****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

haha have u read that book... confessions of a bad mum (mother)... its quite good.....

was years ago i read it... funny tho

x

haha have u read that book... confessions of a bad mum (mother)... its quite good.....

was years ago i read it... funny tho

x

haha no sounds good tho! although I think I could write my own book these days LMAO!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Confessions-Bad-Mother-cabinet-no-one/dp/0330438751

if its foam and discoloured you get rid, tbh how would anyone know if a mattress was used but with the cover on and then returned to the shop and resold?

As for Johnsons stuff - we dont use BUT only because we use the Asda little angels range :shrug: Johnsons smells lovely but disagrees with my skin so likely would do with bubs too

To start a new debate - how long do folks plan to use cotton wool and water for nappy changing at home....

cotton wool n water if it convenient first couple of weeks, but its not convenient if im out of the house...... so have some of the huggies pure wipes for wen im out.... although i actually hate the texture of them lol x

if its foam and discoloured you get rid, tbh how would anyone know if a mattress was used but with the cover on and then returned to the shop and resold?

As for Johnsons stuff - we dont use BUT only because we use the Asda little angels range :shrug: Johnsons smells lovely but disagrees with my skin so likely would do with bubs too

To start a new debate - how long do folks plan to use cotton wool and water for nappy changing at home....

well... while we're in the bad mummy confessions mode! ...... With riley i used wipes from as soon as I got out the hospital lol!
I had the best intentions to use cotton wool, but then hubby bought me some sensitive wipes and away I went mopping up meconium with them like there was no tomorrow! lol!

I have got a bowl and some cotton wool in ready! but I am not convinced I will be using it long! just see how little ones skin gets on!

I love the Asda baby range! the sensitove bubble bath has been my pregnancy godsend! i love how bubbly it gets!

Riley was a bit sensitive to johnsons at first, but he has something called Dermotographic skin, which means that odd things mark his skin, and you can wrote on him with your finger and it leaves a mark for a few mins lol! (ONLY my child coud hav it haha) he is toughening up as he gets older tho, and I can use most things on his skin now without him going red!

It is foam, but not in any way discoloured! and its cleaned up a treat! x x

well... while we're in the bad mummy confessions mode! ...... With riley i used wipes from as soon as I got out the hospital lol!
I had the best intentions to use cotton wool, but then hubby bought me some sensitive wipes and away I went mopping up meconium with them like there was no tomorrow! lol!

I have got a bowl and some cotton wool in ready! but I am not convinced I will be using it long! just see how little ones skin gets on!

I love the Asda baby range! the sensitove bubble bath has been my pregnancy godsend! i love how bubbly it gets!

Riley was a bit sensitive to johnsons at first, but he has something called Dermotographic skin, which means that odd things mark his skin, and you can wrote on him with your finger and it leaves a mark for a few mins lol! (ONLY my child coud hav it haha) he is toughening up as he gets older tho, and I can use most things on his skin now without him going red!

i get that too n so does my dad x

i get that too n so does my dad x

The first time it happened I freaked! I had him in a warm, (ok by bath thermometer) bath, and where his skin had been under water from his waist down, was all bright red in a distinct line! it loooked like I had scalded him! then i started to notice when i held his little hand I was leaving finger imprints on him!
Hubby has it too, but his raises up i often write on his arm when we're watchin tv! Usually stuff like "you stink of poop" haha! when his raises off the skin tho it looks like that film Gothika! lol. freaks me out a bit

think i have that book i'll have a look and loan it out to you !

I use cotton wool n water for a month and top n tail day n night.I still top n tail my 20 mth old x

ive got that book in the loft and its fab!!! anyone wants it ill look it out if ya want!!

hoi billy - share the wealth!! dig it out when your next in the loft hehe!!

johnsons products - already starting stocking up....

cotton wool and water.... i will do it in the hospital to save the ear bashing then start with wipes when i get home lol...

aaaaah mother living dangerously!!! xx

cotton wool and water.... i will do it in the hospital to save the ear bashing then start with wipes when i get home lol...

im up there tomorrow morning after kalebs speech therapy so ill haul all me books down. there are some really good ones.....

if you can stay awake past the 1st page!!!!

haha LOVE IT!!!!

Hubbys attempt at taking my bump pics! what ya think haha!

https://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/Mercy2_photo/007.jpg

https://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af96/Mercy2_photo/008-3.jpg

oh my goodness how cool are your dungarees!!!! oh jealous!! i wish i had thought of that....you look fab!!! xx

I love the dungarees and hunny you look bloody awesome.again all i see is boobies!!!!!!!!

Looking good Mercy :D

Girls I have a question if baby isnt engaged can you still lose your plug and your cervix get ready to get baby out near the end or is it the pressure from babies head that makes your cervix open up etc? Asking because I was induced with my last pregnancy at 40+10 after 2 failed sweeps so have never gone into labour naturally and was thinking this time around if baby doesnt engage till labour starts as can happen with second pegnancys does that mean nothing will happen till then to my cervix and plug etc?? :shrug:

Mercy again you look fab!!!

As for the women who put that about the tenner. Ignore them, some women on here are so anal i swear they shit diamonds!!!! lol

Gona put a few things on my birth plan. It's important that Mart is involved as much as poss and that i'm not stuck with a moody ass mw. They can just jog on!!!

As for the cotton wool thing, i didn't even know you did that so i'm on negative points straight away as a mum. We have just brought a massive box of wipes and was gona use them????

So just woke up from a little 2 hour snooze..... Brian is still passed out so i've left him to it, lazy sod! Mart is a work till 10pm so just gona chill out, if only i could be arsed to walk to the shop and get a cheeky bar of chocolate alas it's just not gona happen!!!

xxx

Looking good Mercy :D

Girls I have a question if baby isnt engaged can you still lose your plug and your cervix get ready to get baby out near the end or is it the pressure from babies head that makes your cervix open up etc? Asking because I was induced with my last pregnancy at 40+10 after 2 failed sweeps so have never gone into labour naturally and was thinking this time around if baby doesnt engage till labour starts as can happen with second pegnancys does that mean nothing will happen till then to my cervix and plug etc?? :shrug:

Yup your cervix can still break down.I never lost my plug with 2 of mine but with my son I lost it @11 am and went into labour at 2pm and he never engaged till the very last minute x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->