****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Ooops didn't read the other threads, keep those legs crossed MrsP! Not ready for bubs to come just yet! xxx

can tell me about boredom...... i so bored lately ive been cleaning !! and that VERY unlike me lol xx

cabaretmum2b - its never too late xx

Morning all!!!
Well another lovely day in NI today! not as hot tho which I say is a blessing lol!
I am still having achey feelings that I was getting last night and i swear everythign feels so low that baby might fall out!!!!! I have a consultant appointment this evening to follow up from my bleed the other week so I am going to speak to them and see if all is ok! Hopefully I am just being paranoid, but I was in quite a lot of pain last night by bedtime so I think I need some advice!

Still waitin on my pram being delivered, according to the courier its en route tho so either today or tomorrow hopefully! it always takes forever to get parcels for us with extra security thru the barracks! Rileys easter eggs from relatives came about 2 weeks after easter haha!

Mrs P, I hope all is ok today! Take it easy missy! and hopefully baby will stay exactly where it is for a bit yet! Make sure you get checked out tho hun! BIG hugs x

I think I will have to get a waterproof matress protector as My hubby would go mental if I popped on our matress! haha It cost a fortune! Its a memory foam one too so It would be a nightmare even thinking about getting it clean lol!

Lucy,. how are you feeling today?? Better I hope! Riley and I seem to be back to normal in the toilet department today so fingers crossed yours is a short lived thing too!

Hope everyone has a great day x
Nikki x x

Nik, glad you and Riley have dried up a bit! Not much improvement here - but I've made a docs appt for tomorrow (none available today) so if nothing else, sods law should sort it out for me!

i got a waterproof mattress protector from sainsburies for 79p.......... for my son, potty trainging.... they did all sizes tho and same price. x

Bloody hell thats good.

Thanks again Lliena for the heads up. Just sending Si off to H&B as has one on the high street at work. Good find chick xx

No worries, James is getting me some today while he is at work too hehe! You take it easy and keep those legs crossed :hug:

mumma i'm right ther ewith you i'm soooooooooooooooo bored right now only i've loads to do i just haven't got the get up and go it's gone my back is killing me so i can't walk far :cry:

i'm a crazy lady took tiles off kitchen stripped walls well hubby has now i'm rewiring the bloody place i'm in the mist of paint my whole house i feel maybe a bite more than i can chew but i'lll let you all no how i get on my hubby has 1 week to break the back of it my bro is finishing up and lil bro doing my garden a overall i'm one high mantainance momma lol but it's ok cause i never have my nail done lol:winkwink:

Thanks girlies. Have had it from 20 weeks or so anyways so not too worried. Will keep an eye on it though. Nothing too much more since this morning. I just have dodgey cells thats all.

Philly in my bag I have packed 4 sleep suits, 4 vests, 1 hat, 4 bibs, 2 muslin, 2 pairs mittens, 1 pair socks and a blanket for LO. Oh and a going home outfit. Eleanor was quite sicky at first so I have packed one more of each this time.

For me I packed 1 labour nightie, 2 for after, 4 huge pairs of knickers, slippers, light dressing gown, 1 pair of socks and going home out fit, well leggins and a top.

Oh will look into that HWM, thanks.

Moggy hope everything goes ok with mw. What a good little mogster you have, that didnt take long did it.

Thanks Lliena, will get on and order those.

Well I have had some more blood this morning, fresh and it pretty much came with my wee then had a little leak, so have stuck a pad on and will see how I go, although feeling rather achey. Will see what happens. Have mum on standby to come look after E as we have to go into triage and didnt think it was fair on her or the ladies that are in labour.

on my ive just read back over posts that i missed are you ok legs crossed and get si to push bubba back in a corck should do the trick :hugs:hope your feeling ok rest hun legs in the air oh and a day chilling on bandb:flower:

Oh flutter your post did make me laugh!!! Thanks chick. :kiss:

I am just going to hang the washing out and mop the floor and then I shall be right back here, with a :coffee: and a cheeky biscuit I think.

E is having a nap and I cant keep my eyes open so going to make the most of the quite.

