****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Nik love the bump pic, remins me of our house when we tidy there is ALWAYS a stray car left by mogster!

Mercy you look great! I don't think I'm that big this time - last time I was huge and my waters weighed more than a stone!!! They gushed everywhere and the midwife asked me to get on the bed...I was like how?!?! :shrug:

Has anyone heard anything off Philly and how she's getting on?

Danielle, your OH prob feels guilty!

Lollip0p my health visitor didn't come until after my LO was born. Maybe she/he is just coming to see how you're getting on!

Lliena really glad you finally got to see someone who understands!!

AFM Jacob is out with his nan and I've just done ALL of my ironing :happydance:! I've had sooo much of it from being away last week and that! I'm now just sitting down before I start on the kitchen!

Hope everyone is ok x :hugs:

He doesn't do guilt.

That's it now my bum is deffinatly not leaving this sofa (except for the toilet) untill 4.15 ish! Then I need to get dinner on!
Mike's going to think he's come to the wrong house with all the cleaning i'v done today....then again he'll prob's not even notice :dohh:

Mercy you look great! I don't think I'm that big this time - last time I was huge and my waters weighed more than a stone!!! They gushed everywhere and the midwife asked me to get on the bed...I was like how?!?! :shrug:

Lollip0p my health visitor didn't come until after my LO was born. Maybe she/he is just coming to see how you're getting on!

AFM Jacob is out with his nan and I've just done ALL of my ironing :happydance:! I've had sooo much of it from being away last week and that! I'm now just sitting down before I start on the kitchen!

He doesn't do guilt.

That's it now my bum is deffinatly not leaving this sofa (except for the toilet) untill 4.15 ish! Then I need to get dinner on!
Mike's going to think he's come to the wrong house with all the cleaning i'v done today....then again he'll prob's not even notice :dohh:

I am the other way round, I got to get my bum up, and tidy! oh i wish i had a cleaning fairy here

Just caught up after not being online yesterday but can't really remember much, sorry. :blush:

Good luck Philly, don't worry you will be great!

Mercy you look great!

To all you ladies that can't get back to sleep at night, do you turn on the bathroom light? I try to wake myself as little as possible, so I don't actually turn the bathroom light on. Hubby has specific instructions for how to leave the bathroom at bedtime! I just stumble out of our room, into the bathroom, land on the toilet and stumble back... Mercy, it also helps me avoid finding stuff to clean at 2:30 & 5 when I have to go... :haha:

AFM, Yesterday what started off as some innocent clearing off of a piece of kitchen counter ended up with a complete scrub down of the entire kitchen and even resulted in moving some of the small appliances around. Looks much better now, imo, though hubby has to get used to it!

Don't know if you all remember but my best friend didn't show up to my baby shower because she was working, she never called or let me know she asked a mutual friend to pass on the info. So I had not heard from her at all since before the shower (June 26th) until yesterday! She called because she now works with one of my friends (whose ex BF she had a huge crush on), the conversation went perfectly (sorry please indulge me here):

Her: So, I got to work tonight and discovered I have a new co-worker...guess who.
Me: Mari...
Her: Oh! So you did know. I thought, you know, with you being my friend and all you would have called me and given me a heads up!?!
Me: Oh, well, I though, you know you being my friend and all, that you would have shown up for my baby shower or at least contacted me yourself to tell me you weren't going to come OR maybe even tried contacting me afterwards at some point...you know before letting an entire month pass...
Her: Touche.

HAHahahahaha, she thought she was going to give me shit! Things seem to be patched up a bit now and she admitted she was being a terrible friend. She says she is going to come to my place on Wednesday, so we will have to wait and see what happens now. But this definitely makes me feel better about the whole situation, I really thought it was crappy to loose touch with her especially since we were really close before.

:hugs:

hello hunnies well today i'm walking the wrekin do you ladies think i'll make it lol i shall let you know it that don't pop my waters i'll resign myself to the fact i'm gonna go all the way with this one lol not going til 5 should be fun lol

been having niggles and for any mamma's that have had this when i walk my waters feel so tight in between my legs iykwim

mercy your bump looks fab i feel so small i went to antinatal and the was a woman there who looked huge and was complaining of the wait as mw was half hour late and she said i want to get out of here before i give birth we got talking and she said she was only 24 weeks i didn't comment as i was huge with my boys and alot was water but then she comments saying bet you have a while and when i told her 2 weeks she's like looking me up and down as if to say you sure lol i just said that if she feels fed up waiting for mw at 4 weekly appointments just imagen how she'll feel when she's weekly lol .....and where they get i'm having a 10lb i don't know baba must be in my ass lol

He doesn't do guilt.

