****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

lol well I like to be organized to but don't want to be stepping over a packed bag for 2 months. Besides I don't think there is anyway I'll be going early unless induced and then I'll have warning so I'll let it sit a bit longer lol.

I thought that when was preggers with Mogster then one sunday evening stood up after eating roast dinner to clear plates and gush! Waters went and Mogster was on his way! Fortunately had finished work on the Friday and packed bag the saturday...!

Well this is true, the bags are sitting in the bottom of my wardrobe taking up all the room.

How has everyone packed their bags?

I pack two, not one for me one for bubba, but one for labour and straight after and then one to put in the car with spare/going home outfits.

Our hospital dont like you to take too much in and have been knowm to ask you to leave some behind.

I do pack it all in order though, so makes it easier for Si. And put bubbas outfit in a carrier so it can all just be handed to mw.

I've just got a suitcase... worried it'll be too big now?

I have put a few little bits into my overnight bag so that I can grab it in the event of any early dash! But will pack it completely in a few more weeks!

Feeling VERY achey tonight! getting back pain, and tummy pain and just generally feel crap! I thought it might have been eccess gas earlier but I'm not sure now!
I dont think anything is wrong with bubs who is kicking and thrashing about as much as ever! I think maybe I just need some chocolate ice cream and a snuggle form hubby! lol

Not I. :blush:
Probably should start thinking about it but for me it seems to early. Think I may do it sometime around 34ish weeks...wow! :shock: idk why I never thought about packing for baby isaiah! :dohh: guess I better get on that lol

I am packing a small suitcase which would fit as a carry on for a flight, anything extra like a book to read or music to listen to during labour can go in a napsack that DH can take with him or leave in the car. I don't expect to be packing a lot just the clothes for me and baby and some pads etc and will rely on hospital for other stuff. I will wear the same pj's the whole time cause I am not running the risk of ruining more then one pair. Plus we'll only bring a going home outfit for baby and he can wear the hospital outfit till we leave. No biggie.

I'm going to wait until I'm on maternity leave which will be around 35 weeks...If I do go before then well I guess I'll just have to pack quickly haha but I think I'll make it at least 37 weeks...probably more like 41 haha

I already have my small suitcase and baby's weekend bag but I need to wash clothes first! I will start from this coming weekend. I still have to wash blanklets, etc from my DD. Hopefully, the weather will be lovely, so my laundry can be dried quicker! Can't wait to start packing properly!

Went on a tour to the labour and maternity wards this afternoon, even though I have been before. It still is exciting, lol! I was so glad we went because they have changed some rules since I gave birth to my DD.

I am packing a small suitcase which would fit as a carry on for a flight, anything extra like a book to read or music to listen to during labour can go in a napsack that DH can take with him or leave in the car. I don't expect to be packing a lot just the clothes for me and baby and some pads etc and will rely on hospital for other stuff. I will wear the same pj's the whole time cause I am not running the risk of ruining more then one pair. Plus we'll only bring a going home outfit for baby and he can wear the hospital outfit till we leave. No biggie.

I packed one pair of PJ's when in last time. I ended up sending hubby out to Tesco to buy me more while I was in labour! I soaked one pair with sweat, and after Riley arrived I had drenched one pair with all the mess of labour, and then another pair with bleeding after the birth! I think I might pack a few this time lol!
I might start buying things over the next week or two like pads and breast pads etc to put into my bag! the way time has flown thus far I will be in labour before I know it! lol

I will be wearing the hospital gown while in labour and immediately after, I am pretty sure you have to wear them during labour in case you need a c section, hospital rules. Might be different for you cause of having midwives maybe? I'm sticking to one pair.

haha i was in the buff for labour last time.. i was too hot haha!

Mrs P - I kinda organised lol... I have ordered most things and am just waiting for them to arrive... I am paying up my buggy weekly so it is ordered and i will be able to take it home in hopefully another couple of weeks as long as i dont overspend on other things!! I am getting a steriliser from a friend (purpledahlia) and so will get that when she comes up to visit in July along with a few other bits and bobs i sent her when she had LO in december that were Abbys. So everything is on its way one way or another just not quick enough for my liking...

with regards to hospital bags i have 'tadpoles' changing bag packed and the first sleepsuit etc is in a carrier on the top. I have a holdall type thing looked out but havent started packing yet...

