****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Well, my midwife came this morning and has given me a sweep - wasn't too painful, not as bad as I had remembered from whenI had my son! Was quite surprised to find that I am 3cms dialated, cervix is in good position, 1cm long and soft - so things looking much better than I had expected! Now going to go for a long walk and keep on the move!
Only thing was she said that it is back to back - little monkey - so prob why I have felt a change in movements!
Oooh, I really hope things happen on their own and I can avoid induction! If not, I am booked in for thursday!
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! xx

No updates yet from Steph (guppy) on her journal...last I heard she's got contractions 2 min apart and intense, but that was last night...so hopefully she's snuggling with her little one right now!!!

Check back in her journal! Isiah has arrived! :happydance:

heya girls

I am good thanks baby france, could shoot the mil, but other than that I am on top of the world :D My hv is worried about me getting pnd over the mil, so they are monitoring me closely, as she constantly puts me down, tells me what i am doing wrong, even though everyone else says what a fab job, goings behind my back and tells oh, that i have done this that and the other, and doesnt believe a word the hv says about Kaiya (ARGH! sorry mini rant over) how are you?

Mrs P I hope you had a good time last night, I dtd this morning for the first tme since Kaiya, but I was caught unaware, and we didnt use anything :dohh: so off I have gone to get the emergency pill as I am not wanting a another little bubba just yet.......... We completely forgot to use anything as we hadnt needed to for the last 18months, and he caught me at like 5am, so i wasnt quite with it. But wow I have missed him, feels liek I am falling in love with him all over again (sorry tmi, what happens when i am tired)

Congratulations Guppy

Thats good didda, get doing star jumps now, and going for long walks, but by the sound of it it looks like your lo will be coming soon, so I have my fingers crossed for you.

Hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet Carolyn, and managed to catch up on some sleep, how are you feeling today? as the pain eased a bit now?

Any tips of a good diet, or exercises to do, to tone up and loose the pregnancy tummy?

Lynzie x

congrats Guppy :)

off out to a friends for dinner so will catch up with all you ladies 2moro xxx

HUGE CONGRATS GUPPY!!!!! I'm so excited for you.

Tonight we are taking a huge risk...going to Sheffield to see some friend's and OH's drinking....smart of him to choose wait until i'm over due to have a drink!

Hi girls!!!
Just a quick update on me, my dh, and my new LO :cloud9:
After 29.5 hours of unmedicated labor, i gave birth to Isaiah Joseph Kirsch via water birth (on Sept. 4th, 2010 @ 9:17am). His EDD was August 23rd. He weighs 7 pounds & 10 ounces, and is 20.5 inches long. The hardest part was being dead tired but i am so thankful that God gave me the strength to get through. I am so blessed to have this love that the Lord has bestowed upon us :cloud9: I can't believe that he is finally here! The birth plan was followed to a T and so we are very thankful about that. I just love him so much! Giving birth is so empowering to me!

Just got out of the hospital, had a c-section August 31st and my little arrived at 8:06 am weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. We are so in love! :cloud9:

Attachments

• Annalise in her swing #2.jpg
    Annalise in her swing #2.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 4
heya girls

I am good thanks baby france, could shoot the mil, but other than that I am on top of the world :D My hv is worried about me getting pnd over the mil, so they are monitoring me closely, as she constantly puts me down, tells me what i am doing wrong, even though everyone else says what a fab job, goings behind my back and tells oh, that i have done this that and the other, and doesnt believe a word the hv says about Kaiya (ARGH! sorry mini rant over) how are you?

Mrs P I hope you had a good time last night, I dtd this morning for the first tme since Kaiya, but I was caught unaware, and we didnt use anything :dohh: so off I have gone to get the emergency pill as I am not wanting a another little bubba just yet.......... We completely forgot to use anything as we hadnt needed to for the last 18months, and he caught me at like 5am, so i wasnt quite with it. But wow I have missed him, feels liek I am falling in love with him all over again (sorry tmi, what happens when i am tired)

Congratulations Guppy

Thats good didda, get doing star jumps now, and going for long walks, but by the sound of it it looks like your lo will be coming soon, so I have my fingers crossed for you.

Hope you enjoyed your peace and quiet Carolyn, and managed to catch up on some sleep, how are you feeling today? as the pain eased a bit now?

Any tips of a good diet, or exercises to do, to tone up and loose the pregnancy tummy?

