****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Mrs P :wave: so glad everything is going well for you :D.

I'm feeling antsy today, I'm only 1 day overdue but blimming hell I'm fed up, feels like this lil man is never going to come out. To all the overdue ladies I feel for you xxxx

Believe me I am right there with you!!!

Mrs P - Great to hear from you! :D

Annoying isn't it !? Everyone I know seems to be giving birth to their babies and I'm like I WAS DUE FIIIIIIRRRRRSSSTTT!! :hissy: LOL.

Have you been given an induction date yet hun? xx

Melissa you and i need our babes to come out, it's aug 7th already! My best friends b day! I wouldn't mind sharing baby's b day with her. But still no baby... will get some sex later I think.

It's my gran and her twin's birthday today too, wouldn't mind that :) My cousin shares his birthday with my other gran later in the month, but if I make it to 20 Aug I'll be 19 days overdue, so here's hoping not!!

MrsP, hi!! And thanks for sorting our front page for us, can't imagine how busy you are! Getting away just you and Si for the night sounds lovely :)

Well just sitting here waiting to give my parents a lift to a wedding so they can get sozzled - hmmm... perhaps baby putting in an appearance today wouldn't be so good as they're penciled in Charlotte duty when everything kicks off! Perhaps sod's law will act in my favour?

Mrs P :wave: so glad everything is going well for you :D.

I'm feeling antsy today, I'm only 1 day overdue but blimming hell I'm fed up, feels like this lil man is never going to come out. To all the overdue ladies I feel for you xxxx

Believe me I am right there with you!!!

Mrs P - Great to hear from you! :D

Annoying isn't it !? Everyone I know seems to be giving birth to their babies and I'm like I WAS DUE FIIIIIIRRRRRSSSTTT!! :hissy: LOL.

Have you been given an induction date yet hun? xx

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Ha ha ha ha ha! Hayzeb I think that will so be me if and when I go overdue!!!!

Wishing all the overdue ladies their babies first!!!

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi Mrs P so nice to hear from you and glad that everything is going well!

Lucy I've been hoping for you to see your LO so much this week and for things to go naturally but keep legs crossed and tell baby you don't mind ONE more day!

I want him out! But I want him to do it himself! Miogster keeps saying we go get baby on thursday :wacko: how bizarre if it is thursday....not that late given we are nearly a week over now! :dohh:

Well they do say Moggy that the children know, well lets see if he is right.

HWM - Been trying to keep my self busy. I had PND with E and this time I have been much more down from the begining. Looking into doing an NVQ in beauty therapy, something I have always wanted to do and thought I could do to fit in with the children.

We are going away to the caravan for a long weekend at bank holiday which I can not wait for. x

Afternoon all!! Have been reading posts all morning, but can't reply from my phone...

Congrats to Mordino and Lovin_it!!

Danielle, not sure what to expect from one big antenatal class, mine were lots of hour long ones... hope it's fun!!

Zoe, not sure an eviction notice will do the job!! 6 days over now, and went +12 last time then induced, so not expecting much to happen soon!

Had a quiet day from bubs yesterday, but lots more movement today, so that's good. Head is stll SO high he/she flips from side to side depending on which side I lie down on... No worrying about cord prolapse if my waters go - if it's not one thing it's another!

Nikki, hope this is the start of something for you!!

We've been out to St George's Market this morning, I got to have yummy crepe with chocolate and marshmallow. And then to the chinese supermarket, got my green papaya, so hopefully the special latex in that will spark something off!! But I'm promising myself not to get too hung up on it...
Just watching some Charlie and Lola with Charlotte then we're both having a nap (whether she knows that yet or not!)

It should have been an hour a week, over 3week's, but because Mike works during the week, we went to the 3hour long one today!
God I was getting so uncomfy toward's the end :/
Changed my mind on a few thing's now I think!

I want him out! But I want him to do it himself! Miogster keeps saying we go get baby on thursday :wacko: how bizarre if it is thursday....not that late given we are nearly a week over now! :dohh:

That would be kinda cool!! DH predicted 9 Aug for me, so that would be Monday...

