****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

My beautiful Emily is finally here!! she was born last Saturday 7 th August and she was 6lb8 at 38 weeks 4 days Thanks Melmalta

MOGGY

congrats hun!!! 10lb 2oz - that makes my eyes water!!! haha, abby was 9,10 and came out swinging a cane so i take my hat off to you for cooking that bun!!! lovely name choice too :D xx

congratulations Spiderspinz!!!

i'm off to get ready for the midwife now! could happily got to bed tho, but that's not going to happen. Taking my self so even more venturing out on my own in the car :) Might nip to get cot mattress after too, but need to ring to see if it's come instore first and might leave it until tomorrow, so I have somewhere to go on my own tomorrow :)
I'll just get confident in going out on my own and Henry will come along and i'll be staying in for abit, and be back at square one.

No I think it's really good to get out on your own now, it'll give you the confidence when Henry is here - I remember my first trip out on my own with C - we went to mothercare - didn't need anything, I just knew there was a changing room, loos and feeding room, so I felt fairly 'safe' there!

My beautiful Emily is finally here!! she was born last Saturday 7 th August and she was 6lb8 at 38 weeks 4 days Thanks Melmalta

Congratulations!

abby was 9,10 and came out swinging a cane so i take my hat off to you for cooking that bun!!! lovely name choice too :D xx

:haha:

Tell you what my tum feels like right now (now I've thought about it) - like I need a giant crap, but there's nothing doing in the department... grrr... C in bed, nap time for me :)

melmelta conngratulations! :)

HWM, that's why i wanted to get my confidence back before Henry came along, i'v only just thought tho, it will be my luck to go into labour or my water's to brake while i'm out and about on my own!
I think our first trip out as just me and H, will be to a shopping centre like meadowhall! Even if I don't need anything, wont hurt for me to have a wonder around.

i think i'm going to get told off by the midwife again! Last time (TMI) she told me the colour of my urine looked like I was dehydrated...and it's same this week! But all I have done to day is drink, wee, drink, wee :/ I couldn't drink anymore today, even if I wanted to!

Tell you what my tum feels like right now (now I've thought about it) - like I need a giant crap, but there's nothing doing in the department... grrr... C in bed, nap time for me :)

:haha::haha::haha:so nicely put!! im eating my lunch :haha::haha::haha:

We had our beautiful baby girl on August 2nd. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 18 3/4 inches.

Hi, my yellow bundle turned pink on 7th Aug, weighing 8lb 5oz

Baby Jack born 9th August at 21.50pm weighing 10lb 2oz - only 8 days late but worth every minute :happydance:

I had my baby on the 28th july If you could update first page not quiet a august baby but he was due on the 1st :)

WOW! Congrats ladies!

Wooo Happy due date to meeeeeeeeeeeeee! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Yay Lliena!! You are exactly a week a head of me.

Went to the doc yesterday, waited over 45 mins (usually it's in and out but they just got back from vacation) and was in the office for all of 2 minutes! Gah! I hate that, at least it wasn't as bad as the 3 hr wait I had once but it is annoying especially having to go every week.... :dohh: BP normal, baby's HB normal, no internal as he was busy, next appointment next week (39+6) and the doc also mentioned he is on call this weekend, so if I do go early at least I will get my own doc!

I kinda feel the same HWM... and really I am sick of having to go no2! I am a very regular person to begin with (sorry TMI and more coming) going on average twice a day but this last week I have been going no2 at least 4 times a day....A DAY!! :growlmad: I want normal back :cry:

moggy big congratulations!

