****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

ooo how exciting!! So i guess we know what you will be doing from now till the weekend?!! Babys room by any chance!!

YUP :D well I wont be able to start painting until tomorrow or day after, with abit of look my mum and her friend will volunteer to help tho...they helped my mum's friend's daughter, after she as given them load's of crap and took wallpaper down after they spent hour's putting it up, because it was wrong colour (tho she choose it)
So I think they will prob's help me with the main colour at least :D Then it will just be the Alphabet and number's I want painting on that I'll have to do my self, which I don't mind...I can reach where I want them with out the aid of step's :D
Think I might take picture's of before - during - after.

Wow, i don't come on for one day and look at the action i miss out on!?!?

Jetters so pleased for you hun. Big congratulations! And there was you thinking you would be one of the last to give birth.... Wonderful news xxx

So yesterday me and Mart cleaned like a biatch! Mostly Mart but giving orders was hard work too. Everything is so clean and tidy now. It's wonderful. I feel at ease now.

Can't get rid of these horrid pains though. They are really starting to hurt, back has given out so don't know what's up with that. Am seeing mw this afternoon so i'm hoping he can shed a little light on the subject.

As for me i'm treating myself to getting my hair washed at the salon this morning then in for a leg wax before mw. Trying to get myself looking abit decent just incase they tell me i'm in this week. I really hope they do!

Love to everyone

xxx

I'm not always up for it either but orgasm helps too! Cause it releases oxytocin which makes your uterus contract so you can always have some solo fun? :rofl:

:blush: yeah I can see that being a little more likely :) oxytocin you say!?

hey ladies. just wanted to say thanks for the replies. i read up on the 4/5 pp to brim and it says that basically thats the head just getting into the pelvic area. so i guess that when im 1/5-0/5 then the baby is engaged.
erm not sure about the womb thing though, it does feel like its got no more to grow, theres no more room to grow, other than coming into my chest/throat lol. my fundal height was 38cm when i was 32weeks and it was 43cm when i was 34weeks 3days. i read up on it and it says that you take a few cm off because the midwife can not get it accurate, and that its normally the same number as how far gone you are (e.g. 32weeks = 32cm), but they do say you can get a accurate reading for the height when you have a scan, so when the sonographer told me at 32weeks that my womb was at full height then i believe it must be there. she showed me and my OH where the top was and it shocked me that it was up there so soon, but nevermind. baby is well so thats all that matters.
now im 35weeks today and i feel heeeavy :( baby keeps pushing out and pushing down. i feel weird when sitting because it feels like im sitting on something. strange.
anyway just thought i'd post this pic of my bump at 34weeks 4days, was taken by my fiance on my birthday. (16th) i love this pic. :D
https://i.imagehost.org/t/0506/34weeks4days.jpg

Love the pic!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Have swelled up like a puffa fish! Boo to water retention!

After saying to hubby yesterday that I was SO lucky not to have had hardly any swelling, WELL Fate has bitten me on the butt for tempting it!

Just had to fight with my wedding and engagement rings to get them off, and that made my finger purple!
I was sat leaning on my lower leg just now and have left a bit puffy dent in my shin area! arrgh!
My feet look like sausages and Its made me MEGA grumpy!

Hubbs has just popped in a few little party sized sausage rolls to cheer me up tho haha! at THIS time of night too! lol. Bless him!

heard from a friend earlier that "apparently" a few of my friends were talking about me and slaggin me off for not knowing that all the pains I have been getting were just Braxton Hicks! I wouldnt mind but I have never moaned about them!
I feel like punching them all in the face! I dont moan, and I have got on with things for weeks making sure I kept running their bloomin mums and tots group and thats the thanks I get!

I am so cross, but dont wanna say anything cos the mood i am in i bet I would just rant like a banshee! grrrrr sorry for offloading! just upset me a lot tonight!

Nik, boo to backstabbing friends... and boo to swelling too... hopefully this cooler weather means it's not as bad as it might be!

Just a quickie as off to snooze :sleep:

Just had update from Yas (Jetters) - beautiful baby K born 6.52pm weighing 6lb 5oz she has sent a beautiful pic and says he is perfect :cloud9:

Well done Yas so pleased for you! :hugs:

Congratulations Yas! How exciting :)

Zoe y
oure worrying me now, my growth scan had bubs big! Another one week on Friday though if we get that far, hoping they overestimated like they did with Mogster!

Morning Yas - your first morning waking up as a Mummy!

