****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Ahhh I just need to have a bit of a rant as my body is playing tricks on me. Last night I had 4 good, strong contractions complete with back pain at 11:19, 11:29, 11:39 and 11:49...but to no avail!! After the 4th one they just stopped :( I was getting sooooo excited and then afterwords I stomped off and had a break down. I'm feeling a bit better today but I just don't like getting my hopes up like that!

morning ladies, I feel like I have missed sooo much with my internet playing up I didnt get on here since I posted yesterday morning!! Congratulations on the new mummies, there are some gorgeous pics appearing of these babies and its making me sooooo broody.

My DH finished decorating our bedroom yesterday and put the crib up so we are all ready on that front.

It was really nice yesterday coz my son stayed over at my mums which he hasnt done for ages so me and DH had a quiet evening in and they have taken him to some farm today so I have some time to relax :)

I had a lie in and then woke up and had a real bad shooting pain in my lady bits, and thought nooo not this morning lol I want my chill out time lol. Nothing since though so just more of body getting ready.

Have had a productive morning, I have done a massive food shop online so thats coming tomorrow, hoping it will be the last one before baby comes (wishful thinking) :)

Baby has been quite quiet the last few days, have still been feeling her move but just not as much as usual, she is normally such a fidget bum!! lol. Every time I think, hmm maybe I should get checked out, she has a wriggle so I duno :shrug:

Melissa take hope frrom that :hugs: your body is almost there...as my MW said your body is on the edge and just cant decide whether to make the jump or not. It will happen soon :hugs:

just had a peek in Tiff's (Kelly9) journal... was 5cm dilated a few hours ago - not long before the next August baby then!!

Come on all the other overdue LOs your turn next!

Good luck to the ladies with appointments today. :hugs:

:dust: to Tiff!

Big congrats to the mummies who have had their beautiful little bundles. :flower:

I got upset with a movie yesterday.... first I was angry and then balling! My DH was a little worried :dohh: There was a preggers lady in the movie, and her pregnancy lasted all of about 1 hour! I know it was silly to be upset but they make it seem like it is such a short time from conception to birth. Obviously I know they aren't going to make a movie last 9 months just to include a pregnancy but the fact that they jumped from not preggo to 3 mths to 5 mths to 8 mths to birth really annoyed me for some reason! And then I started crying cuz I want my baby now. Pathetic :haha: feel much better this morning but no doubt hubby thinks I'm a nutter now!

I'm into single digits!! Hopefully something will happen in the next 9 days....

Something I read and was thinking about, all you ladies that are over (you don't have to answer just mentioning it) are your regular cycles longer than 27 days? I can't remember where I read it but there was an article about how due dates are based on the average woman's cycle but clearly not everyone's cycles are that length, so some people who go a few days/weeks before may start off with shorter cycles and those who go over may have longer cycles... Anyway thought it was interesting, it was just a bunch of ifs and maybes...just like almost everything pregnancy related.

:hugs:

I have had very little movement today, the odd light squiggle and that's it. I don't know whether I should call the MWs/unit or not, I was only in for a sweep this morning and her heart rate was fine so it seems a bit silly. I am quite achy now, with this really odd, really tender/sore spot on my bump at the top, what do people think?

hi ladies hope your all ok..i havnt been on for about a week..but i sure miss all the moaning of the aches and pains lol!!
the babies are coming fast now!!
congrats to all new mummys and best of luck to those waiting to deliver
xxxxx

well court went better then expected! But my worrying is far from over :(
Oh and I think I scared the solicitor :/ got a really strong painfull BH when we was speaking to her, and she must have seen me react to it.

Good luck to the ladies with appointments today. :hugs:

:dust: to Tiff!

Big congrats to the mummies who have had their beautiful little bundles. :flower:

I got upset with a movie yesterday.... first I was angry and then balling! My DH was a little worried :dohh: There was a preggers lady in the movie, and her pregnancy lasted all of about 1 hour! I know it was silly to be upset but they make it seem like it is such a short time from conception to birth. Obviously I know they aren't going to make a movie last 9 months just to include a pregnancy but the fact that they jumped from not preggo to 3 mths to 5 mths to 8 mths to birth really annoyed me for some reason! And then I started crying cuz I want my baby now. Pathetic :haha: feel much better this morning but no doubt hubby thinks I'm a nutter now!

I'm into single digits!! Hopefully something will happen in the next 9 days....

Something I read and was thinking about, all you ladies that are over (you don't have to answer just mentioning it) are your regular cycles longer than 27 days? I can't remember where I read it but there was an article about how due dates are based on the average woman's cycle but clearly not everyone's cycles are that length, so some people who go a few days/weeks before may start off with shorter cycles and those who go over may have longer cycles... Anyway thought it was interesting, it was just a bunch of ifs and maybes...just like almost everything pregnancy related.

:hugs:

My cycles were pretty regular around 28 days, and I definitely ovulated on schedule with this pregnancy, so my due date is pretty accurate. But I know what you're saying...if you ovulated late then you're EDD may be too early if it's based on a 28-day cycle.

My cycles are usually 29 days. Sometimes 30. My EDD based on LMP (what the mw is going by) is Aug. 23rd. If my EDD was based on ovulation (and growth scan, they were both the same) it would be August 25th. Guess only time will tell!

OMG don't say that about blinking cycles etc... I lost an ovary just over 2 years ago and mine were ever they felt like it! From 4 weeks to 6 weeks...I don't want to wait forever :cry: LOL!

I know some have mentioned about LO movements slowing down/not very much etc...I'd speak to your midwife if you're concerned. I know I wouldn't be able to settle until I had it checked out personally!

Melissa If only pregnancy was that easy eh! I think I'd probably start throwing popcorn at the screen if it was me :haha:

Thanks for the updates on Tiff - please keep them coming!

