****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Oh man! Baby France and Loving_it big :hugs:

Baby France I hope the rest of your night can be salvaged, if it is still not great maybe head to bed and I'm sure everyone will be fx that you have a make up day tomorrow!

Lovin_it, I would have been upset too (I almost said pissed and stopped myself :haha:). Hope your little man starts 2 handing it!

I've been getting some period pains too, gotten stronger the last couple of days. I feel like I should keep going to the bathroom to check that I haven't started bleeding! For some reason I have it in my head that those pains have to do with your cervix moving or thinning... anyone know?

Lliena I was just thinking earlier that it is funny how we can pretty much say anything after typing three little letters! T M I :rofl: that makes everything ok!

:hugs: to all!

Not sure if this is where to announe, but baby Micah is here! Born July 21st, 3:13am, at 36.3 weeks, weighing 6lbs11oz. :happydance:

Congratulations hon xx

Thought I would share :) 35week bump...

:thumbup:

hello ladies. Just got back from my Dr. appointment, he decided to check and see how things were progressing!! YaY!!

I am already 2 cm dialated....and my cervix is thinning??? is that right??? He said he doesn't think it will be much longer now...as it being my third pregnancy and the other two were born earlier and fast!!

Yay!!

:happydance:

hey girls !!

well im booked in for saturday morning !!!! i have to call at 7.30 !!!!!!!!! to find out whether its ok to go in n what time.....

had a sweep.... midwife said cervix is forward and open... she said 1-2cms so nothing major, baby really low tho. heart beat good, blood pressure still up.....

she said... after the sweep... 'right now go home n be really nice to the man in doors' hmmmmmmm dont think theres much chance in that lol x

i dont think the sweeps gunna work, so we'll see.... x

pic of me today.... 38+3

woop woop, not long now hon. :happydance:

Hey everyone!

MrsP so nice to hear that everyone and everything is going ok! :hugs:

:happydance: Woo hoo on being 2cm dilated Carolyn and Mumma Some of my friends have said that a sweep is horrible, really glad yours went ok!

:yipee: Sounds like by Sunday we'll have at least 3 more August babies here!!

Lucy Glad everything went ok with the TENS class! I've never really thought about using one TBH...weren't sure if they really worked but maybe I should have a look into it! And yes Jacob is growing up soooo fast, I can't believe he's 15months old - he's so tall though (just like his dad).

AFM I think I'm nesting and its actualy scared me today. I've turned into Monica from friends :blush:I even cleaned the hoover today. My front room, bathroom and nursery are sparkling and I know that I won't be able to move later and it wasn't probably the wisest decision I've made considering Kev is working nights tonight but I feel like I just HAD to do it!

And I have my conservatory back - Kev's sorted his shed :happydance::happydance: means I can clean the conservatory and make it into my splat/kiddies play room!

Hope you've all have good days, Lou x

slow down chick

Does a sweep hurt?
Dont know if i'll need one (hopefully not) but i would much rather have a sweep instead of other modes of "induction"!

Okay girls, for anyone who wants to get in on this, I have created a birth poll for baby Isaiah!!!! Please let me know your guesses. Heres the link ;)

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/379684-birth-poll.html

um mine were uncomfortable, but hey say the more it hurts the better the effect.

Just dropping in to let you know I had my baby girl on friday 23rd July weighing 5lbs 130z. I had to be induced after getting pre eclemcia and had a very quick 4 hour labour from start to finish.

congratulations hon, what have you called her?

Hello ladies would like to introduce you to Oaklee Archer Wurtz born today at 12:54pm weighing 7lbs 6oz 19 1/2 inches long we are doing great, but am very tired.
View attachment 102864

View attachment 102865

View attachment 102866

View attachment 102867

Hope this worked!

he is adorable, well done hon xx

:happydance: Full Term today!! :cloud9:

omg i 'nair'ed yesterday before my appointment - warning,.... its smells funny made me feel all embarressed like it was me it was the stuff i swear lol x

:rofl: you do make me laugh!

lol I was messing, he'd kill me if he even thought i'd used it lmao.
Might wind him up when he's eaten his tea and tell him I used it.

:haha: brilliant.

How is your nursery coming along?

I cant imagine getting a wax whilst this swollen if Im honest.....ouch!! Just gonna get OH to tidy me up I think :) Do any of you seem to lose more of your plug/have more discharge when you get strong braxton hicks?

Oh and im 38 weeks today :happydance:

Lollip0p thats how my last labour started...9 months pregnant, been induced 2 hours earlier and I waddled to the midwife complaining of bad period pains and could I have something please. It NEVER occurred to me that I hadn't had one for 9 months! STUPID - yes I think so. Anyway, about an hour later my waters went! Fingers crossed for you!

