****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

ooohh....I am so tired but I can't sleep. Its 10 pm here right now but I dread bedtime...I toss and turn...I can't get comfy....and my hunny falls asleep before me and snores!! URRRRGH...

THIS MAY be TMI----------> but Baby Girl is soooo LOW tonight...I can feel her head bearing down just inside my who-ha.........I don't know how much lower she can get before she just falls outta there!!

Um like over 10 pages to catch up on!

Congrats philly and zebra!

Not even going to try to remember all the other stuff.

I am beginning to think I am nut for still working! Today is the first day I felt sore and awkward (2 or 6 days before my due date depending on which you go by) I even had a teeny bit of calf swelling to. I hope tomorrow is better. Had cramps and belly aches all day and the runs. Would be nice if baby K came july 31 or aug 3! Those are my two hopeful dates!

Well, had my stress test today. They checked for broken waters because my pants and undies were very wet. The paper test was positive, and so they did it again...again positive. So, they transferred me to the ward and I had to wait for the OB, who was in surgery. The nurse was basically prepping me for surgery and I really didn't feel like it was my waters. Anyways, so the OB came and she had me lay with my bum on this big wedge. It felt like I was upside down, and they did a speculum and made me cough and swabbed and put it under a microscope...not amniotic fluid. What a freaking waste of time. Not dialated at all...so that is good, but for some reason it annoys me too. Anyways, since I left the hospital, I have been having bad pains, but not contraction type period pains...but like pain on the right side of my tummy that at times is excruciating. I think they hurt me. I am resting now...took a hot bath which helped alot. Just annoyed and the whole mess of it...and in pain.

Congrats to the new mommies!

awwwwwww JAS hope u get better.... go rest !!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

ive been reading over alllllll the pages since my stinky nair comment lol x

i havent lost any plug..... at all, i rememeber losing my plug after my sweep when pregnant with harry..... but nothing yet......

ive been awake since 4 ish... maybe before !! i just woke up and couldnt sleep andd then i started sneezing ((summit bout being awake in the early hours that makes me sneeze ALOT))

i did lakeside last night, got ella n harry prezzies from the baby for when she arrives. got ellas bday prezzies..... loadsa clothes n doll stuff..... i got nothing for me... but got some cute bits for the baby, was nice to go with olly too :)

had a nice evening.... tesco got delivered when we got back ((they were 30mins early AGAIN im gunna email to complain coz its not fair on me !!))

put tescos away, kids in bed ordered curry.... and success on the early night front woohooo lol x

was a little odd this preggers tho lol x was nice feeling like he wanted me again tho..... just hope it doesnt go all weird again !!!!! ill slap him if it does literally all i want is a hug or summit everyday not once a bloody week !!!!!! x

iv had a tight tummy for a while now... on and off....... so hope summits starting..... x

Is it odd that it is 11pm and I can't sleep because all I can think of is how much I want to wash the windows! :rofl: But, instead of waking the whole house up, I am on the computer eating carrots...thinking about the windows.

itd be odd if you were on a Mac thinking about Windows..... almost blasphemous lol

im not thinking of cleaning at all..... infact... i THINK about it alot... i just dont do it enough lol x

procrastinating is the new nesting :)

x

Congrats Zebra

That made me chuckle steph about the windows, very good, my oh would be impressed, he is it whizz or likes to think so. lol

This nesting bug really isnt hitting me at all, I mean at 32 weeks, i decided to paint the kitchen, but since that nothing, I am happy to do zilch all day........... *bad bad bad me!

Thats good about Olly, I hope it all continues in the right way now, you should complain to tescos, you might get some money off your next food shop, i did have a email address for them, when i complained I will tr and dig it out later for you if you want it?

I dont think, unless I have been really blind........... I havent lost my mucus plug yet......... and all the pains i had yesterdya, have now dissappeared :( I did get slightly exicited over pains yesterday, but I also did think I wanna go shopping on sat, and be treated to mine and Brads last night of freedom for a while, (makes me sound a little selfish.........) I just anted to take him out somewhere nice and treat him, as I have been a pain in the butt the last few weeks, taking every bit of stress out on him, when he hasnt stressed me out, just everyone else.

hey all i havent been online for a while because ive been busy, i got married on 24th so its been crazy lol. erm well i was wondering....has anyones skin on the bottom half of their stomach changed? well mine basically is really strange. the hair follicles on my bottom middle part of my stomach have enlarged (theres no hairs there though), and the texture has gone weird. the only way i can describe the texture is imagine poking play-doh, it keeps the mark of where you poked and then forms back to normal shape. it feels just like dough. its been like that for about 2 weeks. i have a feeling that the midwife might just say its because i had extra weight on me before i got pregnant but i think that is bullcr@p because ive seen bigger ladies and they dont get this skin thing. plus lately my swelling (water retention) has got worse, its no longer just in my legs/feet, its in my face/neck and in my fingers too. i cant even wear my wedding ring because of the swelling, i wore it on my wedding day and havent been able to wear it again since then, its so sad :( i have to put it on a chain around my neck now. :cry:

anyways, plus does anyone keep getting chest pains? like you are gasping for breath. i sometimes feel like someone pushing down on my chest and i cant breathe. i know its not from my position or from the baby's position either so i was wondering what else it could be.
i just hope the midwife listens to me properly tomorrow and not fob me off with "its normal pregnancy stuff". all i ever hear is to raise my feet and relax etc, for the swelling....but that doesnt help and it sure as hell does nothing for my neck and hands.
i think my only option is to speak to the higher midwife at the hospital when i go next week. they listen to me.

