****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hiya ladies caught up on a few things i think my baba is the spit of his daddy its scary lol

he's been poorly lately all bung'd up bless him he's snoozing as i speak i have finally got my boy's birthdays done well it's conners today but anyway i have started the dreaded c word shopping 2 gotta be organised lol jutst got a new tree but not sure if i like it so i'm gonna open it then send it back if it's not nice obviously i won't be leaving it up u'm not that sad lol lost 1 and half lb last week at s/w and have been good again so i'm hoping for a loss again

can i sak how long did it take for you ladies to get your periods only he's almost 7 weeks now and nothing feeling pains but no blood i am breast feeding on demand will that effect it cause i read somewhere that i might not get one til i start to wean or stop bf and i read that i am covererd as far as contriception cause i'm bf how true is that got my 8 week check on 13th but i wanted to know asap lol:blush:

Hi ladies wow I dont check in for few days and the thread goes well busy!! Have read back a bit but not got lots of time to go all way back. Congrats to all the ladies losing weight Im down to nearly 16stone now which is the lightest I have been in a long time and its still coming off :happydance:

Avalon still doesnt sleep too well tried settling her in her moses basket in our room in the evening after her feed but she just cries and cries so we keep her near us in the living room till bed time. She still wakes in the night too sometimes twice so thinking about trying to give her a bigger feed later on and seeing if she takes it and it helps settle her for longer. Hope so cos Im knackered constantly atm! Have got my period back again too now which is reasurring and now jsut need to go and get some contraception sorted at my 8 week check up! Decisions decisions on what to try this time around as certain ones dont suit me im thinking I might try the coil! Have any of you ladies ever had one fitted?

can i sak how long did it take for you ladies to get your periods only he's almost 7 weeks now and nothing feeling pains but no blood i am breast feeding on demand will that effect it cause i read somewhere that i might not get one til i start to wean or stop bf and i read that i am covererd as far as contriception cause i'm bf how true is that got my 8 week check on 13th but i wanted to know asap lol:blush:

I never got mine with mogster til we were down to just the one feed, even then it was light and brief. Dont rely on it for contraception though i fell whilst BFing but we were ntnp at that point. Docs usually recommend the mini-pill - cerazette I think as it works but doesnt affect BFing. GP will likely bring it up at your check:thumbup:

Exciting stuff Carolyn!!!

Lucy I'n not too sure about spending the vouchers - I can't see why not though :shrug: We're really looking forward to getting away, we couldn't stop giggling when talking to my family about oue destinations!! I've got a date on Fri with big bar of chocolate and bottle of wine :thumbup:

Flutter poor little thing, I didn't have a period when I bf Jacob but the doc put me on the pill too - I can't remember the name though sorry!

Hi Lliena :hugs: I've decided now I know why lack of sleep is used as a form of torture!! Its a killer, we've put Emma on hungrier baby which seems to tide her over for longer - she'd only just get past 2 hours before wanting another feed!

AFM shattered is not the word. I've got a teething toddler and think its the dreaded back ones coming through and a very hungry/windy baby! I felt the wind in Emma last night and couldn't for the life of me get it up. Eventually came out at 10 this morning :wacko: and she nearly blew my blinking face off! Poor thing really struggled with it - going to start giving her infacol before her feeds again.

And we DTD :happydance: it didn't hurt and was really nice to feel like a couple again rather than sleep deprived zombies! It's only taken 6 weeks! Hope everyone is ok!

Lucy I'n not too sure about spending the vouchers - I can't see why not though :shrug: We're really looking forward to getting away, we couldn't stop giggling when talking to my family about oue destinations!! I've got a date on Fri with big bar of chocolate and bottle of wine :thumbup:

Flutter poor little thing, I didn't have a period when I bf Jacob but the doc put me on the pill too - I can't remember the name though sorry!

Hi Lliena :hugs: I've decided now I know why lack of sleep is used as a form of torture!! Its a killer, we've put Emma on hungrier baby which seems to tide her over for longer - she'd only just get past 2 hours before wanting another feed!

AFM shattered is not the word. I've got a teething toddler and think its the dreaded back ones coming through and a very hungry/windy baby! I felt the wind in Emma last night and couldn't for the life of me get it up. Eventually came out at 10 this morning :wacko: and she nearly blew my blinking face off! Poor thing really struggled with it - going to start giving her infacol before her feeds again.

And we DTD :happydance: it didn't hurt and was really nice to feel like a couple again rather than sleep deprived zombies! It's only taken 6 weeks! Hope everyone is ok!

See Im thinking about hungry baby milk but she might just be having a growth spurt as she is 6 weeks now if it carries on for anpther week or so I might make the change :)

hiya ladies caught up on a few things i think my baba is the spit of his daddy its scary lol

he's been poorly lately all bung'd up bless him he's snoozing as i speak i have finally got my boy's birthdays done well it's conners today but anyway i have started the dreaded c word shopping 2 gotta be organised lol jutst got a new tree but not sure if i like it so i'm gonna open it then send it back if it's not nice obviously i won't be leaving it up u'm not that sad lol lost 1 and half lb last week at s/w and have been good again so i'm hoping for a loss again

I didn't get a period til about 8 months I think when I BF charlotte... and it's not reliable contraception cos say you were just about to have a period but didn't know it yet, then you'd have ovulated if you know what I mean! So you ovulate and then when egg is not fertilised then that's your period... so if you ovulated getting ready for your first period back on, then you could have OV and not known and then get pg... sorry what a waffle!

