****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Danielle which hospital is it you are going to?

I was induced at Barnsley - hubby was sent home while I wasn't in actual labour, i.e. the prostin tablet had worked but there was no room for me on the labour ward, so although I was having irregular contractions every now and then, it wasn't full on labour. So hubby was sent home out of visiting hours (though they were sympathetic towards us and while I was in the bath or anything NOT in the ward with other women, they let him stay later so do ask).

He then came back once they said they had room for me over in labour suite....

It is usually the case that if you're on labour ward partner will get to stay, if you're still on the regular ward with other ladies, partner has to go. So if they give you the prostin and it works and there is room for you over in labour ward I shouldn't imagine they send the birth partner home then :hugs:

Hope this helps - know I haven't posted in AGES busy with little man, just wanted to pop this up quickly.

:hugs:

Danielle have you spoken to the hospital to ask about visiting, delivery suite is 24 hour visiting for birth partners its only the antenatal and postnatal wards that arent - ours was open different times for partners and visitors so hubby got to be there a lot of the time but on certain timeslots other folks could come too. Our hospital dont allow under12s but we asked and they let my son in and he is just 3 - tbh if you ask they will usually bend over backwards to accommodate you - my other thought is once the pains start be VERY LOUD as they are then likely to take notice of you and if you are dilated enough they will send you to delivery if not then they may allow you to walk around outside the ward with hubby to get things going, other thought is that weekends are good times to have babies as most babies are born in the week :wacko: I remember a pub quiz which said Tuesday is the most common day to give birth!

You will be great and it will all be worth it cos you will get a cuddle with little man :thumbup:

OK, Kelana spits up...ALOT. Projectile vomit actually. I changed her sleeper three times last night. Is this normal? My other two never had this.

Also, I have a cold sore...on my nose. I am so worried Kelana will catch it. Is it harmful?

Danielle...those pains that come and go MUST be doing something. I bet you are dialating each time a little, and then BOOOM...you are going to be in full-blown labour.

Visiting for OH is 12pm-7.30, then there is 2 1hour slot's for other people to come visit...but only 2visiters per bed, and only kid's who are allowed are brother's/sister's of the baby.
Can't see me going into labour while all this stress is going on :(
If it's not my OH, it's either my mum or his mum... and I cba with it, felt like telling my OH to f off out the house, but I know he wont go and will cause way more stress :(

Visiting for OH is 12pm-7.30, then there is 2 1hour slot's for other people to come visit...but only 2visiters per bed, and only kid's who are allowed are brother's/sister's of the baby.
Can't see me going into labour while all this stress is going on :(
If it's not my OH, it's either my mum or his mum... and I cba with it, felt like telling my OH to f off out the house, but I know he wont go and will cause way more stress :(

Oh dear. You are certainly having a time of this. Hope it's all over soon and you get to finally meet your little one!

OK, Kelana spits up...ALOT. Projectile vomit actually. I changed her sleeper three times last night. Is this normal? My other two never had this.

Also, I have a cold sore...on my nose. I am so worried Kelana will catch it. Is it harmful?

Danielle...those pains that come and go MUST be doing something. I bet you are dialating each time a little, and then BOOOM...you are going to be in full-blown labour.

Jas, have you trid changing the type of bottles you are using? I use Dr. Browns and they are amazinggg they reduce gas, spitting up, and colic! Mine rarely ever spits up now. Also about the cold sore, just make sure you dont touch her with it till it goes away so she doesnt get it!

Reflux? Bottle change might help, or different milk - a stay down one - can you mention to doc? Or a milk thickener like carobel?

as for cold sore, there was a post a few pages back about this - it can be a risk for newborns to get it, can't remember who posted about it, maybe they'll post the link again...

as for us...
well i can't remember if i said but I've decided to go for it and I'm off on my SIL2Bs hen do next weekend! Will be sad to leave B for 2 nights, but really looking forward to it!
DH is away on the stag this weekend, so I've just put both girls to bed (flawlessly so far!) had a microwave chow mein meal (very tasty actually!) and a lovely glass of white and I'm waiting for the troops to arrive - my SIL2B, and 3 good friends are all over from England for the weekend to keep us company while DH away - how lucky am I!?

Reflux? Bottle change might help, or different milk - a stay down one - can you mention to doc? Or a milk thickener like carobel?

as for cold sore, there was a post a few pages back about this - it can be a risk for newborns to get it, can't remember who posted about it, maybe they'll post the link again...

https://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=20099106759&ref=ts

Rant time for me again but im on my phone so it might not even make sense and fee free to ignore!
my life currenty feels like an absolute train wreck. I dont know wether im coming or going. I live both my girls to bits and would do anything for them but goodness im strugging.

Stupid drs messed up my app again so that had me in floods of tears. Spent the day in bed crying yesterday. Didnt eat anything yesterday and done nothing but eat today. My hv had to basicaly force a dr to see me - she threw a prescription for happy vpills my way and that was it.

Dont want fob to know too much. My sister and best friend have there own problems. Im exhausted and skint. Im so numb now. Im wandering around on auto pilot just doing the bare minimum. Im so lonely, feel like such a burden on everyone.

Rant over. Feel better. Might actually get some sleep now.

Oh and on a much lighter note. . .

Not sure if anyone has updated but blob has had her little girl! I will let her give you all the details but going by the photos on facebook her lo is just perfect xx

Oh and on a much lighter note. . .

