****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

my little one is going through the same....around 3-4:00pm she begins crying, and I am unable to comfort her. I've tried burping, bouncing, flying, swinging, bath time with lavander...the bouncing helps for a bit then she wales again. So I've been giving some gripe water. and a tiny bit of tylonol. I think she may be teething, because she is trying to get both fists into her mouth to chew on.....and lots of drool.

yesterday i gave her gripe water and paracetemol, today i didn't as it didnt' seem to make any difference yesterday!! may try again though with paracetemol as i reckon even if not teething then after that much screaming I'd have a headache, so presumabley it's hard on her too...

ooh...I forgot to mention. To the day, this time last year was the day Emma was concieved :lol:

:hi: can i come back and play????
I've been such a crappy august momma!!! will u hav me back? sooooo many posts to catch up on x

Hi Nikki!! :waves:

Charlotte has decided to use the potty. one poo and one wee so far, so not exactly ground breaking, but seems irriversible now!

as for bridget, well it seems like from about half four on is the witching hour - she's miserable as sin, woke up in foul form, won't feed, won't sleep, doesn't want cuddled, or to lie down, or to swing. HELP!! anyone else's LO the same? she's swinging and screaming now cos I can't hack it and so I feel bad for letting her cry, but she's crying even when I'm trying to 'do' something, so I don't know what to do :(

:flower:
Waving right back at ya x
Georgia has her cranky hour while i am cooking rileys dinner each night lol, I have shamelessly taken to putting her strapped into her car seat and getting riley to rock her on 2 or 3 occasions lol!

Have you tried undressing bottom half down to the nappy and letting her have a kick, we do it with J if he gets narky towards dinner time and we give him a helium balloon to play with at the same time. He loves it!!! He likes the silver holgram effect ones best cos they catch the light when he pulls the tape.

:hi: Nikki, is he back soon?

Hi hun x x Hes back in about a week i think! Cant wait to see him now! seems like hes been away forever!

We used to do the helium balloon thing with riley too!

ooh...I forgot to mention. To the day, this time last year was the day Emma was concieved :lol:

Awwww I was thinking the other day that I am almost at the time we moved house and concieved georgia! Seems like a life time ago!

Well, where hav the past 11 weeks gone to? Cant believe my wrinkly newborn is now a cheeky looking, giggly, chubby cheeked little lady!
She amazes me every day with what she can do, and I am still head over heels in love with her! Riley is taking to the big brother rols VERY well, in fact he has supprised me so much! he gets a little over enthusiastic at times, and I haveto remind him that she is fragile lol, bu he is doing so well.

I am still breastfeeding but I am stressing this week as my supply seems to have dropped. :cry: I feel empty, She is getting hungry REALLY quickly after feeds and is having both sides each feed! and when i expess i am only pumping 2-3 ounces instead of the 8-10 i was getting before!
anyone else had this?? I am not wanting to stop feeding her and am pumping like a crazy person as well as feeding whenever she looks like she is even thinking about a feed to try and increase it but it isnt working I dont think!

nice to hear from you nikki! glad mr B is back soon!!
I get Abby to keep Ailah amused loads and she loves it haha!
No advice on the boobie feeding hun but you are doing a fab job!! xx

:hugs: to momma's with troubles what ever did happen to mom of 3 not seen her here in a while not been on in a while hospitals with fil ect but he's hgad good news and bad news he's had a thing on his lung it':hugs:s not the c word but it is where he had a huge blood clot and part of his lung has died so he's got to have injections now to thin the blood for 6 months ..........................gotta dash in a mo weigh in day :wacko: wish me luck xx

good luck flutter!!

I havent seen mumma on here in a while but shes on facebook quite often xx

was just g oing to say mom of 3 is on facebook alot but carolyn beet me to it!
i'v had abit of a mardy baby last couple of day's :( he's starting to only settle in the day for my mum (we are there almost every day) so think it's time I spend a couple of days at home.
My dad's birthday Friday, I can't afford anything for him but he did say he didn't want anything and we was to spend it on H and the house....but I feel bad because my OH's parents have had birthday presents and have had their crimbo one :/
Was going to go out for a meal Friday evening with my mum and dad, but OH's invited his parents to ours for some firework's!

Have you got a picture of him with H that you could frame? Or make him a card with H's footprints on? Both very inexpensive but mean more than spending money you dont have to him Im sure :hugs:

I second with what moggy may said :)

saying about presents what are you all giving to your relatives.from your los?

I've got a three month check with the hv on Fri, apparently its a routine check they do in this area.

Im going to try the helium balloon thing with Kaiya. What is the best age to do it with your lo?

my mums already got loads of pics of H up so wouldnt be anything new :/
my dad hasnt even held H yet :( nor as my brother!!

why do men not take womens feelings into consideration? :(

Hey girls

Sorry havent been about too much to post. Need to read back and have a good catch up. This week is mad. E's birthday on Friday so have been making her cake and getting ready.

Hope you're all ok xx

Bridget was the 7th I think...

