****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

heya girls,

Zoe sending huge you hugs :hugs: i hope you and the family are ok. if you ever want to let off some steam to someone, then i am here.

Sending all the lovely pregnant mummies lots of labour dust and pains

congrats tyandemsmummy on the birth of Drew

Thank you hun.may take you up on that.i feel so lost at the moment.when we go to parenting club i'll fill you all in properly.I just wish i had a family that gave a shit as i really could do with a break now and then.

Hows muumy hood hun xxx

im in labour!!! finally lol, only 19days late :dohh:

wish me luck girls :D x

:happydance::happydance::happydance: 19 days blooming heck!You deserve a medal.Good luck xxx

zoe - Abby had a dairy allergy! didnt realise it was specifically for that though - as far as i was aware it was to thicken the bottles so i didnt end up wearing a bottle of curdled milk everytime i fed her lol...

Hi everyone else? How many babies are still to come??

Blob... Claire tied you to a birthing ball yet? hehe...

WELL ladies... first night out in MONTHS last night... perhaps had a few too many but had an amazing time and had a good dance! lol..
was feeling a bit worse for wear at 6am when Ailah woke up with a stinker of a nappy :D gotta love kids haha xxx

I think i may do what Blob said and switch to a stay down milk although watching him it seems to be via wind not the milk.So may get some wind relief stuff.

Ugggh to the wake up call lol come back to reality with a thud hey :haha:

Yeah!!!!! Good luck x

Congratulations Tyandemsmummy, how fast was your labour!! Lucky you!

Lucy Hope you and family get rid of your cold...love the 'snot sucker name!! Poor Bridget though :hugs:

Zoe My friends LO really suffered for first three months with colic and was lactose intolerant...she was prescribed an aptimal milk and colief and few other things. If its any consolation after three months everything seemed to settle down and her weaning has gone really well!!

Danielle I took 5 of each in with me!

Bet your really excited Alaskanwhite about meeting your LO soon!

Hey Melissa & Lollip0p how are you and families?

Hope ladies, bumps and babies are well x

Thank you xx Colief sounds a good route.We are on Aptimil and he is so much happier on it x

oh ladies a personal question but please help! I started my period yesterday or I think but my god it's heavy and i mean heavy.10 sanitary towels ina few hours.3 pairs of knickers in 4 hours.I tried tampax but it just flows over it and soaks me.

Is it to early for a period?would it be my fibroid?or could be a birth thing?

zoe - Abby had a dairy allergy! didnt realise it was specifically for that though - as far as i was aware it was to thicken the bottles so i didnt end up wearing a bottle of curdled milk everytime i fed her lol...

WELL ladies... first night out in MONTHS last night... perhaps had a few too many but had an amazing time and had a good dance! lol..
was feeling a bit worse for wear at 6am when Ailah woke up with a stinker of a nappy :D gotta love kids haha xxx

:rofl: am pretty sure she would if she could :haha: But i'm just now keeping positive and thinking baby has to come at some point and 2-3 weeks isnt THAAAAT long compared to how far we've come to get here...

Eoz, thats the reason she moved to it was wind?? Her DD was just really windy and always just puked it back up and was always sore from wind?? So worth a shot i guess... On the period front dont want to ignore your post but i didnt have one until over a year after Tabs was born (then i got pregnant next cycle :rofl: so i have no experience) sorry :nope: Sounds pretty heavy though...

Anyone else updating? I have sent MrsP a PM but my details haven't changed on the first page...?

I was due 31st Aug but had ds 24th after a 1hr 45 min labour, no pain relief and no stitches....whoop whoop! :lol:

He was a tiddler tho; 6lbs 9ozs whereas mt others were all nearer 9lb! Calling him Drew and he is perrrrrrrfect!!

Not sure if anyone else is updating... Haven't seen MrsP online for a few days... Congratulations!

How many vest's + sleepsuit's did everyone take to hospital?

I had 2 vests and 2 babygros - quantity fine - just the size was wrong!! But then I had an 11lb baby!

I was wondering were this thread went...
I have been a shy one :blush: but now that I have three days until my c-section, I thought I would perk up a bit.
So perhaps I will have the last baby in August, we shall see....
Has anyone heard how Dizzy65 is doing? Last I heard she was getting induced and I never saw a birth announcement or post.
Hope all you ladies are doing great!

oooh, not long to go!! Haven't heard from dizzy...

All by yourself?! Cool! Hope it's all over quickly now, looking forward to your birth announcement!

oh ladies a personal question but please help! I started my period yesterday or I think but my god it's heavy and i mean heavy.10 sanitary towels ina few hours.3 pairs of knickers in 4 hours.I tried tampax but it just flows over it and soaks me.

