****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

i'm planning on going back on the pill, but been thinking about having implant or injection..

Personally I wouldnt have the injection again it gave me really bad side effects and my periods didnt come back for a yr after having my last jab. But everyones different and what suits some wont suit others etc etc :)

I never even considered the jab before, my mum and cuz mentioned it to me when we was on about birth control earlier.

I'm so tired this evening and my mum's helped with H today!! Don't know where my energy as gone :( Told Mike he has no chance of me going back to work, he's clearly not prepared to help in a evening because "he's to tired from working" yet im expected not to be tired despite I look have to H all day and night :( and he's ruined my nice little evening routine of bath at 8.30 bottle at 9ish then sleep! I'm a right grump's this evening :/

Great pics jasmak :)

I'm having copper coil again I think (yes, it's same as IUD whoever asked!) I've had two now and it's been fine. Slightly heavier periods but nothing too bad. I don't like adding extra hormones to the system. Prior to the coil I had depo injections for a long time, but stopped not cos they had ill effects just cos it's osteoperosis risk with prolonged use.

Anyway, not DTD is good contraception too :blush::haha:

yep me for awards!!
it's not how down below feels that makes me stop DTD, that's been fine for a while, just not feeling much like it at all, i never am much really, how we have two kids i don't know

Oh Lucy, you do make me laugh! Although you must be doing something right though!:haha:

I know what you mean Lucy all the running around after them never leaves you with any proper quality 'couple' time. I think that you'd much rather catch up on sleep or get the housework and that done!!

Maybe this is just me but if Kev doesn't show me affection or help out around the house its the last thing I want IYKWIM :growlmad:?! But saying that its done us the world of good today and its lifted my mood and made me feel loved and special again...esp after seeing his cheshire cat grin all day :blush: he keeps telling me I look fantastic and its given my confidence a boost. That probably sounds really sad.

Doesnt sound sad hon, we all love to be loved and shown affection, I think you're perfectly normal. I'm a nightmare, I wouldnt say high maintenance but need a lot of reassurance and affection.

here are some pics...do you think Kelana looks like hubby? Most people say so, except her skin is paler than my other two kids. I have white skin, so I guess she looks like me that way.

Most definately, her hair is gorgeous.

when you guys dtd............. what do you do with your lo's? of course i know when they are older they are in their own rooms, but what about now?

Till Henry was 8 weeks he is in his basket beside us. Most of the time it wasnt an issue, just when you could hear him noising.

My friend's sister also got pregnant on the coil and sadly she delivered her baby at 23 weeks and he didn't survive :( I've heard a lot of stories like that so I'm afraid to try the coil!! DH and I are going to use the "pulling out" method until we're ready for ttc again...wouldn't be the end of the world if I fell pregnant so not worried that it's not 100% effective.

Wow Melissa, you are brave. I planned my age gap between E&H and find it soooo hard at times, to have it even closer the thought scares me.

Hats off to you.

Hi ladies :hi:

Im back!! :happydance:

My friend had a gorgeous little girl... 5lbs 15oz both mum and baby doing well. Im so pleased for her! :flower:

Juts popped in to say hello...there are no doubts pages and pages for me to catch up on so i will be back with some chocolate and a cuppa when the girls are in bed :D :kiss:

Great news hon. Whats it like being on the other side?

i'm planning on going back on the pill, but been thinking about having implant or injection..

Personally I wouldnt have the injection again it gave me really bad side effects and my periods didnt come back for a yr after having my last jab. But everyones different and what suits some wont suit others etc etc :)

I never even considered the jab before, my mum and cuz mentioned it to me when we was on about birth control earlier.

I'm so tired this evening and my mum's helped with H today!! Don't know where my energy as gone :( Told Mike he has no chance of me going back to work, he's clearly not prepared to help in a evening because "he's to tired from working" yet im expected not to be tired despite I look have to H all day and night :( and he's ruined my nice little evening routine of bath at 8.30 bottle at 9ish then sleep! I'm a right grump's this evening :/

Oh hon, thats not fair of him is it? You know I left the kids with Si the other night, think I went swimming, no I didnt I went shopping for a new dress, left the house spotless came home looked like a bomb had gone off, apparently he had been looking after the babies.

