****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Wow! 28 babies born already! This gives me hope that maybe I won't have to wait too much longer! It's getting really uncomfortable. :)

Youngling, Come and join the most over due thread!!

Zoe I agree, Lots of babies! My friend who was due start of Sept just had her boy 6 weeks early. Both doing well :)

Ailah is a gorgeous name :)

Shmoo, sounds busy, but like things are nearly all in place now :)

Well I texted her in the end :) and we went swimming and I think the girls had more fun with each other there, but then they had their nice family lunch out and Charlotte and I went to Ikea for lunch :) So that worked out OK in the end! I'm just no good at ambivilance!

I sprained my ankle this morning :cry: I had just put Charlotte in the car, and my mum was there and I was talking to her as I walked round the back of the car and I went over on my ankle (which I've been doing quite a lot these days anyway...) but it was on the kerb, so I went over heavily, and then twisted to a heap on the floor! Grazed my knee and elbow too, ankle swollen now and sore. Mum was panicking that I'd had a faint or collapsed or something, and so was the care worker who comes for our neighbour, think she though she was going to have to rescusitate me or something!

I'm just waiting for Charlotte to stop chatting to herself and doze off then I'm having a kip too :)

Aww hope your ankle feels better soon :hugs:

Love carolyns name choice :thumbup:

AFM back from midwife everything is good with my bp etc baby is 4/5 engaged and I asked her about the pains/cramping so she had a look but didnt feel around too much and she said im nearly 3cm dilated and my cervix is starting to thin out :happydance: She said that baby will come when ready to but all the signs were looking good for sooner rather than later. I did say to her if I end up at 42weeks with no baby I'll blame
her for jinxing me :lol:

Gonna keep going on my birthing ball and keep active in the hope it spurs bean on :D

Flippin eck Shmoo sounds like you're going to need a break. Keeping FX for you that you and OH have at least one relaxing day and night before your LO arrives!

Lliena :happydance: 3cm's dilated! Thats great news and especially if MW thinks baby will be here sooner rather than later!!

Lucy Glad swimming went ok - think you need to sit up and relax though! Hope your ankle gets better!! Poor you!

Had a great day at the farm, absolutely shattered again now though because the dozy idiot I am forgot to put Jacob's pram in...STUPID!!! So I ended up carrying him, having him on my shoulders and then my friend swapped over and I pushed her LO in the pram! But bonus we went to all you can eat pizza at Pizza Hut...Mercy officially blaming you for mentioning it the other day!

Just sitting down with a brew and Kev's just painted his shed, bless x

Flippin eck Shmoo sounds like you're going to need a break. Keeping FX for you that you and OH have at least one relaxing day and night before your LO arrives!

Lliena :happydance: 3cm's dilated! Thats great news and especially if MW thinks baby will be here sooner rather than later!!

Lucy Glad swimming went ok - think you need to sit up and relax though! Hope your ankle gets better!! Poor you!

Had a great day at the farm, absolutely shattered again now though because the dozy idiot I am forgot to put Jacob's pram in...STUPID!!! So I ended up carrying him, having him on my shoulders and then my friend swapped over and I pushed her LO in the pram! But bonus we went to all you can eat pizza at Pizza Hut...Mercy officially blaming you for mentioning it the other day!

Just sitting down with a brew and Kev's just painted his shed, bless x

Yep hopefully although reading online I thought 4/5 meant nearly fully engaged but in my midwife notes it goes 5/5 4/5 3/5 2/5 1/5 0/5 so shes only just on her way in! Apparently though second time babies sometimes dont ever fully engage till labour so hopefully things can still happen!

well done lliena my 2nd and 3rd didn't go in til the pushing began so all good there opening up is the main aim lol so attack your man 1cm more and your on the labour ward :hugs:

Please can you add me to August babies born.
Matilda was due on 27th August but arrived on the 29th July weighing 4lbs 9oz. Thank you:flower:

carolyn is now home so she should be on here in a few days (once she masteres typing and feeding at the same time :haha:) ive passed on all you good wishes!!

