****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Hi ladies,

Abby had a fab birthday... spolied rotten and loved all the attention!! HAd a nice little party on sat afternoon and i had great fun too.

For those of you who dont read my journal im off the anti depressants now... managing quite well. Had a couple of wobbly moments but coping a lot better than before!

Hows everyones weekend been? xx

Evening!!
I came on to tell you something but did the usual thing and forgot. NVM

glad Abby had a good birthday! and yay for getting of the anti depressent's.

henry was 2month's yesterday :) It doesn't feel like it was only 2month's ago that I had him, it feel's like year's, being pregnant and in labour is just a distant memory to me now :(
I defiantly feel I cope better as a mummy when it's just me and Henry at home :D I don't feel like i'm being judged when I do anything with him :D I just get annoyed with the cat's, there little bugger's :/ now I just need to build my confidence in going out on my own with him, other then my mum's or OH's mum's. If I plan to go somewhere where there is a mothercare close by I know i'm safe lol

Nearly ended up in yet another car accident today :( was going around a round about and out of nowhere this car come flying past and infront of me, to get off at the junction I was passing :( if I was going that little bit faster they would have smashed into the side of me or if id not put my brake on id have hit them :( or if I was taking that junction he'd have hit the back of me he was going that fast!

:wave: ladies so sorry not been about.to much going on x

Ashton is amazing and weighs a whopping 18lb 7oz now.I have him on baby rice and he is doing great with it x

:wave: ladies so sorry not been about.to much going on x

Ashton is amazing and weighs a whopping 18lb 7oz now.I have him on baby rice and he is doing great with it x

:hugs: Danielle x

Hi Carolyn, glad Abby had a great news, and fab news on the ADs!!
Danielle, that's great you're feeling more confident - I also hate when I feel someone is watching me and thinking they could be doing a better job than me or something - and I know most of the time they're probably not thinking that but it doesn't make it any easier to deal with! And that car incident sounds scary!!
Hi Zoe :waves: sounds like Ashton is doing brilliantly!!

As for us, well I dunno, kinda bumbling along. I'm finally seeing a counsellor on Wednesday after trying to organise it for about a year and a half - just have to find someone to take B as no kids are allowed

Ive gone from having the best weekend ever to a horrible start to the week!! I feel awful... ive posted in the GS for anyone who wants to read xx

posted reply Caro but gotta run as J having his jabs at 9.30 unless they have to be postponed AGAIN! Hope you sort it :hugs:

Hi ladies, I keep forgetting to come in here-so sorry! We are all doing fine :D Avalon is grand and is starting to smile now, she weighed 12lb 5oz at her lst weigh in few weeks go but I will update it on Fri as she has her next set of jabs then so will know what she def is!

Hope all mummas and babies are well :hugs:

Afternoon all :D

supposed to be taking Henry to weigh in, but the little chunk decided to go to sleep just as I was getting ready to go, he's been a grump all morning (despite the face he slept 10-6.30!) so I'm going to leave him to sleep and take him to weigh in next Tuesday instead.
Not best pleased with my mum, she's been giving Henry mash while we have been eating dinner, despite the fact I told her to stop it :/ she's got it into her head now that I should ask the HV if I can start giving him the odd bit of baby food.

Can you not find a creche near you ? x

I don't know anyone that will take her that young... I've just spoken to the childminder and her social worker was meant to do her annual check today and didn't show up so now she's worried she'll come tomorrow so I have to wait for her to call me back :(

Ive gone from having the best weekend ever to a horrible start to the week!! I feel awful... ive posted in the GS for anyone who wants to read xx

Just going to read...

Afternoon all :D

supposed to be taking Henry to weigh in, but the little chunk decided to go to sleep just as I was getting ready to go, he's been a grump all morning (despite the face he slept 10-6.30!) so I'm going to leave him to sleep and take him to weigh in next Tuesday instead.
Not best pleased with my mum, she's been giving Henry mash while we have been eating dinner, despite the fact I told her to stop it :/ she's got it into her head now that I should ask the HV if I can start giving him the odd bit of baby food.