Not sure if anyone has updated but blob has had her little girl! I will let her give you all the details but going by the photos on facebook her lo is just perfect xx

Jas, have you trid changing the type of bottles you are using? I use Dr. Browns and they are amazinggg they reduce gas, spitting up, and colic! Mine rarely ever spits up now. Also about the cold sore, just make sure you dont touch her with it till it goes away so she doesnt get it!

as for us...
well i can't remember if i said but I've decided to go for it and I'm off on my SIL2Bs hen do next weekend! Will be sad to leave B for 2 nights, but really looking forward to it!
DH is away on the stag this weekend, so I've just put both girls to bed (flawlessly so far!) had a microwave chow mein meal (very tasty actually!) and a lovely glass of white and I'm waiting for the troops to arrive - my SIL2B, and 3 good friends are all over from England for the weekend to keep us company while DH away - how lucky am I!?

She is breastfed. Actually, I posted this on my FB and I thought a fight may break out. LOL! Someone suggested a bottle as she may be getting too much milk. She does seem to choke and sputter on it sometimes. I am not willing to try that just yet, but I don't mind giving a bottle once a day soon...just not ready to go there yet. I love breastfeeding.

Congratulations Blob! Looking forward to hearing the details :kiss:

Lucy :yipee: For organising your weekend away!

Carolyn :hugs::hugs: Hope your ok honey!! Thinking of you x

Sorry JAS haven't got any advice...what does HV say?

How are you Moggy? Hope you're all ok?

AFM up with the monster and elf and we're going to Chester Zoo today with some of my family, hope we have nice weather!! Going to make a picnic too so don't have any temptations!

Hope you all have a nice day

Lou x

well...I am not happy with my baby!

Last night's event's....

from about 9.20 until 12ish say, I was getting what I THiNK was contraction's every 10 or so min's apart lasting between 40-60second's, went to bed at 12ish with 2paracetamol's because they was getting abit uncomfy, suddenly got more painful and every 5min's apart :/ so after abit I sent my OH to get my note's so i could give labour ward a ring (to find out when i'd need to go in and what I could do to help ease the pain abit), by time he came back up, I was due another one...well it didn't come :grr: 15min's later it appeared, so decided id ring labour ward when they got close together again...next think I know it's 4am! I'd fell asleep and was woken by a really painfull one....but then that was it for another hour :(
Hopefully after all the pain he's at least him moved down or i'v dilated abit

well...I am not happy with my baby!

Last night's event's....

from about 9.20 until 12ish say, I was getting what I THiNK was contraction's every 10 or so min's apart lasting between 40-60second's, went to bed at 12ish with 2paracetamol's because they was getting abit uncomfy, suddenly got more painful and every 5min's apart :/ so after abit I sent my OH to get my note's so i could give labour ward a ring (to find out when i'd need to go in and what I could do to help ease the pain abit), by time he came back up, I was due another one...well it didn't come :grr: 15min's later it appeared, so decided id ring labour ward when they got close together again...next think I know it's 4am! I'd fell asleep and was woken by a really painfull one....but then that was it for another hour :(
Hopefully after all the pain he's at least him moved down or i'v dilated abit

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

I never imagend he'd be this late! :/
Been getting pain's on and off alday, in my back alot aswel, going to have some dinner/tea when OH get's home then have a bounce on my ball :D
I'v done nothing today! Ment to be spending the weekend cleaning and tidying ready for Monday...but can not be bothered at all :( My mum's coming to help me Monday morning tho she say's :D

Talking about my mum...she's really annoying me atm :( said her and her friend are coming to visit me tuesday after i'v had the baby, but I only want Mike there, and she wont accept that :( told her I don't want any visitor's but she just keeps saying "not coming to see you, coming to see Henry" All i'm going to want to do is be with Mike and H and rest :(
Maybe i'll just not tell her until Tue evening that i'v had him...then we will just get complained out for not texting her the second he was born to tell her!

Aww, :hugs: i i went into labor 11 days overdue and he was born 12 days overdue.
I see that you are 11 days overdue, maybe you will go today! :yipee:
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

well been having the pain's again this evening, alot more painfull then last night, but again only every 10min's or so apart :/
We just got in (been to see OH's daughter!) OH wanted to take me to the hospital because of how I was having to sit in the car....if I didn't hold my self up so I wasn't actually on the seat, i'd have been crying with all the bump's in the road :/ so he thought I was in agony..when I wasn't.

Rant time for me again but im on my phone so it might not even make sense and fee free to ignore!
my life currenty feels like an absolute train wreck. I dont know wether im coming or going. I live both my girls to bits and would do anything for them but goodness im strugging.

Stupid drs messed up my app again so that had me in floods of tears. Spent the day in bed crying yesterday. Didnt eat anything yesterday and done nothing but eat today. My hv had to basicaly force a dr to see me - she threw a prescription for happy vpills my way and that was it.

Dont want fob to know too much. My sister and best friend have there own problems. Im exhausted and skint. Im so numb now. Im wandering around on auto pilot just doing the bare minimum. Im so lonely, feel like such a burden on everyone.

Rant over. Feel better. Might actually get some sleep now.

Hey hun, I dont know what to say but I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: I told my doctor that unless he has magic pills that make motherhood easy I dont want any. lol. Hope things start looking up for you. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->