Well they do say Moggy that the children know, well lets see if he is right.

HWM - Been trying to keep my self busy. I had PND with E and this time I have been much more down from the begining. Looking into doing an NVQ in beauty therapy, something I have always wanted to do and thought I could do to fit in with the children.

We are going away to the caravan for a long weekend at bank holiday which I can not wait for. x

NVQ sounds like a great idea. You can practice on me :) I had PND too, at least they said it was, but it wasn't til she was 10 months old? Jealous of minibreak too! DH doesn't get the bank hol :(

It should have been an hour a week, over 3week's, but because Mike works during the week, we went to the 3hour long one today!
God I was getting so uncomfy toward's the end :/
Changed my mind on a few thing's now I think!

Good then? Long stretch, but at least it was informative!

DH has been 'camera shopping' all afternoon, told me he'd be an hour later home than us, he's still out at 5.20, we were home at midday! Ah well, it means I might actually be IN a photo from now instead of just taking them!!

I had sweep number one today, which was quite uncomfortable to be honest. Apparently she couldn't quite reach my cervix as it was tucked back, and she couldnt' get to it because the baby's head is so low?! As such she said the very low head is really positive, and I've got to go back for a 2nd one on Mon to see if she can reach the cervix.

Induction is now booked for Thurs, when I'll only be 41+4...but they don't do them on weekends and they're really busy. Fingers crossed she gets going before then!

hey everyone. ive missed so much. congrats on the births, not been able to look through everything since i last posted because i was sent back to hospital on 4th. baby is fine. hes doing better than me. my midwife came out to check on us both, but my blood pressure rocketed again. so she sent me to an emergency doctor and he referred me straight to the hospital (HDU). i had to have more blood pressure checks, blood tests to check everything, temp checks etc, and omg i had to have a catheta put back in to keep an eye on my urine intake/outtake, it was horrible. im still bruised from the blood tests when i was first in hospital. anyway, i had to stay in. i stayed in HDU for 24hours, they put me on Nifedipine 10mg to stablize my blood pressure. i constantly got woken up for checks etc, and i had around 4-5 doctors coming in at like 3am to talk crap about things, i felt like a freak show, i just wanted to rest. then in the morning when my husband turned up with my son to visit me the doctors and midwives wouldnt give me straight answers about if i could go home or not, or if the tablets were working or not. then about 4pm came and they told me i could go up to the ward finally but have to stay in for another 24hours at least to check if the tablets were actually working. i got put into a side room so i was grateful coz it wouldnt be fair putting me on a ward with mothers and babies when i have to watch my son go home without me. but they left the crib in the room all night and day with me, i felt so emotional looking at an empty crib, i just wanted to get home to my baby. how can i bond with him when hes not with me.....but obviously the doctors/midwives dont care about that. well i carried on having my blood pressure checked all night and morning, i carried on taking my tablets and then finally at 10am yesterday i was told i could go home and take some tablets with me. i waited 3 hours for my paperwork to be finished......annoying!!!! as soon as i got home i just went straight to my boy, he looked peaceful but i just wanted to hold him. i missed him so much. last night was so nice to be back with my husband, getting cuddles instead of lying in a bed alone. was strange waking up to cries and then having to feed my baby but eventually i got used to it. midwife came to check my blood pressure this afternoon and its ok, she didnt have the right cuff size for my arm so it was higher than it would have been with the right cuff but shes made a note of that in my maternity book, shes hoping to get the right size for tomorrow. i hope she does because i dont want to go back in to hospital. i WILL NOT leave my lil family again. i know these tablets are working. i have to take them for 7 days then have 2 days off them and then see my doctor on the 16th to have a chat about my blood pressure and the tablets. in the meantime i have a midwife coming out to me every day. i wanted to register the baby on 10th but looks like i cant now because i have to wait in for the midwife, they never tell you what time theyre coming and they dont even call before they turn up. its frustrating. i havent been out the house since 29th july, the only times ive seen the outside world is when i look out the window or each time i had to get in/out a car to and from the hospital. not exactly nice being in. i dont want to end up depressed. so i think i will have to have a little walk out there soon, even if its just to the park for abit.