Oh and I only have a bottle stopper, think that will do :rofl:

oooo I gone up a box, I didnt realise!!! Woop Woop!!! 1 more box to go!!!

:yipee: :dance: :happydance:

I gave into the bordem and me and Brian joined Mart in bed for a snooze. Feel abit crappy now though. I've tried to cheer myself by covering biscuits with Nutella but it hasn't worked yet.

Thanks for the heads up MrsP, can start putting things together the weekend as Mart is away on a stag do so will give me something to pass the time.

Just watching a bit of QVC, they have bags on at the mo and i'm so tempted to buy! lol xxx

Hope everything is ok MrsP! :hugs:

Welcome cabaretmum :flower:

I have my diaper bag packed for bubs, it's been in the car with the car seat since 26 weeks. :blush: When DH and I went to register at the hospital (at 26 weeks, instead of the normal 20...oops) they gave us a list of the things to bring with us for bubs and for ourselves. Though there is a diaper and milk supply, plus they do have blankets, we are expected to bring all of that stuff. My little brothers were in hospital for over a month and all they were ever put in was a diaper, so I don't know if I would count on the hospital to provide anything....

Our baby bag has: 3 outfits, 2 hats, 2 pairs mittens, 2 pairs socks, 2 receiving blankets, 1 heavier blanket, ~10 diapers (some NB, some size1). Like I said the bag is in the car so we aren't going to bring it into the hospital until we need it.

My bag isn't completely packed but so far it has breast pads; 2 sm bags maxi pads; toiletries for me and DH; shirt, socks and undies for DH; 2 nighties, socks and 5 pair cotton undies for me. Still have to pack a going home outfit for me (prolly a maxi dress), snacks & water, entertainment and the camera. Though it sounds like a lot it isn't, it's all in a tote bag. Socks, undies and t-shirt are all rolled so they don't take up room and the toiletries are all the travel size stuff.

As for other baby stuff we have been told we aren't allowed to buy anything else until after the baby shower (June 26th). :blush: We haven't bought any clothes for bubs yet but seem to have so much already. DH's sister gave us a bunch, DH's mum got a tip about a store closing and giving all their unsold baby clothes a thrift store - so she picked up a bunch more AND we have a few friends that are already spoiling our child by giving us something every time we see them! :dohh:

MrsP dare Isay it if its a boy you may want a few more vests and sleepsuits....Mogster went through a fair few as he would pee when we changed his nappy and little boys do like to pee in the air and what goes up....will spray in your face :rofl:

Saw MW and all ok, Moglet is measuring at 36 weeks though :wacko:

i got a waterproof mattress protector from sainsburies for 79p.......... for my son, potty trainging.... they did all sizes tho and same price. x

79p?! Wow, must pop into Sainsbury's soon! :thumbup:

MrsP dare Isay it if its a boy you may want a few more vests and sleepsuits....Mogster went through a fair few as he would pee when we changed his nappy and little boys do like to pee in the air and what goes up....will spray in your face :rofl:

Is that with your fundal height and everything included? If so I wouldnt worry hun I was loads above the top line of my chart at 28 weks and they said they arent concerned and its prob jsut cos Im a little bigger myself (read fat :haha:). I have a growth scan booked for next tue alongside my last consultant appointment untill birth so should know more then but Im sure everyhting is fine.

My ladies have you all been chatty!

Welcome new August Momma's and congratulations to all the mummies that have delivered already. EEK so very happy for you!

MrsP hope the flow has stopped! Man are you prepared early! I haven't even thought about a hospital bag. I do have a mattress protector on my bed that we purchased when we bought the mattress so that it gaurantees that it wont stain it.

Congratulations to all the ladies with milestones of weeks!!!!:happydance::happydance:

afm I thought I had posted last week, but obviously just did the read and run :dohh::blush: sorry. I found out last week that I too have GD as Kelly does. I go today and meet with the dietition and the lady who will show me how to use my glucose meter. :growlmad: not happy that I have to now stick my finger 4x's a day but hey anything to get this baby here, healthy! I will be asking about all the information and levels that I should be!
I have been pretty much bitchy the last couple of days. Hope it passes soon!

