****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

just a quick one from me...Well didn't Sunday night turn out eventfull!

Went to hospitl to be told I was only 2cm...so chose to come home, went to bed, had a couple of contraction's then must have dozed off! Next think I know...
12.38, i'm rolling out of bed, onto my knee's and leaning against the bed trying to stop my self from pushing!!
Woke Mike up announcing that I had to be at the hospital now...took age's to get dressedm contraction's being like second's apart, mike being Mike..."while u get dressed i'l have a fag!!"
Got in the car, still wanting to push...got to hospital at 1.10...some how made it to labour ward, announcing that I NEEDED 2push...midwife got me on bed, and bottem's off, gave me gas and air, put her glove's on, didn't even get a chance to bloody puff on the gs before she cme out with "bloody hell, there's alot of hair!! on your next contraction 4get about gas just push!" 16min's later....out popped H
typically me being me...when she said your a good pusher I came out with "year's of constipation when I was younger has helped with that!!"

had 2 tear's and a graze, so other then where she's stitched being sore all is well
h took to breast soon as I had him, but when we got onto ward, they decided they HAD to show me how to do it, and liturally forced him onto my boob...which stressed me out and led to him refusing it So bottle it is...going to try again with it 2mra tho x

Wow Danielle! That is amazing! Well done you! And welcome to the world Henry! xx

yay to all the mumma and their beautiful bubbas !!

congrats danielle.... x

girl i appologize that i have been neglecting you all !! you all know how chaotic my life is lol

lola is 6 weeks now and as perfect as ever.... x

ill be back tomoro to check up on you all.... try n get back into the swing of things. x

Well hello there everyone!
I am being very crap at this whole logging on and catching up thing lol!
Georgia is a whole 4 weeks old tomorrow!! where has thr time gone!

Congrats to 'danielle and all the other new mammas!

will pop by again tomorrow for a PROPER catch up x x

well while H is asleep...had ago at breast again earlier...but don't think it's going to be for us :( SO will try expressing some tomorrow.

Would have been home yesturday, but the midwife's was adiment H would breast feed, and when ever I asked for a bottle because it wasn't working, and i was just getting stressed and H was just getting more and more hungry, but they just kept saying "we'll try it this way" or "we'll give him abit of time and try again"
finally got a bottle in the end but then he'd only take 15-20ml have a rest then take another 15ml or so, but they wasn't happy with that they wanted him to have 30ml at a time, so his last two feed's in the hospital was liturally forced down him, and MW's messed my 4hour feed's...changed it too 5hour's then 3hours, so now want to get back onto 4hour's...just got to get the hang of making the bottle before it's due...not a prob during day, just night, tomorrow we will start at getting into a routine tho and get it figured out :)

Hope every one is ok x

awww bless ya... breast feeding is really demanding in the first few days, coz u need to let the baby suck to tell ur body how much milk to produce...... once it comes through its fine, and really easy. just have to let him try i suppose. i never had anyone helping me, spose i just did what felt right.

im not against bottle at all seeing as lolas on bottles already lol!! x

i hope you manage to get him eating... whatever it is lol x

congrats again!! bless you, i felt all proud when i saw your pics haha..... you did so good <3

--------------

lolas now in a perfect little routine, and sleeping through the night til 7am with no nightime feed. shes such a little angel. x

she looks so much different now from the very first pics, and already i cant believe how much she has grown in just 6 weeks. but saying that, shes still so lickle. think she gunna be a small one like ella.... x

when weighed ella is on the 50th percentile, shes been on it since birth. harry has been on the 98th since birth!! so i think i have another lickle girl. x

im happy to say ella n lola seem really close already, constant hugs n kisses, ella even holds her tiny lickle hands to 'dance' with her bless em. she even holds her and feeds her in the morning.

awwww love my babies......

oh and its diet time now !! need to get that prebaby.. pre harry body back lol, altho somehow i dont imagine ill be looking 18 again haha x well heres hoping!! x

hope your all well..... x

:hi:Mumma Sounds like you're doing an amazing job!! You sound much happier and positive! :hugs:

ahhh babe, yanno i have had a very stressful few weeks. fallen out with my 2 closest friends. which has been really difficult for me. x

but now im feeling far more secure at least. i know who my friends are, and the one i have are amazing to me and my babies...... i will be forever greatful to them for being there for me. x

olly doesnt live with us, hes still struggling with the change in his life i think. but we remain very good friends. so ill be here for him like i always have been.

today ive woken up in a positive mood :)

hope ur well... x

congrats danielle, that was quick in the end wasn't it - making up for being so late!
Hate it when MWs interfere even though they are well intentioned they could just do with taking a step back. Even if H is only taking a little at each feed he'll get there, he's still brand new, and I wouldn't worry about 3/4/5 hours just yet hun :)

nah not worrying about when and how much he feed's now we are home, he's feeding load's now. Think the MW's at the hospital just like to worry people!
Been on our first trip out today while Mike's still off, been for a walk around down and had dinner at a cafe (think my OH is ill, usually he'd head for mcd's or kfc!!), my side's hurt now, so it's a quiet night infront of the TV for me...think H has been kidnapped off me again...put him in his bouncer next to me....went to the toilet, Mike had moved him next to him!