anyway, im off now. long post over again lol. my husband is watching a football match, his team are playing. theyve just scored and hes just shouted with excitement lol, but the baby just jumped......bless him. ive gave him a warning to stay quiet-ish. :rofl:

oh i forgot to mention, the reason my blood pressure had rocketed is because i now have severe post partum pre-eclampsia....sucks. i didnt realize how ill i was until i came home because of how different i feel now. i guess you just dont like to admit how ill you are but it can come back to bite you in the ass....pride is such a bad thing sometimes.

hey everyone. ive missed so much. congrats on the births, not been able to look through everything since i last posted because i was sent back to hospital on 4th. baby is fine. hes doing better than me. my midwife came out to check on us both, but my blood pressure rocketed again. so she sent me to an emergency doctor and he referred me straight to the hospital (HDU). i had to have more blood pressure checks, blood tests to check everything, temp checks etc, and omg i had to have a catheta put back in to keep an eye on my urine intake/outtake, it was horrible. im still bruised from the blood tests when i was first in hospital. anyway, i had to stay in. i stayed in HDU for 24hours, they put me on Nifedipine 10mg to stablize my blood pressure. i constantly got woken up for checks etc, and i had around 4-5 doctors coming in at like 3am to talk crap about things, i felt like a freak show, i just wanted to rest. then in the morning when my husband turned up with my son to visit me the doctors and midwives wouldnt give me straight answers about if i could go home or not, or if the tablets were working or not. then about 4pm came and they told me i could go up to the ward finally but have to stay in for another 24hours at least to check if the tablets were actually working. i got put into a side room so i was grateful coz it wouldnt be fair putting me on a ward with mothers and babies when i have to watch my son go home without me. but they left the crib in the room all night and day with me, i felt so emotional looking at an empty crib, i just wanted to get home to my baby. how can i bond with him when hes not with me.....but obviously the doctors/midwives dont care about that. well i carried on having my blood pressure checked all night and morning, i carried on taking my tablets and then finally at 10am yesterday i was told i could go home and take some tablets with me. i waited 3 hours for my paperwork to be finished......annoying!!!! as soon as i got home i just went straight to my boy, he looked peaceful but i just wanted to hold him. i missed him so much. last night was so nice to be back with my husband, getting cuddles instead of lying in a bed alone. was strange waking up to cries and then having to feed my baby but eventually i got used to it. midwife came to check my blood pressure this afternoon and its ok, she didnt have the right cuff size for my arm so it was higher than it would have been with the right cuff but shes made a note of that in my maternity book, shes hoping to get the right size for tomorrow. i hope she does because i dont want to go back in to hospital. i WILL NOT leave my lil family again. i know these tablets are working. i have to take them for 7 days then have 2 days off them and then see my doctor on the 16th to have a chat about my blood pressure and the tablets. in the meantime i have a midwife coming out to me every day. i wanted to register the baby on 10th but looks like i cant now because i have to wait in for the midwife, they never tell you what time theyre coming and they dont even call before they turn up. its frustrating. i havent been out the house since 29th july, the only times ive seen the outside world is when i look out the window or each time i had to get in/out a car to and from the hospital. not exactly nice being in. i dont want to end up depressed. so i think i will have to have a little walk out there soon, even if its just to the park for abit.

anyway, im off now. long post over again lol. my husband is watching a football match, his team are playing. theyve just scored and hes just shouted with excitement lol, but the baby just jumped......bless him. ive gave him a warning to stay quiet-ish. :rofl:

oh i forgot to mention, the reason my blood pressure had rocketed is because i now have severe post partum pre-eclampsia....sucks. i didnt realize how ill i was until i came home because of how different i feel now. i guess you just dont like to admit how ill you are but it can come back to bite you in the ass....pride is such a bad thing sometimes.

sweetie (((((angelmyky))))) :hugs: poor you!! at least you're home now with all your family around you

Afternoon ladies hope we are all ok.