Danielle Glad court went ok! Hope it continues!

Mercy How did the sweep and that go?

Has anyone heard how JASMAK is getting on or in touch with her? Please let her know we are thinking of her and hope shes ok!

How is everyone else getting on? Apart from wanting to rip Kev's head off because he's just annoying me (not really his fault but still...), I'm fine if a little annoyed at the endless 'baby here yet?' messages and wondering if I'm going to have a due date baby tomorrow or joining Lucys 'Most overdue' club? Me thinks the latter! Probably be Friday the 13th!!!

Lou x

OMG don't say that about blinking cycles etc... I lost an ovary just over 2 years ago and mine were ever they felt like it! From 4 weeks to 6 weeks...I don't want to wait forever :cry: LOL!

I know some have mentioned about LO movements slowing down/not very much etc...I'd speak to your midwife if you're concerned. I know I wouldn't be able to settle until I had it checked out personally!

Melissa If only pregnancy was that easy eh! I think I'd probably start throwing popcorn at the screen if it was me :haha:

Thanks for the updates on Tiff - please keep them coming!

Danielle Glad court went ok! Hope it continues!

Mercy How did the sweep and that go?

Has anyone heard how JASMAK is getting on or in touch with her? Please let her know we are thinking of her and hope shes ok!

How is everyone else getting on? Apart from wanting to rip Kev's head off because he's just annoying me (not really his fault but still...), I'm fine if a little annoyed at the endless 'baby here yet?' messages and wondering if I'm going to have a due date baby tomorrow or joining Lucys 'Most overdue' club? Me thinks the latter! Probably be Friday the 13th!!!

Lou x

Yep went good, get's to see her 2hour's a week, but its with the "mate" EX wanted it with her or the mate, and OH would have happily done it either, but I wouldn't have coped if it was with EX, so put my foot down, would have made me feel llike they was playing happy famillies. I'm not happy that it's with the mate and EX can turn up at any time...but nothing I can do about it :(
I mentioned what he suggested age's ago about changing my name to his, so that we all had same name on BC and he just shrugged his shoulder's at it :/

Felt crappy alday about it and had to fight back tear's, but ohwel, not that I matter to much to him, never see him lately anyway, he come's in has tea, goes out into shed, come's in watches tv, goes to bed. Doesn't cuddle me, hug me or anything.
Said his ex was horribly huge, but she wasn't much bigger then what I was before I fell pregnant! :(

Foosh, what movie was it? that would be kinda hard to deal with, think I'd better avoid that scenario until the baby is on the outside!
My cycle is pretty much bang on 28 days, so don't know about that, however the one before last was a few days longer, but I don't know!!
Danielle sounds positive and at least he's not seeing his DD with his ex... as for his behaviour at the minute have you tried to talk to him about how it's making you feel? It could be (as it was with my DH) that he's just retreated in to himself as he's feeling unsure about the changes that are about to happen...
Lou, you due tomorrow then? There's worse things than Friday 13th I'm sure, not sure what they are right now though!

Well DH putting DD to bed so I'm catching up on here...

Magpies, someone saw 4 on Sat and decided I was having aboy, then this morning there were 4 in the garden, and tonight there were 4 on the roof!!

And we have a HUGE spider in our living room right now... just going to keep an eye on it it's so high up I couldn't reach it to put it outside if I wanted to!!

Foosh, what movie was it? that would be kinda hard to deal with, think I'd better avoid that scenario until the baby is on the outside!
My cycle is pretty much bang on 28 days, so don't know about that, however the one before last was a few days longer, but I don't know!!
Danielle sounds positive and at least he's not seeing his DD with his ex... as for his behaviour at the minute have you tried to talk to him about how it's making you feel? It could be (as it was with my DH) that he's just retreated in to himself as he's feeling unsure about the changes that are about to happen...
Lou, you due tomorrow then? There's worse things than Friday 13th I'm sure, not sure what they are right now though!

Well DH putting DD to bed so I'm catching up on here...

Magpies, someone saw 4 on Sat and decided I was having aboy, then this morning there were 4 in the garden, and tonight there were 4 on the roof!!

And we have a HUGE spider in our living room right now... just going to keep an eye on it it's so high up I couldn't reach it to put it outside if I wanted to!!

Could be with his EX tho, she can turn up anytime, just like I could and she's the sort of person to turn up.
Tried talking to him, he's been like it for a few month's. Doesn't help that i'v alway's felt shit about my body, and now i'm huge I feel worse, and his comment about his ex just made me feel even worse.
Watched what he want's now back out into shed he goes! might aswel just be his house maid :mad:

well ladies this is my fairwell won't have time in morning to check in and my bump buddy isn't on line at the mo so next time i speak i'll be a mama :cloud9:

Lucy Yep, I'm due tomorrow! And I think I'll definately see it this time! :happydance: I've been quite positive and just mentally preparing myself for the fact I could very well go two weeks over!!! Yeah there are other things worse than Friday 13th!

Danielle Go drag his arse out of there and tell him you both need to spend some time together while you bloody can...don't take no for an answer!

Bloody men eh!

Ooh Flutter good luck - if you need a bump buddy, you can text me if you want to?

Lucy Yep, I'm due tomorrow! And I think I'll definately see it this time! :happydance: I've been quite positive and just mentally preparing myself for the fact I could very well go two weeks over!!! Yeah there are other things worse than Friday 13th!

Danielle Go drag his arse out of there and tell him you both need to spend some time together while you bloody can...don't take no for an answer!

Bloody men eh!

I haven't got energy for that :/ I'v thought about changing lock on it, and banning him from it, but then he'd have arse on, plus he keeps his bike in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->