****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hi everyone! Stopping by to announce that Asher Anselmi was born on August 28th at 545am! His birth weight was 4090g and is 52cm long (9lb, 20.5 inches). We are totally smitten with him. :crib:

Will type more about how it went and post pictures when I'm not typing one-handed! :winkwink: He sure is a little milk monster...

Hang in there Guppy!

Hi everyone! Stopping by to announce that Asher Anselmi was born on August 28th at 545am! His birth weight was 4090g and is 52cm long (9lb, 20.5 inches). We are totally smitten with him. :crib:

Will type more about how it went and post pictures when I'm not typing one-handed! :winkwink: He sure is a little milk monster...

Hang in there Guppy!

CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your bundle of joy!!!! :cloud9: I am thrilled for you! :dance: Can't wait to hear all about the birth and see pictures of the little guy. Hopefully Asher's buddie, Isaiah, will be able to join him soon!

P.S. thanks for translating his birth weight and height...im not good with the metric system :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Hang in there Guppy!

Congratulation's.

Guppy it wont be long now x

moggy

HV came in and confirmed its mastitis :( she going to kick some ass at the DR surgery and call me first thing with an app as there is a good chance i will need a.biotics.

Managed to express then mini me had a good feed from the boob earlier - was sore but the relief was worth it. hot bath tonight me thinks. Been alright most of the day but ive started stiffening up and getting achy this evening... xx

Hang in there Guppy!

Congratulations!

:hugs: To all you due & overdue August mums! :hugs: We still have a couple of hours left yet!

Carolyn that sounds really painful, hope it gets better soon! I can't give you any advice cos I never got it with Jacob x

Hope everyone, bumps & babies are ok x

My beautiful baby boy born 20th August 2010 05:46am. 5lb 5oz. Perfect 6 hour labour. Congratulations to all august mums!

moggy

HV came in and confirmed its mastitis :( she going to kick some ass at the DR surgery and call me first thing with an app as there is a good chance i will need a.biotics.

Managed to express then mini me had a good feed from the boob earlier - was sore but the relief was worth it. hot bath tonight me thinks. Been alright most of the day but ive started stiffening up and getting achy this evening... xx

aww :hugs: flucoxacillin(sp) I think is what they give here, make sure they give decent dosage 500's I think is what you want but they do kick in very quickly, also worth getting a savoy cabbage (avoided urge to say oi oi saveloy - nearly!) and putting the inner leaves in your bra after a feed and slathering the lansinoh on, other than that you have to feed through it - wish could offer to take some of the pain but all can say is it does pass quickly with abx. Take note of your early symptoms though cos you will be able to preempt it if it comes again and get the abx in BEFORE it really kicks off :hugs:

Congrats to the new mums, who will be last august bubba - rooting for you Guppy as 8 days over is a good time to have a little boy :thumbup:

Wont be long and the september stars will be coming in earnest!

Thanks girls.
No signs yet...if Isaiah does show as an August baby i will truly be surprised...although that wouldn't be too long a labor! ;)

Hi ladies,

I have breifly scrolled through all the pages, sorry for not replying to posts. Also sorry for the delay in updating the front page, we have been away at the caravan since Thursday and was busy getting ready for it days prior to that. Now just catching up on the washing and the ironing.

Hope you are all well and adjusting to the broken sleep.

Zoe - Have you tried the SMA stay down, its pretty much the same as what Carolyn was saying about it has the thickener in it, just saves have to add to the formula, its £8.95 in Tesco.

Congratulations to all of the new mummies

And hang on in there to all of the over due ones. Not too long now. And you'll all be August mummies no matter when these babies decide to arrive xxx

AFM - Not loads to report, AF has arrived, well Friday (sods law knew it would since we were away). Have HV visitor coming tomorrow, standard check in our borough I believe, Thursday I have Henry's 6 week check, although am a little nervous as this is when Eleanor's holes in her heart were found.