BABYFRANCE, PIZZA HUT SOOOOOOOO rocks lol! glad you had a good time! boo to forgetting the pram but yey for fun at the farm x

Youngling, Come and join the most over due thread!!

Zoe I agree, Lots of babies! My friend who was due start of Sept just had her boy 6 weeks early. Both doing well :)

Ailah is a gorgeous name :)

Shmoo, sounds busy, but like things are nearly all in place now :)

Well I texted her in the end :) and we went swimming and I think the girls had more fun with each other there, but then they had their nice family lunch out and Charlotte and I went to Ikea for lunch :) So that worked out OK in the end! I'm just no good at ambivilance!

I sprained my ankle this morning :cry: I had just put Charlotte in the car, and my mum was there and I was talking to her as I walked round the back of the car and I went over on my ankle (which I've been doing quite a lot these days anyway...) but it was on the kerb, so I went over heavily, and then twisted to a heap on the floor! Grazed my knee and elbow too, ankle swollen now and sore. Mum was panicking that I'd had a faint or collapsed or something, and so was the care worker who comes for our neighbour, think she though she was going to have to rescusitate me or something!

I'm just waiting for Charlotte to stop chatting to herself and doze off then I'm having a kip too :)

Awww hunny, sending MASSIVE hugs for your ankle! and all the other related grazes x Take it easy this evening x x

Love carolyns name choice :thumbup:

AFM back from midwife everything is good with my bp etc baby is 4/5 engaged and I asked her about the pains/cramping so she had a look but didnt feel around too much and she said im nearly 3cm dilated and my cervix is starting to thin out :happydance: She said that baby will come when ready to but all the signs were looking good for sooner rather than later. I did say to her if I end up at 42weeks with no baby I'll blame

Gonna keep going on my birthing ball and keep active in the hope it spurs bean on :D

Glad the MW went well, looking good for things moving along there! Bounce on that ball like a crazy lady and leap on OH lol, that should get things going haha!

Matilda was due on 27th August but arrived on the 29th July weighing 4lbs 9oz. Thank you:flower:

Congrats hun and what a cute name! x

Carolyn, love the name! Welcome little lady x x :flower: x x

AFM, well not much to say about this afternoon really! I slept for FOUR HOURS!!!!!! went to the bathroom after lunch and came over all dizzy so mat told me to go lie down for a bit! 4hours and a few mins later I emerged out of the bedroom looking like I had been in a coma for ten years lol!
I still feel like I could sleep for a week, but am trying to stay awake in case i dont sleep tonight now lol. Had a few more clumps of the Green Jelly loss too since I woke up! not sure its plug or not, but seems like the texture of Jelly cubes before you pour the water on! lol. Lovely description lol!

AND the calls from family have started! mum rang and said well i hadnt heard from you so thought I would check ur not in labour! ARRGH! giv me a break! I thought I might not start getting them till 40 weeks lol!
She did the same the other day, when she had a call from a witheld number at7am. She rang my housephone all day while I was out! leaveing endless messages! but didnt ONCE leave a message on my mobile lol! She then rang Mat at work and asked was I in labour! by that time it was about 5pm tho! Like I'd be in labour and not tell her ARRGH!!!! lol!

I am also Particularly Hormonal and snappy today! haha! I have been a cow to mat and Riley! I just think I need a MOUNTAIN of chocolate and a bubble bath followed by an early night! Maybe I will wake up feeling more like myself tomorrow! haha! Fingers crossed!!!!

Congratulations purplemad :D

Well today...I didn't go back to bed, I got some washing done and nipped out with my mum to get a few bit's and while walking around the shop I got the most agonising pain in the bottem of my back and cramping like i'd never had....felt like getting curled up on the shop floor!! But I walked it off, came home and chilled out for abit :) well at least tried, still got a achy bump :( and i'm having to go to the toilet every 5min's liturally, the smallest thing I drink just doesn't want to stay in! I should just stay upstair's!! Just cooked and eaten tea, once the pot's are done my PJ's are being put on then I refuse to shift off the sofa except for the toilet :)
Was telling a friend of the family how I was feeling(as she asked!) told her about all the cramping I was getting etc and she snapped at me! Telling me not to think it's the baby coming or that he'll start coming anytime soon. I never even said anything of the sort, I just said I think he's moving down! There was no need for the lecture I got off her..it's not my fault she's due age's after me, i'm sure when she start's getting pain's it will be on her facebook every 5min's and she'll make the biggest deal out of it ever.

