****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

well i got hte morning off today :) DH had a hospital appt this afternoon and was off this morning and C was at childminder, so I got to go shopping! Did another mystery shop and got some shoes for my bro's wedding this weekend :)

i don't know if anyone saw my post in chatter, but my twin sister has a pulmonary embolism and is in serious but stable condition in the hospital since sat morning. please send good thoughts and/or prayers her way. her name is tania.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that, thoughts are with you :hugs:

well i got hte morning off today :) DH had a hospital appt this afternoon and was off this morning and C was at childminder, so I got to go shopping! Did another mystery shop and got some shoes for my bro's wedding this weekend :)

Ooo I love a good wedding, is it a big wedding?

I lost 2.5lb this week :happydance:

Ooo I love a good wedding, is it a big wedding?

I lost 2.5lb this week :happydance:

Well done on losing!!

Well I'm all doom and gloom now, just had C in bath and she's covered in spots on her back. Think we've got the pox, which will mean she can't fly on Friday, and even if she can there are other small kids at wedding and at least one pregnant lady... and then I guess B will get it too. DH says he'll stay at home. Also feel bad as we saw my preggo cousin yesterday and she went to childminder today, so god knows what damage we've spread. I'm taking her to doc tomorrow, but don't know whether to say anything to my cousin now or wait until we know it's definitely chicken pox, don't want to worry her unnecessarily.

i don't know if anyone saw my post in chatter, but my twin sister has a pulmonary embolism and is in serious but stable condition in the hospital since sat morning. please send good thoughts and/or prayers her way. her name is tania.

Oh Jas I'm so sorry...sending best wishes and thoughts to you and you're family :hugs: xxx

MrsP Well done on the weight loss - thats fantastic

Lucy really hope they're just spots! Hopefully you'll be able to go with all of your family. I'd find out first if they're chicken pox before worrying your cousin!

Lou x

Lucy really hope they're just spots! Hopefully you'll be able to go with all of your family. I'd find out first if they're chicken pox before worrying your cousin!

Lou x

yeah that's what DH reckoned too - not like she could do much about it at this time of night. I know her son has had it so chances are she's already had it too...

Well done mrs p!!

Lucy i agree with babyfrance on this one! Hope its not the pox! Xx

guess its doing the rounds near you, Mercy's little one has it too.

Mystery shopper? I would love to try that.

Fingers crossed little ones better soon and they dont scratch too much, we still are awaiting getting it, hoping Jack a little older first

I agree with Moggy if I know of anyone around here who has it when Emma's a bit older I'll be having play dates with them!

It can turn into shingles in adults can't it? My neighbour had it and was really ill with it a couple of years back!

Hope she's ok this morning Lucy How are the awards going? Emma's got a head full of hair - but not as much as Jas's little girl and I think she looks more like Jacob than either me or her dad!!

Hope everyone is ok this morning!

AFU - Jacob is trying to talk! :happydance: I'm so proud of him. He said 'juice' this morning and when we say 'yay' when he does something good - he's started saying 'yay' back. It's only the odd word here and there but I was so worried cos all of his other little friends have been saying things for a while now. Sometimes I don't take my own advice in that they all get there eventually!

He's in nursery today, so I'm downstairs watching normal tv for once, nice hot brew and snuggles with Emma while Kev has a lie in!

Hope everyone and families are well

Lou x

AFU - Jacob is trying to talk! :happydance: I'm so proud of him. He said 'juice' this morning and when we say 'yay' when he does something good - he's started saying 'yay' back. It's only the odd word here and there but I was so worried cos all of his other little friends have been saying things for a while now. Sometimes I don't take my own advice in that they all get there eventually!

He will talk fully when he is ready, the little boy who lives opposite us is a month younger than Mogster, it is so easy to compare them but before Mogster was stringing his words together the other little one was saying "Daddy physicist" kind of figure he was gonna talk sooner :dohh:

He will talk fully when he is ready, the little boy who lives opposite us is a month younger than Mogster, it is so easy to compare them but before Mogster was stringing his words together the other little one was saying "Daddy physicist" kind of figure he was gonna talk sooner :dohh:

Ha ha ha! I know! Jacob started crawling at 7 months and walking by 10 months and I always told my friend that her LO would start soon. He babbles his little head off and is always shouting and waffling but now I can make out words. I keep repeating them for him and he knows what I'm saying.

He makes me laugh so much...yesterday there was a piece of cake on top of fireplace and we were playing on the floor. When he saw it (from standing on his tip toes) he started shouting at me and tried to make me stand up pulling on my arms and legs to stand up. It was so funny bless him!

well it's definitely the pox :( GP said it would be most likely OK by friday and just to not broadcast it on the plane... but the Patient UK leaflet they gave me said not to fly for 6 days after last spot appeared. And I'm worried by then B might be infectious too :(

Roll up, roll up, last chance to enter...

-first August baby
-earliest August baby
-last August baby
-most overdue August baby
-heaviest baby
-lightest baby
-biggest loser (for dieting mums!)
-baldest baby
-hairiest baby (?!)
-youngest mum
-oldest mum (would we admit?!)
-baby who looks most like daddy
-baby who looks most like mummy
-smallest sibling age gap
-biggest sibling age gap
-mummy of many
-longest cling on stump
-shortest labour
-longest labour
-most knowledgeable mum
-longest baby
-shortest baby

I've made pretty blinkies for the winners :)

Still all to play for in the sibling age gap, mum to many, knowledgeable mum categories... and I need photos for hairiest baby etc... so we can vote :)

Winners will be announced after the weekend...

I will do the award reply in a min, kaiya has just fallen asleep.

we are going to get Kaiya christened Brad has said, if it means that much to me then we can. know i need to ring up the vicar, and i know he is going to ask me why I want her christened, i know why I want her to be, but I am not sure I can explain it in a logical way, lol.

awww no Lucy, at least you can still fly if you want too, i think they are infectious 2 weeks before the spots appear, but i may be wrong

awww thats so cute Lou, you must be beaming inside :D

yep I've got zoe down :)

I know some of you have had LOOOOONG labours, so let me have the times for those!!

HWM - I have to be honest, I'd still be going as a family if it were me. They do say once the spots are out they are not infectious, I only know this for sure as my best friends LO had it a couple of weeks back and he had been round and I was worried about H. E&H had been in contact with him on the Friday his spots came Sunday but fortunately we escaped it.

I'm sure she'd be fine, but do what you feel most comfortable with. I sure she wont be infectious come the time of the wedding. xx

AFU - Both my poor babies are full of cold, H is already on antibiotics for his cough, think he's picked up another cold, this has been going on for 4 weeks now and E has a cold and teeth coming through. She has never suffered before but which ever ones are coming they are really letting her know.

Its our wedding anniversary today, although not doing much as we are going to go out at the weekend instead.

Planning to make Si a :cake: tomorrow or Thursday and then take it to the restaurant with us Saturday, show him up!! :haha:

Hope all is well xxx

Happy Anniversary MrsP!! hope your babies are on the mend soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->