My babies are great, E is coming along in leaps and bounds and speaking more more every day, she is such as cutie. As for H is is also doing well, although still problems with the milk. I now have him on SMA stay down milk which seems to be better but still not great, took him to the docs on Wednesday and he has prescribed two meds and we are now treating him for reflux as the pains were getting too much for the little mite and he was being very sick. Still not 100% but definately much better.

I think I have found a magic blacnket that makes him sleep. It was a gift and he spent the whole weekend at the caravan wrapped in it and has slept 10 times better, so put him in it this evening and he has been down coming up 5 hours which is quite good for him.

Diet went out of the window whilst away, went to weigh in tonight and have gained 1/2lb, but that takes me back to where I started, not too sad considering what I consumed whilst away.

Have a few things lined up and 3 weddings next year, that and want to feel great so going to try and stick to it.

Other than that just normal day life.

Oh, just checked, our thread is in the wrong section so have requested for it to be moved to the baby club. For some reason its in pregnancy.

So if you cant find us thats where we'll be. xx

Message from Stir Crazy

Technically it needs to be moved to Parenting Groups if you want to continue with the thread. We've upgraded the groups section to cater for threads like this

S.C

So that's where we can be found.

Oh Danielle, not long now :hugs:

i am slowly getting scared of labour :/ want to stay at home as long as possible (but I think i'm going to end up being induced!), and wanted to just use gas and air aslong as possible...but other thing's will be more tempting if i'm stuck in hospital and not at home :/

How many of us is there left to have their baby's then?

heya, how is everyone today?

the hv has been round today, and my little munchkin now weighs 9lb and 4ozs :D and best of all she is 4 weeks today :D and i can't imagine life without her!
the hv wants me to go to counselling for the traumatic birth i had, has anyone else had counselling for their birth? if you have what is it like?
i could shoot the mil but that story is around 1000 pages long, lol
i promise to be a good mil when the time comes.

congrats to all the new mummies, and i am sending lots of labour dust to those who are waiting

how are you feeling today carolyn? hope the pain is easing.

wow new august mummys in the parenting section!!

just want to say congratulations to you all on your gorgeous new babies!

from the lion cubs (August 09 mummys!)

:) xxxx

heya, how is everyone today?

the hv has been round today, and my little munchkin now weighs 9lb and 4ozs :D and best of all she is 4 weeks today :D and i can't imagine life without her!
the hv wants me to go to counselling for the traumatic birth i had, has anyone else had counselling for their birth? if you have what is it like?
i could shoot the mil but that story is around 1000 pages long, lol
i promise to be a good mil when the time comes.

congrats to all the new mummies, and i am sending lots of labour dust to those who are waiting

how are you feeling today carolyn? hope the pain is easing.

ooooft it hurts!! ive got a cabbage so im putting the leaves in the fridge and after my bath tonight im going to put them on my boobies!
Got dr 2moro to get anti biotics!

To top it all off im getting really bad period pains this evening :( get the feeling that bathtime will be a struggle tonight :nope: xxx

i am slowly getting scared of labour :/ want to stay at home as long as possible (but I think i'm going to end up being induced!), and wanted to just use gas and air aslong as possible...but other thing's will be more tempting if i'm stuck in hospital and not at home :/

How many of us is there left to have their baby's then?

ME! :hissy:
9 days over today! UGH.

I too have the same fears :(
Just praying i can get through it. I have an appt. on Friday...have a feeling they will want to induce...if im far enough dilated i am just going to request them to break my water. At least that would give me a shot at not having to be hooked up and strapped to a bed.

Hope you and i go by TOMORROW! I have NO idea why i am *this* overdue :shrug: i mean, i mentally prepaired myself to go over...but not THIS overdue! :dohh: and i dont get it because even IF my due date was based on Ov. i would have been due the 26th...so i guess EDDs based on Ov. still arn't accurate :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->