Philly:yipee: Congratulations!!!!!! Well done you x

Wannabemum :wave: I've not been posting here for long but have been made to feel really welcome!

Danielle Some people have nothing better to do in life and sounds like your neighbours.

Lucy Your brave, I've had it done once and that was enough! Having said that ever tried having your armpits done? That is worse that bikini!!!! Burns!

LilFooshFoosh :happydance: Yeah on being term!

Sorry if I've missed anyone out!!

AFM I no longer feel like superwoman - but a drowned spider :cry: About half an hour after I posted, EVERYTHING went wrong and then so did the rest of my day. And if I wrote it down on here, even I wouldn't read it cos it's just one thing after another. But it started off with Kev running out of petrol on the way home and being stuck on the motorway when he's supposed to take me to midwife, so me having to walk in the pouring rain to my midwife (bearing in mind my back feels like glass today) which would take a non pregnant 20 mins and I only had 20 mins. No car seat for a taxi. Midwife worrying the crap out of me about baby's size. And its ended with Jacob continuing his constant cry today going to sleep and Kev sitting on his arse then going off to work while I tidied his crap up after I've been out doing errands all day. :growlmad:

Thats not even half of it. Mad. Yeah. :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I just want to cry and sleep...:cry:

Oh honey, big :hugs: :kiss::kiss:

AFM - not much to report.

Cant believe my little man is a week old tomorrow!!! Gone so quick.

I have updated front page, apologies if I have left anyone off.

Just having :coffee: and some chocolate, wash E's cups and bits, bottles for H then 10pm feed and bed. xx

Wow a week already blimey thats flew by! Glad your ok hun :D

Lou :hugs: crappy day :( tomorrow will be better.

Lovin_it, this is what I'm not sure I could deal with about having a boy!

MrsP,seven days has flown by!! You're a startfor still doing the front page :)

Well, I'mwathcing something about men jumping off buildings, may give it til the next break then bed...

gosh! went off for a few hour's and come back to 3page's!!!

read them all and all I can remember is people talking about there plug going, how we all seem to be able to talk about stuff on here but not in RL and erm ben and jerry's ice cream (my fave is cookie dough btw:p)

Done abit more painting in the nursery :) so far have 5number's and 9 letter's done! It hurt's my feet to stand doing it tho :( Only got 11 letter's and 4number's to do (forgot to print a 0 out so haven't got a number 10 until I some how get to the printer!), skirting board to finish putting on and painted (i'll make him do it on friday :D) and the floor scrubbing, then it's done!!
I'd still be doing abit of painting, but I was getting sharp stabbing pain's in my bump so thought I best have a rest!!
Got midwife tomorrow afternoon, I wonder what she will have to say tomorrow. Forgot to order more iron tablet's so I have non for tomorrow :/

hello ladies baby france :hugs: hun

hello mrsp 1 weeks tomorrow it does fly by :cloud9:

philly congrats hun:cloud9: you can us all about it when your ready hun

well today i went for a walk it nearly killed me but nothing so i got up and went to wrekin and did some of that and that did kill me not in pain just soo tired lol not a twinge or nothing:cry: i'm going to bed now to get some :sleep:

Riley powell was born 2 weeks early weighing 4lb 15oz @ 7am :happydance:

(due date was the 11th)

hi ladies..havnt been in this thread for a week or 2.had my 2nd sweep yesterday and other than more mucus plug nothing else has happened.now the good news is im being induced on sunday..my due date..so my lill girl may just be an august baba after all
xx

Congratulation's Zebra :) Hope you are both well!!

MrsP can't believe it's been a week already.

Ok so last week movement was right under my ribcage at top of my bump, now i'm only ever feeling it a couple of CM's above my belly button...do you think that means hes lower? :S

thanks hun..although im not to happy about being there at 8am in morning..lol! the hospital is 40 min drive away so we will av to leave at 7..hope its not an all day labour and 1st pessery works..
and big congrats to the recent babies born
xx

I hope your hospital isn't like our's or parking! Take's nearly an hour to find a car parking space :/

I hope your hospital isn't like our's or parking! Take's nearly an hour to find a car parking space :/

oooh i never thought of that..i better let my mum know..it isnt very good for parking.
thanks for pointing that out
xx

(due date was the 11th)

:happydance: Congratulations!

Good Luck Tigger for Sunday!

So Mummas on Saturday, Mordino on Friday...coming thick and fast girls! I wonder if anyone will be blessed tomorrow!