I need to hurry up and decide who i want as a birthing partner now FOB is out of the picture... my sis has offered but i think she would get on my nerves and my 2 best friends: one is a single mummy of 2 so would have to find someone to take her 2 etc, the other lives miles away and prob wouldnt get here in time... dont know what to do...x

I packed one pair of PJ's when in last time. I ended up sending hubby out to Tesco to buy me more while I was in labour! I soaked one pair with sweat, and after Riley arrived I had drenched one pair with all the mess of labour, and then another pair with bleeding after the birth! I think I might pack a few this time lol!
I might start buying things over the next week or two like pads and breast pads etc to put into my bag! the way time has flown thus far I will be in labour before I know it! lol

We did the tescos cheapies jammies too :thumbup: Much less stress cos we knew we would be able to change whenever - FYI ladies worth putting in a clean shirt for OH as he may get mucky IYKWIM. With mogster in the end I gave birth in a long long vest top! Ironically it is white and astill have it now, hoping to use it again.....that goodness for milton to clean it up after!

I have two piles of stuff in the new baby's bedroom, not in bags yet - will wait til I have everything I need before I actually pack the bags!
I've got pads from boots last week and had a box of breast pads left over, arnica, lansinoh, two cheapie nighties. Need to put in some clothes for after for me... I'm going to pack the changing bag with baby's stuff (just rejoined boots parenting club so I'll get another one :)) nappies, outfits, blanket etc...
Not sure whether to pack a bag for Charlotte or not - probably don't need to as my parents are looking after her, and they only live next door!

My moses basket arrived! Ok now it's real :dohh: :happydance:

As for giving birth I have used the same nightie for 4 of my kids and it's still going strong.Also lots of disposable knicks or cheap primarni ones that can be binned after each use is a god send x

i love getting deliveries at the best of times! baby bits rock!
i had cheap sainsburys knicks last time... my friend has given me some disposables this time (unused!) they're size 16 - she said she couldnt' even get a leg in to them! I'll try a pair before shopping for any more!

ok just found this out, if on the main page you click on the number of total posts for our thread you can see who has posted most messages to this board!! MrsP you're bang on 500, this will be 497 for me - I'm hot on your heels!

Goodness your hospitals are good. We have to take everything. Apart from milk, they do provide that. As for nappies although there are some on hand you are expected to take your own. And if I remeber rightly there are blankets for the baby if you havent brought your own.

I already have my small suitcase and baby's weekend bag but I need to wash clothes first! I will start from this coming weekend. I still have to wash blanklets, etc from my DD. Hopefully, the weather will be lovely, so my laundry can be dried quicker! Can't wait to start packing properly!

Went on a tour to the labour and maternity wards this afternoon, even though I have been before. It still is exciting, lol! I was so glad we went because they have changed some rules since I gave birth to my DD.

I bet that seemed strange and bought it all back to you? I dont think our hospital lets you when its your second. But I think thats because its such a huge maternity ward they give the tour priority to new mums.

haha i was in the buff for labour last time.. i was too hot haha!

Mrs P - I kinda organised lol... I have ordered most things and am just waiting for them to arrive... I am paying up my buggy weekly so it is ordered and i will be able to take it home in hopefully another couple of weeks as long as i dont overspend on other things!! I am getting a steriliser from a friend (purpledahlia) and so will get that when she comes up to visit in July along with a few other bits and bobs i sent her when she had LO in december that were Abbys. So everything is on its way one way or another just not quick enough for my liking...

with regards to hospital bags i have 'tadpoles' changing bag packed and the first sleepsuit etc is in a carrier on the top. I have a holdall type thing looked out but havent started packing yet...

I need to hurry up and decide who i want as a birthing partner now FOB is out of the picture... my sis has offered but i think she would get on my nerves and my 2 best friends: one is a single mummy of 2 so would have to find someone to take her 2 etc, the other lives miles away and prob wouldnt get here in time... dont know what to do...x

haha me too!!! I was far too hot and they kept covering me over. In the end DH told em not to bother as I really probably dont give a sh!t!!

Oh so you're not that far behind chick, you wait before you know you'll have it.

Tricky one with regards to birthing partner. Who is going to have Abby?

I do that for Si too, have packed a clean t-shirt for him, tooth brush, face wipes deodrant. Just because I think we dont know how long we'll be there and at least he can freshen up.

AFM - My usual Monday date with the housework and washing today so nothing too exciting. Weather is a bit unpredictable at the minute but I have some on the line anyway.

E is being a little toad this morning and whining away, god love her!

Hope you're all ok? xxx

Goodness your hospitals are good. We have to take everything. Apart from milk, they do provide that. As for nappies although there are some on hand you are expected to take your own. And if I remeber rightly there are blankets for the baby if you havent brought your own.

Double check on the milk Mrs P if you're planning to use it, there was a thread on here recently about how NHS trusts are now no longer supplying infant milk as a cut back - as people were taking loads home with them in their bags or something! Not sure if it's every trust or not....

Morning off housework for me, moglet sending strong ripples across belly, BH's Im sure but seeing MW later to have a check etc, Moglet is kicking away and heartrate fab on doppler so more a check cos OH goes away tomorrow til thurs....

Potty training a success - still only number twos overnight but we are dry in the day :yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->