Not sure, but maybe with fibroid situation it'd be worth mentioning to HV or doc?
How old is LO now? Seems quite early for a period - could be just the very last little bits of lochia being squeezed out?

As for us, still have a little snot monster, she choked a few times during the night feeding cos she couldn't breathe :( Up three times last night, compared to a previous worst of 2, thirsty too I guess if the symptoms the rest of us have are anything to go by...

oh god don't think i'd cope with an 11lber!! :/
everyone say's im going to have a big baby...I'm hoping not :/ I don't even think i'm that big..

everyone thought that for me too, including me! He was 6lb-9ozs!! But it was like a tsunami when my waters went, almost created my own birthing pool lol x

Just a quick note to say I was in labour!

Ava Grace born 27.08.10 at 09.05am weighing 6lb's 14 & a half oz's.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs207.ash2/46972_464375911070_754281070_7105564_7833536_n.jpg

Just a quick note to say I was in labour!

Ava Grace born 27.08.10 at 09.05am weighing 6lb's 14 & a half oz's.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs207.ash2/46972_464375911070_754281070_7105564_7833536_n.jpg

Congratulations :)

Also Tasha has put on her status ruby was born this morning :) I'll not put anything else, incase she wanted to update you all her self (sorry if you did!!!)

If you soak a pas an hour, you should get looked at. :hugs:

Congratulations to all you august mummies! I think I am destined to be a September mum. No twinges or anything yet.:cry:

Congrats Rainbow, Ava is beautiful :)

Zoe, honestly feel free if you want to chat I am always here if you want someone to listen to you. :hugs: Is there any reasn why the rest of your family arent helping you out? (dont worry if you dont want to say)
Thinking of you. x

Mummyhood is going well thanks, apart from Kaiya's feeding habits, Last week she was drinking 4 ozs every 3 hours and now she is drinking 1-2 ozs every 1 and a half to two hours and in the night she seems to want feeding every hour, its begin to slowly kill me, any tips on howto get your lo to drink more, or go for longer betwen feeds? I have tried boiled water, and that hasnt helped, She is on sma gold, and finally she is pooing :D some of it hard like clay and others is slightly loose, so i think i will still to the same milk for a while, butI wasnt sure if i needed to change the milk as she is wanting food so often, or is this the norm? I am not seeing the hv for another week.
But I am lovign being a mummy, its the most hardest work every but its the best hard work :D

I hope everyone has had a lovely sunday

Going in for my c-section Tuesday morning at 6am....Eeeek!

Any advice from moms who have had this procedure would be very much appreciated, I'm sooooo nervous!

Anyways.....How is everyone doing today?

Hi ya ladies just to let you know I just had a text from princessellie and she is 4cm dilated and just been given gas and air so she's a bit happier now lol. I will update when I know more. xx

Congratulations to all you august mummies! I think I am destined to be a September mum. No twinges or anything yet.:cry:

Me too! I was due yesterday too and have no signs whatsoever!
Lots and lots of labour :dust: for us all! xx

Zoe, honestly feel free if you want to chat I am always here if you want someone to listen to you. :hugs: Is there any reasn why the rest of your family arent helping you out? (dont worry if you dont want to say)
Thinking of you. x

Mummyhood is going well thanks, apart from Kaiya's feeding habits, Last week she was drinking 4 ozs every 3 hours and now she is drinking 1-2 ozs every 1 and a half to two hours and in the night she seems to want feeding every hour, its begin to slowly kill me, any tips on howto get your lo to drink more, or go for longer betwen feeds? I have tried boiled water, and that hasnt helped, She is on sma gold, and finally she is pooing :D some of it hard like clay and others is slightly loose, so i think i will still to the same milk for a while, butI wasnt sure if i needed to change the milk as she is wanting food so often, or is this the norm? I am not seeing the hv for another week.
But I am lovign being a mummy, its the most hardest work every but its the best hard work :D

If shes falling asleep during feeds stroke her cheek or blow gently on her face to wake her back up and encourage her to take more of the feed. I have to do it with Avalon :) She might be taking more if shes having a bit of a growth spurt, which is normal for a 3/4 week old baby.

Going in for my c-section Tuesday morning at 6am....Eeeek!

Any advice from moms who have had this procedure would be very much appreciated, I'm sooooo nervous!

Anyways.....How is everyone doing today?

it's not so bad...just try and relax... they will do a spinal block and you'll be numb from the waist down. then a big sheet will go up and you won't see anything but you'll feel tugging but it doesn't hurt at all. try not to think about what they're doing, just think about your baby. it will be over before you know it!!! :hugs:

:rofl: am pretty sure she would if she could :haha: But i'm just now keeping positive and thinking baby has to come at some point and 2-3 weeks isnt THAAAAT long compared to how far we've come to get here...

