****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Carolyn :hugs: It must be hard being a single mum, I dont know how I would cope coz it was such a relief to be able to pass my son onto his daddy when he came home from work and I had had a bad day!! Dont ever feel bad about coming on here to have a rant though hon coz thats what we are here for xxxx

1:30am here, going to have my baby TODAY. Can't sleep though. Shocking! LOL! OMG...these last few hours are going to be torture. The air smells like smoke. Wondering if there is a forest fire nearby????

Danielle...men do have a tendancy not to listen lol...hope the carpet fitting went well. Our dog got flees real bad the year alfie was born and we had to take him out the house and literaly clean from top to bottom, it was a nightmare!! Sometimes even if they have the flea stuff it dont stop them. Strange though if your cats are house cate :wacko:

AFM, I had a lazy day with the in laws down yesterday, and managed to get through the day without too many sarky comments from her and then my internet was playing up again so I couldnt get on last night so nearly 24hours of BNB to catch up on lol...think 4 babies were announced in the time I was offline lol!! I was extremely achy yesterday, and had a few twinges that I thought - oohh what time is it, lets see if I get another one of those soon :wacko: but none of them turned into anything regular! Had an OK night sleep for the first half and then tossed and turned after getting up for my first toilet stop about 2ish.

Off to hatton county world with the family today so hopefully the walking around there will get something moving :D If not then maybe Ill get on the kitchen floor for a scrub :rofl:

Hope all is well with you today ladies xxx

OH hasn't complained about itching or anything since he came in from his shed yesturday afternoon, so all my cleaning and spraying must have done something! Plus the cat's seem abit happier, so hopefully i'm getting somewhere!
I'm thinking they came out of MIL's furniture we have in our conservatory, even tho her cat had the injection thing, her neighbour's cat always used to make him self comfy in there living room and he could have had them.

Had a bit of a moment yesterday that I forgot to mention to you lovely ladies! it made me giggle!!! I was sat out on the park with Riley an dMat, and had been sat in the hot sun for a good while! When I got up I felt something trickling at quite a speed down my leg! IMMEDIATELY I freaked and thought it was my waters! So I ran into my friends house and checked to find dry pants!!! It turned out Rileys water bottle had tipped over behind me and I hadnt realised and i had half a litre of mineral water pooled in my dress thus sending it running down my legs when I stood up lol!
Once the shock wore off I found the funny side haha!

Oooh that reminds me of the time Mike had put a bottle of water in my handbag and not fastened it properly, and I noticed a pool of water around my feet in pet's at home :/ got abit worried until I realised my jean's were wet in the wrong place.

1:30am here, going to have my baby TODAY. Can't sleep though. Shocking! LOL! OMG...these last few hours are going to be torture. The air smells like smoke. Wondering if there is a forest fire nearby????

Good luck hun i'm sure everything will go fine. I'd be so nervous yet so excited!

:hugs: Carolyn x

hope it all goes well tina, will be checking for an update as soon as ur hubby can get on fb :D xxxxxxxxxx

WARNING - RANT ALERT!!

im feeling very sorry for myself this morning so be warned before you read this!! i feel like i need a babble so it prob wont make much sense anyway haha...

Ailah (15days old) slept throught the night last night :thumbup:
so really i have nothing to moan about :blush: but she has colic... between 2 and 9 yesterday she literally screamed the house down! Abby had had a late night at her grannys on saturday (they know her routine and im sure they must realise now IS NOT the time to break it?!) so she was grumpy... ended up going to bed with no bath and no story :cry:

Anyway, i was loving sitting in bed this morning, cuddled up with my 2 girls :cloud9: then... Ailah fills a nappy and Abby starts screaming because she wants breakfast :wacko:

all in all my point is it bl**dy sucks being a single parent!! Yes i get all the best bits.. but it would be so nice to be able to elbow my beloved hubby and say "darling please clean up this exploding bottom so i can get Abby some breakfast" or "oh love of my life would you please watch these 2 beautiful girls so that i can have a bath that lasts longer than 2minutes and have a nap?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

ok im dont wallowing now just needed to get it out! In fairness FOB has been fab - he helps when he can but obv isnt here through the nights and is back to work now. If he hadn't been such an idiot i could have had my little family and that extra support that i could really use right now! Why do men have to be such twats? :growlmad:
That chapter of my life is well and truly closed...so now even when the girls are being angels and are fast asleep... i have to cuddle up on the sofa on my own :nope:

i have greasy hair and smell like baby spew! great way to start the day :D lol...
aaaah well better go sort the washing and do the dishes along with everything else...not like i got anyone else to guilt trip and argue with till they do it :(

:hugs: I can't even imagine. That would be hard.

hope it all goes well tina, will be checking for an update as soon as ur hubby can get on fb :D xxxxxxxxxx

Yes, I gave him instructions to come on as soon as he gets home, but, don't be surprised if my sister announces first, although, she is not supposed to. But, that would be totally her!:growlmad:

Tash is right Carolyn, thats what we are here for. We all need a rant sometimes. You're doing brilliantly. :hugs:

Tina how exciting, good luck chick xx

Morning Ladies! :wave:
Hope it all goes well today Jasmak, looking forward to hearing your news soon! And Congratulations to all the other new arrivals! I love seeing that number going up on the front page!
AFM, I am having a bit of a lazy morning, then taking Lucas out to a soft play area with some friends this afternoon.
Not sure what to do...I last saw my midwife at 36+4 and my next appointment with my midwife isn't till 39+4 now which just seems forever away! We do have a drop in session this afternoon and on a friday where if you have any worries you can go see a midwife. I don't really have any worries, feeling not too bad other that lack of sleep and indigestion!, but just would like to know my blood pressure is ok and for them to check my wee! Just in case! Do you think it would be ok for me to pop in? :shrug: Or am I wasting their time! I just think 3 weeks between appointments at this stage seems too long!!!

hi ladies please wish me luck as I am going to my appointment today and i am booked in for a sweep hope it works.... please keep me in your thoughts!! will updateonce i am back!

thanks in advancexx

Jasmak- good luck to u too!!

hi ladies please wish me luck as I am going to my appointment today and i am booked in for a sweep hope it works.... please keep me in your thoughts!! will updateonce i am back!

thanks in advancexx

Goodluck hun x

:( I have a home learning course, and i'v been trying for week's to try and work at it, and I just can't concentrate on it. My mind wonder's off to baby stuff.
It needs to be finished and passed by the 4th Sept. I have like months of work to do on it! What am I going to do :(

Ugh...3:30am STILL up. I think I might have a yeast infection! Great.

Good luck Jasmak :)

hope the sweep works for you happy mom

Carolyn sending you huge huggles, but you are doing a fantastic job! and feel free to rant as much as you want.

thanks in advancexx

Good luck hun. I had a sweep last monday and was in labour that evening and lil man was born the next day so they can work! xxx

thanks in advancexx

Off for my sweep now too! Hope it works for us both sweetie x

Ugh...3:30am STILL up. I think I might have a yeast infection! Great.

Oh no hun, Hopefully not! Good luck for today tho x x

I am a bit nervous now! just about to leave for my sweep! Just dont want to get my hopes up as I know they dont always work! Fingers crossed tho!

Big hugs for you Carolyn, :hugs:

Hope everyone has a good afternoon, will be back later to see if theres any niggles after the doc does her magic with her broom hahaha!

I am just back from my sweep. dr managed to doa sweep but she said after all this weeks of pain my cervix is only open 1 fingertip only.:cry: she is even more worried that for a week I have gained another more 4.4lbs and baby is getting bigger and bigger!! any how next appointmnet on next monday!!:cry::cry:

I hope mercy it works for u hun :hugs:

Congrats Deli on your baby boy!

:hugs: Carolyn, you are very strong!