I am the other way round, I got to get my bum up, and tidy! oh i wish i had a cleaning fairy here

I've done all my cleaning in one day for a change, I usually do a couple of room's at a time, or do upstair's oneday, then down stair's another. TBH tho, not done the dining room or spare bedroom, there still unusable so no point. I even dusted and cleaned the window in the nursery, despite the fact it has more work to be done in there, still got skirting board to finish fitting and painting to do.
:/ just remembered that OH is going to have chop saw on upstair's later so I'll have to hoover the landing again!

Just had an update from Philly-

"Just thought I'd update on progress so far. The induction was started at 2.30pm. Got till same time tomorrow to start otherwise it's C-section for me. Starting to get a few pains but nothing major yet. Hope you and the other girls are ok."

Bless her fingers cross she gets more pain(in a good way!!) :D

:thumbup: LilFooshFoosh - that is a great come back! I hope you manage to get it sorted out but I'm glad you said something!

Thanks Lliena for the update sending lots of 'pain' (in a nice way) to Philly and hope everything starts kicking off! Can't believe how fast these last couple of weeks have gone!

Thats good to hear about Philly, i Hope she isnt in too much pain, but in a bit, if you know what i mean.........

I like tidying now :D I just found a box of malteasers, that Brad had hidden from me :D me thinks they wont be there when he comes home.lol

Whats everyone else up to today?

just caught up after not being online yesterday but can't really remember much, sorry. :blush:

Good luck philly, don't worry you will be great!

Mercy you look great!

To all you ladies that can't get back to sleep at night, do you turn on the bathroom light? I try to wake myself as little as possible, so i don't actually turn the bathroom light on. Hubby has specific instructions for how to leave the bathroom at bedtime! I just stumble out of our room, into the bathroom, land on the toilet and stumble back... Mercy, it also helps me avoid finding stuff to clean at 2:30 & 5 when i have to go... :haha:

Afm, yesterday what started off as some innocent clearing off of a piece of kitchen counter ended up with a complete scrub down of the entire kitchen and even resulted in moving some of the small appliances around. Looks much better now, imo, though hubby has to get used to it!

Don't know if you all remember but my best friend didn't show up to my baby shower because she was working, she never called or let me know she asked a mutual friend to pass on the info. So i had not heard from her at all since before the shower (june 26th) until yesterday! She called because she now works with one of my friends (whose ex bf she had a huge crush on), the conversation went perfectly (sorry please indulge me here):

her: So, i got to work tonight and discovered i have a new co-worker...guess who.
Me: Mari...
Her: Oh! So you did know. I thought, you know, with you being my friend and all you would have called me and given me a heads up!?!
Me: Oh, well, i though, you know you being my friend and all, that you would have shown up for my baby shower or at least contacted me yourself to tell me you weren't going to come or maybe even tried contacting me afterwards at some point...you know before letting an entire month pass...
Her: Touche.

hahahahahaha, she thought she was going to give me shit! Things seem to be patched up a bit now and she admitted she was being a terrible friend. She says she is going to come to my place on wednesday, so we will have to wait and see what happens now. But this definitely makes me feel better about the whole situation, i really thought it was crappy to loose touch with her especially since we were really close before.

:hugs:

priceless!!!!

Someone please come tidy up my house! Lol jk
Good luck Philly!!!

36 week appt was today. Finally got signed off on a waterbirth :yipee:
I didn't get an internal but the MW felt my stomach and said my LO is very very very low!!!! I think hes been that way for at least the last week, but it's nice knowing progress is geeing made!...explains the "butt spasms" :rofl: aka baby getting hiccups near my bum haha Let the waiting game begin! Haha

Well I have been left somewhat unimpressed by my appointment this afternoon.
The doctor that saw me was SO miserable and seemed almost put out that I was there!
She scanned me, and didnt show me any bits of baby like they normally do! She just measured the head and then kept going "hmmmmmmmm"??? over and over!