Danielle, please don't think I'm having a go at you cos I'm not at all - your instinct is totally right to tell her not to - he is WAY too young for solids... particularly jumping straight in to mash!!
Some babies are weaned early on doc/HV advice but starting with very easy to digest things like baby rice or pureed fruit, not mashed potato from the dinner table. The guidelines state 6 months. For various reasons some will start earlier, but a baby's digestive system just isn't ready for it - some babies will have their guts developed sufficiently by 4 months, but the small minority like 5% - however something like 95% of babies have their insides sufficiently developed by 6 months, which is why that is the age given. Henry isn't even 3 months yet, so I'd be really wary. I hope that didn't come across bitchy, it really wasn't meant to, tone is so hard to convey when it's typed words and not spoken. Your instinct to tell her to stop was just right, and I wouldn't mention it to HV either unless you want her nagging you!! :hugs:

Hi Lliena :waves: sounds like Avalon is doing well :)

As for us, been to soft play this morning, and both girls now in bed - I would love a snooze too, but have too much to do so I shouldn't be on here either!!

:hi: everyone!

Got back from the Lakes yesterday and had a fabulous time. Really didn't want to come home and debating going up again in the next few weeks. So lucky to have friends living there with enough space for us!!

:hugs: Carolyn hope things are looking better today?

Danielle I completely agree with :lucy: you are not being unreasonable or wrong. Henry is too young and personally your mum needs to back off now. YOU are his mummy and are doing an amazing job!!!!! You should be proud of yourself for being strong and telling family no and doing things YOUR way. No HV would :thumbsup: weaning at this age unless medically necessary!! :hugs:

Lliena So nice to hear Ava's doing so well!!

Hope you can get something sorted for Wednesday Lucy Could DH not take an hour or so out of work? Are your parents still away?

AFU I feel like these last couple of days have been weeks I feel so refreshed but I do want to go back and wasn't ready to come home. I'm out for a meal tonight for sisters birthday. Oh and I lost another 2lb last week....40lbs since Emma was born!!

Hope mums and babies are well, Lou x

hey,
got everything from yesterday fixed but my heating brok in the middle of the night!! I have had the girls wrapped up looking like they are off to the north pole all day...

The engineer has just left and im back up and running again... not switching it off until its like a sauna in here xx

Glad you had a lovely time Lou :D

Keep the heating on Carolyn, is bl00dy frezzing out there.

Lliena, is good to hear from you, and glad bubs is doing well :)

Danielle, I have to agree with everything Lou and Lucy have said over the weaning aspect. Henry is far too young to have solids yet his body just isnt ready for it yet. my hv said to me they may consider putting kaiya on solids at 20 weeks, if her weight kept dropping, but its picked up now, so I am going to try and wait until she is at least 5 1/2-6 months old before weaning.
You are his mummy and you know what is best for him, not other members of the family, trust me I know where you are coming from on this, I have already had the mil and her sister telling me i should have weaned Kaiya at 8 weeks......... I know its hard, but you do feel better for standing up to them

oh forgot to say well done Lou on the weight loss, thats soooooooo good!!

I think I am putting weight back on after going back on the pill, so now I am thinking the injection might be a better option, anyone had anyone experinces with the injection?

oh and mil, now has come round and said Kaiya will get MS when she is older, as she has it........ wicked witch she is!

Danielle we weaned Mogster at 19 weeks and that was really hard cos he was so small but HV and GP recommended it as he wasnt gaining as he had been and he was getting susceptible to bronchiolitis so they were hoping to boost him a little, even so it was a tiny bit of baby rice to start and very gradual.

Sounds like your mummy instinct is spot on and maybe you need to stand up to your mum over this, hes your son not hers and she needs to respect that fact and your role as his mother - she is "just" his grandmother - I say "just" like that because it is an important role BUT she must follow YOUR lead unless invited to offer advice!

:oops: Pot/kettle heres me dishing it out too :blush: Follow your instincts hon, youre doing a fab job:hugs:

It was only the tiniest bit of mash but I still wasn't happy with her, had to tell her about 3time's I felt like getting p from the table getting Henry ready and coming home, infact i'v felt like doing that a few time's lately, i'v stopped going to inlaw's as much because they do my head in! And now it's looking like im going to have to spend less time at my mum's.
Look's like we will be staying in the house at mine all the time :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->