Moggy, I have a scan on 30th too - do you think either of us will make it!? i'm fairly certain I will...

morning ladies !!!!!!! congrats yas !!!! everyones having bubbas early !! must be my turn soon eh !! x

ok... quick update while my bath is running....

olly arrived ! saturday bout 3 he got here... i wasnt ready, had jst stepped out the bath and answered the door looking a wreck i felt so uncomfortable.... all fat n preggers i wanted to look my 'best' but it just didnt happen..... :(

he didnt really acknowledge that i was pregnant just sort of wandered round the house mumbling bout work n his mum n dad n whatever he was doing on the plane n stuff.... i felt so awkward, like he didnt wanna look at me :(

that was saturday, he didnt kiss me or anything... didnt hug me or touch me or try to ! it was really getting me down tbh.... made me feel horrible. like it must be coz of the girls he sees all the time over there, that he came back to this big fat preggers girl with no make up on lol in sum ratty old dressing gown n he just thought 'nah'........... x

well last night he said he felt really uncomfortable round me.. and i felt horrible !! i didnt know what to say i was like, what dya mean, what did i do.......

he said nothing... he said he thought id gone off him... because i didnt look happy to see him saturday ! but course i felt uncomfortable myself, he said we'd been apart for so long he felt like we needed to be friends again n i cried.... said id been his friend all year didnt wanna be his friend anymore :(

n he said why dont u ever kiss me then u idiot....... were both as shy n stubborn as each other... waiting for each other to make the first move....... was so nice when he put his arms round me finally !!!!!!!!! even got to have an early night **wink wink** babys still where he left her tho lol didnt kick start anything......

but god do i feel so much better !! so hopefully things will be better now !! we can both relax more..... and try abit harder to no be shy........ its silly isnt it eh x

were meeting his mum n dad for lunch today :) while harrys at nursery then i have midwife at 4.20 to sort out this induction...... x

ill update you all later.... sorry i havnt read the million pages that have appeared since yesterday morning lol... hope your all well...

love to mum babies and bumps... <3

me + three

x x x x

Mumma, glad you finally both mamnaged to talk to each other - tis not good when you're both hoping the other will make the first move!

Jetters so pleased for you hun. Big congratulations! And there was you thinking you would be one of the last to give birth.... Wonderful news xxx

So yesterday me and Mart cleaned like a biatch! Mostly Mart but giving orders was hard work too. Everything is so clean and tidy now. It's wonderful. I feel at ease now.

Can't get rid of these horrid pains though. They are really starting to hurt, back has given out so don't know what's up with that. Am seeing mw this afternoon so i'm hoping he can shed a little light on the subject.

As for me i'm treating myself to getting my hair washed at the salon this morning then in for a leg wax before mw. Trying to get myself looking abit decent just incase they tell me i'm in this week. I really hope they do!

Love to everyone

xxx

Leg wax - ouchie!! Hope you get some good news on induction :)

As for us, C still not great, happy enough but so hot, temp not coming down so we're off to docs in half an hour - she's been on the calpol/nurofen for 3 days now...

HWM I am now thinking I will go over and will have to be induced but as had long conversation about induction etc yesterday am kind of relaxed about it....ISH!!!! :rofl: Basically she went through what happens if they try induction early and it doesnt work...

She said they first try the gel, if no effects they send you home and call you back 24 hours later, they then try the gel again, if no joy you are called in 24 hours later for them to break your waters and put you on the drip, if no movement after 12 hours they will then look towards a section at the 24 hour point, this is then followed by a 5 day stay in hospital.

In my eyes it is worth waiting for it to kick off on its own if I can get my Mum to stay as much as possible to help with Mogster as in the end the aim is to stay with him as much as I can and a failed induction would cause so much disruption to him it seems worth avoiding.

She advised to take the max does of paracetomol for the pain from carpal tunnel and back/hips and to rest feet as much as possible and stick to drinking only clear liquid to reduce swelling in knankles. Shes doing home visit on Thursday and then see her again on monday at clinic, after that its scan on Friday lunchtime next week and see what consultant thinks best to do next....

If I think of it like an advent calendar it starts on thursday and Christmas is 26 days away :happydance: Not that long in the big scheme of things and my main desire is to have a happy healthy little boy at the end of it and also to disrupt Mogster as little as possible.

Has anyone been induced? Can you tell me your experience good and bad - no holds barred please?

Cant wait for next text from Yas, keep looking at bubbas pic, he is gorgeous and I want that hat!

Nik (Mercy) I too am swollen but do you know what F**k EM! You will have a lovely bubba in your arms in a couple weeks and they will still be stuck with smarmy comments in their throats - may a big berry eating birdie poop on them from height on your behalf and may they be wearing a pale colour thats difficult to clean the stain off or even worse if theyre very vain may it poop in their hair!

