****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hiya everyone..just a quick update on me.. Had my lit princess Crystal Ellisha by elective c-section on 19th August... 10.04am.. 8lb 5oz!! She spent her first 5days in NICU due to RES problems and low blood sugar and had problems feeding..we both came home on 26th .. She is doing well and im so in love!! xx

he's been moving but very little and slow,im pretty sure ivhad my 10 in 12hours...

As for expressing....I don't know if i'm doing it right :/ can get plenty out by hand...but when I try with pump...nothing :S

hiya everyone..just a quick update on me.. Had my lit princess Crystal Ellisha by elective c-section on 19th August... 10.04am.. 8lb 5oz!! She spent her first 5days in NICU due to RES problems and low blood sugar and had problems feeding..we both came home on 26th .. She is doing well and im so in love!! xx

Congrats! Glad to hear you re doing well now and have finally come home.

What does OH say about bottle feeding? It might be an option cos although you say it won't help with some things it could allow someone else to give you a break and get some sleep and maybe a night off from the night feed? Or even chance to get out of the house alone?

This was what I finally realised... that even if it's still hard work feeding then at least I can share the burden with someone else...

Congratulations!

he's been moving but very little and slow,im pretty sure ivhad my 10 in 12hours...

As for expressing....I don't know if i'm doing it right :/ can get plenty out by hand...but when I try with pump...nothing :S

I'd give the MW a call...
Regards the expressing, you could hand express in to a bowl, then pour in to a bag... just boil or steam sterilise the bowl first...

Lucy Sharing the load definately makes life easier. Before I had Jacob I was quite narrow minded and could never understand why mums didn't breast feed, I struggled so much at first with him. Eventually we cracked it but when he was about 16 weeks I'd started to resent Kev. He could go to bed when he wanted, cos even though he would get up most of the time with me and make me a brew in the night I just wanted ONE night without having to get up or having to spend all week expressing for it! He could go to football without a seconds thought about feeding him etc... It was only when I went to rounders one night in a real sulk knowing that I was sacrificing a night out on the Friday (only enough expressed frozen for it) that he gave him some cartoned sma milk. I was soo angry at the time but then when he slept through the night (was the first time) felt like big weight was lifted!! You have to do right by you and your family!! :hugs: I feel guilty this time about not breast feeding and spent many a night in tears about it - but I know that bottle feeding is best for my family.

I lost 3lb at weight watchers...I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I'm trying to be positive, but I know I'm really impatient and expected to lose half a stone a week :haha: I do feel really bunged up at the minute though!

Hope the rest of you August mums to be are off having babies x

He's been having a good kick now HWM :D
I'll just keep trying with the pump, I might not be doing it right...

Congratulations!!!! Glad everything is ok x

yay for first time managed to log in from my phone you might be hearing more from me!
Guppy i hear ya. Was convinced my body was a failure esp as induced ten days over last time... But i did go on my own this time eleven days late. Hang in there :hugs:
Carolyn HV very good. She's making me an appt with GP so i won't have the awkward start of conversation... She'll know why I'm there. Scared a the thought of medication though.
Also soul searching about the Breastfeeding. It's killing me emotionally even though it's physically not too bad. HV pretty much said she thought i should stop for my own 'health'. Was quite taken aback she wasn't more pushing me to stick with it...
feel so all over the place. I want someone to take decision out of my hands . Trying to remind myself bottle feeding won't necessarily fix all the 'problems'. This aside from the fact that B won't take bottle at the moment anyway!
good news is she's got 8oz on in 8 days finally got her birth weight back :) bad news is I'm gaining faster. My clothes after getting slightly looser are getting tighter again :(
please excuse random typos that'll be predictive text!

did you get that chat with the HV? totally know what you mean about the clothes :( xx

Lucy so nice to hear from you! :hugs: sounds like you're having a rough time. Can't give you any advice, but if you ever need to talk, you know where I am. What does OH say about bottle feeding? It might be an option cos although you say it won't help with some things it could allow someone else to give you a break and get some sleep and maybe a night off from the night feed? Or even chance to get out of the house alone?

