****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

lol thanks Eoz, I kind of like the "hate" I am getting, makes me feel good considering I still have loose skin on my belly. Anyone know how long it takes for all the skin to go back to normal? I am sure having had only one kid is why I lost the tummy so fast.

Kelly I offically hate you too! (but in a good way) :D
You look amazing!

i could have gone worse hwm, there could be a cateorgy for how long did it take you to dtd after labour, but i thought that might be one step too far. I have such a dirty mind sometimes
:haha:
I will pm you when I am on the main computer, have stolen Brads netbook for two mins, also when you says about babys looking like mummy or daddy, do you want recent pics of mummys and daddys or when they were babies?

we still haven't DTD :( :blush:

Here is my post partum pic 2 weeks after delivery to the day. HWM I messaged you my weight loss. Wasn't sure if you wanted pic.

First is 40 weeks pg. Second is 2 weeks pp.

you look fab!!

Carolyn :haha:

Here is my post partum pic 2 weeks after delivery to the day. HWM I messaged you my weight loss. Wasn't sure if you wanted pic.

You look AMAZING!!! And in the nicest possible way...I hate you :sulk: Ha ha ha ha! Well done you x

AFM up feeding little miss, she last fed at 9.30pm, she's our gorgeous little elf all snuggled up. Had to go to A&E tonight with Jacob - he fell and banged his head in the conservatory and was really sick within about 2 minutes! By the time I got to hospital he was laughing and giggling away, but didn't want to chance it, fortunately they have a childrens a&e at our hospital (not sure if its common practise?) but he was seen and sent home within the hour. He's fine and dandy playing and giggling away on the way home but it gave us all a shock I tell you!

Hope everyone is ok x

Poor Jacob! Don't think we have childrens' A&E sounds good though!

OK, it is late here, so will do this tomorrow....will you all wait for me??? ...will get a photo of Kelana with her daddy...spitting image if you ask me (and everyone else who has seen them). Also, I will PM my birthday and weight loss. Oh, I will do the sibling age gap too.

Jas, we'll let people enter all week I think, no hurry!!

lol thanks Eoz, I kind of like the "hate" I am getting, makes me feel good considering I still have loose skin on my belly. Anyone know how long it takes for all the skin to go back to normal? I am sure having had only one kid is why I lost the tummy so fast.

Dunno mine never did!

This is fun, but getting confusing alread!! I'm keeping it all on a big spreadsheet :)

I have no idea how much weight I've lost as I didn't weigh myself when PG, but I guess since Bridget weighed 11lb, then it's at least that much :haha::winkwink:

I finally DTD last night! It took three attemps to be successful! This morning I Had a bit of a red tinge on the toilet paper when I wiped, is that normal after DTD for the first time after birth?

hey, how are all the mummies and baby's :D
H had such a agood night last night! We went to bed at 12ish, and he only woke for a feed at 3.30ish, then that was it until half 8 :) hope he's same again tonight as I am back on night duty!
Decided Mike need's a day just him and H, so he know's how hard it is, he's done his share this weekend but not done anything his self, had me to go sort the bottle while he see's to H, because apparently "he can't see to H and sort the bottle" yet I have to when he's at work.
I'm off in the bath when Mike get's home, then going to bath H, and we're both off to bed!

hope you're all tucked up in bed by now danielle!
i'm off to bed in a mo, our new car will be here in the morning, my parents are driving it over from lincoln for us :) it's all so shiny right now and will be covered in sea spray from the liverpool boat when it gets here tomorrow!

if there is one for longest cling-on stump we did 20 days :wacko: It honked!

I've added that to the list! Shall we give it another week and see what other categories we can come up with and then we can determine winners/vote as necessary!? I'll go through the front page and figure out earliest/most overdue/heaviest/lightest etc...

categories so far... keep the suggestions coming!

-first August baby
-earliest August baby
-last August baby
-most overdue August baby
-heaviest baby
-lightest baby
-biggest loser (for dieting mums!)
-baldest baby
-hairiest baby (?!)
-youngest mum
-oldest mum (would we admit?!)
-baby who looks most like daddy
-baby who looks most like mummy
-smallest sibling age gap
-biggest sibling age gap
-mummy of many
-longest cling on stump

Great idea

You look fantastic xx

Carolyn :haha:

You look AMAZING!!! And in the nicest possible way...I hate you :sulk: Ha ha ha ha! Well done you x

AFM up feeding little miss, she last fed at 9.30pm, she's our gorgeous little elf all snuggled up. Had to go to A&E tonight with Jacob - he fell and banged his head in the conservatory and was really sick within about 2 minutes! By the time I got to hospital he was laughing and giggling away, but didn't want to chance it, fortunately they have a childrens a&e at our hospital (not sure if its common practise?) but he was seen and sent home within the hour. He's fine and dandy playing and giggling away on the way home but it gave us all a shock I tell you!

Hope everyone is ok x

Is he ok now, poor little mite!

I finally DTD last night! It took three attemps to be successful! This morning I Had a bit of a red tinge on the toilet paper when I wiped, is that normal after DTD for the first time after birth?

I dont remember if it happened the first time but I have had it, but not too much seemed to happen after so I wouldnt worry too much.

AFM - I am 26 and 27 in 6 weeks.