TMI, Is it normal to lose discharge at this stage? like gloops off if. Went to toilet earlier and some just "plopped" (SORRY) out, then just done it again when I went to toilet when I got him.. midwife who came this morning didn't mention discharge..

Hi ladies!!! I've still been reading this thread lots, just haven't posted very much in the last few weeks -I usually read bnb while BF Alia so don't usually have two free hands to type!! She's napping now so I thought I would post :)
Congrats Danielle on your long overdue baby! You must be the last one of the August mommas to go? Isn't that what you predicted?? :haha: xoxox

Alia and I are doing well, I can't believe how much she's changed in the past month! She's a very fussy baby but we love her anyway ;) Here's some pics of our little princess

Attachments

• DSC00717.jpg
    DSC00717.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00771 - Copy.jpg
    DSC00771 - Copy.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00780 - Copy.jpg
    DSC00780 - Copy.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Danielle think the globs you mention are called lochia and yes perfectly normal - if larger than you think normal collect in tissue and show to MW - sorry if TMI

Hi ladies!!! I've still been reading this thread lots, just haven't posted very much in the last few weeks -I usually read bnb while BF Alia so don't usually have two free hands to type!! She's napping now so I thought I would post :)
Congrats Danielle on your long overdue baby! You must be the last one of the August mommas to go? Isn't that what you predicted?? :haha: xoxox

Alia and I are doing well, I can't believe how much she's changed in the past month! She's a very fussy baby but we love her anyway ;) Here's some pics of our little princess

i'm not sure, I had him when I was 13day's over tho! so i more then likely am the last one... if so, least he went along with someone!!
My mum said....i'd not cope with labour...i did, she called me a cow because of how I just (mum's word's) "popped him out like a pea", she also said i'd not go over...then i did :/ PLUS said i'd have a big baby! he was only 7lb12...she was predicting a 10lber... AH think H is going to like to prove his grandma wrong about stuff :D

Danielle think the globs you mention are called lochia and yes perfectly normal - if larger than you think normal collect in tissue and show to MW - sorry if TMI

They liturally just fall out soon as I sit on the loo...midwife's coming out again tomorrow so I will let her know. x

Danielle, do you mean bloody discharge? I had a few that were big jelly like globs that I could feel sliding out (TMI!)
Melissa, she's a wee dote!

As for me, started so positive this morning, B made it from 11pm to 5am, C woke up in a good mood and temperature fine finally. Then I managed t wreck everything by having left a pair of DHs trousers in the car he asked were they still there I said yes a bit crumpled he said why I left them hanging up I said they were hanging over Charlotte's seat so I moved them so he's having a strop as he's late for work and so I had managed to spoil the mood by moving a pair of trousers two days ago!

C keeps shouting at me. She's so bolshy. yell yell yell. I just ask her to ask nicely and it's still just yelling.

Friends just arriving now, which will be either great and C will be on good form and play nicely or she'll be so stroppy with the others for playing with her toys.

Danielle, do you mean bloody discharge? I had a few that were big jelly like globs that I could feel sliding out (TMI!)
Melissa, she's a wee dote!

As for me, started so positive this morning, B made it from 11pm to 5am, C woke up in a good mood and temperature fine finally. Then I managed t wreck everything by having left a pair of DHs trousers in the car he asked were they still there I said yes a bit crumpled he said why I left them hanging up I said they were hanging over Charlotte's seat so I moved them so he's having a strop as he's late for work and so I had managed to spoil the mood by moving a pair of trousers two days ago!

C keeps shouting at me. She's so bolshy. yell yell yell. I just ask her to ask nicely and it's still just yelling.

Friends just arriving now, which will be either great and C will be on good form and play nicely or she'll be so stroppy with the others for playing with her toys.

iv had a couple of bloody globs, not sure on the ones that just gloop out, for some reason Im thinking they was a yellowy colour, but cant remember looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->