****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Text from Lia - PinknFluffy - shes off to labour ward and she just passed a real screamer!

HWM - Moglet is engaged so what do you think they will do/say tomorrow if he still looks big? Labour with Mogster was v fast so inclined to avoid induction if I can but tempting if they offer....not sure that they will though given some of the stories on here.... Last scan showed Moglet on 87th centile but dont know what to expect as Mogster was a 35weeker

I thought the aussie guy deserved another go! She made slop on a plate and was bugging me with all the tearful snivelling!

yeah she was far too whingy for my liking and the chap from neighbours wasw good and entertaining!

No idea what they'll suggest, to be honest given that the scans can be so inaccurate I won't be payhing too much heed... just reading back my old blog posts - at 40+5 they said Charlotte was 9lb 7, she was born 7 days later at 9lb 3 - so not exactly accurate!

Jas I had one of those moments too this evening after shouting at my son for what seems like everything, all day (he has been such a bugger!!), I come into the room to find he has scoffed half of a big bar of dairy milk (which I had been saving for later) and is absolutely covered all over his face, hands and legs in chocolate!!! Now I can imagine you are all laughing...he is only 3...and it would have made a fab photo...but I just burst into tears :rofl:

might have to try that more often as he was way more sorry than he is when I shout at him :haha:

i'm going to bed now ladies. My side's hurt all way round into my back :( so going to have a paracetamol and go to bed :/
x

Hello my lovely ladies!!! Hope you are all well!

So my induction wasn't what i expected. They started me at 2.30pm but by 2.30pm the next day i was still only 2cm dialated and in the worst pain ever! Because i'm elergic to codeine i couldn't have any pain relief apart from paracetemol, gas or epi. Had to wait for them to break my waters which they did about 6.30pm on tuesday. Was in such pain. Then they put me on a drip to speed things up but wasn't fully dilated till 8.30am wednesday. They couldn't get a canula in my arms so i'm covered in bruises. Had to use my foot in the end.

Anyhoo was so tired they told me i would have to push to turn his head round as he was facing to the left. So was pushing for an hour and couldn't do anymore. Doc came in to use the vontuse but looked at me and said i didn't need it, would have bub within half an hour. 20 min later i pushed him out! 2nd degree tear and 5 stitches but he was worth everything. PLus he was only 7lb 4 so don't have many clothes that fit him!

Back home now it's marts turn tonight to do the feed whilst i sleep. Have miseed you all and will update a bit more tomorrow!

Big hugs and loves to everyone xxx

Attachments

• 053.jpg
    053.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1
aaaaawwwwwww philly hes gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!

canula in ya foot ?? never heard of that....

congrats and well done

all our love ... me + three xxxx

Hello my lovely ladies!!! Hope you are all well!

So my induction wasn't what i expected. They started me at 2.30pm but by 2.30pm the next day i was still only 2cm dialated and in the worst pain ever! Because i'm elergic to codeine i couldn't have any pain relief apart from paracetemol, gas or epi. Had to wait for them to break my waters which they did about 6.30pm on tuesday. Was in such pain. Then they put me on a drip to speed things up but wasn't fully dilated till 8.30am wednesday. They couldn't get a canula in my arms so i'm covered in bruises. Had to use my foot in the end.

Anyhoo was so tired they told me i would have to push to turn his head round as he was facing to the left. So was pushing for an hour and couldn't do anymore. Doc came in to use the vontuse but looked at me and said i didn't need it, would have bub within half an hour. 20 min later i pushed him out! 2nd degree tear and 5 stitches but he was worth everything. PLus he was only 7lb 4 so don't have many clothes that fit him!

Back home now it's marts turn tonight to do the feed whilst i sleep. Have miseed you all and will update a bit more tomorrow!

Big hugs and loves to everyone xxx
HE is absolutely beautiful hunny x Sorry you had a tough time, but now you have your gorgeous little bundle to make you smile x x Well done matey x x

Arrrgh! I was just asked every pregnant womans favourite question....... "are you sure there's only 1 in there?" I was SOOO close to saying
"no I have no idea, there may be a whole litter in there for all I know"
STOOPID people! lol!
Why is it when ur pregnant people suddenly thikn the size of your body is up for public discussion! I am getting pee'd off with the comments now! I dont think I am unusually big! fair enough I will admit to being rather weeble-like but I guess thats normal for almost 38 weeks yeah??

I think I should go to bed, as my grumpyness is making me rant hahaha!
hugs x Nik x

philly congrats he is perfect!!!

Nikki I think that one of my least favourite comments and I usually reply with an icy glare haha I think you look fab!!!

Philly, he is Gorgeous!!

I know Mercy, I got told I was having triplets the otehr day, gee thanks! Also another fab question I got froma bout 30 weeks was, you must be ready to drop by now, your HUGE, no actually I have another 10 weeks to go, could have slapped everyone person that said that to me!

I could rant all day about it, People are s rude, and I find women that have had children to be the worse!

My oh, said taht to me as well babyfrance, but then he went, oh yeh your pregnant............. dont think they would let you do it just yet, men dont you just love them?!

I apologise for my bad typing tonight!

Mercy you do look fab, forgot to put that on my last post

Philly - Congratulations hun. Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing about your handsome little man:happydance::happydance:

Mercy2 - I know what you mean. When is was in the bank earlier today I was asked by the cashier how long I had left because I looked rather big!!! Because I was with my In Laws I had to smile and say I'm due this Sun!! Drives you nuts doesn't it? I've had the are you sure its only 1 in there comment too. My reply is well I've had 5 scans and they haven't found the rest so, I asume it is only 1!! Think we could legally get away with doing someone serious harm for saying stupid things like that!

I am off to bed now as I am absolutley knackered and, have another late night of decorating tomorrow again. At least my front room is now painted and ready for carpet on Saturday!!! Can't wait to get house back to normal and I can actually do all the house work!!!

Hey ladies :hi:

I don't know if any of you remember me posting a few weeks back? Saying I went into preterm labour at 32 weeks, they gave me steroids & put me on a drip to stop labour.

They told me I probably wouldn't make it to 37 weeks, well, here I am, just under two days till full term!

I have MW on Thursday and she thinks it will be my last appointment! :dance:

Hope you are all doing okay :flower:

x

Well done on full term hun! glad things are going well for you, I do remember your post!
Good luck for your next MW appointment x

Melissa someone asked you if you had more then one in there? I find that hard to believe, you're not very big. I haven't been asked that question yet and mercy I wouldn't have asked you that question either, it's a nice home for one!

The scans for fetal weight can be out by a Kg so 2.2 pounds in either direction so that estimate wasn't to bad! (I think it was mercy's post was it not? I can't remember lol)

As for the thread I don't think it should be moved till end of aug 31 so that all august mummies can keep finding it in third tri and others can see how all us august mummies are doing.

Me I made it through clinical today even though my instructor upset me, maybe I am hormonal but she had to have a "talk" with me because she thinks it's not professional that I yawned in front of the patients?!!!?? Like i can control my yawning reflex especially since the mum are all yawning from lack of sleep! Do I not make a good point? (ps, how many of you yawned reading this?) Not to mention I am 40 week pregnant as of tomorrow and still doing all my work!

Oh and good luck carolyn!

i keep gettin pain..... urgh its so annoying... why cant it be labour or nothing ?? grrr x

yep my aunt said it to me...i wasn't impressed!! haha she's just one of those people though who likes to say the wrong thing. The same day she said that to me I also got comments on how small I was...people just can't think of anything to say so they comment on size. I like the ones who just say "you look great!"

as for the yawning - WTF??? haha I never knew yawns were voluntary

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->