****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I can't believe I am still here :'(
Should have induction date booked this afternoon and OH wants me to have sweep :)

Hang in there and good luck with your sweep! Also, get some much needed rest for the rest of us who can no longer do so...

this time next week, I WILL be a mummy...or having a very long labour..
Got to go in Monday night to have a prostin tablet inserted (if my cervix has not already softend) then Tuesday morning at 9am they will start induction :)
So scared now :/

not telling anyone on my facebook about when i'm being induced...my internet is going to "go down" Monday night :) So can you not mention it on there or wish me luck etc.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Well I have been a BAD BnB Mummy and havent managed to get on much just lately! Sorry everyone! HUGE congrats for all those wonderful mummy's who have recently had their wee ones!
And good luck to those who are left! So excited for you Daniellelk

I have been busy busy and Mat has gone back to work and is away so my evenings have been filled with washing clothes/dishes/carpets that have poop on them etc etc haha! OH THE JOYS!!!!
But My little Georgia is an absolute dream! she couldnt be better behaved if she tried! and so far so good, I am still managing to feed her myself! ANd have braved public breast feeding quite a few times so WOOPWOOP!!!

Am off to do some MAJOR catching up on the pages I have missed!

BIG hugs
Nik x x

Hi ladies

I'm glad to report that I've finally had my gorgeous baby boy. He was due on the 16th of August, but didn't make an appearance until the 31st. Had to be induced in the end as he was far too comfortable where he was :)

Congrats to all those who have had their beautiful babies and good luck to those who haven't yet xx

Got to go in Monday night to have a prostin tablet inserted (if my cervix has not already softend) then Tuesday morning at 9am they will start induction :)

not telling anyone on my facebook about when i'm being induced...my internet is going to "go down" Monday night :) So can you not mention it on there or wish me luck etc.

Yay!! Isn't it nice to know the longest you will be pregnant for?! Yay, there is an end in sight! OK, won't say anything on FB. :)

Hi ladies

I'm glad to report that I've finally had my gorgeous baby boy. He was due on the 16th of August, but didn't make an appearance until the 31st. Had to be induced in the end as he was far too comfortable where he was :)

Congrats to all those who have had their beautiful babies and good luck to those who haven't yet xx

Congratulations!

well done on booby feeding mercy :) ive just stopped... only doing the first morning feed now but im proud of myself :)

good luck danielle....

Anyone else noticed how quiet this thread is now that the majority of ur have babies to keep us busy hehe.... really hope we all stay in touch though... dont know where i would be without you ladies xx

You'll be fine sweetie. Good luck. I'm so excited for you xx

Hi ladies

Congratulations hon. How much did he weigh and what did you calll him?

well done on booby feeding mercy :) ive just stopped... only doing the first morning feed now but im proud of myself :)

good luck danielle....

Anyone else noticed how quiet this thread is now that the majority of ur have babies to keep us busy hehe.... really hope we all stay in touch though... dont know where i would be without you ladies xx

Me too hon.

When I had E, 7 of us have stayed in touch and we met in June for the first time in 3 years

Congratulations Lou B

Morning everyone, hope ladies, babies and bumps are ok?!

Well Kev has gone back to work today after 6 weeks off! I've loved having him at home but within the hour of him being at work my house is tidy and I know the most of it will stay like that ALL day and maybe even all week! We're not doing to bad...fingers crossed!

Weigh in later tonight so hoping I've lost...but we'll see!!

Lou x

sure this thread will pick up once everone's settled with their babies :)
There is another August thread for all us over due mummies aswel

my wii fit told me i had lost 2lbs last night which is better than nothing.

Danielle - how you feeling hun?

Good luck on weigh in babyfrance - are you following any diet in particular or just being healthy?

MrsP - i went back and read the first few pages of this thread last night, noticed E was nov 08... so was Abby...she was the 11th :) didnt know about this site last time though :( wish i did.

AFM - having a really rubbish day today. weather is miserable and so am I. Ive barely slept and ive done nothing but clean and cry all morning. Abby at nursery this morning so at least she isnt seeing it. wish i had more help :( feel completely alone x

ANd have braved public breast feeding quite a few times so WOOPWOOP!!!

Go you! I was surprisingly nervous about going out to my favorite places and having to BF. Haven't really done much yet and I hate feeling like I'm confined to the house. Well, we did get some dinner yesterday at a restaurant for the first time and Asher woke up right when my food got to the table so I ended up BFing while eating. The most uncomfortable part then was not being in public but the positioning actually. Wasn't too easy to hold him up for too long... hoping to get better at it.

I'm ok thank's, my hips and lower back been killing all night, like my pelvis is just going to fall apart :( and still been getting strong cramp's and tightenings but nothing is coming from it! Hope something does before 5pm Monday tho.

Come on Henry!! Really hope things start before Monday Danielle... did you have the sweep?

Hi ladies

Congratulations!

good luck danielle....

my wii fit told me i had lost 2lbs last night which is better than nothing.

Danielle - how you feeling hun?

Good luck on weigh in babyfrance - are you following any diet in particular or just being healthy?

MrsP - i went back and read the first few pages of this thread last night, noticed E was nov 08... so was Abby...she was the 11th :) didnt know about this site last time though :( wish i did.

AFM - having a really rubbish day today. weather is miserable and so am I. Ive barely slept and ive done nothing but clean and cry all morning. Abby at nursery this morning so at least she isnt seeing it. wish i had more help :( feel completely alone x

I'm also just doing first feed of the day too - Bridget is so much more content with bottles in her - 3 hours between feeds instead of every 45-60 minutes!
PM me if you want to chat, it's no fun feeling like that. Did you manage to get appointment with GP you wanted?

