****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Haven't been timing for a while but 6ish minutes maybe? I'm still coping well but definitely needing to breathe deeper and occasionally concentrate. I'll see how long I can play my video game before I just keep getting game over... :)

Just got done timing 5 in a row. They were all 1 minute long and always 4.5 minutes apart. I guess I'm consistent. Interesting that they are already under 5 minutes apart since they say you should go to the hospital then. I'm coping just fine at home... maybe I should go take a nap?

how far from the hospital do you live?
I would stay at home as long as possible too, but if you dont live very close that could get scary! LOL (like if you deliver on the way :shock:)

Haven't been timing for a while but 6ish minutes maybe? I'm still coping well but definitely needing to breathe deeper and occasionally concentrate. I'll see how long I can play my video game before I just keep getting game over... :)

Just got done timing 5 in a row. They were all 1 minute long and always 4.5 minutes apart. I guess I'm consistent. Interesting that they are already under 5 minutes apart since they say you should go to the hospital then. I'm coping just fine at home... maybe I should go take a nap?

how far from the hospital do you live?
I would stay at home as long as possible too, but if you dont live very close that could get scary! LOL (like if you deliver on the way :shock:)

15-20 min by car. I suppose the time depends on how nervous my husband is...

true. i would totally stay home, especially if you're able to rest through them :thumbup:
but just remember, the car ride can get tough as you cant get into different positions.
If you stay home tho you'll be more comfortable and wont be put on a time table.

Have i mentioned how excited i am for you?! :dance:

Lollipop I have moved Avalon on to Aptamil after a week and a bit on c+g and it seems to be suiting her. Their poos should be yellowy like chicken korma. Avalon was constipated but yesterday she had 3oz of water and a tiny dash of oj in it spred out throughout the day and then hallelujah she pooed and slept for 6 hrs from midnight till 6am. I was so happy and she was much more relieved. :happydance:

If your lo is feeding that much she could need hungry baby milk. Might be worth asking health visitor :)

Did you switch from Aptamil to c&g or c&g to aptamil? Oh and i tried the oj in water too yesterday and it worked a treat!:happydance:

xxx

Lollipop I have moved Avalon on to Aptamil after a week and a bit on c+g and it seems to be suiting her. Their poos should be yellowy like chicken korma. Avalon was constipated but yesterday she had 3oz of water and a tiny dash of oj in it spred out throughout the day and then hallelujah she pooed and slept for 6 hrs from midnight till 6am. I was so happy and she was much more relieved. :happydance:

If your lo is feeding that much she could need hungry baby milk. Might be worth asking health visitor :)

Did you switch from Aptamil to c&g or c&g to aptamil? Oh and i tried the oj in water too yesterday and it worked a treat!:happydance:

xxx

From c+g to aptamil :) Glad the juice and water worked for you too! it's so nice to see them relieved isnt it?

Had my second sweep today, she felt babies head again & said my waters were bulging when I had a contraction :haha:
Hope things start moving, currently 3cm!

Fingers crossed hun! Good luck x x

weeelllll I dont want to jinx things buuuuuuuuuuuutttttttttttttt....

I have been having period pains every 10/15 mins since 4am :happydance: I bloody hope this is the start coz I will be so gutted if this comes to nothing!!

Will keep u all updated :D

:happydance: Good luck x x

Morning ladies (wowie! nearly 1000 Pages already!!!)

Had a MW appt. this morning. (now 3 days "overdue").

I am 50% effaced/thinned (up from 0% 3 weeks ago)
I am nearly 2CMs dilated (up from 1-1.5cm from 3 weeks ago)
I am stationed at -1 (up, or should i say "down" :haha: from -3, three weeks ago)

SO progress is def. being made!! :dance: just hope i go into labor soon!!!! (especially since today would be my *technical* due date if they would have based it off ovulation) :dust:

:happydance: isnt sounding like it will be long! Good luck sweetie x

I think it's safe to say I will soon be announcing the birth of another August baby! Contractions (the first of the whole pregnancy) have started and only gotten worse. I started losing plug too within the hour. Since I was due last Saturday already I think I have permission to start getting a little excited at last.

:dust: to all in waiting! Especially those past due! :)

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Hello ladies :flower:

Just a quick question for me for anyone who can help; does the mucus plug have to come out all in one? I thought I lost it a few weeks back but today there is like an insane amount of mucusy stuff being lost! (sorry TMI).
I also had one streak of bright red blood which I presumed was the start opf my bloody show, but no blood since then, just loads of snotty mucus?

Any help much appreciated :D
x x

With mine, I had beenn losing small -ish Snotty pieces for a few days over a week or two, then the early hours of the day I had her, I went to the loo and Found a HUUUGE gloupy ball of blood stained mucous! It was bigger than a golf ball size! I was actually quite shocked at how much there was lol!
The streak of blood sounds like a bit of show tho hun! fingers crossed x

AFM, well Georgia is over a week old already! where did that go?? And she is about to go on her first trip over to the mainland on the ferry tomorrow night!
She is breast feeding really well, and I am really hopeful that we will be able to continue this time!
I had my first "feeding in public" experience today! We went out for a coffee into Holywood, and I fed her in the cafe! was a bit of a struggle gettin my mahoosive boobie out without flashing to the world, but it was ok!
AND then I mastered multi tasking at dinner time when I managed to feed her at the kitchen table, while helping riley AND eating my own dinner haha!

