****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Thanks guppy. Its going to be annoying but I"ll try. Just want to get into clinic asap now so I don't do anymore damage.

I had a good nights sleep last night and coupled with a good rant on here im feeling positive. bring it on is what i say. It looks like a sunny day and Abby off to grannys at 11 (thank goodness for grannys) so im going shopping and or lunch with my best friend - who will now also be fighting my sister for position of birthing partner :)

Jasmak - FOB stands for father of baby :)

Moggymay - quick question if you dont mind... how old is moglet? I think Abby is ready for potty training but the idea terrifies me... she still has plenty of time but when she pees now she squats and holds her nose and shouts mumma poooo for the other lol. It would be nice to have her potty trained before bubba tadpole arrives but i dont know where to start!! lol xxx

Mogster is almost 3 - we triedn when he was 2 and a bit but no joy as he wasnt ready, tried again at 2.5 and again not ready, this time hes pretty much dry now :yipee: Apparently once they are ready it just happens and I was sceptical if it was true but yup it is!

They say girls are ready between 2-3 and boys 2.5-3.5 so give her a try and if on day 1 it is obviously not gonna happen then maybe move her on to pull-ups in the day - easier on your back and distinguishes between her and baby from her perspective she remains the big girl. Then try again in a couple of months. Good luck :thumbup:

Ooh and try milkshakes with chocs in as they dont give you the heartburn those brownies probably did :dohh:

Thank you :) i think i will try the pull up suggestion and give her a little longer... dont want to push her to do something if she isnt ready. There are a lot of changed going on here with FOB moving out, baby arriving soon etc i dont want to over whelm her!

I felt like downing the bottle of maalox for my heartburn last night and i slept almost upright...haha, lesson learnt!! xx

Morning guys! Wow, what a night!!!

Got to hospital told they needed to check bub's hb. However they couldn't find it, Mart nearly passed out with fear and i just had my eyes closed, praying. After what seemed like forever, they found him! Naughtly boy! As soon as they found him, he wouldn't stop moving. At one point Mart was talking to him and he was reacting to everything he said. It was lovely!!!

As for me, well no UTI. They took bloods and told me there may be an infection but they can't be sure as my results came back borderline. It wasn't my appendix which they originally thought and they don't quite know what it is. My iron is low so they gave me tablets and told me if it gets anyworse or i start being sick to come back in. Don't you just love hospitals?!?!

So got in at 4am and couldn't sleep. Mixture of worry and they pain. Mart fell asleep for 1.5 hours whilst we were there! I had to laugh cause when the nurse came in a few times he was snoring his head off! She just laughed and left him to it!!!

What a night!!!!

xxx

Got to hospital told they needed to check bub's hb. However they couldn't find it, Mart nearly passed out with fear and i just had my eyes closed, praying. After what seemed like forever, they found him! Naughtly boy! As soon as they found him, he wouldn't stop moving. At one point Mart was talking to him and he was reacting to everything he said. It was lovely!!!

As for me, well no UTI. They took bloods and told me there may be an infection but they can't be sure as my results came back borderline. It wasn't my appendix which they originally thought and they don't quite know what it is. My iron is low so they gave me tablets and told me if it gets anyworse or i start being sick to come back in. Don't you just love hospitals?!?!

So got in at 4am and couldn't sleep. Mixture of worry and they pain. Mart fell asleep for 1.5 hours whilst we were there! I had to laugh cause when the nurse came in a few times he was snoring his head off! She just laughed and left him to it!!!

What a night!!!!

xxx

Ooof - glad to hear you are out okay and they found bubs (cheeky monkey :haha:) - will you get some sleep today???? What a night indeed hun :hugs:

I gotta be honest i feel rough! Can't sleep though as wide awake. Oh forgot to put that mw doesn't think i will last to 38 weeks!!! She thinks i will be back soon to have bub!!!

I gotta keep me legs crossed from now on then! At least is kind of shook Mart up abit. It's made him focus alot more on me, which is always a bonus!!!!

xxx

Gosh Philly, you have had quite a night! Glad you and your baby are okay! I hope you are feeling a bit better today!

philly :hugs: hope your ok

kelly9 boo for gd hun i was so worried i'd get it i didn;'t know carbs don't help i'll be addressing my diet today fish and veg from now on i think my sugar is 4.4 so they are not worried yet but my craving is sweets and icecream is it will go up if i carry on :cry:

carolyns some men ay you don't think fob is getting cold feet and nervous about :baby: coming do you and want a couple of weeks being a batcholar before he grows up

well ladies just a qiuck drop in i'm cracking the whip today hubby doing lawns and i'm stripping the kitchen i decieded last night i want the whole house repainted and my kitchen plastered before baby gets here my bro coming to plaster next weekend so getting my house prepd up as hubby is off from the 9th so gonna make every spare second count i know nesting but a total overall lol hubby thinks i'm taking the piss lol alot is just touching up the colours so it won't take him long lol:blush:

Glad your ok Philly :)

Just gonna spend todya relaxing in the garden I think xx

philly :hugs: hope your ok

kelly9 boo for gd hun i was so worried i'd get it i didn;'t know carbs don't help i'll be addressing my diet today fish and veg from now on i think my sugar is 4.4 so they are not worried yet but my craving is sweets and icecream is it will go up if i carry on :cry:

carolyns some men ay you don't think fob is getting cold feet and nervous about :baby: coming do you and want a couple of weeks being a batcholar before he grows up

well ladies just a qiuck drop in i'm cracking the whip today hubby doing lawns and i'm stripping the kitchen i decieded last night i want the whole house repainted and my kitchen plastered before baby gets here my bro coming to plaster next weekend so getting my house prepd up as hubby is off from the 9th so gonna make every spare second count i know nesting but a total overall lol hubby thinks i'm taking the piss lol alot is just touching up the colours so it won't take him long lol:blush:

Im not sure if thats it or not but he has taken it too far now and i dont want to be anywhere near him - will have to speak to him soon about bubs and ££ etc but im going to put it off untill he calms down a bit.

god luck with the decorating etc - make sure you dont over do it!!! :flower: xx

So just rang the delivery suite. Gotta go in and be checked so crapping myself now. Just waiting for Mart to be dropped off, heaven knows what the neighbours will think when they see a police car outside!!!
Please let this be something stupid! Bub you're not coming out yet!!!! xxx

What a night!!!!

xxx
Glad you're OK - cook a little longer bubs!

Good luck philly.

Sorry about father of baby (FOB for Jasmak) I hope he grows up.

afm, well it's official I have GD :( Now just waiting for my next apt on the 14th to figure out what that means besides limiting sugars and carbs and checking my blood levels with my finger poker thing.
Boo for GD :( I haven't been tested, don't know if I should have been or not?! what symptoms have you got to worry for if you don't know if you have it!?

Moggymay - quick question if you dont mind... how old is moglet? I think Abby is ready for potty training but the idea terrifies me... she still has plenty of time but when she pees now she squats and holds her nose and shouts mumma poooo for the other lol. It would be nice to have her potty trained before bubba tadpole arrives but i dont know where to start!! lol xxx
There is a book called Potty Training in One week, GF. Very detailed advice if you have no idea where to start! not that we've tried yet! Good checklist for signs of readyness - eg being able to undress self (so they can actually USE potty/toilet) as well as knowing they need to go etc...

As for us, well FIL is visiting... grrrrr. DH at work today, so I'm in charge of C and him. He's doing my head in already. Smokes too much (and spliffs too) not in the house or anything, but when we're all walking around together outside... the spliffs, I can't be too high and mighty, I've done that in my time, but he'll go for one, then be playing with C still reeking etc. And last time he was here he took our car to Sainsburys and came back telling us he'd had a spliff in the carpark there - wtf!! Like a kid. So I've made DH take our car to work today so FIL can't drive it! I have my dad's car, but FIL can't drive it...
Charlotte sleeping, I've snuck next door to my parents house while FIL sleeps on sofa, so I can escape and come on here, and then we need some lunch, half hour kip for me, and then C and I have a birthday party to go to. not sure what FIL doing then, may send him on the train in to Belfast, or he can come to party too, if he wants to feel really out of his depth, I think he knows I won't spend the afternoon making conversation with him when we're at a birthday party! Roll on 5pm and DH home, so I'm no longer responsible for 2 big kids!!

Oh hun you don't need another one to look after, and an adult at that :dohh: hope you enjoy the party though!

Re GD - I was checked for it due to high BMI at the start of pregnancy, I think they usually just test you if you are high risk ie family history, previous GD or high BMI? Not sure what the signs would be though :shrug:

AFM Just had a fab driving lesson so feeling good, and the electricians are working hard so I should finally have the shower working today - good times!

you mean you havent showered since they started the extension - wondered what the smell was heading south towards me :haha:

Only kidding! Looking forward to your bathroom pics :thumbup:

Have a good afternoon :hug:

Cheeky :winkwink: have been lucky enough to get many invites to tea at the MILs and use of their shower - and we obv have a bath, but I am so ungainly climbing into it, I am missing the shower lol.

Tricians working hard, and their friend popped round who does patios/garden type stuff and is going to sort that for us too - finally falling into place despite the fact our builder seems to think he can sack off finishing the job :haha:

Philly, im so glad you and bubs is fine! Dont ya hate that when they worry you w/ finding the HB? :shock: they did that to me at my 20 week appt. Even switched from doppler to US machine, it freaked me out...then at the end they said "opps, batteries were dead!" :growlmad:

About the GD, in the States, they automatically test you at 28 weeks, no matter if you are low risk, normal risk, or high risk. Its standard across the board to be tested no matter what. And in some areas (like where i used to live) they test you at 16 weeks and again at 28 weeks. (stupid for the 16 week test, but they do it because my area seems to have higher rates of GD- LAMO! lol). The reason for the compulsory 28 week GD testing is because something changes in the placenta around 24 weeks that can cause sugar issues. (obviously this doesn't happen for the majority of woman). Some women dont have any symptoms at all and they only reason they find out they have GD is getting the sugar test done. Then there are people like me, i dont have GD but i do have Hypoglycemia (low sugars) and i vomit when my sugar goes below 75 (its not suppose to go below 70 but usually it falls to 58 or something). So i only have half the problem and i had crazy symptoms. Other ladies have full blown GD and get no symptoms.

Glad you and bub are doing well philly! :hugs:

I am pretty sure they test everyone here for GD too, but only at 28 weeks.

DH and I were planning on going to my family's cottage for the July long weekend, but my grandma says I shouldn't go "in my condition" and since it is still her cottage I guess that's off. :cry: Instead we were throwing around the idea of going camping, but seeing as I can barely sleep in our cushy bed, I don't think that I will make it even half a night on the ground. We don't really want to spend any unnecessary money but we do desperately want to go away just the two of us before the baby is here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->