My words were just a f*%king well you dont look after them cos I'd be going to work with no clean clothes and definately no lunch box, they make you die dont they?!?!

AFU - Life is just the same, although I have to be honest having a pretty rough week this week, not to sure why but struggling with motherhood and all out of patience. Its not even like E is badly behaved, just not very tollerable at the minute.

Baby group this afternoon, so that will get us out for a bit which is nice. Have a small basket of ironing which I may do this morning when I can be bothered to shift my backside!!

Starting a new play group tomorrow, looking forward to that although a little nervous. Although turns out Si's boss's wife goes so will know her, but still, I always worry if I'll find someone to talk to. Then we have the nursery ladies coming voer for E's home visit before she starts in 6 weeks. She's 2 on the Friday and starts nursery on the Tuesday. Need to order her little uniform. She is so ready for it, she is just getting bored and frustrated at home.

Stayed the same a SW this week, but not bad considering the weekend I had, but I have to be honest I dont feel sorry for a single mouthful or drop of wine that passed my lips, so here's to next week!!

Need to get H a doctors appointment, took him last week cos of his cough but its still not clearing.

E is now drinking out of a normal cup, bless her my baby girl growing up. In turn she is drinking less so I am going to try and get her dry as of next week. Would like her to be dry for when she goes to school.

Think I've talked enough!!

yep me for awards!!
it's not how down below feels that makes me stop DTD, that's been fine for a while, just not feeling much like it at all, i never am much really, how we have two kids i don't know

Oh Lucy, you do make me laugh! Although you must be doing something right though!:haha:

I know what you mean Lucy all the running around after them never leaves you with any proper quality 'couple' time. I think that you'd much rather catch up on sleep or get the housework and that done!!

Maybe this is just me but if Kev doesn't show me affection or help out around the house its the last thing I want IYKWIM :growlmad:?! But saying that its done us the world of good today and its lifted my mood and made me feel loved and special again...esp after seeing his cheshire cat grin all day :blush: he keeps telling me I look fantastic and its given my confidence a boost. That probably sounds really sad.

Doesnt sound sad hon, we all love to be loved and shown affection, I think you're perfectly normal. I'm a nightmare, I wouldnt say high maintenance but need a lot of reassurance and affection.

here are some pics...do you think Kelana looks like hubby? Most people say so, except her skin is paler than my other two kids. I have white skin, so I guess she looks like me that way.

Most definately, her hair is gorgeous.

when you guys dtd............. what do you do with your lo's? of course i know when they are older they are in their own rooms, but what about now?

Till Henry was 8 weeks he is in his basket beside us. Most of the time it wasnt an issue, just when you could hear him noising.

My friend's sister also got pregnant on the coil and sadly she delivered her baby at 23 weeks and he didn't survive :( I've heard a lot of stories like that so I'm afraid to try the coil!! DH and I are going to use the "pulling out" method until we're ready for ttc again...wouldn't be the end of the world if I fell pregnant so not worried that it's not 100% effective.

Wow Melissa, you are brave. I planned my age gap between E&H and find it soooo hard at times, to have it even closer the thought scares me.

Hats off to you.

Hi ladies :hi:

Im back!! :happydance:

My friend had a gorgeous little girl... 5lbs 15oz both mum and baby doing well. Im so pleased for her! :flower:

Juts popped in to say hello...there are no doubts pages and pages for me to catch up on so i will be back with some chocolate and a cuppa when the girls are in bed :D :kiss:

Great news hon. Whats it like being on the other side?

Oh hon, thats not fair of him is it? You know I left the kids with Si the other night, think I went swimming, no I didnt I went shopping for a new dress, left the house spotless came home looked like a bomb had gone off, apparently he had been looking after the babies.

My words were just a f*%king well you dont look after them cos I'd be going to work with no clean clothes and definately no lunch box, they make you die dont they?!?!

AFU - Life is just the same, although I have to be honest having a pretty rough week this week, not to sure why but struggling with motherhood and all out of patience. Its not even like E is badly behaved, just not very tollerable at the minute.

Baby group this afternoon, so that will get us out for a bit which is nice. Have a small basket of ironing which I may do this morning when I can be bothered to shift my backside!!