Hi ladies wow I dont check in for few days and the thread goes well busy!! Have read back a bit but not got lots of time to go all way back. Congrats to all the ladies losing weight Im down to nearly 16stone now which is the lightest I have been in a long time and its still coming off :happydance:

Avalon still doesnt sleep too well tried settling her in her moses basket in our room in the evening after her feed but she just cries and cries so we keep her near us in the living room till bed time. She still wakes in the night too sometimes twice so thinking about trying to give her a bigger feed later on and seeing if she takes it and it helps settle her for longer. Hope so cos Im knackered constantly atm! Have got my period back again too now which is reasurring and now jsut need to go and get some contraception sorted at my 8 week check up! Decisions decisions on what to try this time around as certain ones dont suit me im thinking I might try the coil! Have any of you ladies ever had one fitted?

I had a coil before both babies. GP told me I can't have it fitted until 12 weeks though so not sure why? Not that we're DTD yet anyway...

Go you on the DTD! I might just have to drag DH to bed tonight when both girls are in bed - early evening before B is in our room!

As for me, missing my mummy friends locally, everyone seems to be busy and we're not managing to meet up at all :(
Happy and happy/sad afternoon. I was crying cos my friend had her little boy 5 weeks early, they're all fine and all, but she was visiting family in Kilkenny, 4.5hrs from home (where her DH was...) and she went in to labour and called him at 11.45pm, so he started the 4.5hr drive and eventually did it in 3h20 but their son was born at 12.04am so he totally missed it and she said that if he couldn't be there then she didn't want her mum or sister there either so she was just with MWs. I'd have been terrified. And now I'm crying again.
But then happy cos my friend who moved to Germany skyped me and I even managed to get the webcam working (hadn't installed the software on this laptop) I was really confused I thought laptop was on standby but it wasn't and started making noise which was the skype ringing :haha: so that was lovely. Charlotte was very confused by it though and didn't say a word, whereas her two year old was nattering away as she'd used it lots before... must get C talking to her other granny on there :)

Oh and then FIL is visiting this weekend which is not bad in itself but I'm having a moan about it cos Thur and Fri was the only days I was going to see my chums and now he's coming Thurs lunchtime and DH will be at work so I'll have to entertain... :(

DH and I DTD when Alia was two weeks old hehe
one of the positives of having a c-section ;)

Lucy you're friend is so brave! I think I'd be terrified to! Boo to not meeting up with friends! Good luck for tonight x

Melissa go you! We DTD 3 weeks after Jacob and it put me off (not for long though was pregnant again when he was 7months!)

AFM had a wonderful day. Jacob has been to nursery and Kev took Emma out for a couple of hours so I napped, had my nails done, hair cut and went on the sunbeds and feel so refreshed...really enjoyed 'me' time! He's back at work tonight so FX that I'll have a better night than last night x

We dtd about 3 weeks afterwards but havent done it since cos I hate the feel of condoms(TMI! haha!) and havent sorted out my other contraception yet! Plus Im bloody knackered all the time atm but its in the back of my head to get back on it so to speak :haha:

i haven't DTD with this one yet because I had that incision infection and then a possible hernia (which looks like it self-corrected) but, I DTD with my other two within a couple weeks. I think we will after my 6 week check-up with is actually at 7 weeks. haha. Scared, not of it hurting, but of hubby seeing all my fat. ick.

Are we still doing those fun awards? If so, who do I PM all the stuff too? I have pics, my weight loss, and birthdate. haha

yep me for awards!!
it's not how down below feels that makes me stop DTD, that's been fine for a while, just not feeling much like it at all, i never am much really, how we have two kids i don't know

I know what you mean Lucy all the running around after them never leaves you with any proper quality 'couple' time. I think that you'd much rather catch up on sleep or get the housework and that done!!

Maybe this is just me but if Kev doesn't show me affection or help out around the house its the last thing I want IYKWIM :growlmad:?! But saying that its done us the world of good today and its lifted my mood and made me feel loved and special again...esp after seeing his cheshire cat grin all day :blush: he keeps telling me I look fantastic and its given my confidence a boost. That probably sounds really sad.

is it only me that's going to bed and gutted we can't DTD because i'm still bleeding! :(

In abit off annoyed mood tonight with OH's ex, she best be glad it's going through solicitor's other wise i'd be more then saying something to her :/
H only woke once again last night :) he's on 120ml now, finger's crossed he only wake's once again tonight as i'm feeling al ittle tired today...finger's crossed he goes to sleep before 12 aswel! unlike last night...laid wide awake in his mose's basket, wasn't crying, just laid there...but I couldn't sleep until I knew he was asleep :/

i bleed for 3 weeks Danielle, and then we dtd after 3 days of me not bleeding.

I know what you mean lliena, me and brad arent huge fans of condoms, for the same reason as you.

yeah i am like that too lou, if brad hasnt helped me round the house or in general i just dont want to know, and sleep is such a great alternative too :D

i do the same danielle kaiya lays there awake for ages chatting to herself, but i too cant sleep until she is asleep.
normally she just lays there but tonight she is having a bit of a moan, and its hard as brad needs to be up for work at 6am
and the fact she has been up since 9:30am with only 2 20 minute sleeps during the day, and its now nearly 11:30pm............. she must be knackered, and even if she isnt i am!

here are some pics...do you think Kelana looks like hubby? Most people say so, except her skin is paler than my other two kids. I have white skin, so I guess she looks like me that way.

Attachments

• kelana and daddy.jpg
    kelana and daddy.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 6
  • kelana and daddy2.jpg
    kelana and daddy2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 5
i think they look alike!

We DTD at 7 weeks or just before but it took us 3 tries cause it was sore and tender. We're not using BC just NTNP so we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->