She walked away leaving me with nothing to wipe the gel off myself, and mat came over with tissues and helped me up from the bed!
she sat there scribbling away and then she was getting grumpy cos Riley was making noise so I asked mat to take him outside!

She said that my Amniotic fluid was below normal limits and when I asked to explain she was really evasive, and just kept repeating that I would be re scanned in 2 weeks! she has written ? ruptured membranes in my notes but didnt say that to me at the time!
I told her about my tricking this morning, and she said, well that might be why then!
I asked her to check my cervix and she just said she didnt THINK it was fluid! but that if it happened again I would need to be seen quickly! WTF!!!???

I asked her about the group b strep. as I had it with Riley they have told me I will automatically be treated during this labour too, so I said do i need to come in early for AB's like I did last time, and she didnt bloody know!
She said I fell into an overlap between them changing the policy and didnt know what the answer was!

SO between that and me worrying about fluid now! I am a right miserable cow! I burst into tears when we got in! and think I am officially HORMONAL lol!

Foosh thats hilarious, glad things are working out.

Yay philly!!!! Lliena thank for the update!

Guppy glad to hear you get your water birth!

Me, I am finishing setting up washer/dryer and working on an assignment still then cleaning like a mad woman!

The doctor that saw me was SO miserable and seemed almost put out that I was there!
She scanned me, and didnt show me any bits of baby like they normally do! She just measured the head and then kept going "hmmmmmmmm"??? over and over!

She walked away leaving me with nothing to wipe the gel off myself, and mat came over with tissues and helped me up from the bed!
she sat there scribbling away and then she was getting grumpy cos Riley was making noise so I asked mat to take him outside!

She said that my Amniotic fluid was below normal limits and when I asked to explain she was really evasive, and just kept repeating that I would be re scanned in 2 weeks! she has written ? ruptured membranes in my notes but didnt say that to me at the time!
I told her about my tricking this morning, and she said, well that might be why then!
I asked her to check my cervix and she just said she didnt THINK it was fluid! but that if it happened again I would need to be seen quickly! WTF!!!???

I asked her about the group b strep. as I had it with Riley they have told me I will automatically be treated during this labour too, so I said do i need to come in early for AB's like I did last time, and she didnt bloody know!
She said I fell into an overlap between them changing the policy and didnt know what the answer was!

SO between that and me worrying about fluid now! I am a right miserable cow! I burst into tears when we got in! and think I am officially HORMONAL lol!

I swear sometimes these dr's cause us more grief than its worse! Ring your midwife for a chat if your concerned hun thats what they are there for :hugs:

Thanks hun! I think I am gunna call my midwife at the GP in the morning, she is lovely and i think I'll get far more sense out of her!
I am so grumpy now tho. just feel horrible! and I am fretting about the fluid.

Also there was a midwife with her when she did the scan who said to me
"oo baby is nicely engaged in there already"
and the doctor has written "free and high" in the section on my notes for relation to brim! I could clearly see even myself that baby's head was in there!

Grrrrrr how can one doctor make you so down!

:hugs: I agree with Lliena, I'd ring your midwife! I had group b strep with Jacob and have been told that I won't be treated for it this time? I'll mention it to my midwife on Wednesday and see what she says?

I think that she's been out of order though Nik and seems to have contradicted herself in regards to the fluid and that...when I last went to hospital I wasn't happy with the registrar. I actually said to him "you know that this is about my blood pressure and pregnancy right?" cos he didn't seem to have a clue!! I walked out on the phone to my midwife who invited me in there and then! So give her a ring and try not to worry :hugs:

Wow sounds like dr was having a very off day, that or she had no idea what she was doing :wacko: Sometimes I wonder why people do the job if they cant be bothered to read notes etc first. They arent any better than any of us!

Thats just it, she didnt even have my notes in the room when I got there, the MW that was with her brought them in. so shed not even read thru anything before I got in there!
I will stop ranting now, and htink I will call my Mw tomorrow to see if she can see me! i keep crying like a bit soppy arse so mat has just gone to get me chocolate reinforcements lol! bless him x

BIG :hugs: some doctors can be so lame...and RUDE!! Some of them really need to work on a better bed-side manner. It makes me so angry when they refuse to do anything to help...and you walk away feeling more stressed and worried than before!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->