Have read over the posts but my brain isnt really working too well. Feeling really down today I keep telling myself that baby will come when she is ready to and its not even my due date untill Wed but Im getting really fed up of the constant pain im in coming and going and the nausea and bm's and everything. Doesn't help that DH keeps saying hurry up and have this baby will you, doesnt he think if it was that easy I would be doing?! I know he's ready now too just like me but I dont need constantly telling, especially as theres a chance I'll go overdue again and my body wont work and I'll have to be induced again :( :cry: Sorry for the down post just needed to let it all out x

Have read over the posts but my brain isnt really working too well. Feeling really down today I keep telling myself that baby will come when she is ready to and its not even my due date untill Wed but Im getting really fed up of the constant pain im in coming and going and the nausea and bm's and everything. Doesn't help that DH keeps saying hurry up and have this baby will you, doesnt he think if it was that easy I would be doing?! I know he's ready now too just like me but I dont need constantly telling, especially as theres a chance I'll go overdue again and my body wont work and I'll have to be induced again :( :cry: Sorry for the down post just needed to let it all out x

:hugs::hugs::hugs: I know how you feel hun, I'm only 1 day over but after having soooooooo many promising signs last week I thought just maybe this lil one will come out on his own (last two were induced:( ) but it all stopped and now nothing! I'm sure that's why I'm feeling so impatient so early.
I hope your LO gets moving soon for you :dust::dust::dust:

:hugs: hun, I am feeling in a similar mood!
I am not due for another week yet, but with last nights events and then the cramping thru the day today, I really thought something would have happened by now! :cry:
I feel bad wanting labour to start as there are ladies who are overdue waiting also, but I hate that My body seems to enjoy teasing me!

I Do have the most deep backache tho, and sharp twinging pain in my abdomen, so ya never know!
I hope we're all labouring away very soon, esp all those of you lovely ladies who have reached and passed your due dates x

Not long for us now untill we're snuggling our babies!

Ooooo and a Happy P.s. My back up sitter for Riley has her daughter out of hospital after a very successful Apendisectomy, and she is recovering really well! AND she has said that she is more than happy to take Riley for us while I am in Labour! :happydance:
I feel terrible imposing on her after she's had a tough few days, but she didnt even think twice before offering her help! Made me feel a MILLION times better because I was genuinely starting to stress that I would be in labour on my own the way things were going!

Thanks for the hugs ladies :)

Mercy I know, I feel bad moaning when there are all the overdue ladies about but I cant help it. It would be a lot easier if my body didnt give me any symptoms like last time that way I could just get on so to speak. But the aching and cramps and backache and everything else keep building up then just kaput go and its that, thats worse!

I have jellybeans and galaxy though so all is not too bad with the world :)

Oooo Jelly beans and Galaxy!! sounds like FAB therapy to me! I have half a box of Ferrero Rocher and a bag of minstrels myself! I plan to sit and munch my way thru and Sit with fingers crossed for us all x x

I have maltesers but would still rather have Moglet out :dohh: From a 35 weeker first time around I am starting to think maybe Im not going to have Moglet instead there is an ELEPHANT in there :rofl: week overdue tomorrow but am determined to wait him out if they let me now.....still clinging to the hope Mogster got it right that hes coming on thursday.....

Ok...wondering if you can offer a bit of advice!

My hands and feet have suddenly just swollen and I swear my face has too. I feel a little bit sick with a headache coming on and getting pins and needles in my arm.

I had pre-eclampsia in my last pregnancy and am being monitored for it this time around. Not sure if I should ring the midwife and talk to her about it, or go out for my meal with Kev and see how I am when I get back? Table isn't booked til 8 so shall I just hold out and see what the next half hour brings :shrug:

I'd ring hun especially if its jsut come on all of a sudden and you suffered from pre eclampsia last time.

Thanks Lliena Its all just died down now? I can put my shoes back on?!?! Going to take my MW notes with me just in case it happens again.

Kev thinks I'm feeling sick cos I've only eaten a piece of toast today. Will keep my eye on it, we won't be out for too long I don't think...I'll speak to you later x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->