ANd have braved public breast feeding quite a few times so WOOPWOOP!!!

Go you! I was surprisingly nervous about going out to my favorite places and having to BF. Haven't really done much yet and I hate feeling like I'm confined to the house. Well, we did get some dinner yesterday at a restaurant for the first time and Asher woke up right when my food got to the table so I ended up BFing while eating. The most uncomfortable part then was not being in public but the positioning actually. Wasn't too easy to hold him up for too long... hoping to get better at it.

Vesper, from my experience last time round, I found that finding somewhere raised to plant my foot really helped! eg if you're feeding on left, then try and get your left foot off the floor - on the rung of a chair, or the wheel of your buggy... then left arm can rest on your raised leg, and you're at least somewhat supported - and get a jumper or coat to wedge in under there as well!!

I'm really sad about stopping feeding, as apart from the frequency everything was going really well... And I saw some ladies I knew from boob club last time round yesterday and they were asking me how it's going, and I said I'd stopped and they were saying it's never too late to go back - which I know as I'm still having to express some milk every day, but I don't need to hear it from them when the decision was hard enough to make in the first place.

Waiting for an electrician now, half our lights have been out for a few weeks now but we haven't got round to doing anything about it, but as it's getting darker in the evenings then the girls are having a decidedly dim bath each night!

DH off on my bro's stag do this weekend, and given that I'm now not feeding Bridget, I'm entertaining the notion of going on the hen next weekend. It's going to cost a few pennies as flights to england now quite dear, and I'm feeling bad about the idea of leaving DH on his own, I dn't know why as that's what he's doing this weekend! And he had a stag do to go to in the summer, so I'm owed one weekend away I think! But I don't know if i'm ready to leave my little girl! Also not sure he'll cope - that sounds bad, but it's me that does all the sterilising and making sure bottles are ready to go etc, so I don't know if it would all go to pot! My mum will be around next door though, so I think it shouldn't be too bad...
I don't know, would you leave 5 week old LO for a weekend away?

no midwife was like "I don't tend to offer sweep's as In my experiance they don't work! just eat pineapple"
Didn't have much confidence in her either...couldn't decide whether Henry was free or 4/5th's, then measured my bump at 46 and when she got a midwife to check they measured me at 41. Didn't explain the induciton procedure, just gave me a leaflet, and booked me in with out telling me what she was doing.

that's shit. I think the stats for sweeps are actually very good... and not explaining stuff sucks. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I was induced successfully last time... but you've still 4 days for Henry to get a move on!

she gave me a booklet, that basicly say's that i'v got to go on2 the ward at 5pm, where they will examine me and do a pessery (SP) tablet to soften my cervix, OH will be sent home at half 7 when visiting is over for that ward, then at 9am they will take me down to labour ward IF there's any bed's available and brake my waters if the tablet as softened my cervix, if not i'l be given another and left for another 6hour's :/ Hoping that something is already going on with all these cramp's and pain's im getting. Dreading having to stop in hospital that first night on my own :( I know i'll want Mike if anything start's to happen! Hate hospital's with a passion aswel :/

Heya girls!

I am still here, mostly read the pages now, as i am not very good typing one handed and feeding kaiya with the other hand ;-)

Do you find wii fits any good carolyn? i never know if it would really help or not, but i wanna get rid of my baby tummy.
Sending you hugs Carolyn, pm me if you want to chat. x

Anyone know of a good diet where i can eat lots of nice food on in? im debating between ww or simming world, but i dont know which is best, espically running after a lo all day.

Danielle, I was induced with Kaiya, So if you have any questions i might be able to answer them, my mw was rubbish too, said your being induced when i was admitted to hospital for high bp, and she said nothing more, and i was like what actually happens and her reply was how long is a piece of string, i didnt actually fond outwhat happens till i got to the delivery suite, but if you have any question feel free to ask :)

I have just got back from my first mother and baby group which is run by the local hv, and it was so nice to be out of the house, and seeing other mummys who have had lack of sleep too, wasalso scary walking into a new class where you know nobody, hope that feeling dissapears as i sign up for more new groups.

And now i have to go and blitz the house as i have vistors all afternoon and evening. Anyone know a good way of shutting mil up? that tell you everyone thing you do is wrong? I would say soemthing to her, but i feel its harder as she is not my family, s i can be my usual self, but its making me feel so down

Hope you all enjoying the sunny weather today

Lynzie x

Carolyn :hugs: You are a super duper mummy!!! You definately deserve a gold medal :kiss: I'm following Weight Watchers and found it quite easy TBH (maybe should hold off saying that til later!!) I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't eat 'too many points'. I can still eat my maltesters :blush: and lose weight...hopefully :winkwink:

Lucy Hell yeah!!! You deserve a night/weekend away! I'm planning Emma to stop out at Grandma and Grandads at 6 weeks. Leave DH...it'll help him to understand what you have to do! And :hugs: I still get upset about not bf and I know that boob club girls are trying to help and support but as you said - you've MADE the decision now. It wasn't the easiest and you've done best by you and family!!

Danielle Just a thought but my consultant didn't tell me anything about induction...and I went into labour the next day? Kev and I said afterwards that maybe she knew something we didn't after an exam? Good luck honey x

Vesper I did what Lucy used to do when bf Jacob in public? Well done you!

Hi Lynzie..why don't you ask your MIL to help. Just say 'as you've got the best way to do blah blah blah, I'd really appreciate your help if you could just...' she'll soon get fed up if she's running around doing stuff while you sit and coo over Kaiya! :haha: She'll even stop offering the best way too?

Lou x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->