Lliena happy due date

Congrats westbrja , Spiderspinz, linsg & Youngling
and anyone else I missed!!

well i'm back :D Little monkey's still free, but still head down, so she's not concerned :) Measuring spot on for week's.
she's told me to have a epidural if i'm worried about the pain...told her way I see it is i'll have a day or so of being in pain, yet a lifetime of joy! I want to try and have as little pain relief as possible.

well i'm back :D Little monkey's still free, but still head down, so she's not concerned :) Measuring spot on for week's.
she's told me to have a epidural if i'm worried about the pain...told her way I see it is i'll have a day or so of being in pain, yet a lifetime of joy! I want to try and have as little pain relief as possible.

id say go with the flow with the pain relief, if you dont need it, GREAT, if you do need it then have it. I didnt want one but ended up after so many hours of not progressing much, begging for it :haha: was soooo much easier after that!

Congrats on the new mummies and their babies since I came on earlier, 2 more have been updated, cant blink these days without babies appearing :rofl: is it my turn yet??? :shrug:

I'm not saying I won't have it, just not saying I will, it's going to be one of those thing's where it will be decided in the moment. If I say oh I defiantly dont want it, i'll feel i'v let my self down if I had it, so I just say i'm going to try and go with out it aslong as I can.

hey, its absolutly pissing down here !! mum took hj to nursery but i hav to take ella docs at 11 so im hoping it stops by then !!

hope your all good, iv been reading but my memories rubbish...... x

congrats n hugs where appropriate !! cant wait to get my regular brain back so i can form some kind of opinion again :)

love to ladies, bumps, babies, n families....... x

me + three

xxxx

God the rain was terrible yesterday wasnt it?

Afternoon ladies!!
I'm so proud of my self :D It sound's really daft like but i'v managed to go out on my own :) OK it was only to MIL's house but it's the first time i'v drove on my own for age's!! I usually start panicing when i go out in the car on my own so not done it in month's, but today, thought sod it, im not sitting around the house on my own thinking stuff that's going to get me down...so off I went :) Reminded me how much I actually love driving :D

Go you, few more trips and you wont think anything of it

Yey Moggy that came from nowhere, gives me hope it can just happen :D I have been washing cloth nappies all day that the postman brought me look:

https://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/somekinda-freak/100820101351.jpg

:happydance: :happydance:

:thumbup:

ohhhh im due on the 27th of this month!!!

Oh and I've finally packed my hospital bag :happydance::happydance:

Just packed?! I'd be going crazy :wacko:

WoopWoop! on packing the Hospital bag too Babyfrance x x Mine has been repacked and unpacked and repacked lol! I think I need to astop fretting and STEP AWAY FROM THE BAG now hahaha!

My baby sister is the one who's drove me insane! I've had at least 2/3 text's a day since last week saying 'any signs?'...'any twinges' etc, etc.. I wouldn't mind but she's on our phonecall list to look after Jacob so its not like she wouldn't know first anyway!!

She said yesterday that 'I've had enough of waiting now Louise, I'm getting very impatient and think you should have the baby now'. I had to smile through gritted teeth!!

And after her 7am message again this morning, I sent her one back saying, no, no signs. How about we go back to me ringing you when I'm in labour because if you ring me again you will die!!

Bless her x

:haha:

Baby Jack Luca born on 09/08/10 at 11.24am weighing 7lb 8 and a half oz
xx

Congratulations x

baby zachary born on 8/8 10pm weighing 7 10

(skipped over from july babys as went years overdue)

Congratulations x

We had our beautiful baby girl on August 2nd. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 18 3/4 inches. Thanks so much and congrats to all the new mommies!

Congratulations x What did you call her hon?

Hi, my yellow bundle turned pink on 7th Aug, weighing 8lb 5oz

Xxx

Congratulations :happydance:

What did you call her?

Wooo Happy due date to meeeeeeeeeeeeee! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Happy due date sweetie xxxxx

Baby Jack born 9th August at 21.50pm weighing 10lb 2oz - only 8 days late but worth every minute :happydance:

Congrats to all other new mummies and I hope the overdue Mummies get to meet their little ones soon :hugs:

Fab news, congratulations george :kiss:

We had our beautiful baby girl on August 2nd. She weighed 6lbs 2oz and was 18 3/4 inches. Thanks so much and congrats to all the new mommies!