Eoz, thats the reason she moved to it was wind?? Her DD was just really windy and always just puked it back up and was always sore from wind?? So worth a shot i guess... On the period front dont want to ignore your post but i didnt have one until over a year after Tabs was born (then i got pregnant next cycle :rofl: so i have no experience) sorry :nope: Sounds pretty heavy though...

Wow go you super fertile lol and lucky no period for over a year!

I think it is wind as sometimes he does,sometimes he doesnt.He is def so much better on this milk x

Anyone else updating? I have sent MrsP a PM but my details haven't changed on the first page...?

I was due 31st Aug but had ds 24th after a 1hr 45 min labour, no pain relief and no stitches....whoop whoop! :lol:

He was a tiddler tho; 6lbs 9ozs whereas mt others were all nearer 9lb! Calling him Drew and he is perrrrrrrfect!!

Not sure if anyone else is updating... Haven't seen MrsP online for a few days... Congratulations!

How many vest's + sleepsuit's did everyone take to hospital?

I had 2 vests and 2 babygros - quantity fine - just the size was wrong!! But then I had an 11lb baby!

I was wondering were this thread went...
I have been a shy one :blush: but now that I have three days until my c-section, I thought I would perk up a bit.
So perhaps I will have the last baby in August, we shall see....
Has anyone heard how Dizzy65 is doing? Last I heard she was getting induced and I never saw a birth announcement or post.
Hope all you ladies are doing great!

oooh, not long to go!! Haven't heard from dizzy...

All by yourself?! Cool! Hope it's all over quickly now, looking forward to your birth announcement!

Not sure, but maybe with fibroid situation it'd be worth mentioning to HV or doc?
How old is LO now? Seems quite early for a period - could be just the very last little bits of lochia being squeezed out?

As for us, still have a little snot monster, she choked a few times during the night feeding cos she couldn't breathe :( Up three times last night, compared to a previous worst of 2, thirsty too I guess if the symptoms the rest of us have are anything to go by...

He is just over 5 weeks hun which is making me query it.

Aww poor baba that's the phlegm in her throat.milk makes it worse which is a bugger hugs to her xxx

If you soak a pas an hour, you should get looked at. :hugs:

2 pads in an hr and today it was running down my legs when i was having shower.i'm trembling alot so off to docs on Tues x

Hows you xxx

Thinking of you. x

Long story but the bones is I was in care from day dot and me and my mum are very edgy.My brother is ok but lives far away and my sister well the less said the better.Just all f**cked up really No Dad either.OH's family hurt us badly when we lost FIL so we are just us and will struggle on.

As for Kaiya hun.I can't suggest much as Ashton feeds evry 2 hrs and sometime just snacks then comes back for a bit more.he is very unsettled in the day always seems to need a bootle.nights are no better.With the milk you need to find a balance I have found one that suits and now he poops! i hink he may need hungrier milk.like you i need to see the health visitor.

Mummy hood is hard but rewarding x

Hi ya ladies just to let you know I just had a text from princessellie and she is 4cm dilated and just been given gas and air so she's a bit happier now lol. I will update when I know more. xx

:happydance::happydance:Come on little one xxx

Congratulations Rainbows on your LO! :flower:

:thumbup:Thanks Hayzeb for the updates on PrincessEllie!! How are you?

Carolyn Woo Hoo to gettting a much deserved (and no doubt needed) night out! Boo to the wake up call!

Zoe I'd def be tempted to ring docs/hv!!! I had a terrible period after Jacob after never suffering with them...but nothing like that! Shame about your family, some people don't realise what they miss out on!

Tash you've gone quiet these past few days, hope you're off having a baby?!

Lucy thats really bad, hope you're ok :hugs:!! Poor Bridget x

Hope everyone is having a good weekend?!

AFM Kev is having a night out tonight! Went to the inlaws for tea and I've just got back and put monster in bed, feeding elf and then off to bed myself! Got night feeds, early morning and full day out with my sister tomorrow so definately need my beauty sleep!

Oh and the '0' point soup was GORGEOUS!! Real yummy!

Come on you August babies...get your little cute butts on the move x

Hi ladies.

Been to the beach all day with DH and friends. Was a great time and a great way to take my mind off of things...but still nothing in the realms of labor...one week overdue tomorrow. I have to go for an AFI and an ultra-sound. FX'ed that amniotic levels, baby, placenta, and umbilical cord are all well! Maybe labor will happen tonight...:wacko:
I can't believe that im (at least, according to my appt last thursday) that im stationed -1 and at least 2CM and at least 50% effaced, and yet im a week late :shrug:...ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->