****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Yeah exactly, it's whatever works best for you nd your baby hun :D

I may go for a little walk this afternoon, just to see how the pram is in the snow :D

I'v baked a nice yummy choc cake this morning (ok it may taste like rubbish..not had any yet!) after I said yesterday I was going to go on a diet!
Henry as started downing 6oz (out of a 7oz bottle) then wanting another bottle with in two hour's :/ he's usually 3-4hour's between feed's...but he's still sleeping from 11 until 9 :D So I guess I can't complain :/

D you will love the swivel wheel change being on the frame rather than by the wheels - warmer fingers and can keep gloves on :)

I already do love that lol Mike doesn't like me having swivel on, so when ever he has pram he put's it to keep them straight, and I always have to take it off.

Henry has been on solids for the last week as he was waking in the night and he is now sleeping through again, 12 hours.

He is a hungry baby and requires that bit extra.

yay it was a growth spurt :) BLW is still on.....for now anyway! :haha:

Carolyn, did you get away for your trip out with friends?
Philly, can't hurt to try warmer, (well at least so long as it's not burny hot!!) - I've found I've inadvertantly made it cooler a few times recently as my hands have been so cold it's felt hot, but when I've tested it on my arm/elbow I've realised it's actually fairly tepid! B lies on sponge baby holder thing at the minute, and seems happy enough, but I know about this age C started to use a sitting up ring thing (with the sponge wedged down the back to pad it out).
Moggy, glad you rode out the growth spurt - BLW still on!! Personally I'm in no hurry to wean - it's extra hassle, and we're only just really settling down with the bottles! It's odd though isn't it, as we have some babies like MrsP's H who are already over 4 months, and then B's just 3 and a bit, and others even younger!! Certainly I don't want to wean before we're back from our Christmas 3 weeks away... she'll be 4 and a half months by then. We started C at 5. I think the other nice thing about waiting if you can is that you don't have to just have rice, you can go straight for other things too :) We have the GF book on weaning (and like any GF thing for us it wasn't followed to the letter but used for advice) and C is a great eater now :)
Moggy, which playmat did you get? And could you flog the P&T?

As for us, well it started so well, great day Friday, scan over V quickly (have to wait a few weeks for results though), Room on the Broom was awesome and both girls v well behaved. Then down to my cousins for a whole family sleepover - so proud of C, she slept in with 5 other kids (2x 4 year old, 8 years and 2x 9 years!!) and didn't appear until 6.30 in the morning :)
Lovely day Saturday, but I've been feeling down in the dumps since yesterday. Doesn't help that my phone's dead and I had lovely wee diary entries about B saved on there and I've lost about the last 2 weeks worth :cry:
Anyway, she's still asleep and could really do with getting up now, we're going to get our Pixie photos, then swimming, then my mum's taking her while I have manicure, pedicure, eyebrow threading and facial (bliss!!) Just hope B doesn't shout at my mum too much :wacko:

I will be back later but just in for a quick rant in the GS (have to put it there because i reckon FOB is nosy) but to say im mad doesnt cover it...will catch up later just wanted to say hi xx

Morning! Henry is still in bed!! The lazy bum...this is from about half 10-11 last night. I think I may start to put him to bed a little earlier if he's going to sleep longer. I need to go out, to the post office...but my lovely other half has not only borrowed my car for work(I wouldn't drive it in this anyway!) but he's forgot to take me the pram out the boot! So my dad's going to come round for me and we're going there for the day :/ only plus side, is it's warmer! Mike is having a whinge atm because our gas is over £60 a month and we're having heating on for 6hour's a day, house is lovely and warm when we have heating on, but soon as it goes off it's freezing :( When my mum lived here the house used to alway's be warm, so can't understand why it isn't now :(
Anyway....i'm going to go to GS to read your thread carolyn while I wait for Henry..

Carolyn :grr: men! Hope you're ok!

Hope you enjoyed your you time Lucy. Crap about your phone too!

Moggy Hows moglet now? We'll do same weaning as we did with monster. He was on 7oz bottles every other hour which was hungrier baby with a spoonful of baby rice in too when we decided it was time to wean. He was about 5.5 months. Elf is nothing like that yet, but whenever she's ready we'll start!