Carolyn glad your boob seems better - thats a sentence I'd never thought I'd say to someone!!

Glad you enjoyed your hols Mercy know what you mean about nothing being better than your own home!

Labour dust to you overdue mums...you're still August babies though x Danielle definately ring the midwife if you're concerned!

AFM just cleaned and tidied the whole house and now officially shattered! Just need to mop kitchen floor and sort Jacob's splat room out but that can wait while I rest and have a brew! Bit nervous about getting weighed tonight...is that sad?!

Lou x

I didnt think i would ever lie on a Dr's table with a woman jiggling and squeezing my boobs haha xx

Congratulations x

What kind of pump you got hun? x

Lucy Sharing the load definately makes life easier. Before I had Jacob I was quite narrow minded and could never understand why mums didn't breast feed, I struggled so much at first with him. Eventually we cracked it but when he was about 16 weeks I'd started to resent Kev. He could go to bed when he wanted, cos even though he would get up most of the time with me and make me a brew in the night I just wanted ONE night without having to get up or having to spend all week expressing for it! He could go to football without a seconds thought about feeding him etc... It was only when I went to rounders one night in a real sulk knowing that I was sacrificing a night out on the Friday (only enough expressed frozen for it) that he gave him some cartoned sma milk. I was soo angry at the time but then when he slept through the night (was the first time) felt like big weight was lifted!! You have to do right by you and your family!! :hugs: I feel guilty this time about not breast feeding and spent many a night in tears about it - but I know that bottle feeding is best for my family.

I lost 3lb at weight watchers...I'm not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I'm trying to be positive, but I know I'm really impatient and expected to lose half a stone a week :haha: I do feel really bunged up at the minute though!

Me and a friend having been weighing ourselves every sat night and ive lost jack s**t. :cry: I just expected that with chasing after the kids and booby feeding the weight would just fall off.... if i should be so lucky!! be proud of your 3lbs!! xxx

yay for first time managed to log in from my phone you might be hearing more from me!
Guppy i hear ya. Was convinced my body was a failure esp as induced ten days over last time... But i did go on my own this time eleven days late. Hang in there :hugs:
Carolyn HV very good. She's making me an appt with GP so i won't have the awkward start of conversation... She'll know why I'm there. Scared a the thought of medication though.
Also soul searching about the Breastfeeding. It's killing me emotionally even though it's physically not too bad. HV pretty much said she thought i should stop for my own 'health'. Was quite taken aback she wasn't more pushing me to stick with it...
feel so all over the place. I want someone to take decision out of my hands . Trying to remind myself bottle feeding won't necessarily fix all the 'problems'. This aside from the fact that B won't take bottle at the moment anyway!
good news is she's got 8oz on in 8 days finally got her birth weight back :) bad news is I'm gaining faster. My clothes after getting slightly looser are getting tighter again :(
please excuse random typos that'll be predictive text!

did you get that chat with the HV? totally know what you mean about the clothes :( xx

Lucy so nice to hear from you! :hugs: sounds like you're having a rough time. Can't give you any advice, but if you ever need to talk, you know where I am. What does OH say about bottle feeding? It might be an option cos although you say it won't help with some things it could allow someone else to give you a break and get some sleep and maybe a night off from the night feed? Or even chance to get out of the house alone?

Carolyn glad your boob seems better - thats a sentence I'd never thought I'd say to someone!!

Glad you enjoyed your hols Mercy know what you mean about nothing being better than your own home!

Labour dust to you overdue mums...you're still August babies though x Danielle definately ring the midwife if you're concerned!

AFM just cleaned and tidied the whole house and now officially shattered! Just need to mop kitchen floor and sort Jacob's splat room out but that can wait while I rest and have a brew! Bit nervous about getting weighed tonight...is that sad?!

