the other side of the camp haha! I must have looked shattered lol! We'd been on the train to Bangor (NI) with Riley which he LOVED, and I think the waddle back from the station had worn me out!

I'm also very pleased with my bargains this afternoon! I bought a beautiful soft Pram Blanket for £1 and also got 2 hooded bath towels for £2 each too!!! YEY! AND I gave in to my worrying and bought one single Tiny baby sized Sleepsuit! it really is the dinkiest thing I have ever seen! It was in the sale tho and was only £3 so its not too much of a waste if I do manage to carry to full term!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend so far and that all the UK ladies are looking forward to the bank holiday tomorrow x x

Nik x x

I don't know if this can be added, but I have a c-section for August 16th scheduled! :)

Thanks x

Thanks for the ebay links!!!!!! I will start the search now for one of those handy pop up tents. It would be perfect.

Penultimate box....scary I never made 9 box last time...Moglet will be here soon :happydance:

Hi all,

mad night for me last night DD#1 (Abby, 18months) had her first (and last with any luck) asthma attack, she struggled for breath and just as i reached to phone for an ambulance she gook a gulp of air and got going again... screaming and terrified! i rang nhs24 and got her checked out at the local hosp - they were fab! her stats and breathing were normal so they let me take her home, ive been up prodding and checking on her all night. She seems fine now but its safe to say my blood pressure of the chart!!

hope everyone well :) xx

Good morning all!
Well I have had a lovely lie in this morning as hubs and my little man got up and had breakfast together leavin me snoozing haha!
Its a beautiful day in NI and I think I will take my mums and tots group outside to play in the sun today! I dont usually open it on a Bank hol but I have spread word around and think its a shame to waste the opportunity to take our garden toys out!

My bump feels very hard today, and I think Braxton Hicks have started happening! it gets tight and if baby kicks when its like that it bloomin hurts! lol! I think I have a little dancer in there because he or she is shimmying away like mad in there this past few days!
cant remember when i got BH's with riley, I am sure something happened to all my brain cells after I had him cos it was only 2 yrs ago but I seem to have forgotten everything haha!

Hope everyone is well today! good luck finding a pop up travel cot Kelly9, they really are fantastic! I tried looking if the one I have is available in Canada and I think its a UK only one! but hopefully on ebay you'll find something similar!

Right off for a shower and to wander to our little shop now to buy milk and yummy things for my mums and tots group!
Lots of hugs
Nikki B x x x x

mercy relax hunny i used to go moms and toddlers i loved it its a taste of normal life oh i get to see adult i'll defo be joining my local group when bubba comes

kelly9 good luck with your hunt for bed for your home visit

i went back for the after due it was really nice food was lush toffee cheesecake for pudding i was lush i felt fine once i'd got clean but would you believe last night my hair was greasy again mom says its the hormones it's not happened in my other pregs my hair has been fine weird :shrug:

i'm nesting ladies gutted my house today got hubby helping me he's off in 2 weeks for a week and i've great plans for him painting lol i've promised him a day fishing tho in return

Wannabmum, sounds very exciting, and lovely that you can be so close to everything, and I'm sure for your sister too to see her son grow up :)
Nik, that's a LONG walk!! I struggle to my house, and I'm sure that's further, although perhaps less hill!! Did you take him up on the lift?! I would have!
We didn't get Bank Hol off from school :( Didn't get to enjoy the weather at all apart from having staff photo taken and all having majoy squints in our left eyes!!
I hadn't even noticed the box move up moggy!!
Carolyn, that sounds really scary! Had you any idea she was asthmatic?
I'd noticed my bump getting hard too, but never with any pain or discomfort, didn't think about it, but maybe I have been having Braxton Hicks?!
Flutter, nesting's good! Just don't go overboard and strain something!!

DD trying out a new jigsaw thing, shapes cut out to make a butterfly, and is finding it very stressful - lots of 'mummy do it', crying and then elation when she gets it right!
Need to go and sort her tea now, getting late!

Carolyn said:
yea, her dad is and she is never clear of a cough/cold and often wheezes at night - poor thing. she has been spoiled rotten today lol xx

haha Lucy, I didnt take him up on his lift! although I was tempted! It was qute a walk but to be honest I am trying to keep myself active because I seem to be stiffening up on the days when I dont walk much! I'm definately going to book in to the docs this week to talk about my pelvic pain! its gettin to me now!

Boooo to you not getting the Bank hol off too Lucy! :0(

I had a funny (but slightly scary and gross) moment earlier at my mums and tots group! I was giving my friends little one a snuggle when I felt a rather warm and VERY wet trickle down my leg! It seemed to start rightbup the top of my thighs..... SO I immediately freaked and thought my waters had broken haha. NOPE!!!! I then realised that my little friends Nappy had leaked and her WHOLE pee had leaked out the side and dribbled down my leg hahaha! I was SO SO relieved that it was pee rather than waters! haha! I felt a bit silly when I realised! lol.
Quick change later and all was fine again! haha! and bless her she didnt get a drop of it on herself! hahahaha!

Any of you ladies from Canada getting any fire/haze/smoke from the major forest fire up there? Here in New Hampshire it is VERY hard to see. Looks like overcast and haze times a trillion! The local weather said it was from the forest fire...in Canada! That is crazy! Stay safe you Canadians!

The forest fire is in Quebec, so the ladies on the west coast are fine. I'm in Toronto (Ontario) about 8 hours drive from where the fires are and there is no sign of it at all.

I hope it starts to easy up so you can see again! Maybe if the winds change we will be in the same boat.

It was really windy today. So maybe if the winds change it wont be here. Im amazed at how bad it is...i mean i know Canada is relatively close...didn't realize it was that close!
It actually has been getting darker and darker...and not from night fall either. Its the oddest thing.

Actually it got dark early here tonight too! But I was hoping that meant we were going to get some rain finally.

Actually it got dark early here tonight too! But I was hoping that meant we were going to get some rain finally.

:haha: yeah that would probably help :thumbup:
Our darkness was def. cuz of the haze. But have to admit it was sorta neat to see with all those big ships and sale boats on the bay!

Just watched the local news. Apparently the smoke was so bad because it blown my way, and then when it got to the ocean (which is pretty much within 10 miles from my town) blew it BACK to us :wacko: Oh well. The warning is supposed to expire at 2:45am since the winds are suposed to change. You ladies keep safe!

You guys can send your sun to BC...we've had ALOT of rain lately...although, being preggers...it keeps the heat away! :)

Bah we had snow just 2 days ago Jasmak! I don't feel bad for your rain, I'll trade! I am in calgary. No sign of smoke out here.

I failed my 1 hour GD test :( any other of you failed it then passed or failed the 3 hour? I have mine tomorrow but am all worried about it.

my baby is predicted girl and still on the 15 of august 10q

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev226pr___.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"