Starting a new play group tomorrow, looking forward to that although a little nervous. Although turns out Si's boss's wife goes so will know her, but still, I always worry if I'll find someone to talk to. Then we have the nursery ladies coming voer for E's home visit before she starts in 6 weeks. She's 2 on the Friday and starts nursery on the Tuesday. Need to order her little uniform. She is so ready for it, she is just getting bored and frustrated at home.

Stayed the same a SW this week, but not bad considering the weekend I had, but I have to be honest I dont feel sorry for a single mouthful or drop of wine that passed my lips, so here's to next week!!

Need to get H a doctors appointment, took him last week cos of his cough but its still not clearing.

E is now drinking out of a normal cup, bless her my baby girl growing up. In turn she is drinking less so I am going to try and get her dry as of next week. Would like her to be dry for when she goes to school.

Think I've talked enough!!

I can leave Mike a couple of hour's on his own (with no baby) and the house would look like a bomb's hit it!

H wanted feeding last night and I was sorting bottle out, Mike was trying to calm H but needed a wee so fetched him me...I just stood there and told him to manage because I had no one to give him to if I needed a wee, i'd have to hold it...ended up taking H of him in the end, then Mike got face on because he stopped crying! Had to point out it was because I'm the one that does most off his feed's and who he's used too, so when Mike gave him to me he thought it was for his bottle.

greedy gut's is taking 4oz now!! Woke for 2feed's last night, but it was like 12 and 6, so not so bad.

HWM it was me who asked about the coil so thanks!

Dh and I DTD last night for the second time and it was MUCH better. This may be tmi for some of you but did any of you notice having better orgasms after the birth of their first? Or is it all in my head?

Dh and I DTD last night for the second time and it was MUCH better. This may be tmi for some of you but did any of you notice having better orgasms after the birth of their first? Or is it all in my head?

I did! :thumbup:

Hi everyone!

Hope you're all ok and well?

Jacob and Emma have been a nightmare these last four nights with teething and growth spurts, not had more than an hours sleep but luckily Kev takes over when he gets in so I can catch up. I think he thought I was lying about how bad its been so he did the night feed last night (finished for 4 days now) and they did the same...at least now he's appreciated how much I've been up to.

Emma now weighs 10lb 3oz, my gorgeous chunky monkey and her neck is really strong now - she's tooting everywhere and she's so strong on her legs!

Got back from WW and I've lost another 1lb...only another 38 to go! Slowly but surely I WILL get back into my jeans. I'd be happy with a size 14/16 at the minute!!

Lou x

I did :winkwink:

What sort of nursery is E going to then MrsP? Good luck with the potty training! We still havent' started with C and she's 2 1/4!! Enjoy your new playgroup :)

Lou, sounds like you've been hard at work, at least Kev appreciates it now!

As for us, 2 nights now B has gone to bed at 7, fed at 10.30pm when DH wakes her and then not again until 7 :) It's a bit of stretch first night I had 2 lots of 45 mins of dummy trips, then last night she cried at 4.30 but settled herself, then from 5.45 to 7 I had to keep popping her dummy back in, but that I can live with. It's not like she was even that ravenous when she got her bottle at 7am! Long may it last...

FIL visiting now, he's the first one of our famliy in England to come since Bridget was born. DH a bit naffed off that none of his family has visited...

What sort of nursery is E going to then MrsP? Good luck with the potty training! We still havent' started with C and she's 2 1/4!! Enjoy your new playgroup :)

As for us, 2 nights now B has gone to bed at 7, fed at 10.30pm when DH wakes her and then not again until 7 :) It's a bit of stretch first night I had 2 lots of 45 mins of dummy trips, then last night she cried at 4.30 but settled herself, then from 5.45 to 7 I had to keep popping her dummy back in, but that I can live with. It's not like she was even that ravenous when she got her bottle at 7am! Long may it last...

FIL visiting now, he's the first one of our famliy in England to come since Bridget was born. DH a bit naffed off that none of his family has visited...

Aw...I think I'd be a bit miffed too! Sounds like B is doing brilliantly:thumbup:. We stopped using GF book due to what midwife said - but after last 4 nights of up and down etc told Kev we're doing it same way we did Jacob. Its been first day back on it and first time she's gone down like a treat. Fingers crossed it'll carry on and she'll sleep tonight!