Lynzie x

hey hun, yea anti biotics are working a treat. Im mixed bottle and boob feeding now though to give myself a break.
Did get peace and quiet in the end because i had another row with FOB. nothng new tbh - he seems to need a good argument once a month or so....idiot. all fixed now though xx

Hi girls!!!
After 29.5 hours of unmedicated labor, i gave birth to Isaiah Joseph Kirsch via water birth (on Sept. 4th, 2010 @ 9:17am). His EDD was August 23rd. He weighs 7 pounds & 10 ounces, and is 20.5 inches long. The hardest part was being dead tired but i am so thankful that God gave me the strength to get through. I am so blessed to have this love that the Lord has bestowed upon us :cloud9: I can't believe that he is finally here! The birth plan was followed to a T and so we are very thankful about that. I just love him so much! Giving birth is so empowering to me!

well done you and congratulations!!! xx

Just got out of the hospital, had a c-section August 31st and my little arrived at 8:06 am weighing 6 lbs 8 oz. We are so in love! :cloud9:

congratulations xxx

Congratulations new mummies.

I'm still here :( lot's of braxton hick's but nothing more.
been noticing like a trickling when i'm sat down or stood up, but never really felt that damp so must just be discharge

Congratulations new mummies.

I'm still here :( lot's of braxton hick's but nothing more.
been noticing like a trickling when i'm sat down or stood up, but never really felt that damp so must just be discharge

i would mention that to MW hun could be back waters? :shrug:

AFM -

AILAH SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!​
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

well ladies, sorry i have not updated before now...

Ruby Grace was born August 29th at 10.35am weighing 8lb 8.

Had an 8 hour labour from first contraction to her being born, and I am so proud I didnt have an epidural this time, only g&a :happydance:

At the initial check by the pediatritian they tested her for jaundice, and it was at a high level, especially as she was less than 24 hours old so they decided to keep us in hospital. Her levels kept rising so on the sunday night she ended up in an incubator on a bilimat to bring down the bilirubin levels. I was only supposed to bring her out for feed so it was soooo difficult. They kept taking blood from her heel every 6 hours to check her levels, and although they did keep rising, they didnt go over the point where they were too concerned...and eventually on Tuesday night they started to fall so she was allowed out of the box :D and wednesday afternoon they had fallen again and we were allowed home :happydance:

We have spent the last few days settling in, she is a very hungry baby and seems to want to BF all the time!! She is either awake and feeding, asleep, or screaming and looking for a feed lol. Whe had a better night last night though so hopefully things will calm down a bit.

My nipples have been soooo sore, they have not cracked or anything but every time she latches on I nearly die, it eases off though and the MW says im obviously doing something right as after losing some of her birthweight and going down to 7lb 15 when she was weighed on tuesday, when MW did it on friday she was up to 8lb 6 :D woop woop for boobie juice lol

Congrats to all the august mummies that had their babies and labour dust to those still waiting :hugs:

slather the lansinoh on em they will heal in no time - well done on booby juice weight gain! :thumbup:

slather the lansinoh on em they will heal in no time - well done on booby juice weight gain! :thumbup:

yeh I got some yesterday so been slapping it on after every feed :) I have heard everyone say its great :thumbup:

Mrs P you've been busy! I've got about 3 and a half stone to lose, in honesty I don't LOOK to bad...but it the heaviest I've ever been! I never got chance to lose the weight after Jacob. I put 4 stone on with him and only ever lost coming up to 3 before I fell pregnant with Emma! And before then the problems I had with my ovary was like being pregnant so again I'd put on weight!

Know what you mean about smear, as horrible as they are I want one asap. My step sister is only 24 and got diagnosed with cervical cancer in November and on the day I had Emma she was told they would no longer give her chemo as they can't contain it. Only weeks before she'd been told that contained she had 2-5 years, now every day is a blessing. My step dad can't even bring himself around to see Emma and my mum is all over the place! You couldn't meet a nicer girl either! WOW sorry...kinda waffled on then...

Guppy How are you? Hope you've had your LO?

Hope ladies, babies and remaining bumps are ok x

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear that. Thats what scares me it can just happen to anyone and its so unfair.

What days do you weigh in, I weigh in tomorrow. I dont look huge ( I dont think) but I do feel it. Doesnt help I'm a 2ft nothing!! :haha:

hey ladies,

Mrs P - hope you had fun last night hehe!!

Anyone heard form guppy?

AFM - Abby off to her grannys today and chris (fob) taking Ailah to his cousins daughters birthday party. So i should get a whole 2 hours with an empty house and peace and quiet later :D lol xxx

It didnt happen, he passed out but I did catch him in the morning so it was all good!! :happydance: :thumbup:

Hi ladies :)

Sorry not been on much am mad busy atm and also Avalon isnt sleeping too good so I spend a lot of my time sleeping when she does! Hope you are all ok :hugs: I promise to try and get better at checking in more!

James goes back to work on Monday and im on my own then in the day/back to doing school run etc. It will be weird not having him around during the day after a whole month of him being here!