Keep the rings off and for the feet cold water does help a bit as does putting them up but TBH nothing makes it go away it just moves :dohh: for the hands please keep your rings off, I tried putting one back on and it got stuck, felt wrong with no wedding ring but ended up at local jewellers with hands in iced water whilst they removed it :oops: Fortunately they are lovely in there as theyre the only place in town you can get batteries to fit Mogsters favourite plane! Try runining hands in warm water in the morning if theyre stiff - discovered it yesterday after weeks of agony and it gets them moving but they will still fel like you have ski gloves a size to small on or those funny chem suit gloves on - bet MrB has a pair...? OH put his on to eat dinner one night to make me laugh, wish Id known he was gonna do it as would have made spaghetti or something harder to eat!

Big :hugs: to all it cant be too much longer now especially if the October babies are starting to come!

You a fantastic way with words hun lol! I hope those birds are pooping as we speak! heehee! My swelling has subsided slightly this morning, but is still there! I had a heck of a night but will fill in on that at the bottom. Thankyou hun, x u always make me smilie x

morning ladies !!!!!!! congrats yas !!!! everyones having bubbas early !! must be my turn soon eh !! x

ok... quick update while my bath is running....

olly arrived ! saturday bout 3 he got here... i wasnt ready, had jst stepped out the bath and answered the door looking a wreck i felt so uncomfortable.... all fat n preggers i wanted to look my 'best' but it just didnt happen..... :(

he didnt really acknowledge that i was pregnant just sort of wandered round the house mumbling bout work n his mum n dad n whatever he was doing on the plane n stuff.... i felt so awkward, like he didnt wanna look at me :(

that was saturday, he didnt kiss me or anything... didnt hug me or touch me or try to ! it was really getting me down tbh.... made me feel horrible. like it must be coz of the girls he sees all the time over there, that he came back to this big fat preggers girl with no make up on lol in sum ratty old dressing gown n he just thought 'nah'........... x

well last night he said he felt really uncomfortable round me.. and i felt horrible !! i didnt know what to say i was like, what dya mean, what did i do.......

he said nothing... he said he thought id gone off him... because i didnt look happy to see him saturday ! but course i felt uncomfortable myself, he said we'd been apart for so long he felt like we needed to be friends again n i cried.... said id been his friend all year didnt wanna be his friend anymore :(

n he said why dont u ever kiss me then u idiot....... were both as shy n stubborn as each other... waiting for each other to make the first move....... was so nice when he put his arms round me finally !!!!!!!!! even got to have an early night **wink wink** babys still where he left her tho lol didnt kick start anything......

but god do i feel so much better !! so hopefully things will be better now !! we can both relax more..... and try abit harder to no be shy........ its silly isnt it eh x

were meeting his mum n dad for lunch today :) while harrys at nursery then i have midwife at 4.20 to sort out this induction...... x

ill update you all later.... sorry i havnt read the million pages that have appeared since yesterday morning lol... hope your all well...

love to mum babies and bumps... <3

me + three

x x x x

MASSIVE hugs for you hun, hope things turn out better now x x bless you eh? x x

Love to everyone

xxx

YEY for treats and for feeling all clean and tidy! and BOOO to pain! hope you're feeling better soon!

Congrats again to yas, its so exciting now that our little ones are arriving x x

WELL.... AFM. Last nigth I was sat with my usual aches and niggles and just as Mat was cooking the little sausage rolls to cheer me up lol, I was struck with the MOST HORRENDOUS pains in my upper chest and accross my back! I didnt think it was anything to do with bump, but it was so bad that it made me collapse on the bathroom floor! then i started vomitting like crazy! Mat tried to run me a bath and I just couldnt find a comfy position, I tried for a hour or two, then I had tightenings (which I think were more related to the stress than "proper£ contractions), So mat rang the labour ward and they told me i had to go straight in!
SO... Poor Riley gets dragged out of bed at 2am and (still in his little duvet) put in the car and we went off! I told Mat to leave me there so Riley could get back home to bed but I was sobbing when i was left on my own!

They seemed quite worried about me at first, found all sorts of protein, keytones,leucosites and nitrates in my urin, so there is rob an infection "somewhere".
The pain started to ease after I had been sick maybe 8-10 more times! and they put me on the monitor.

I had an internal and I am starting to dialate but she didnt record exactly "how" much! So I am guessing its was only VERY slightly! Baby's head was 3/5's palpable so not fully there yet!
I had tonnes of discharge so she took a swab, and there was bleeding around my cervix!