I almost forgot to mention all the great stuff my brother and his wife gave me whilst on my trip. I got a breast pump and all the stuff to go with it! They also gave me the carry all baby seat and two other car seats, which is really a great, so I don't have to be trading out car seats between DH's vehicle and mine!:thumbup: They also gave me a way cute baby swing! I'm pretty much set except I need to paint the babies room and the living room, but have been waiting for DH to finishe the kitchen before I start something else :dohh: and he's been waiting to get the dishwasher and sink and facet so a little at a time and we shall get there but I found this really cool website that is all about wall stickers. I want a frog theme but don't think that's going to happen unless I free form them. the site is wallstickeroutlet.com.

Ok so that was a long post but it's been a while since I posted. Hope your all doing well!

Philly so glad everything turned out well for you! They scare us from the time of conception up until we can no longer think for ourselves.

:hugs:

Oh forgot to say 30 WEEKS today!:happydance::happydance:

Gee...some of you have your bags packed...I guess I should get on with it too then. lol

Ah thanks hon for the heads up. I shall let Si know he maybe on a grab and run then to bring more stuff up. Hopefully if thats the case its should be enough for a few hours though?

Was mw concerned about measurements?

My ladies have you all been chatty!

Welcome new August Momma's and congratulations to all the mummies that have delivered already. EEK so very happy for you!

MrsP hope the flow has stopped! Man are you prepared early! I haven't even thought about a hospital bag. I do have a mattress protector on my bed that we purchased when we bought the mattress so that it gaurantees that it wont stain it.

Congratulations to all the ladies with milestones of weeks!!!!:happydance::happydance:

afm I thought I had posted last week, but obviously just did the read and run :dohh::blush: sorry. I found out last week that I too have GD as Kelly does. I go today and meet with the dietition and the lady who will show me how to use my glucose meter. :growlmad: not happy that I have to now stick my finger 4x's a day but hey anything to get this baby here, healthy! I will be asking about all the information and levels that I should be!
I have been pretty much bitchy the last couple of days. Hope it passes soon!

I almost forgot to mention all the great stuff my brother and his wife gave me whilst on my trip. I got a breast pump and all the stuff to go with it! They also gave me the carry all baby seat and two other car seats, which is really a great, so I don't have to be trading out car seats between DH's vehicle and mine!:thumbup: They also gave me a way cute baby swing! I'm pretty much set except I need to paint the babies room and the living room, but have been waiting for DH to finishe the kitchen before I start something else :dohh: and he's been waiting to get the dishwasher and sink and facet so a little at a time and we shall get there but I found this really cool website that is all about wall stickers. I want a frog theme but don't think that's going to happen unless I free form them. the site is wallstickeroutlet.com.

Ok so that was a long post but it's been a while since I posted. Hope your all doing well!

Philly so glad everything turned out well for you! They scare us from the time of conception up until we can no longer think for ourselves.

:hugs:

Oh forgot to say 30 WEEKS today!:happydance::happydance:

Ooo I dont feel prepared, just done it bits at a time so its done and out of the way.

Wow sounds like you were given loads of great things. Will definately save a $ or 10 wont it.

Congrats to all the milestoners for the week :happydance: :yipee: :dance:

As for me, tomorrow i go to our Great Beginings Class at the hospital. Im super excited about that!

Then on Wednesday we get to meet one of our MWs (since the move and all, this will be the first time meeting her, though we did do a "meet and greet" with another lovely MW. Sucks we have to do the entire history intake over again with an OB nurse...wish they could just look at my transfer file from where we lived before :wacko: Oh well. Im really hoping since im a new patient i'll get to see bubs one last time! :cloud9:

Pretty sure they'll make me do the GD test since im 29 weeks. Passed it at 16 weeks, so im hopeful. (its mandatory here to do GD testing at 28 weeks). Anyways, hoping that having hypoglycemia doesn't make me high risk! Anyone know about this? :shrug: I really want a water birth (so you can't be hooked up to IVs or drugs or any of that sort). I read that hypoglycemia isn't a risk factor for baby, as long as its controlled by diet (which mine def is)...but here they dont allow you anything to eat/drink besides water so im not sure what im gonna do...hopefully they dont give me a glucose drip. I will be devastated if i can't have that water birth :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->