:happydance: congrats hun

Lliena, I have a date for Sunday, but I'm going to ask MW today about what needs to happen if I decide to wait, adn then also what happens if I chnage my mind back again!! Lou, yes hopefully a sweep this morning - and a slightly more useful one lsat week (Cx high, thick and 1-2cm last week) so we'll see! Oh and happy due date for tomorrow Lliena!
Engagement ring sounds good Lou :) Oh, and no action with green papya salad...
Nik, chilled evening sounds good shame on the lack of cheesecake! We have lunch in Ikea yestrerday and I was gutted they didn't have in the white choc and raspberry cheesecake I had last week! Oh and Ilove the sound of that status, gofor it! I just wouldn't be brave enough! In fairness it's only my cousin that's been bothering me with messages and the n only every other day or so...

Youngling, beatnick, westbrja, linsg congratulations!! :happydance: can I be next pleeeease!

Danielle, hope it's not a cold coming on... I have MW too this morning, and luckily C decided to get dressed herself nice and early, and I'm dressed too - I'm a skank and skipped my shower as we're going swimming afterwards, don't see the point in showering twice :blush: I also feel a bit like a cold coming on, sore throat when I swallow etc, here's hoping neither of us are struck down!

So like I said, MW this morning, then swimming - I'm a weeee bit worried sweep will dislodgesomething which could be awkward at the swimming pool - do you think it's OK to use a tampon for just a couple of hours?

Hope Swimming goes ok, I wouldnt bother with the tampon! I am sure you'll be ok! Booo to No cheesecake in Ikea too! I LOVE the strawberry tarts they had in there last time I went! we'll be going for a few bits of furniture soonish so I can see a trip to the cafe coming on lol. Good luck for the Midwife today! I think it'd be great if you were next! :thumbup: :flower:

Congrats to all other new mummies and I hope the overdue Mummies get to meet their little ones soon :hugs:

Check you out Missus!!!! Congratulations! I am So pleased for you! :flower:
I love the name Jack too! :happydance:

AFM, Well had a disturbed nights sleep as there were some STOOPID cats hollering outside our window, Mat went down to try and shoo them away, and he said they were laid on their backs looking like they were drunk blokes, singing and wailing at each other in the bush outside our house haha! made me giggle, but I did end up throwing water out the window at them haha!

Have some very sharp twingy backache this morning, so thats a whole new pain for me haha! the fun never ends! Feeling pretty good tho! although I have had 2 texts already asking am I in labour lol, and its only half 9!!!! :dohh:

Had a really good long bounce on the birth ball last night, and feel like bubs is even lower today! I am waddling like I have something shoved up my bottom this morning, lol. Mat says I look like a duck! NICE!!!:wacko:

Might venture out to our mums and tots group this morning! although if I am goin I should be gettin ready now instead of sitting on here lol!

Have a lovely morning guys x and lets get popping babies out x[/QUOTE]

You do make me laugh

Hey girls,

moggy big congratulations! Love the name Jack and wow 10lb!!!! Super pusher or what! xx

Lliena happy due date to you! x

mercy lets hope the cat does one so you can get a better nights sleep tonight, if not get some bricks and aim close to their bottoms! Watch em run then!

Hwm, fingers crossed the sweep is the start of something, that combined with a swim hopefully may ease LO out! x

Congratulations to all the other mommies who have had their babies!

Afm, well i miss being pregnant! :-(. I know i moaned but now i just look at my saggy belly and miss my little table i had going on.
Peter is growing like a good en. He now weighs 8lb 4! So the mw has discharged us this morning. However i know have thrush! Sods law i get something.

Hope everyone has a good day though

xxx

Oh thrush not nice, hope it clears up real soon xx

Happy due date Lliena!!! :D
Congrats on the arrivals of your little ones westbrja and linsg!!!

AFM had my sweep yesterday and nothing yet...DH and I had :sex: last night to try and speed things along...might go for a long walk today. If it doesn't happen today I'm going into the hospital tonight to get the gel inserted to help me dilate....then my induction is scheduled for Friday...but I think I might request to have it pushed back if all is fine, I really want a natural birth!