Condgrat's with the wedding :) hope the day went well.
I get that with the chest pain's, it hurt's like hell :(

Well I had the best sleep EVER!!! From 11pm-5.30 then 5.30-7! Feel crap for it tho :( Got midwife at 1 today, I plan on doing nothing apart from nip to OH's mum and dad's then nip to the post office to pic a parcel up for them. That's it tho until I need to do tea. See how long it last's, i'm already wanting to hoover.

Morning all - just a quicky to let you know Lia's waters went last night (PinknFluffy) nothing happening so shes headed back today to start induction if it doesnt kick off itself. Looks like we will get another August bubba today....

its 4 am here and its been another long night of not sleeping....just running to the bathroom. I decided to get up outta bed, cause all the trying to toss and turn was making me anxious. I did wake my hunny up for some middle of the night :hugs: which lead to some :sex: ....now I am feeling a bit (TMI) crampy....and crabby cause I can't :sleep:

JASMAK--> I can undertand your frustration...being told one thing and then NOPE thats not it....:shrug: :hugs:

Morning all - just a quicky to let you know Lia's waters went last night (PinknFluffy) nothing happening so shes headed back today to start induction if it doesnt kick off itself. Looks like we will get another August bubba today....

Another whoop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Zebra!
tigger good luck for Sunday!! I shouldn't think parkng would be too bad at that timeof morning on a Sunday? Our hospital is definitely worse in afternoons when it coincides with visiting time...
Angel, congrats on your wedding. As for the skin thing, my MW said it was generalised oedema, ie not localised to hands or feet (my wedding ring's been off for months btw) so when you press it leaves marks that take a while to fade- it's basically water retention all over your body... according to my friend who had it badly last time a day or two after LO was born she pee-d for about 5 mins non-stop while it all flushed out!
Kelly, take it easy babe! FX for 31 or 3 then, but I presume you have a plan in place if baby doesn't play ball?
Jasmak, at least the test the OB did was more conclusive and they didn't send you in unnecessarily...
Mumma, good stuff with Olly :)
Moggy, thanks for keeping us posted. I'm supposed to be Lia's bump buddy, bad old me, not very helpful am I :(

Well today we're off to meet some May 08 mummies from when I was pregnant with DD... park and picnic and beach (or softplay if it pisses down!)

HWM she texted me cos we are in the same buddy thread, think Yas is lucky cos her bump buddies are having babies - must be my turn to get the luck next.....Ah well scan tomorrow so hopefully get progress report then....

Last few days to get in for the full trust fund....

Strange thing to report, my little boy is running around with a pair of pants on his head :rofl:

Strange thing to report, my little boy is running around with a pair of pants on his head :rofl:

My kids like to run around with clean underpants on their head..lol...or my 7 yr old will run around in his underpants with a blanket tied around him for a cape....he calls himself....."Captain Underpants". KIDS!!! :happydance:

guess as theyre clean will let him carry on....he is pretending to fly an airplane and throwing a mini spitfire around - so cute, do you think if I laugh enough it might trigger labour? Come on out Moglet!!!

guess as theyre clean will let him carry on....he is pretending to fly an airplane and throwing a mini spitfire around - so cute, do you think if I laugh enough it might trigger labour? Come on out Moglet!!!

anything is worth a try!! if it works for you let me know....I've been holding back on laughing to hard cause if I do I usually end up with pee dribbling down my leg....lol....

:thumbup: Angel Congratulations on your wedding!

Looks like we might have Thursday August baby here then?! Please send best wishes and good luck to Lia please Moggy! And your LO sounds like he's having lots of fun!!

Hope you're feeling ok Jasmak!

Sounds like you've got a fun filled pack day Lucy!

Danielle - just for today I think you should step away from the hoover LOL!

Hope you manage to catch up on the z's Lovin_it!!

AFM I'm waiting for Kev to walk through the door after a busy nights work but he did promise me that he's going out with Jacob for the day, leaving me to recover from yesterday. My back is still like glass and I can't wait to get in bed after Jacob decided to wake up and play at 5.30?!?!

I've been having some really sharp pains where baby is stopping me in my tracks and when I got up I actually felt I had to keep my legs crossed so baby didn't fall out! Baby can stay a bit longer - I'm too busy with play dates and that next week!!

Hope all you ladies, bumps & babies have a great day!

Oh - I've just realised that I've not got a bump buddy....can anyone help?! :shrug:

tried :sex: and nothing - bizarre to be so huge though, can only imagine what OH must think :wacko: seemed to enojy himself ok thoug :winkwink:

Tried walking A LOT and nothing

Constantly peeing anyway ever since Moglet decided my bladder was his personal trampoline!

Its cooler here today so if my Mum gets all clear at docs now is a good time for Moglet to comeout as got everything covered, if Mum gets bad report have to sort Mogster with another person to look after him whilst we in hospital so Moglet will have to hang in a bit longer. He is gonna look quite squashed I imagine on tomorrows scan!

HWM did you have late scan last time too? How squished do they look in there?

I can't be doing with bit's on the floor and cat hair's! I love the cat's but what was we thinking when we got them! Clearly not planning to have kid's.
i'v not moved of the sofa yet, not even got dressed, thinking about having a second breakfast but that mean's getting up so maybe it's a lazy day for me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->