What age did you 2nd time mums put LO in bed/cotbed? With Jacob teething when I've been in to sort him out he's been trying to climb out of the cot!! I know what he's like - he's so determined, the week after he crawled, he climbed the stairs and can already get out of the bath. We've made it into a cotbed now and last night was really bad - we found him under the cot at one point :haha:. He's gone straight down tonight but a little bit worried its too soon?! I don't want him falling out though :wacko:

I think they are too :D

Is anyone getting their lo christened? I am just wondering, as I really want kaiya christened but Brad is dead set against it, is there soemthing in the middle? someone said maybe kaiya could be blessed and then go back and do it when she is older............

Last night my little patch gave birth to 5 kittens, unfornately one was still born :( but luckily the other 4 are doing fantastically, We think she got pregnant as i was popping Kaiya out.

Whats everyone got planned for the weekend?

Me!! :happydance::happydance:

Wow sounds like B is doing just great. Slightly envious I have to be honest. Henry feeds at 6am, 11am, 4pm then 12am 6oz each time, although not ready for 7.

E is going to a playschool/pre-school. Dont believe its a private one. Its £10 for 3 hours, 9-12. She is so ready to go, think it will do her the world of good.

With regards to the potty, she spent an hour or so with no nappy on yesterday morning, 1 tiny accident but real tiny but no wee on the potty, but she will sit on it now so its a step closer I suppose.

Aw...I think I'd be a bit miffed too! Sounds like B is doing brilliantly:thumbup:. We stopped using GF book due to what midwife said - but after last 4 nights of up and down etc told Kev we're doing it same way we did Jacob. Its been first day back on it and first time she's gone down like a treat. Fingers crossed it'll carry on and she'll sleep tonight!

What age did you 2nd time mums put LO in bed/cotbed? With Jacob teething when I've been in to sort him out he's been trying to climb out of the cot!! I know what he's like - he's so determined, the week after he crawled, he climbed the stairs and can already get out of the bath. We've made it into a cotbed now and last night was really bad - we found him under the cot at one point :haha:. He's gone straight down tonight but a little bit worried its too soon?! I don't want him falling out though :wacko:

I havent taken the sides off of E's cot bed as yet, only because she hasnt tried to climb out, but my friend Kat has had Oliver in a big boys bed for several months now and he's the same age as E.

I think I am going to look at this after Christmas as want E's room re-decorated and think I will go with it all being a big girl.

Sorry not much help!!

I think they are too :D

Is anyone getting their lo christened? I am just wondering, as I really want kaiya christened but Brad is dead set against it, is there soemthing in the middle? someone said maybe kaiya could be blessed and then go back and do it when she is older............

Last night my little patch gave birth to 5 kittens, unfornately one was still born :( but luckily the other 4 are doing fantastically, We think she got pregnant as i was popping Kaiya out.

Whats everyone got planned for the weekend?

Oh lovely kitties, you tempted to keep any?

I plan on having Henry Christened, I believe you can have a naming ceromony, just the same but without the religion.

I have come down with a cold so just chilling tonight, with some yummy dinner, tv and Si. Gammon steaks, jacket potato and salad!! :thumbup:

Tomorrow morning we are off to the bank to open Henry a bank account, may go and get his photos done too so I can get a passport for him, just never know when you may need it.

Then in the evening have a friends wedding reception, so another night off for me!! :happydance: Although not drinking and going to ensure I have my dinner before going out due to diet, dont want to be tempted by anything.

What about you? xx

Mrs P what bank account are you going for, for Henry, we are looking for a savings one for Kaiya, but al the interest rates seem really rubbish at the moment.

I would love to, but we already have two, and two and a baby are enough for me, so I will find them 4 loving homes to go too.

sounds like a fabby weekend planned for you mrs p! I hope you feel better soon, so you can enjoy yourself. Lucky you, I havent had a night off yet, but next week we are going to smith and western, yippee! use some well earned tesco vouchers!

We have got family visiting tomorrow, Brad getting his clutch done on his car, so no day out tomorrow. Sunday we are going out just the three of us for a nice meal, gotta find somewhere to go first though, and have to do a bit of shopping too, so nothing majorly exciting, but its great as i get to spend time with my man and gorgeous girl.

Carolyn :happydance: yey!! Thats such an honour!

