****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Well, one week to go and I haven't had any sign of labour in anyway, shape or form!!! :dohh:
I know I'll prob be late as my son had to be induced at 41+5, but I keep thinking this one might come nearer to its due date! I am getting BH's and the odd ache and pain but nothing else! :cry: Not sleeping at all, I'm shattered and I am beginning to get a bit fed up now!!!
Anyway, rant over!
:dust: to all those that need it and :hugs: to everyone else!

morning :D

Im still here waiting....all my pain's stopped last night after DTD, so i'v decided he's not coming near me in future :)

I'm struggling to sleep now too, very uncomfortable. Can't stay in the same position for too long as I just ache.
Come on bubbas, in the words of Nemo "just swim down".

Morning all,

congratulations to all the mommas who have had their beautiful babies and good luck to all those still to have them. x

So i was just wondering if anyone has used the Dr Brown bottles? Peter has got colic so have been advised to get these. Was just wondering if i can sterilize them in my Tommy Tippee electric one or do i have to buy a Dr Brown one? xxx

Morning everyone i'm still here too that clairvoyant has 12hrs for her prediction to come true otherwise i'm kicking up a stink!! And considering the MW last night at my visit thinks i'm still only 3/5 engaged i'm not holding out any hope!!

I was a bit down last night :cry: coz she pretty much pointed out that as LO only got turned 2wks ago it's had 2wks to do what everyone elses baby has had maybe a month to do :cry: and pretty much prepared me to go overdue.

I was awake at 4am this morning with back ache and crampy then got a starving hunger come on laid there for an hour gave up at 5 and had some toast, crampy feeling went, so went back to bed.

Philly1982, I really have no clue about the bottles but didn't want to not give it a mention xx

Morning all,

congratulations to all the mommas who have had their beautiful babies and good luck to all those still to have them. x

So i was just wondering if anyone has used the Dr Brown bottles? Peter has got colic so have been advised to get these. Was just wondering if i can sterilize them in my Tommy Tippee electric one or do i have to buy a Dr Brown one? xxx

Cant see why not hun.if you're unsure then get a big tub and cold water sterilize them x

Philly would think if they fit in it then why not :shrug: we used a tommee tippe microwave steriliser to do the medela pump bits

Philly if they fit cant see any reason not to use your tommee tippee steriliser. My poor baby is a bit constipated :( Gonna try giving her some cooled boiled water today to see if it helps, if shes no better by mon i'll have to think about triyng a diff formula.

philly - sterilisor is a sterilisor at the end of the day... u can put watever brand u want in em......

i use MAM bottles n they dont make a sterilisir. i use the tommee tippee microwave one..... xx

hey girls :) xx

well im 11 days overdue today and its not looking like anythings about to happen today :( x

well im 11 days overdue today and its not looking like anythings about to happen today :( x

Wow. Hang in there. Hope labor comes soon!

On another note, happy due date to me. Can't believe that "magical day" (you know, the one where nothing happens) has finally arrived. Finally moved the crib into our bedroom today hoping against hope it won't just be in the way for the next 2 weeks. Well at least we reserved some movie tickets tonight. Maybe I WILL go into labor since I have other plans...

Philly would think if they fit in it then why not :shrug: we used a tommee tippe microwave steriliser to do the medela pump bits

Ditto...I think Mumma is right Philly. A sterilisor is a sterilisor...does the same job as any other! :shrug:

Thanks Lliena, my mum is really really judgemental and that and sometimes she doesn't realise how much it gets me down. I know shes got a lot going on at the minute but sometimes she needs to think before she speaks...:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Sending lots of labour dust to all you mums in waiting!!!! I went two days overdue and that drove me insane...I can't imagine how some of you are feeling! :hugs: to you all x

AFM... I've NOT got a blood clot!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:I can't tell you how relieved and happy I am. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders!! :thumbup: The nurse reckons that cos I did a long walk on Monday, I got bad cramp which caused a severe cramp in my left leg and the swelling is just my body still trying to get back to normal after the pregnancy?! I have to go back for tests next week just to make sure but she's pretty certain everything is ok. I actually cried when she told me I was so relieved!! I still can't walk properly but she reckons it'll go down!

Hope ladies, bumps and babies are well :kiss:

Lou x

Philly if they fit cant see any reason not to use your tommee tippee steriliser. My poor baby is a bit constipated :( Gonna try giving her some cooled boiled water today to see if it helps, if shes no better by mon i'll have to think about triyng a diff formula.