Lou x

I didnt think i would ever lie on a Dr's table with a woman jiggling and squeezing my boobs haha xx

Congratulations x

What kind of pump you got hun? x

Me and a friend having been weighing ourselves every sat night and ive lost jack s**t. :cry: I just expected that with chasing after the kids and booby feeding the weight would just fall off.... if i should be so lucky!! be proud of your 3lbs!! xxx

Avent manual one.

did anyone else's movement's change when they got to there due date/go over. Mine seem to have slowed down ALOT and it's abit of one of them "has he just moved or is wind" its like waiting for his first movement again :S

hi ladies i haven't been on in a while been a poorly girl had mastitus and was ill so gave in and had antibiotics i have breast fed through the pain and i'm glad i did cause better now and it's been so worth it altho i'm falling apart lol got styes in my eyes cold sores all over my lips and am just generally run down but plus side i lost a stone when i had baba got weighed on day 10 of him being born and since then i've gone onto loose 7lb so all good going back to slimming world soon and want to loose 7lb before i rejoin at joel being 6 weeks old 7lb in 3 weeks will be ok by me he's weighing 8lb 14 oz now gonna be weighed again tuesday so i can see what a fatty he is he is a good boy and sleeps through from 8 til 4 have tried to feed him later but he likes to sleep from 8 bless him and be in his cot bless

congrats all baba's being born :hugs::cloud9:

I had an avent manual one first time round and it worked a treat but i got so angry and frustrated with the same one second time round that i broke it lol... i hired an electric one from my local hospital and its fab!!

My movements didnt really change with either DD but i have heard people say that they dont feel a lot of movements towards the end just because there isnt a lot of room... :shrug: Do you have a doppler? if not keep an eye on movements...poss right them down then give MW a ring? cant hurt! when is your next mw app? xx

I had an avent manual one first time round and it worked a treat but i got so angry and frustrated with the same one second time round that i broke it lol... i hired an electric one from my local hospital and its fab!!

My movements didnt really change with either DD but i have heard people say that they dont feel a lot of movements towards the end just because there isnt a lot of room... :shrug: Do you have a doppler? if not keep an eye on movements...poss right them down then give MW a ring? cant hurt! when is your next mw app? xx

I selt my doppler, OH's told me to ring MW and if she tells me to go get checked out, he'll come home from work to take me seeing as he sneaked of to work with the car!!
I can feel movement it's just not like it used to be :( he's having abit of a wriggle now...after eating a value pack of skittle's, but still nothing the same :/ still might give Mw a ring for abit of reassurance. I see MW on wed's next, I saw her wed's that had just gone and she said aslong as i'm getting 10 in 12hour's everything should be fine, and his heartbeat was fine the other day aswel...he's probs ran out of room or being lazy x

I selt my doppler, OH's told me to ring MW and if she tells me to go get checked out, he'll come home from work to take me seeing as he sneaked of to work with the car!!
I can feel movement it's just not like it used to be :( he's having abit of a wriggle now...after eating a value pack of skittle's, but still nothing the same :/ still might give Mw a ring for abit of reassurance. I see MW on wed's next, I saw her wed's that had just gone and she said aslong as i'm getting 10 in 12hour's everything should be fine, and his heartbeat was fine the other day aswel...he's probs ran out of room or being lazy x

yea if i were you i would prob worry too but sounds like he is just running out of room which is no surprise considering he is being stubborn and not coming out to play, no point stressing yourself over something if you can just nip to MW to have your mind put at rest! xx

thought i would share a pic of my beautiful girls.....:cloud9:

https://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/carolynsinclair21/46043_421350878911_505598911_4927293_1091533_n1.jpg

OH said it will just be because i'v dropped more these past couple of day's, plus his side is against my back so do you think that would make a change in movement's aswel? x

OH said it will just be because i'v dropped more these past couple of day's, plus his side is against my back so do you think that would make a change in movement's aswel? x

quite possibly. Ailah was back to back - all her movements were around the front of my belly, whereas abby always had her feet in my ribs!
im no expert but maybe he is turning ...? x

i found Jack was quieter the more overdue i went, he was back to back then right way round, mw said he was doing the baby equivalent of breakdancing headspins in there :wacko: also found he did a job lot of movements then went quiet - apparently theyre sleeping in there when theyre quiet ;cloud9: call mw if you are worried though as she will b4e able to put ur mind at rest. how over are you? :hugs:

Aslong as he stay's head down!!

He was back to back last week, then side way's this week.
Just being a pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->