Good luck Mercy and Jasmak!

Sorry to hear that Happy_Mom, all is not lost though. I know it's disappointing to hear but at least you are getting somewhere and the sweep could push it the rest of the way! :hugs:

Had a few niggles after DTD last night, good thing I didn't mention it to DH though because they went away after a bit. Woke up with a sore tummy and almost burning/stretching feeling at the bottom of my bump/cervix area...maybe I am finally starting to dilate... or maybe not :haha:

2 days left til D-day! :happydance: Tons of phone calls and having to reassure people we WILL tell them when it happens... :dohh:

DH tracked some mud into the kitchen pretty late last night that needs cleaning, was going to use the mop but now am thinking a good hand scrub is in order :winkwink:

Hope everyone is well! :hugs: all around!

It's almost 8am here, and I am heading out. I don't think I got more than 2 hours sleep last night. Very nervous. Talk to you all soon. x x

Congrats Deli on your baby boy!

:hugs: Carolyn, you are very strong!

Good luck Mercy and Jasmak!

Sorry to hear that Happy_Mom, all is not lost though. I know it's disappointing to hear but at least you are getting somewhere and the sweep could push it the rest of the way! :hugs:

Had a few niggles after DTD last night, good thing I didn't mention it to DH though because they went away after a bit. Woke up with a sore tummy and almost burning/stretching feeling at the bottom of my bump/cervix area...maybe I am finally starting to dilate... or maybe not :haha:

2 days left til D-day! :happydance: Tons of phone calls and having to reassure people we WILL tell them when it happens... :dohh:

DH tracked some mud into the kitchen pretty late last night that needs cleaning, was going to use the mop but now am thinking a good hand scrub is in order :winkwink:

Hope everyone is well! :hugs: all around!

Good luck for the scrubbing moving things along :thumbup:
Almost due day for you, so exciting! I know what its like with the calls etc, in 2 days I was asked 27 times if I had had the baby yet! like I would without telling everyone lol!
Maybe DTD has started dialation off for you hun? Hope so x

I am just back from my sweep. dr managed to doa sweep but she said after all this weeks of pain my cervix is only open 1 fingertip only.:cry: she is even more worried that for a week I have gained another more 4.4lbs and baby is getting bigger and bigger!! any how next appointmnet on next monday!!:cry::cry:

I hope mercy it works for u hun :hugs:

BIG hugs sweetie, I really hope the sweep has started to dialate things for you! hopefully it will get things moving along. :hugs:
I have read stories from a lot of ladies on here who were examined and found to be totally not dialated, only to go into spontanious labour on their own within the next day or so! So fingers crossed for you hun x x

It's almost 8am here, and I am heading out. I don't think I got more than 2 hours sleep last night. Very nervous. Talk to you all soon. x x

Will be thinkin of you today hun! Cant wait to hear all about ur little one!

AFM....
My sweep went Really well, The Doc was pleased I had those mild contractions on Saturday, she said its a good sign that I am moving along anyway but was very happy to have a good rummage around in there for me lol!
AND.... I am 2-3 cm dialated and she told me she could feel the babies head! :happydance: I was SO frustrated and upset after thinking labour was starting saturday, now I know it was all the start of little one making his or her way out!
My induction is booked, but she said If I need that she'd be very supprised lol!
I am not pinning too much hope tho, I dont wanna be disappointed again!

It was quite painful during the sweep, but then again she wasnt exactly gentle lol, there was a lovely student doctor in with her too, who was really sweet, and talked me through it, bless her!

Since then, I just kinda feel really pre period type aches! gunna have a lovely hot bath and relax now before cooking dinner for my boys! Then see if an evening of bopping on my birth ball can get things shifting! haha!

BIGGEST hugs to all! :hugs:

oh im so happy for u mercy... fx crsd for u...! hope to hear a good news by morning!!

Mercy my body did the very same was in slow labour for 2 weeks without realising.I have a feeling you'll be a mummy in 24 hrs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->