****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

well done lynzie for going to the mum and baby group! it's so hard walking in to a room full of strangers!
I'm just back from lunch with one of the NI mummies who posts on here. She's a september star, but LO early, a week older than B! That was fun!
Electrician still not been :(
Mum says she's happy to help out if I go away :happydance: just going to check flights now!

thanks ladies...

hwm - Dr app is 2moro morning at 9! Im nervous to say the very least. FOB going to watch the girls so i get peace to speak to her.
I only crawled out of bed about an hour ago and i still feel bloody miserable...cant stop crying and feeling sorry for myself!
I know it would help to get out and go for a walk or something but i cant find the energy or enthusiasm to do anything :( x

Hey we have tried that Lou, we tried getting her to feed her, and we knew kaiya was hungey doing all the cues and crying too, and she just went " shes not hungry, she doesnt need feeding" and wouldnt feed her until oh took her off her and said she needs feeding.
its just frustrating with her, she tells me that she doesnt need to sleep, and promptly wakes her, as i say "no!" As kaiya doesnt really sleep in the day, like today she has been awake since 7:30am ish and she has only just gone to sleep, so when she does sleep i run around like a mad woman or come on here ;-) so i really appeciate when she does sleep, and plus as she is still not seeping at night, she is up every 2 hours for 30 mins to be fed.
*sorry mini stress out over*

how do you find it hwm meeting up with people from the net, who you have met on here or net mums etc?

Carolyn I hope tomorrow goes ok for you, sending you huge hugs!

well some of my best mummy friends now I met in may 08 group on babycentr... and today i met someone from BnB... it's OK actually. Weird when you're not sure who you're looking for, but it's nice cos you've got something in common already! never had so much joy with netmums though...

ANd have braved public breast feeding quite a few times so WOOPWOOP!!!

Go you! I was surprisingly nervous about going out to my favorite places and having to BF. Haven't really done much yet and I hate feeling like I'm confined to the house. Well, we did get some dinner yesterday at a restaurant for the first time and Asher woke up right when my food got to the table so I ended up BFing while eating. The most uncomfortable part then was not being in public but the positioning actually. Wasn't too easy to hold him up for too long... hoping to get better at it.

Vesper, from my experience last time round, I found that finding somewhere raised to plant my foot really helped! eg if you're feeding on left, then try and get your left foot off the floor - on the rung of a chair, or the wheel of your buggy... then left arm can rest on your raised leg, and you're at least somewhat supported - and get a jumper or coat to wedge in under there as well!!

Thanks for the tip. I should try that. I finally got out my moby wrap today too. I think it gave me a bit of confidence to go out of the house someday soon! Our LO just doesn't seem to have a schedule that I can make out too well yet. He's regular enough but trying to figure out how to fit in outings into those little gaps between feedings is confusing. I just find myself hoping he doesn't wake up while we're out. :(

HWM, was reading about the Multicultural fair at Redburn community centre thats coming up soon, did wonder if u may be attending?? Maybe finally meet another BnB mummy then too lol! we got too busy popping our babies out to ever get to go for that coffee haha!

well my day has perked up :D I was planning on next week being the first week of potty training with Abby but she just did 2 pee pee's in the potty in the space of half an hour :)
one on the carpet but im letting her off with that one haha!!

so proud of her!

Are any of you ladies in Scotland or am I the only one? xxx

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just got back from weigh in!! I've lost 4lb today and that means in two weeks I've lost Half a stone I know its going to get harder but really pleased!!

Sorry I'm not ignoring anyone!! Sorry Carolyn, I live near Manchester...a long way from Scotland :nope:

Lollip0p maybe :grr: will help the MIL? Hate interfering MIL's!

Hope you're all ok

Lou x

HWM, was reading about the Multicultural fair at Redburn community centre thats coming up soon, did wonder if u may be attending?? Maybe finally meet another BnB mummy then too lol! we got too busy popping our babies out to ever get to go for that coffee haha!

just looked that up - i'm going on my hen weekend that weekend!! but i know the girls in the 'NI crew' (local buddies) are having a meet on that saturday at the ulster museum...

well my day has perked up :D I was planning on next week being the first week of potty training with Abby but she just did 2 pee pee's in the potty in the space of half an hour :)
one on the carpet but im letting her off with that one haha!!

so proud of her!