Fingers crossed wont be long x

I had my baby on the 28th july If you could update first page not quiet a august baby but he was due on the 1st :)

Well done hon. What did you call him and how much did he weigh?

:happydance:

I'm not saying I won't have it, just not saying I will, it's going to be one of those thing's where it will be decided in the moment. If I say oh I defiantly dont want it, i'll feel i'v let my self down if I had it, so I just say i'm going to try and go with out it aslong as I can.

Go with the flow hon. I asked for an epidural but Si talked me out of it but talked me through the pain as I would have felt like I'd let my self down cos deep down I knew I could do it xx

Congratulations Spiderspinz!!

Melissa do thjey not count the gel as part of the indcution then? That would be considered induction of labour here I think - does that mean you get to go home? If I get a gel I have to stay in...

Anyway, back from MW, she wasn't going to do sweep as very busy clinic but did - still 1-2cm, Cx still posterior and uneffaced, but she said it was easier to reach than last week, and she could feel baby's head too... so a little more promising...

Anyway since then I've had tummy cramps again, but after my disillusionment in the dept after the attempt last week I'm not reading anything in to it.
Swim was good, went with the tampon, but wouldn't have needed it - made me feel more comfortable though...
Unfortunately it took over 10 mins to get C back to car afterwards, she took a major strop and wouldn't let go of the railing in the lift, then wanted carried which I just couldn't do, so she lay screaming in the carpark... got to the car eventually without having to give in and carry her... Squiglet on now, then a sleep for both of us, I'm shattered!

Yes I suppose then I'm getting induced tonight because I do have to stay over at the hospital while it's in. He said though that if it works and dilates my cervix 3 cm then I can go home and hope things progress but if nothing by Friday then I have to go on the drip (which I'm really hoping doesn't happen!!!) I just don't feel there's a need to rush things...even though I want this baby so much!!!

CONGRATS!!! xoxoxo

Congrats hun!!! Sounds perfect :)

There is some weeeiiiirrrrddd stuff going on in the 3rd tri forum today! :nope:

How is everyone doing in here? Usually there is a lot more chatter.... please don't tell me everyone is off having their babies and I am here alone! I will cry. The only ladies that get reprieve are the overdue ones!

I'm not having my baby yet!!! Just putting the finishing touches in my hospital bag for tonight. I figure I'll bring my hospital bag and then leave hubby's bag with the video camera and the diaper bag at home until (if!) I go into labour.

:happydance::happydance: you nicked my due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a whopper! Congrats babes xxx

There is some weeeiiiirrrrddd stuff going on in the 3rd tri forum today! :nope:

How is everyone doing in here? Usually there is a lot more chatter.... please don't tell me everyone is off having their babies and I am here alone! I will cry. The only ladies that get reprieve are the overdue ones!

Oh, honey, I'm still here...:haha:

Thats not saying much, I'm a quiet one most of the times. I'm sure I'll be the last one to go in August so you have one up on me! Ha ha!

You're right, its quiet, everyone's popping! I'm counting down the next 20 days!

Happy due date Lliena!!! :D
Congrats on the arrivals of your little ones westbrja and linsg!!!

AFM had my sweep yesterday and nothing yet...DH and I had :sex: last night to try and speed things along...might go for a long walk today. If it doesn't happen today I'm going into the hospital tonight to get the gel inserted to help me dilate....then my induction is scheduled for Friday...but I think I might request to have it pushed back if all is fine, I really want a natural birth!

Hope baby arrives soon hun x

Congratulations hun x

Congratulations Spiderspinz!!

Melissa do thjey not count the gel as part of the indcution then? That would be considered induction of labour here I think - does that mean you get to go home? If I get a gel I have to stay in...