So what are these signs and symptoms that labour is progressing? I need this kid to come out of me! I am slowly getting antsy and uncomfortable and just want to get the show on the road but I don't know if my body is gearing up for it or not?

So what are these signs and symptoms that labour is progressing? I need this kid to come out of me! I am slowly getting antsy and uncomfortable and just want to get the show on the road but I don't know if my body is gearing up for it or not?

I don't know, every ache and pain I get I find a reason for it, too early for me to go into labour! Even when I do go into labour i'll still think of some other reason for the pain :haha:

every twinge I have im hoping its the start of something! And im not even 'full term' yet. God knows how bad ill be at 40+ weeks lol

YAY!! I made it to 37 weeks!!!! (well somewhere between 37-38ish)!! I'm considered FULL TERM.....eeeeeeeeeekk!! so excited!! WOW!!

Congrats to all the new mommies!! ☺ can't wait til its my turn to hold my beautiful bundle joy!!

Feeling really ucky today...my ribs ache, my hips feel like they're gonna rip apart and shatter into tiny peices...not to mention new hemroids that weren't there yesterday...
Hope all you other wonderful women are having a great day. ☺

Still feeling shitty! Gettin some pretty impressive backache and lower bump pain! Had a bounce on the old Birth ball and it seems to relieve it, but as soon as I get off back it comes! Nothing "contraction-like" so doubt its any sign of anythin! But making me feel sufficiantly yukkie!!!!! :0(

Hows everyone else feeling this evenign x

:hugs: Lovin_it & Mercy hope you both start feeling better soon or get some real proper 'good' pains if that makes sense?

Kevs just come back from football and I've sent him out again for some chocolate? I just 'need' some!! I really think that this baby is on a final boom growth spurt, after all you can eat at Pizza Hut I'm STILL hungry? Just had a bowl of pasta and may need to get some more.

I suppose I can't complain, these last 3 days have been where I've been eating lots! I mean I like my treats but I don't go mad...honest :blush:

Waiting for Kev to get back and see whether we're watching a film or not. Got such a busy week ahead this week though!!

I have days like that, where I just cant eat enough! I am sat here now thinking about cooking rice! lol! I seem to have these periods of craving plain white rice! lol its odd! I figured it must be to do with the simple carbs or somethin! Maybe its what My body needs today!

This backpain is getting stronger, but I dont wanna take anything for it, If it is gunna turn into something more exciting I dont wanna mask it lol! Does that sound like madness haha! I am deffo thinkin its just general acheyness tho, Not lucky enough to be much else lol!

3cm sounds great!!

Congratulations!

Don't know I don't think i've been having any :( Tomorrow was your other preferred day wasn't it? Fingers crossed!!

Well just back from yoga, ankle held up OK, sore but no worse than when doing nothing... and I think I may be losing some plug?! Thick stringy tinged mucus discharge anyway - so something is happening down there but I'm not sure what exactly!

every twinge I have im hoping its the start of something! And im not even 'full term' yet. God knows how bad ill be at 40+ weeks lol

See I tell my self it's nothing so I don't start getting excited :)

YAY!! I made it to 37 weeks!!!! (well somewhere between 37-38ish)!! I'm considered FULL TERM.....eeeeeeeeeekk!! so excited!! WOW!!

Congrats to all the new mommies!! ☺ can't wait til its my turn to hold my beautiful bundle joy!!

Feeling really ucky today...my ribs ache, my hips feel like they're gonna rip apart and shatter into tiny peices...not to mention new hemroids that weren't there yesterday...
Hope all you other wonderful women are having a great day. ☺

Yay to being full term!!!

I'm just about ready to throw a strop and get rid of facebook! :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back