Baby seemd happy on the monitor, but the doctor was also concerned by the level of fluid in the iterus, she kept asking was i "sure" I hadnt had my water break or leak? I dont think I have!

Eventually after a few hours of being kept an eye on they let me come home! and I was so relieved to get back into bed and finally sleep! The pain has almost gone now which is crazy! She said she thinks it must have been some sort of tummy or gastro intestinal bug that started things in the first place (hence all the vomitting), but just to take it easy and that she thinks bubs is heading for freedom in the near future lol!

I feel like a Zombie today from lack of sleep. But Riley slept in until 10am, and he has nursery for 3 hours this afternoon so I am heading back to bed then!

Sorry for waffling on, I just had so much to fill u in on x x
Hugs
Nikki,

On the plus side, just read that Baby is Long lie Ceph! so not back to back like Riley was! hopefully it shall stay that way lol! mummy needs some good news to stick around lol. x

mercy! What are we going to do with you????

Sounds like you were in the wars last night. How scary that must of been, especially all on your own! Grrr to the mw not writing all the info down though, looks like you won't be pg for much longer then!

Rest day for you me thinks, followed by something yummy like a big cream cake or kingsize choco bar!

Hope you're feeling better soon though....

P.s, was the sausage rolls ok in the end? When i read that Mat was doing you some last night, i asked Mart if he would go and fetch me some as i wanted them bad! He never... *******!!!! lol

xxx

I didnt end up eating any of them lol! He says they were nice tho! and promises to make the rest of the bag tonight for me haha!

Wow so much going on! Congrats to Yas cant wait to see some pics, Mumma glad you sorted stuff with Olly out, Mercy look after yourself hun! Anyone else that I missed sorry but my brain cant take in all the info in one go!

Afm braxton hicks continued for most of night and this morning when I went to loo I had big blobs of mucus tinged with streaks of blood, so fingers crossed my plugs coming away and its the start of something soon :happydance:

Argh I wasn't impatient til you lot started popping :haha: where is my baby lol..........come out little one don't be shy :dohh:

CONGRATS YAS!!! This is so exciting! Can't wait to 'ooh' and 'aah' over the pic.

Mercy take care of yourself! Swollen and pukey is no fun. :hugs:

Mumma good news on the Olly front.

So, who's next then? :haha:

Congrats Yas!

I would love to be next............ gotta pack my hospital bag first though, lol

Quick question are any of you ladies suffering from itching at the mo? I feel like I have lots of little insects biting me and making me want to itch or flick them off. It's not very nice!

I get itchy legs at bed time, but my skin feels pretty dry, so I am not sure if its just because of that or not............

Yeah I am itching a lot. As well as my bump itching more, my arms and legs are itchy they look dry and probably need moisturising.........:dohh:

Yeah I am itching a lot. As well as my bump itching more, my arms and legs are itchy they look dry and probably need moisturising.........:dohh:

its hard to get down to the bottom of our legs though :wacko:

Too true - my friend kindly painted my toe nails for me yesterday but my feet are pretty grim and need attacking with a ped egg :dohh:

Glad its not just me, Im moisturising loads atm but doesnt seem to be helping. Just feels worse today than it has done!

moggy, I was induced last time, as i was overdue... I had 3 gels, 6 hours apart, all on one day, and labour started after 3rd. Was on my own overnight when things started going and felt a bit abandoned as couldn't find a MW... about 5am they checked me, and decided could break my waters (3-4cm) so DH came back. About 8 am had an epidural as g&a made me nauseous. Dozed then after being awake all night. Epi wore off in time for me to push, was fully dilated 12.35pm, Charlotte born 1pm!! So all in all not too bad... I think it's far more likely to work if you're being induced overdue rather than early if that makes sense!?

Nik, my god, it never rains but it pours! Rest up little lady :)

Lliena plug coming away sounds good :) Also itching can be quite serious (not saying it is for you...) this artile explains when it might be somethiing to be worried about https://www.askbaby.com/pregnancy-cholestasis.htm and I think there's a sticky at the top of 3rd tri about obstetric coleostasis...

Well, Charlotte has been to doc (very disappointed he didn't check her arm :wacko: that's what she says when nurse does my BP!!) slightly red in ear, but OK, and roof of mouth red, but baiscally nothing to be too concerned about...

We looked at another car, then grabbed a takeaway subway and went to the Loughshore park to eat it as it has turned sunny here!

Ta hun just gonna keep an eye on it for now if it gets worse I'll give my MW or hospital a shout. Glad Charlotte is ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->