****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Itsa shame they dont have an egg timer inside us to let us know when they are coming out. lol

Has anyone had an ear infection whilst being pregnant? I think I am getting one, but Im not sure whether the doc can prescribe anything......... I know I wont get an appointment at my local drs today, as you need to know you are going to be ill a month in advance! But i might have to go to the out of hours one later at the hospital.

congrat's Philly!

erm think it was MERCY....my FIL is a git for asking if we are sure it's not twin's! I liturally shove the scan pic in his face as they had it on the mantle piece and ask him if it look's like twins. He keep's saying one could be hiding....so I told him if it's twin's he can keep one. He stopped then, dont think he realised I was joking.

Had a crappy night sleep again last night but feel load's better today then yesturday!

not long spoke to carolyn

everything stopped at about 3am. her hip and pelvis are really sore so she is going to get painkillers and a check up/sweep from the mw when she gets dressed which she says should be in about 2 days lol.

Morning all, well, I had a fab nights sleep. didnt wake at all untill almost 6am for my pee trip! then slept again untill Mats alarm went off at 7.15!!!! WOOPWOOP!
Its amazing how much more like an actual human I feel once I have some sleep!
Well, the eviction of baby thoughts are starting to seep into my head now, lol. I mught try a clary sage bath in a night or two, I will be 38 weeks tomoz so I think bubs will be cooked by now! he ir she was estimated at 6lb 3oz earlier this week so i am happy that all would be well.!
Hubby bought me a pinappole bless him, and I said "where's the other 7 I'll be needing then" hahahaha hes a cutie! but I dont think eating 8 whole pinapples will be on tonights menu lol.
I have been trying to keep myself super hydrated as according to the MW, this can help to replenish some of the fluid that has disappeared! It is worrying me slightly that I cant tell if the fluid is getting even lower or if its ok! its gunna be a long time till my next check a week on Monday!

Hope everyone has something nice planned for their day today! we're heading shopping later as hubby finishes early today! AND its PAYDAY!!!! YEY!!!!! haha!

hugs and luvs. Nikki x x

Oh well today I am determind to get the nursery wall's finished. So lot's of painting! Got mum and her friend coming to help tho so shouldn't take to long!
I'll take picture's when thay are done :)
Just got to get my self motivated and clean up first.

morning girls !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

so i had my nice new bed all to myself last night........ and i woke up with one hell of a stiff neck.... lol oops im hoping it wasnt bed related jst sleeping awkwardly....

anywwaaayyyyyy............ its baby day tomorrow..... im not nervous yet...... just wanna get the house sorted today... i wish i was nesting... or could get mercy round here of jas with her window thing lol you can all come ahaha x

so yer, do that today.... olly n my best (childless) friend staying tonight and then a nice early morning to call the hospital !!

id rather baby came tonight tho..... so i dont have to hang around for the induction... i jst want it nice n quick !! x

Wishing everyone who's got an induction or who are having contractions speedy labour today!

I can only just keep up with this thread! Hope everyone is ok and well! Off out with my twin sister today (long story but its been a long time since I've been out with her due to her behaviour in last pregnancy) wish me luck!

Have good day ladies, bumps and babies!!

Lou x

Morning ladies, how are you all????

I found out yesterday that bubs is fully engaged so since this is my 4th baby I'm hoping it's a good sign that things are happening??

I also found out I am measuring 46 cms at 39 weeks :shock: eeeeeek! so I'm being sent for a growth scan to see if I need a section. xx

46 !!!!! are they sure !!!!!

they told me i was measuring 28cms at 23weeks n the next week it was back to 23 so i reckon it was the woman and her dodgy tapemeasure.... x

Im lost on the who's in labour and who's being induced when etc. :/

I'v just been told that someone (in the family) who slagged my chosen boy's name off (apparently Henry Dennis is old fashioned!) has had her baby and you wont guess what name she has used :(

46 !!!!! are they sure !!!!!

they told me i was measuring 28cms at 23weeks n the next week it was back to 23 so i reckon it was the woman and her dodgy tapemeasure.... x

Yep! I have been consistently measuring big this whole pregnancy but it was always within the 3cm range but this last 4 weeks bubs has rocketed off the scale, crazy isn't it, oh and to add he is fully engaged so you would have thought the measurements would have gone down a bit.

The consultant had a good feel and said "yep that's a very large baby you have there" so I'm waiting on a scan to see if I need a section or not :(. Fingers crossed all will be well with the scan and I can go natural.

My last little boy was 10.7lbs and I was injured during delivery so I think they are just checking this one isn't even bigger :shock:

xxxx

hi ladies.. i randomely post thread here... but thought of telling you all whats going on now in my life...

Ill start with a brief.... i have a 6yr old son so i was on the pill from the day he was born... any way i may have missed a pill and also not regular in my periods cycle as well. any how got my last period on 21nov09 and then bled again for 2 days slightly on 6 dec 09as well (still on the pill) I srtated throwing up in jan so just checked my pee i got a BFP on 8.jan. even thogh it was not planned we were happy to take it!