Had a lovely child free day yesterday, mum picked the kids up and took them back to hers and Simon and I went to Ascot with all of his work collegues and partners and then we went to the local Thai restuarant on the way home. It was just sooooooo yummy, had a few little cheeky ones too, was lovely to relax.

Picked them up from mum's this morning. Just having some time out and then need to do a few jobs. Have SW tonight, although not to hopeful about jumping on the scales after last nights drinkies, but only have my self to blame. Must be super good this week, as having a very naughty weekend next weekend as we are out celebrating Si's birthday and our wedding anniversary.

xx

I was tucked up in bed for 9 :) me bathed, H bathed fed for 9 and in bed :) he only woke at one for a feed :D then 7! HV been today, H is average weight and head measurement's, but above average with his height.
He's started taking 120ml now on his feed's :) Glad he's on 1 a night tho, feel so much better for it today! Just hope he sticks at it. x

sounds like a lovely time at Ascot MrsP! Did you find it very awful leaving E and H? Hope your weigh in goes well - I'm glad mine's Wed as it feels like you have a few days to be good after weekend!
Danielle sounds like a good nights sleep! B was great last night and I was in to C 4 times again - grrr - she was cold, cos she refuses to sleep under the quilt - what do you do?!

I woke up at 4 but soon nodded back off :)
He's started taking just under 120ml, as off this afternoon...he take's that at his night feed, and usually just have 90ish in the day feed's but not today :)

Can anyone tell me what money we'd be entitled too, we have applied for Child tax credit's but not sure what else I should be applying for? x

Thanks MrsP & Lucy he's ok now but did have us really worried. There couldn't have been anything else left in his stomach, the thought of him banging his head now makes me feel sick :nope:!!

Good luck MrsP on your weigh in!! Glad you enjoyed your night off - you deserve it and I think even if you do put on...sod it, you've just spent 9months being restricted on your nights out etc!!!

:happydance: Lucy on your car. FREEDOMMMMMMMMM!! Enjoy x Does C wear socks to bed? I know its a bit lame but could help or even her dressing gown?

Danielle not too sure we get child tax credit & child benefit but not sure about anything else?

AFM Emma woke up twice for feeds last night after only waking once since she's been born. I forgot how draining it was and Jacob's teething still so he woke up just after we put Emma back down after her second feed :wacko: tired...much!!!

Slept today though as Kev and I took it in turns but he's at work now (working next 2 nights). But we've loved bath time together and Jacob's tucked up and just feeding Emma and then she's in bed!!

tonight C's back in sleeping bag - and asked for the quilt apparently - here's hoping that lasts!
Danielle I used this website https://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx - but DH and I don't get anything above child tax credits and child benefit - but that website allows you to tell your particular circumstances and it'll tell you what else you could apply for :)

I was going to mention a sleeping bag but wasn't sure whether you had one? Not sure how old they go up too? We bought one for Jacob today for when we go away in two weeks.

Feeling pretty blurgh at the minute. My head is in bits and I don't know why. I just want to cry?! Are my hormones still messed up at the min or should they have settled down by now?

Sorry for the blah post x

Sleeping bags go up to 36 months

You can get duvet clips...theyre in the baby catalogues you got with preggo mags but basically its a clip that attaches to each side of the duvet and runs under the mattress, will see if can find a link

https://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/sp+Moses-Baskets-Cribs-Duvet-Clips+A3071

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Duvet-Clips-/130435302088?pt=UK_Baby_NurseryBedding_RL&hash=item1e5e8cc2c8

lou :hugs: could still be hormonal. have you had a period yet? if it goes on for 2 weeks or more it's worth mentioning to HV/GP. where are you off to?
those duvet clips look good :) never heard of them before!

Well my twin is currently in the Maldives with a stop in Sri Lanka for 3 weeks and younger sister is getting ready for her holiday in Cuba while my dad and step mum are celebrating their second wedding anniversary with a cruise round the med.

Kev and I however are off to....Scarborough. Woo Hoo!!! I actually just cheered myself up. Had my period just being teary and feeling like crap. Want a big fat bar of chocolate and bottle of wine. I'm surprised my mood hasn't made me eat all the choc and crap in the house but am still sticking to it at the min.

Sorry for the waffle!!

hi ladies, im running away for a few days...best friend is being induced to i am going to be with her!
will catch up when i get back

:hugs: xxx

Well my twin is currently in the Maldives with a stop in Sri Lanka for 3 weeks and younger sister is getting ready for her holiday in Cuba while my dad and step mum are celebrating their second wedding anniversary with a cruise round the med.

Kev and I however are off to....Scarborough. Woo Hoo!!! I actually just cheered myself up. Had my period just being teary and feeling like crap. Want a big fat bar of chocolate and bottle of wine. I'm surprised my mood hasn't made me eat all the choc and crap in the house but am still sticking to it at the min.

Sorry for the waffle!!

good for you resisting the chocolate!
I'm sure scarborough will be fab, it's the getting away that counts!

hi ladies, im running away for a few days...best friend is being induced to i am going to be with her!
will catch up when i get back

:hugs: xxx

carolyn, good luck for your friend :)

as for us, off to playgroup, then m&s cafe for lunch - check us out! anyone know if you can spend giftcards in cafe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->