****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

:dohh:

We give Mogster the option when Jack has a loonie that he can have one too or he can choose a car or some sweeties from the shop next door - 9/10 times he wants a car - 20p YMCA or a little milky bar 17p sweet shop :thumbup: Hes happy and saves a fortune! We used to have a card shop that would refill the balloon for 50p or £1 depending on the size, Clintons did it too til they got a new manager :grr:

have any of you other mommy's had problems with bleeding after baby born? I have barely stopped for 3 months. I ease up and think its going away....and bang it hits me again...Dr's gonna send me for an ultrasound. On top of that I ended up with Shingles because of stress. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with bleeding and what it was caused by......Thanks Mommy's.

Hope U/S comes back with something useful lovin_it - no experience myself, but at least the doc is on the case :hugs:

This message was posted by a lady on another baby site I post on, I hope you don't mind me sharing it here - and I know our LOs are still too young for this to be relevant, but for those with older siblings, and for future reference.

Hi everyone

I am an old member of this group, my son Ollie was born in May 08, however I'm an older member of the March 2007 group so predominantly post there. I would be grateful for a few minutes of your time to explain what my project is all about......

https:/www.izzyandollie.com materialised when my daughter (aged 2 & a half) called 999 for me following an anaphylactic shock.

In the days that followed, my daughter Isabelle experienced her 5 minutes of fame! I was taken aback by comments made by the general public. As most parents do, I thought Isabelle was a bright child, but firmly believe children can be taught anything if you repeat it often enough to them. I do not consider my child to be a genius as one article kindly described her, just one who listens and absorbs information.

This made me consider how wonderful it would be if all young children could be educated about emergency situations. To simply learn their full name, age and address as early as possible is highly beneficial to themselves, to help saves someone?s life is truly amazing.

I have no doubt there are many people in the country who suffer from an illness or acute condition which could require emergency care. Diabetics and epileptics are just a couple to mention, and a common condition. If, like I was, you were at home with only your young children, you may be relying on them for assistance one day. It would be tragic if parents had not considered teaching their children a basic emergency response simply because they considered them too young to understand, or incapable of doing so. My daughter is living proof! It is because of this I have written four children's books (currently with Publishers) targeted at pre-school children. The stories are based on a brother and sister who find themselves in various predicaments and what course of action they take. My DH and I are supporters of Help For Heroes. This charity does fantastic work with our service personnel and their families. We will therefore be fundraising to support this wonderful charity.

Please feel free to view the website and help me to encourage other parents to do the same. For those on Face Book 'Izzy and Ollie' is the page with all the relevant information on, please click 'like' if you did, so I have an idea of how many people have visited! If you are in a position to pass this onto any other boards you think may be interested I would be very grateful. The more parents I can disseminate this information to the better! Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Jo

Will def have a look, Abby knows her full name and the street we live on but forgets the number.

Quick question for those of you mummys with more than one LO, whats your morning routine? xx

routine gone to pot this morning!!
normally milk in bed for B about 7.30, C asleep or watching tv or clambering over us.
Kitchen by 8am, B in bumbo or swing, breakfast for C and I. half 8 B normally finishes her bottle and normally I'm hustling C to get dressed, but couldn't be arsed today.
TV for C (again, oops!) while I shower and get dressed and get B dressed, that done by 9, then finish cajoling C to get dressed, normally ready to face the world by half nine. if we have to be places earlier I have to get up and showered and dressed before they're up... be interested to see how other people cope!

I keep finding that Ailah is waking up much earlier than she used to... Im also relying on cartoons to keep Abby amused in the morning while i sort myself and Ailah... Hate doing it! Ive got a routine in the morning i just dont like it lol xx

or us Jack wakes about 6.30 so feed him then jump in the shower whilst he plays on his gym, Mogster will wake up usually whilst Im feeding Jack and announces himself! He then plays in his room til I go in and pull curtains etc before getting in the shower. After shower I dress Mogster and change and dress Jack then we all go down for breakfast. Jack will play with his gym or sit in his bouncer whilst Mogster has porridge and I have toast, then its quick change for Mogster into his uniform and quick pee before Jack goes in his pram and we head of to nursery school - class starts at 8.30 we leave about 8.20 Jack will have a nap on the way and then sleeps til almost 9

Weekends are so much slacker, given OH can help out youd think we'd be quicker but we seem to dawdle more :wacko:

Loved the FB status about girls and twinkle twinkle :flower:

see my main problem is (and the reason i ask) is that Abby and Ailah tend to wake at the same time, between 6.30 and 7) and Abby demands to be fed immediately, she just wont wait. lol. Gets very upset if breakfast isnt infront of her within about 5mins of getting up so the last week or so ive been giving her her brekkie then running back upstairs to feed and change Ailah. I hate doing this! Ive even resorted to giving her her brekkie infront of cartoons because she was finishing her breakfast before i had finished feeding ailah and ended up screaming to get out of high chair... i just cant find a routine that works for us at the moment xx

carolyn, could something wait with ailah? feed/change her downstairs? bring down clothes for her etc to do while abby eats?
I agree moggy weekends take longer when DH there - and another friend said exactly the same today!

could you feed Abby first then whilst she eats feed Ailah, nappychange etc could be done after they eat and maybe Abby could help....? Have you tried letting Abby try to dress herself....takes some time to try but in the meantime you can finish A's feed...? Only other idea i have is to have a special colouring book that she can only do whilst in her highchair?

hi ya ladies i lost 2 lb again this week so all good 1stone 2 and half lb gone now since rejoined class :happydance:
danielle why don't you have a pic of h or you kids when you was little put on a cake for your dad

My OH's mum made a cake saying happy birthday grandad :) but i didn't get to see my dad yesturday...i'll write in GS about it, I expect a mouthfull of people....so im not looking forward to the replies but need to rant somewhere :(

I have a night off woop woop... Abby and Ailah off to Abbys granny!

Im off to spend the day pampering myself then im going out to a friends for dinner then im going out to play tonight :D woohoo a whole 24 hours of freedom hehe xx

i'v just posted my rant on SS in GS
Im more then likly going to get slagged for it tho...its what I expect in that section now

Lucky you carolyn. Im off out for a meal tonight at smith and western. So my mummy is looking after Kaiya tonight for a few hours. Yay better not get too drunk as i am sure Kaiya will know i am out so will be definitely be waking up.

Anyone else find men can be a right pain along with oh family? or am i just really unlucky?

I haven't been online all weekend except on my phone, and BnB doesn't work on that!!

I'm here, just about to go swimming with B

Pissed off a bit, my parents are away for a week, fair enough can't argue with it, but they look after C on a Wed and they only bothered mentioning they are away all week on Saturday!! So I have at 11am on Wed B to go for jabs and Cs tumble tots. Obviously if I can only do one it'll be the injections, but I'll have wasted money on Tumble Tots :(
Wish they'd told me sooner so I could have figured out an alternative plan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"