Boo on your mum Danielle

AFU Elf isn't well at all. She was up most of the night on Saturday throwing up, fever and shaking. She only came over with a fever only once yesterday so we thought 24 hour bug (its going around). But she started again today with a fever. The doctor thinks it could be her reacting badly to chicken pox (if its that - no spots yet) and wants her at the hospital if her fever starts again. My poor little baby :cry: Its horrible. She doesn't cry at all usually and her screams of pain are awful. I feel so helpless but she's settling on me! We've got to get a water sample too so spent 15 minutes hovering her over a potty before with no such luck. Will try again tomorrow though!

Hope everyone else is ok!!

well...Henry has really bad dry skin on his face :/ Doctor gave us some cream and oil for the bath but I stopped using the cream as it was making him go bright red, so been putting baby lotion/oil on it instead, but it's not getting better...well it is when we go to bed, but my morning (this morning expecially) it's like sand paper, so rang doctor's this morning to be told they can't get him in. My dad's going to take us to the walk in centre this afternoon I think...

heya girls!

How is everyone coping with the snow? we have got bugger all here, i mean it snowed for all of 2 mins! lol

How is everyone doing? i need to go back and catch up on the posts.

Im going to try weaning K at around 6 months, i cant imagine her eating, its bad enough getting milk down here let alone food. lol

Hows Emma doing today Lou, I hope she is a bit brighter.

Kaiya seems to begining to teeth, no teeth yet, but has bright red cheeks, very loose bum, chewing on everything in sight, and she also has conjunctivus too :(

Thanks Lollipop she's no better. Was up practically the whole night and monster decided he didn't want to miss out at 3 this morning and started building a den! Was on the phone to NHS direct and emergency doctor this morning and Kev was working nights too so was shattered this morning! Its definately chicken pox though, she's got blisters on her tummy and back. I wish I could take her pain away!!

Hope Kaiya's teeth arrive quickly too! :hugs:

We've got snow too..not lots but enough to cause havoc! I love snow though and so does monster!

Did you get your wee sample Lou? Poor Elf :hugs:
Lollip0p is she a reluctant feeder then? You may find she really takes to solids though if milk's not her thing!!
We had some snow, but it was mostly just hailstones lying and looking like snow, all roads and footpaths melted today, not even frost on car this morning - still bitterly cold though!!
Is it eczema Danielle? We tried dermol with Charlotte but got on better with oilatum. Sandpaper like skin could be scarlet fever though. Did you manage to see someone at walk-in centre?
Well, nice day today for us, mums and tots this morning, then shopping centre to pick up our Pixie Foto order -they are amazing if I say so myself! Not sure where we're going to hang them though, we've kind of run out of wall space and I went a bit OTT...
Charlotte chose a nice leather belt for her daddy's xmas pressie, but somehow don't think she'll be able to keep it secret :dohh: she's been telling everyone!!
Bit hacked off with DH, or his work more to the point. He doesn't get paid overtime, but last night worked late cos there was a deadline today - and I mean late he came in at 2.10am :shrug: it's an hours drive to his work, and he was up again 5 hours later to drive back. And he won't let on he worked so late, so never gets any credit for the effort, but he's worried that if he admits he had to work so late they'll think he's slacking beforehand, whereas it's just unrealistic deadlines. I was cross with him too last night cos he was driving home knackered in the awful weather we've had, and he didn't even have his phone with him :wacko: I only realised when he wasn't there when Bridget cried at 1am, and then I lay there worried for the next hour til he came in :(

well doctor gave us cream and bath oil for ezcema (sp?) but the cream was sending him bright red so I stopped using it but carried on with the oil. Turn's out....it's cradel cap on his face! Even tho when we have washed Henry's hair we have kid off held him over the bath to do it while he's wrapped in a towel, the stuff we used on his hait for the cradel cap has got on his face spreading the cradel cap :S
So now we have another cream for his face, put it on earlier and it's already looking load's better.

Snow is still coming down thick and fast here, have a feeling Mike wont be at work tomorrow, my bro is snowed in at his...it's up to his knee's, so used the van as a plow.....and got stuck.

I can't see Mike going to work in the morning!
is it just me or does it annoy other people when someone goes out and buy's something they know you already have for LO but spend more on it :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->