I'm off to bed...night ladies, bumps and gorgeous babies, Lou x

aww cat's got curled up on my knee, she's starting to scare me with how attached she is to me lately!!! got to disturbe her now tho, I'm of to bed now, that Mike's made the bed back up....forgot i'd stripped it! oop's.

hey all i havent been online for a while because ive been busy, i got married on 24th so its been crazy lol. erm well i was wondering....has anyones skin on the bottom half of their stomach changed? well mine basically is really strange. the hair follicles on my bottom middle part of my stomach have enlarged (theres no hairs there though), and the texture has gone weird. the only way i can describe the texture is imagine poking play-doh, it keeps the mark of where you poked and then forms back to normal shape. it feels just like dough. its been like that for about 2 weeks. i have a feeling that the midwife might just say its because i had extra weight on me before i got pregnant but i think that is bullcr@p because ive seen bigger ladies and they dont get this skin thing. plus lately my swelling (water retention) has got worse, its no longer just in my legs/feet, its in my face/neck and in my fingers too. i cant even wear my wedding ring because of the swelling, i wore it on my wedding day and havent been able to wear it again since then, its so sad :( i have to put it on a chain around my neck now. :cry:

anyways, plus does anyone keep getting chest pains? like you are gasping for breath. i sometimes feel like someone pushing down on my chest and i cant breathe. i know its not from my position or from the baby's position either so i was wondering what else it could be.
i just hope the midwife listens to me properly tomorrow and not fob me off with "its normal pregnancy stuff". all i ever hear is to raise my feet and relax etc, for the swelling....but that doesnt help and it sure as hell does nothing for my neck and hands.
i think my only option is to speak to the higher midwife at the hospital when i go next week. they listen to me.

congrats zebra stars riley was one of the names we picked for our baba :cloud9: for you hunny

well ladies i've been to bed and an so restless tonight can't sleep and baba is moving well twirling down and kicking me in lets hope it's kicking it's way out my friend is finding out on friday what she's havin she wants a girly as she has a boy so one of each her scan pic is so pretty bless her

(due date was the 11th)

YEY congrats x FAB name! I have a Riley too, he's 2!! :happydance:

hi ladies..havnt been in this thread for a week or 2.had my 2nd sweep yesterday and other than more mucus plug nothing else has happened.now the good news is im being induced on sunday..my due date..so my lill girl may just be an august baba after all
xx

Good luck sweetie x x

hey all i havent been online for a while because ive been busy, i got married on 24th so its been crazy lol. erm well i was wondering....has anyones skin on the bottom half of their stomach changed? well mine basically is really strange. the hair follicles on my bottom middle part of my stomach have enlarged (theres no hairs there though), and the texture has gone weird. the only way i can describe the texture is imagine poking play-doh, it keeps the mark of where you poked and then forms back to normal shape. it feels just like dough. its been like that for about 2 weeks. i have a feeling that the midwife might just say its because i had extra weight on me before i got pregnant but i think that is bullcr@p because ive seen bigger ladies and they dont get this skin thing. plus lately my swelling (water retention) has got worse, its no longer just in my legs/feet, its in my face/neck and in my fingers too. i cant even wear my wedding ring because of the swelling, i wore it on my wedding day and havent been able to wear it again since then, its so sad :( i have to put it on a chain around my neck now. :cry:

anyways, plus does anyone keep getting chest pains? like you are gasping for breath. i sometimes feel like someone pushing down on my chest and i cant breathe. i know its not from my position or from the baby's position either so i was wondering what else it could be.
i just hope the midwife listens to me properly tomorrow and not fob me off with "its normal pregnancy stuff". all i ever hear is to raise my feet and relax etc, for the swelling....but that doesnt help and it sure as hell does nothing for my neck and hands.
i think my only option is to speak to the higher midwife at the hospital when i go next week. they listen to me.

I had the "playdough" skin thing when I was preg with Riley, I think mine was due to excess water retention! the same thing used to happen in my lower legs and feet too, if I pressed down on it i would leave finger prints that took a few mins to refill!
As for the chest pains, I have had some, mine tend to be like a ring around my chest and back that feels like I am being crushed!
I've had projectile vomitting with mine too!

AFM, had a bit of an emotional meltdown, :cry: . Not sure why, just think I have been brewing for a good cry for a while! Poor hubby! lol!
Feel a tonne better now tho! and had lots of hugs to try and shush me lol!

I have been drinking loads today in an attempt to help the Amniotic fluid increase, my Mw said it can help! But its meant I have lived on the loo! haha! I am expecting to spend my night in there too :wacko:

Hope everyone gets some good sleep, and has nice days, for those of you in other time zones x x Nikki x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->