Oh hon, no sleep is not fun.

Good luck for Monday, sure you'll be just fine. Us mummies are just made to manage. xxx

heya girls

Congratulations Guppy

Lynzie x

I have been doing slimming world and it is soooooo easy as a diet and I dont go hungry at all. Exercise, I cant advise, I am allergic. Although my friend wants someone to go swimming with her so I said I'd go. Even thought about riding my bike there, will only take about 7 minutes but its all a start.

I know what you mean about the DH thing, when I had E I couldnt stand Si to be near me, but this time I would miss him more than my right arm!!

Hi girls!!!

Congratulations hon, glad it went the way you wanted xx

Congratulations

well ladies, sorry i have not updated before now...

Ruby Grace was born August 29th at 10.35am weighing 8lb 8.

Had an 8 hour labour from first contraction to her being born, and I am so proud I didnt have an epidural this time, only g&a :happydance:

At the initial check by the pediatritian they tested her for jaundice, and it was at a high level, especially as she was less than 24 hours old so they decided to keep us in hospital. Her levels kept rising so on the sunday night she ended up in an incubator on a bilimat to bring down the bilirubin levels. I was only supposed to bring her out for feed so it was soooo difficult. They kept taking blood from her heel every 6 hours to check her levels, and although they did keep rising, they didnt go over the point where they were too concerned...and eventually on Tuesday night they started to fall so she was allowed out of the box :D and wednesday afternoon they had fallen again and we were allowed home :happydance:

We have spent the last few days settling in, she is a very hungry baby and seems to want to BF all the time!! She is either awake and feeding, asleep, or screaming and looking for a feed lol. Whe had a better night last night though so hopefully things will calm down a bit.

My nipples have been soooo sore, they have not cracked or anything but every time she latches on I nearly die, it eases off though and the MW says im obviously doing something right as after losing some of her birthweight and going down to 7lb 15 when she was weighed on tuesday, when MW did it on friday she was up to 8lb 6 :D woop woop for boobie juice lol

Congrats to all the august mummies that had their babies and labour dust to those still waiting :hugs:

Excellent, congratulations.

AFM - Still sex mad and off on one!! Got up at 4.30am this morning to do a bootsale. took £200 but used £30 float and £10 to do it so £160 for all E's clothes and I still have enough stuff to do another.

Si has arranged a babysitter for tonight so we are off out for a Thai. I am so knackered, cant be bothered but going to grab the opportunity with both hands.

Hope you're all well xxxxx

Hello mummies and (if there are any left!) mummies to be!

Just to finally share our good news. Christopher Alexander Maclean arrived 10 days late on the 23rd of August (Daddy's birthday!!)....weighing in at 10lbs 8oz.

Our lives have been thrown into chaos since, in the best possible way, and myself and DH are just completely smitten with our boy.

I hope you're all doing well!

x x x

Congratulations Guppy really glad everything went according to plan!

Alskanwhite Woo Hoo, your Little girl looks gorgeous!!

Yeah Tash so pleased your LO is here! Well done you and booby juice :happydance:x

Babybeemac Congratulations!! You couldn't have given OH a better present really eh!!

Lollip0p What a shame about MIL as if you haven't got enough to deal with than her interfering and stirring! Chin up honey :hugs:x

Hope you enjoyed your Thai Mrs P...and the rest of your evening :winkwink: My weigh in in Thursday! Never had to diet before, always been lucky and hoping two LO's will help for it to fall off!!

Carolyn That is sooooo cool about Ailah sleeping through, bet you feel like a new person again!

Danielle Tell Henry to get a wriggle on...we want to meet him already (bet your fed up of everyone saying that now!!) Hope you're ok

Hope everyone else is ok x

AFM currently up and feeding my gorgeous little girl (who I hopefully think will turn into a little ginger BTW) Spent yesterday in Blackpool with the inlaws and Jacob LOVED the sea and beach! He was shattered by the time it came to the lights and fell asleep at the very end (best bit) typical eh!

Then today went to the park with them both with my sister and had a really nice day! Apart from a little bully boy on the park...his parents did nothing but watch him when he pushed little kiddies out of the way! Feel sorry for kids like that cos if not taught, how do they know its wrong?

Lou x

Baby France - I said i'd be last one still pregnant din't I lol and i'm starting to think I really will be :(
I'm getting fed up full stop now :/ I want to meet him, and im sick of thinking "well should I go there, what if my water's brake" ment to be meeting a old school friend at the pub either today or tomorrow, before she goes back to uni wed's....and i'm worried my water's are going to go while i'm there or walking back on my own :/

Midwife wed's..maybe i'll take the sweep i'm offered, hopefully will book me in for my induction too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->