Lollip0p I know some friends have had their babies named in a baby naming ceremony due to them not being religious. If I remember rightly you can even go to the registry for it but don't quote me on it!

MrsP Hope you've been feeling better?! Sounds like you've got a lovely weekend packed...you've got a busy one next week too haven't you? You're doing fab on the diet with all these busy weekends!

We got a Natwest young savers for Jacob and Emma. And we've got to get Jacob's passport asap - my dad wants to take him away next March for a week and MIL said she wants Emma, so Kev and I are planning a week abroad somewhere nice and hot.

AFU we've been to Trafford Centre today and it was soooo busy - no doubt everyone has been doing their Xmas shopping and then to the new tesco near us which is the biggest in Europe apparently which was good. Jacob's out ALL weekend, my dads tonight and MILs tomorrow. Feel pretty lost without him and don't like him stopping out more than one night in two weeks but everyone's going on holiday so they want 'their dose' of him before they go and then we go!

Got my date with wine, chocolate and Kev tonight!

Have a good night ladies & babies x

great news hunny :hugs:

joel is so poorly at the moment choughing and spluttering sticky eyes etc he's not a happy little man cheers for all the comments about bf ladies they help i've been waiting for a period that doesn't seem like it could happen any time soon lol thank god because you ladies sound in pain lost 2lb this week at slimming world so just over half a stone now and heading in the right direction lol got a wii fit plus game and board i love it feel a bit of a knob doing it in front of hubby lol but it needs to be done and i will say he loves it 2 :blush: how are all the mommas and babas doing :hugs:

Lou, what did MW say that put you off Gina? Charlotte still has sides on her cot, I see no hurry. She climbed out twice at childminder, but that was ages ago and she hasn't tried again. Was going to say a sleeping bag might help, but you've already got sides down! What will he be sleeping in/on at your dad/MILs?

Lynzie, we're not having B christented, C wasn't either... yay for new kittens too!

Carolyn, how exciting to be god mum - no-one has ever asked me - we're not godly at all! DH has is a not-god-father though...

Flutter, hope Joel is feeling better soon... and great stuff with SW! We have a wii fit but I haven't been on it in a seriously long time!

I lost another 1.5lb this week at SW, so quite pleased with that.

We've had a nice day out today for all my moaning about FIL. W5, which is like Belfast's answer to the Science Museum...

Just had our tea, and I've made SW friendly crumble, and then fill B's bottles and then bed I think - would love to be tucked up by 9!!

I think with the B sleeping thing, it's been helped by my new medication :wacko: it's really drowsy making and at the moment I have to just take it at night because of that, but it means I'm super drowsy when she grumbles at all and tend to ignore and doze back off, whereas a week ago I'd hear it, and not go to her, but be unable to get back to sleep - so now even if I have to go and stick her dummy back in then I'm back under myself quite quickly and I never get to the stage of thinking oh I'll just feed her.... last night she didn't even need a dummy trip, but today she's been super hungry, so if it's another growth spurt (didn't have anything at 6 weeks, so still waiting) then I'm guessing she'll be up for milk... ah well, early night just in case I guess!

What a waffle!!

Hi everyone. I am going to have a peek through everyone's posts. Just a quickie from me. I am doing well, walking lots and losing weight. Can't wait to weigh myself again (next week). Haven't DTD yet, but I have my check-up next Wednesday so I am sure after that. I just feel so fat and ugly right now though! I am way more self-concious this time round, than the last two babies...not sure why. I am no looker to begin with! LOL!

Kelana is growing like a weed. I am taking her to the clinic tomorrow probably as her eye is getting much worse. It is green pus and her eye is red, swollen, and angry by night time. I think it is just the outside, like chapped almost from being wet all the time. But, I just want it looked at. She is a sweetie though. She sleeps with me at night, and she must have my head right beside hers, touching her. If it's not, she will put her hand up and feel for me, until I move my head back. So sweet.

Hope all is well with everyone and their lo's. Off to catch up now. x

So how is the contest stuff going? Or did we stop that?

Skyler is swinging away in his glider, he just loves it. Gives me a break to.

I haven't even started thinking about savings accounts although I should.

We're not getting our boy christened at the moment cause we're not attending church at the moment, maybe in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->