I went to the clinic they confirmed I am preggo and did a scan since i had different days of periods and got my Edd on 6 sept and told to come back after 2 sweeks to scaN AGAIN!

any how all was well had a scan and was dated 28 august.... lastly on my 20 weeks scan they said fine you meausering big so by 20 aug u will get the baby all was well untill i had a false labor around 34 weeks i was admited in to a new hospital then registerd there for delivery as my previous consulted GP was in vacation for 2 months!!

to cut a long story short i was given some medi to stop contracting and was booked for a growth scan and said they will be taking the edd date from my first scan report!! so after that yesterday i have been to the dr appointment and she felt my stomoche and said the baby is huge (my son was born at 38weeks nealrly9lbs) so i started crying because they are saying my edd is sept and i am now weighing 205.7 and the baby is head down since 22 weeks its getting hard! :cry::cry: she said she cant induce me but if i can bring on labour naturally she is 100% sure baby will be fine and booked me for another growth scan on 10th. now im sitting here so scared as i suffed 22 hrs labor with my son which i tored my self and i had 17 stiches down there.

sorry ladies it became a essay as i never posted before... please help me with some advice.. thanks in advance! :

happy_mom im confused... sorry i dunno if its coz i have major preggers brain..... is it the whole natural induction thing your asking advice on???

im sorry you had a difficult birth previously........ i know its hard but the best thing to do is to try and relax. stay calm.

im a big believer in your body can cope with what its being given. but panicing isnt gunna help. if your scared of tearing again maybe you could try the perinial massage ((sorry bad spelling??))......

its really horrible when the midwifes and consultants dont seem sympathetic to our situations. i hope your growth scan goes ok... all you can do is express your concern when your there... hopefully they will reassure you rather than scare you :(

hope you feel more positive about the birth soon..... x

happy_mom im confused... sorry i dunno if its coz i have major preggers brain..... is it the whole natural induction thing your asking advice on???

im sorry you had a difficult birth previously........ i know its hard but the best thing to do is to try and relax. stay calm.

im a big believer in your body can cope with what its being given. but panicing isnt gunna help. if your scared of tearing again maybe you could try the perinial massage ((sorry bad spelling??))......

its really horrible when the midwifes and consultants dont seem sympathetic to our situations. i hope your growth scan goes ok... all you can do is express your concern when your there... hopefully they will reassure you rather than scare you :(

hope you feel more positive about the birth soon..... x

yes dear seeking advice on bringing on labour naturally as even adviced by the gyn. thanks for your reply.

Philly, he's gorgeous, and I've had to yell for DH like that too in the night when CHarlotte did a projectile poo that hit the far wall of the room!! Ah, the joys!
Rainbows, that's great you've made it this far, hope MW goes well :)
Kelly, yawning?! my god, how criminal of you! A stiffled yawn would have looked worse I reckon!
Lovin_it, my bubs stops moving as soon as DH comes near, that's lovely you three were all able to bond so much!
Moggy, good luck with scan!!
Lollipop, haven't had ear infection but have had antibiotics for UTI, so I imagine there is something that is safe to prescibe.
Nik, yay for a good night's sleep!! Enjoy your shopping :)
Happymom, if you search 3rd tri you'll probably find lots of tips for natural induction but ones that spring to mind, accupressure, walking, curry, pineapple, sex, EPO inserted vaginally, unripe papaya... good luck!

Anyway, off out in a minute or two for my waxing :cry: wish me luck!! And here's some bump pics from last night! And a comparison of what i looked like at 39 weeks last time round - I'm definitely bigger now!!

Arse, attachments not working hang on...

hi ladies.. i randomely post thread here... but thought of telling you all whats going on now in my life...

Ill start with a brief.... i have a 6yr old son so i was on the pill from the day he was born... any way i may have missed a pill and also not regular in my periods cycle as well. any how got my last period on 21nov09 and then bled again for 2 days slightly on 6 dec 09as well (still on the pill) I srtated throwing up in jan so just checked my pee i got a BFP on 8.jan. even thogh it was not planned we were happy to take it!

I went to the clinic they confirmed I am preggo and did a scan since i had different days of periods and got my Edd on 6 sept and told to come back after 2 sweeks to scaN AGAIN!

any how all was well had a scan and was dated 28 august.... lastly on my 20 weeks scan they said fine you meausering big so by 20 aug u will get the baby all was well untill i had a false labor around 34 weeks i was admited in to a new hospital then registerd there for delivery as my previous consulted GP was in vacation for 2 months!!

to cut a long story short i was given some medi to stop contracting and was booked for a growth scan and said they will be taking the edd date from my first scan report!! so after that yesterday i have been to the dr appointment and she felt my stomoche and said the baby is huge (my son was born at 38weeks nealrly9lbs) so i started crying because they are saying my edd is sept and i am now weighing 205.7 and the baby is head down since 22 weeks its getting hard! :cry::cry: she said she cant induce me but if i can bring on labour naturally she is 100% sure baby will be fine and booked me for another growth scan on 10th. now im sitting here so scared as i suffed 22 hrs labor with my son which i tored my self and i had 17 stiches down there.

sorry ladies it became a essay as i never posted before... please help me with some advice.. thanks in advance! :

Aww hun :hugs: I have a big baby too, scary isn't it? As for trying to bring on labour I have heard sex is the best thing but the size I am I can't face it, my poor hubby lol.
Try not to get too stressed as that's just going to make things worse. Are your dr's thinking about a section depending on your scan on the 10th?

xxx

https://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4573/compare39weekscopy.jpg
https://img824.imageshack.us/img824/9710/39weeksallroundcopy.jpg

Happymom, if you search 3rd tri you'll probably find lots of tips for natural induction but ones that spring to mind, accupressure, walking, curry, pineapple, sex, EPO inserted vaginally, unripe papaya... good luck!

thanks dear i am gonna try all accept sex as my hubby is so worried from my sizzzzzzzzzzzzzzze!!Anyway, off out in a minute or two for my waxing :cry: wish me luck!! And here's some bump pics from last night! And a comparison of what i looked like at 39 weeks last time round - I'm definitely bigger now!!

and good luckon your waxing process!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"