:flower:
Waving right back at ya x
Georgia has her cranky hour while i am cooking rileys dinner each night lol, I have shamelessly taken to putting her strapped into her car seat and getting riley to rock her on 2 or 3 occasions lol!
Well, where hav the past 11 weeks gone to? Cant believe my wrinkly newborn is now a cheeky looking, giggly, chubby cheeked little lady!
She amazes me every day with what she can do, and I am still head over heels in love with her! Riley is taking to the big brother rols VERY well, in fact he has supprised me so much! he gets a little over enthusiastic at times, and I haveto remind him that she is fragile lol, bu he is doing so well.

I am still breastfeeding but I am stressing this week as my supply seems to have dropped. :cry: I feel empty, She is getting hungry REALLY quickly after feeds and is having both sides each feed! and when i expess i am only pumping 2-3 ounces instead of the 8-10 i was getting before!
anyone else had this?? I am not wanting to stop feeding her and am pumping like a crazy person as well as feeding whenever she looks like she is even thinking about a feed to try and increase it but it isnt working I dont think!

I must get charlotte to help out more :) Nik, keep at it with the constant feeding, I think you're doing it just right... it'll catch up all of a sudden on you - a growth spurt would indicate the really frequent feeds and in a day or two will hopefully settle down!!

:hugs: to momma's with troubles what ever did happen to mom of 3 not seen her here in a while not been on in a while hospitals with fil ect but he's hgad good news and bad news he's had a thing on his lung it':hugs:s not the c word but it is where he had a huge blood clot and part of his lung has died so he's got to have injections now to thin the blood for 6 months ..........................gotta dash in a mo weigh in day :wacko: wish me luck xx

Hope your weigh in went well!

my mums already got loads of pics of H up so wouldnt be anything new :/
my dad hasnt even held H yet :( nor as my brother!!

why do men not take womens feelings into consideration? :(

My MIL hasn't met bridget yet... I'm cross about that.

Moggy, stripped her legs tonight and she was a different child!!

I lost 6lb this week!! I did put on 1.5 last week, so it's averaged out to pretty much 2lb a week, but I'm so chuffed :) 1st 1.5lb since i rejoined SW

well ladies after reading about all your great weightlosses im off to the gym this morning :(
any weightloss tips??

lollipop whats this about a helium balloon?

Im feeling much better, it only seems to be about midnight every night i wake with stabbing pains downstairs but a hot water bottle and painkillers is helping!

Will check in and catch up tonight xx

hi ya ladies i lost 2 lb again this week so all good 1stone 2 and half lb gone now since rejoined class :happydance:
danielle why don't you have a pic of h or you kids when you was little put on a cake for your dad

Moggy, stripped her legs tonight and she was a different child!!

I lost 6lb this week!! I did put on 1.5 last week, so it's averaged out to pretty much 2lb a week, but I'm so chuffed :) 1st 1.5lb since i rejoined SW

:happydance: and :happydance::thumbup:

we did it with Jack about 8 weeks and he loved it, its much more animated now cos he got the hang of moving it himself.

Carolyn you give baby a helium balloon on a string about a metre long and they can make it move themselves with their hand. Jack likes the clintons silver hologram ones the best. The weight on the end will hold it down so little one only needs to grab at it to move it in the beginning and the more they get the hang of it the more they grip on to make it move. Its so cute to watch and gets us a good 20 minutes peace whenever he has his out, you can wash up etc and knock the balloon every now and again and even grumpy baby will calm down ....usually....

we did it with Jack about 8 weeks and he loved it, its much more animated now cos he got the hang of moving it himself.

Carolyn you give baby a helium balloon on a string about a metre long and they can make it move themselves with their hand. Jack likes the clintons silver hologram ones the best. The weight on the end will hold it down so little one only needs to grab at it to move it in the beginning and the more they get the hang of it the more they grip on to make it move. Its so cute to watch and gets us a good 20 minutes peace whenever he has his out, you can wash up etc and knock the balloon every now and again and even grumpy baby will calm down ....usually....

aaah ok... its Abbys birthday next week and im getting her a minnie mouse helium balloon so i will try it then xx

love the balloon idea but will prob have to buy two as i don;t think C would stand for B having on and her not

well today i pulled the ultimate mummy blunder... went out, all fine, had to drive around for about 20 mins to get a parking space (B asleep and C awake)... then it's a 20 minute walk to the museum at C's pace... so we arrive all flustered, and head to cafe, all fine, go to feed Bridget... lifted bottle with cooled boiled water out of end pocket of bag, reached inside for milk powder, and I'd forgotten to pack it - all measured out and sitting on the worktop at home!!
I had to leave C with my friend and walk 10 mins in the rain to find a pharmacy that had baby milk... nothing premade, so I ended up sitting in the museum cafe scooping out milk powder, and a different brand than normal too!! So far no ill effects from that though!
Just so glad I was getting milk ready before she was gagging for it, so she wasn't too distraught!! Hot and bothered mummy though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->