What milk are you using? I know you're not supposed to give them this but i gave Peter sugar water and it worked a treat. Not great for long term but it eased his suffering after 5 days. I've had to get lactalose from the docs as he's still got it. Let me know how you get on though xxx

What milk are you using? I know you're not supposed to give them this but i gave Peter sugar water and it worked a treat. Not great for long term but it eased his suffering after 5 days. I've had to get lactalose from the docs as he's still got it. Let me know how you get on though xxx

i used to give harry boiled wataer with ... is it called madera pure cane brown sugar..? in it... cant remember where i got that advice but seemed to work for same digestive type problems. x

i also used to use cow and gate comfort formula, ask ur health visitor about it, its sort of predigested so not as thick. x

im breast feeding lola but she has 1 bottle a day at 9pm and i use cow n gate number 1 in a little mam bottle... the white n lilac ones ehehe xx

hope everyone is well.... im stressed to the max with olly right now !! another day for that story !! hey i jst realised i never gave my birth story. god im lazy x

Evening ladies!!
had back ache alday again :( but for past hour or 2, it's been coming on really strong and going around to the front. Not mentioned anything to anyone yet as it will be my body messing about!
Hope your all well

i used to give harry boiled wataer with ... is it called madera pure cane brown sugar..? in it... cant remember where i got that advice but seemed to work for same digestive type problems. x

i also used to use cow and gate comfort formula, ask ur health visitor about it, its sort of predigested so not as thick. x

im breast feeding lola but she has 1 bottle a day at 9pm and i use cow n gate number 1 in a little mam bottle... the white n lilac ones ehehe xx

hope everyone is well.... im stressed to the max with olly right now !! another day for that story !! hey i jst realised i never gave my birth story. god im lazy x

Im using cow and gate first infant milk from new born. I read about the sugar water thing too might try it if just normal water doesnt help her. It has only been Wed night and Fri night she was like it, not sleeping hardly over night just resting then every 10mins or crying going bright red and pulling her legs up to her chest. As soon as she had got it out though she relaxed and fell asleep for a 5 or so hrs! I just want her to be able to sleep though and wake up and to have pooed not to have to feel it and it keep her awake the poor thing.

Evening ladies!!
had back ache alday again :( but for past hour or 2, it's been coming on really strong and going around to the front. Not mentioned anything to anyone yet as it will be my body messing about!
Hope your all well

That sounds really good. Keep us updated!

On another note, happy due date to me. Can't believe that "magical day" (you know, the one where nothing happens) has finally arrived. Finally moved the crib into our bedroom today hoping against hope it won't just be in the way for the next 2 weeks. Well at least we reserved some movie tickets tonight. Maybe I WILL go into labor since I have other plans...

Happy due date!!! I hope things happen soon for you. I agree...make plans!

AFM: Kelana is a wonderful baby and breastfeeding is going well. She has a goopey eye though and not really sure what to do (even though my other two had this). Does anyone know what we are supposed to do for it, and how long it is supposed to last and at which point do we take them to the doctors???

My abdominal infection is looking better. The red is gone and it isn't hot anymore. It is still very swollen. Still on the antibiotics. I went off my prescribed pain meds and I am just using tylenol and advil now. I am super super super tired. I work night shifts and I feel like I have worked a few in a row without sleep. I had a little nap this morning, but Kelana will sleep in the bed with me if she is fussy like last night. I am just too exhausted. I did cosleep with my other two, but I have heard that it is safer not to, but I just can't not sleep...I feel like a train wreck!

Will pop in later, Kelana is fussing!:cloud9:

ATM I'm sat on my bed rocking from side to side, because I'v got really sharp pain's in my hip's and it's the only thing that's not making it seem so bad, they seem to be constant tho and just get strong now and again for like a few second's :s
Mike's out in his shed, but think he know's something is going on, because he didn't argue when I text him to fetch me my laptop up!

Evening ladies!!
Hope your all well

That sounds really good. Keep us updated!

Happy due date!!! I hope things happen soon for you. I agree...make plans!

AFM: Kelana is a wonderful baby and breastfeeding is going well. She has a goopey eye though and not really sure what to do (even though my other two had this). Does anyone know what we are supposed to do for it, and how long it is supposed to last and at which point do we take them to the doctors???

My abdominal infection is looking better. The red is gone and it isn't hot anymore. It is still very swollen. Still on the antibiotics. I went off my prescribed pain meds and I am just using tylenol and advil now. I am super super super tired. I work night shifts and I feel like I have worked a few in a row without sleep. I had a little nap this morning, but Kelana will sleep in the bed with me if she is fussy like last night. I am just too exhausted. I did cosleep with my other two, but I have heard that it is safer not to, but I just can't not sleep...I feel like a train wreck!

Will pop in later, Kelana is fussing!:cloud9:

all of mine had the sticky eye thing... just clean it with cooled boiled water on a cotton wool pad.... itll soon go away xx

Danielle I had pains there when I was having contractions and I found rocking was the only thing that made the pain ease a bit

Have you tried a warm bath? How you feeling now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->