Are any of you ladies in Scotland or am I the only one? xxx

Go abby! glad you're feeling more positive :) hope it goes well with doc tomorrow :)

my hip's are REALLY hurting now :( and im getting load's more cramp's and tightening :/ they will more then likely go when I go to bed tho :( don't really fancy going to bed with my OH tonight tho :( he choose's his time to be a twat!!

Hello mamas....

Really sorry i haven't been on here in such a long time. Congratulations to all the mommies who have had their babies and fingers crossed all the other babies will be here very soon!

danielle, i was induced and it really wasn't that bad. In fact you will get more mw care as they keep a closer eye on you to make sure you and baby are ok so there are pros to it.

So i've had a really crap week last week. I kinda broke down and just couldn't do anything. My mom had to have Peter stay with her for a few days and the doc increased my medication for my depression. I have a cpn coming next week for an assessment so hopefully will be getting more support very soon. Lord knows i need it. I really don't want to get poorly again.

As for Peter he is coming along beautifully. He know weighs 10lb 13 and is 1ft 10cm long! He is starting to go 5 hours in between feeds during the night but he is still a bit colicy bless him.
He is even starting to look around and smile now which is the one thing that is melting my heart!

Hugs to everyone xxx

Just been told by my cousin, when she was induced at hospital i'm going to, they didn't let her partner come back until 12 the following day! She was having to cope with really strong contraction's on her own all night and morning.
My OH is my birthing partner because he know's how to help me cope with pain :'( I'm going to struggle if they don't let him back until they decide he need's to come back!
I wont mind him having to go, but if my contraction's start to get bad i'l want him back...my cuz said she was begging for pain relief and her partner to come back because she was that bad but they just gave her co-cordomal's and didn't check her or anything until next morning :/

my hip's are REALLY hurting now :( and im getting load's more cramp's and tightening :/ they will more then likely go when I go to bed tho :( don't really fancy going to bed with my OH tonight tho :( he choose's his time to be a twat!!

Oh hon, I really hope that it is soon for you. They don't really send your hubby away when you are in labour, do they??? That's not right. :hugs: Keep us updated of any progress. x x

well ladies ... off to the Dr's i go this morning... if im not back its because ive been locked up and they have thrown away the key lol... im not feeling optomisitic... especially after the HV shipping me off to see CPN last week. :(

On other news... FOB slept on sofa last night with Ailah in her moses basket downstairs....the idea being that i got a full nights sleep. No no, Ailah and FOB sleep all night but im up every hour or so!! Fabulous! urgh... im such a moaning faced git atm... x

well ladies ... off to the Dr's i go this morning... if im not back its because ive been locked up and they have thrown away the key lol... im not feeling optomisitic... especially after the HV shipping me off to see CPN last week. :(

On other news... FOB slept on sofa last night with Ailah in her moses basket downstairs....the idea being that i got a full nights sleep. No no, Ailah and FOB sleep all night but im up every hour or so!! Fabulous! urgh... im such a moaning faced git atm... x

Hope everything goes well for you hun. If they offer you help take it! More support = you get better alot quicker! xxx

Oh hon, I really hope that it is soon for you. They don't really send your hubby away when you are in labour, do they??? That's not right. :hugs: Keep us updated of any progress. x x

pains got to every half hour, and I was managing to get some sleep, then at 8 this morning...nothing :(
Gutted.

Well according to my cuz they wouldn't let her partner back until 12 the next day!! :( I hope they let my OH back when I need him.

Brad was allowed with me when i was induced, he left a midnight after i had the first one,a nd taht one didnt work and they told me they were going togive me another at 2am in the morning, so i told him to go home and get some rest, and i knew i would need rest too, but he came back in at 8am, and was allowed to stay and stayed with me, the mw would have got a mouthful from me if they told him to go, but mw was lovely at the hospital,a nd plusyou can always ring you oh, and say you want him in, dont wait for the mw to do it

Brad was allowed with me when i was induced, he left a midnight after i had the first one,a nd taht one didnt work and they told me they were going togive me another at 2am in the morning, so i told him to go home and get some rest, and i knew i would need rest too, but he came back in at 8am, and was allowed to stay and stayed with me, the mw would have got a mouthful from me if they told him to go, but mw was lovely at the hospital,a nd plusyou can always ring you oh, and say you want him in, dont wait for the mw to do it

I know, I said i'd just text him and tell him to come...but the ward's are locked :/ mw/nurse have to let people in onto the ward :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->