So far she is sleeping and feeding really well, and wakes maybe twice a night so far! We did have great fun this morning tho at about 6am, when SHE POOPED ON MEEEE!!!! :dohh: And I mean EXPLOSIVE poop, Fired at me with force haha! so we both got in the shower, and when I put her on the bed to dry her she pee'd EVERYWHERE haha! Cue mat getting up and changing the bed while I washed her down! THEN.. JUST WHEN I THOUGHT SHE'D DONE............ She puked up her last feed all over herself lol!

After YET ANOTHER wash down, We finally settled back in clean dry night clothes, in a fresh bed with new duvet hahaha!
Its a good job shes so pretty or I might hold a grudge with that little escapade! :haha:

Hope all you ladies with signs and symptoms are doing great!
Good luck to you all
AND labour dust to everyone who needs it x x x x x x x x x x

Well, the pains I was getting are alot worse.
All in my back though :(
Roughly every 7 minutes lasting 45 seconds x

maybe its the start of something good! :yipee:

Feel free to send them my way if you get sick of them :haha:

oooh im in one of them mood's right now where I could do with a drink!!! :(
Early night for me I think..

hope all is well with everyone :) anyone heard anything from Tasha?

My contractions are around 3-4min apart and I lost my waters about 45 min ago. Midwife says I can stay home as long as I can cope. Can't believe just how well everything is going. I might just get the birth I'm hoping for! And there's no line for the bathtub at the hospital either! Yay!

Still getting contractions, mainly in the back, about 5 minutes now.
Waters are still in tact.
I was 3cm I am so hoping if things progress I will at least be 4cm!

Yay! We're in labor together and about equally as overdue! Hang in there! Man It's hot and I'm totally soaking a whole pack of maxi pads. Ladies, don't forget to have a HUGE stock on hand for if your water breaks at home because it keeps leaking!

My contractions are around 3-4min apart and I lost my waters about 45 min ago. Midwife says I can stay home as long as I can cope. Can't believe just how well everything is going. I might just get the birth I'm hoping for! And there's no line for the bathtub at the hospital either! Yay!

YEY!!! :happydance:
So exciting for you both! Sending tonnes of luck and speedy labour dust your ways!

I think staying at home for the early stages is best, I progressed really quickly at home and was 6cm by the time I went in! I think being in your own environment is the best way to start!
Looking forward to hearing of new arrivals x

Nik x x

:)
Yay labour buddies hehe.
Mine are still a little irregular, I'm really worried things will stop again :cry:
Please keep giving me contractions!

Two in labour, how exciting!!!:happydance::happydance: Best of luck to the pair of you!

Hi everyone!!!

Rainbows & Versperonicca Good luck honeys, so exciting...looking forward to hearing more news x :happydance:

PrincessEllie How are you? Hope you're ok and you're off having a baby?

Tash How have you been getting on?

Well done you Mercy on bf in public!!! Nice to hear that you're coping well!!!

Lliena & Philly Hope your LO's manage to poop loads and loads, must be so frustrating and worrying!!! Will keep oj and bolied water in mind if Emma ever suffers x

Eoz Have you managed to sort out an appt yet or find out the name of stuff needed? :hugs:

JASMAK Good luck with all your LO's tomorrow! Sure you'll be fine!!

Sorry if I missed anyone out x

AFM Currently doing the night feed with ELF, she's doing really well and now back to her birth weight! Jacob is getting better and better with her (touch wood) and has tried winding her, helped to change her bum and scarily tried picking her up :wacko: which is obs one to watch!!

I signed up to weight watchers tonight (it was free registration which ended tonight) I know its a bit soon, but going to take it slow...got more important things to consider ATM!! Found out I've got about 3 stone to lose :blush: but think my body has been hammered these last few years so we'll see how I get on!

Labour dust to mummies in need x

Hope babies, bumps & babies are ok

Lou x :flower:

Two in labour, how exciting!!!:happydance::happydance: Best of luck to the pair of you!

YAY!!! im so happy for you both! Keep up the great work ladies!!! :wohoo:

...and please feel free to send me labor vibes so i can partake as well :winkwink:

The DH and i went to the chiropractor. Thought that would bring something on...:nope: then we decided to walk around the mall ...that did nothing and now i have swollen feet :wacko: oh well, guess tomorrow is another day...day 4...

:happydance: wow so excited for you'll.... sending tons of labor dust!!

hiiii everyone, well i am 17days overdue today and finally off for my term+10 this morning, hopefully they will give me a date for tomorrow for induction, wish me luck :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->