Anyway, back from MW, she wasn't going to do sweep as very busy clinic but did - still 1-2cm, Cx still posterior and uneffaced, but she said it was easier to reach than last week, and she could feel baby's head too... so a little more promising...

Anyway since then I've had tummy cramps again, but after my disillusionment in the dept after the attempt last week I'm not reading anything in to it.
Swim was good, went with the tampon, but wouldn't have needed it - made me feel more comfortable though...
Unfortunately it took over 10 mins to get C back to car afterwards, she took a major strop and wouldn't let go of the railing in the lift, then wanted carried which I just couldn't do, so she lay screaming in the carpark... got to the car eventually without having to give in and carry her... Squiglet on now, then a sleep for both of us, I'm shattered!

Good sign that your cervix is moving round hun, I think a lot of people on here have been only slightly dialated and uneffaced only to go into spontanious labour soon after! So theres hope hun x x
Glad the swim was good, there must be something in the air for stroppy toddlers today, as Riley has been a little SOD all afternoon! I have never seen such strops from him! so lord knows what he is thinkin lol

Congratulations x

AFM, well, Today has brought with it a DEEP niggling back pain! that I have to say is altogethger a bit BLOODY OUCH!!! It must be bad as I have given into paracetamol! getting a lot of pressure in my lower back too, Just praying its not becasue bubs has switched to back-to-back!!! that would be crappy to say the least!
been on my ball but the pain hasnt eased much, I think a lovely bubbly bath and a snuggle on the sofa with hubby are in order tonight!
And perhaps a bit of yummy Cake! lol! I have been so naughty this past week or two with what I have eaten lol.
My friend came over this afternoon and Riley is all excited about going for a "sleepover" at her house when its time for labour! so thats a big weight off my mind now she is back!

Mat told me earlier that as I was half asleep and half awake this morning, I told him I would have the baby at 12 mins past 11 at night! lol HOW very random! I dont even remember saying it! heehee! pregnancy is taking over all states of my conciousness now it seems haha!
Hope everyones had a good day!

:haha::haha::haha:so nicely put!! im eating my lunch :haha::haha::haha:

Sorry Carolyn, should have had a TMI warning!! Not going though, just feelslike it :(

Went to the doc yesterday, waited over 45 mins (usually it's in and out but they just got back from vacation) and was in the office for all of 2 minutes! Gah! I hate that, at least it wasn't as bad as the 3 hr wait I had once but it is annoying especially having to go every week.... :dohh: BP normal, baby's HB normal, no internal as he was busy, next appointment next week (39+6) and the doc also mentioned he is on call this weekend, so if I do go early at least I will get my own doc!

I kinda feel the same HWM... and really I am sick of having to go no2! I am a very regular person to begin with (sorry TMI and more coming) going on average twice a day but this last week I have been going no2 at least 4 times a day....A DAY!! :growlmad: I want normal back :cry:

Normal would be good!! At least the whole appointment didn't take too long...

Yes I suppose then I'm getting induced tonight because I do have to stay over at the hospital while it's in. He said though that if it works and dilates my cervix 3 cm then I can go home and hope things progress but if nothing by Friday then I have to go on the drip (which I'm really hoping doesn't happen!!!) I just don't feel there's a need to rush things...even though I want this baby so much!!!

Ooh, that's exciting!! I think that'sreally good they'll let you go home for things to progress and you can labour in comfort... over here once you're in you're in, no going home until you've got the baby!! Good luck tonight!

Well I've been uncomfortable all afternoon, bad belly ache, as I said feels like I need to go no 2, but all I get is wind. not sure if there's anything there ornot, so I've taken some lactulose to see if that helps at all...

I'll keep my fingers crossed it's the start of something for you Lucy :D

Mercy, am so with you on the backache been having it on and off all day, sometimes it creeps round to the front and kinda squeezes me so I dunno if its a contraction or not :shrug: Also lost two big globs again of plug all green coloured. Have told myself am not getting excited till I have a set pattern of pain though so think I'll take a bath and relax tonight and see if anything further happens :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->