****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh MEN!

sorry ladies just needed somewhere to shout.

whats up hun? :hugs:

Quick update. Emma really ill. Been in hospital since Sat afternoon with chicken pox, she's quite bad. In an isolated room, having three different types of antibiotics through iv. Just ruled out having a brain scan as spots near her eyes and swelling has finally gone down. Looks like she's got another infection on top of the pox and some of the spots seem to have arrived already infected. She's not even finished getting the blisters yet though. I was in hospital with her last night and Kev's doing tonight after I've got her settled. Didn't sleep last night - collapsed 2 veins due to IV so she's being used as a pin cushion. I didn't want to leave but Jacobs not settling at home cos he knows somethings wrong.

Will update more when I can.

Hope you're all ok,

Lou x

Hops she gets better soon hun :nope: must be horrible xxx

hope shes well soon.

Having problems with OH ez and contact atm :/ i personnaly have a feeling she is going to do another bunk

hope Emma is better soon and Jacob isnt too upset by it all. Big hugs to you and Daddy as know its hard when theyre ill and you cant fix it for them or take it away. Be strong for her and know we are here if you need anything :hugs:

Quick update. Emma really ill. Been in hospital since Sat afternoon with chicken pox, she's quite bad. In an isolated room, having three different types of antibiotics through iv. Just ruled out having a brain scan as spots near her eyes and swelling has finally gone down. Looks like she's got another infection on top of the pox and some of the spots seem to have arrived already infected. She's not even finished getting the blisters yet though. I was in hospital with her last night and Kev's doing tonight after I've got her settled. Didn't sleep last night - collapsed 2 veins due to IV so she's being used as a pin cushion. I didn't want to leave but Jacobs not settling at home cos he knows somethings wrong.

Will update more when I can.

Hope you're all ok,

Lou x

How is the little star now? Any better? Must be awful for you! xxx

Mum's took Henry to the baby clinic today day and the chubbster weigh's 13lb10 I think she said (will double check when they get back), she's took him to have his second lot of jab's aswel (hench why I'v not gone....didn't like it last time). HV want's to see me next time he goes to be weighed to talk to me about weaning, mum's told her that she gave him abit of mash and that he loved it and the HV didn't say anything about it (apparently), but it might not be until after Christmas we get again as I take him every 2week's and I don't know if they will be open 21st.
My OH was ment to have his daughter for 3-4hours sometime this week, his EX was ment to be contacting her solicitor to let them know when, but she hasn't and has been ignoring the solicitor's call's. So that's 4hour's contact he's lost out on, he's only had 2 out of 4 contact session's since the last court date :( and we doubt she will turn up for contact Friday! She tries to find a reason every week to stop contact :( last week was us tho, has the weather was really bad but he cancelled on the ground's he would have DD while he was off this week. We have a feeling she's planning on doing another bunk, she never wanted OH to have contact with LO and only way she can stop it now is try and do one, but OH will carry on after her.

Dont let them talk to you just yet bout weaning hun 3 months really really is too early!

I don't plan on weaning him yet. So what ever they tell me they will be told i'm not doing it yet.

Got to take him to the doc's in the morning about this cradel cap that's spread to his face, HV think's it's something else, and the nurse that did his jab's think's its an illergic reaction to something! Not sure what it could be too tho because we haven't changed anything that touch's his leg's and back. So that's...dry skin, cradel cap and illergic reaction we have been told, see what tomorrow's doctor say's to us.

Good on you for the weaning thing :)

Avalon has cradle cap too and dry patch on her cheek but the dry patch clears up of its own accord if left and we just use cradle cap shampoo on her head which seems to keep it at bay. Sometimes I think the more stuff we put on their little bodies the more problems we end up causing them iykwim? Although obv sometimes they do need it if it's really bad ecezma or something :)

Bridget has cradle cap too, C never did. I've just rubbed over it in the bath, it's only a small patch.

how much do you LOs take of milk? Don't know if this is growth spurt, hope it ends soon, don't like feeding in the night again - 48, 45, 46oz for last three days - seems loads to me, but I BF Charlotte at this age so nothing to compare it to!

Good on you for the weaning thing :)

Avalon has cradle cap too and dry patch on her cheek but the dry patch clears up of its own accord if left and we just use cradle cap shampoo on her head which seems to keep it at bay. Sometimes I think the more stuff we put on their little bodies the more problems we end up causing them iykwim? Although obv sometimes they do need it if it's really bad ecezma or something :)

I use cradle cap shampoo on his head and a damp flannel to rub his head with to try get the dry flake's off, and doc gave me some cream (2nd lot 1st lot sent him bright red!) and it's cleared his face up load's! but now HV doesn't think it's that and think's got a rash tha looks to be an alergic reaction to something. I have more confidence in the doctor i'm seeing tomorow then any of the doctor's iv seen before so with abit of luck she'll be able to give me something to get rid :)

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know I've brought Elf home today! I can't tell you how happy I am. She's so much better, she's still got chicken pox and coming out in blisters but the 3 lots of antibiotics she's having are helping!! She's definately more chirpy and she rolled over in hospital!! I can't believe I forgot she could laugh!!

Has to be one of the hardest weekends of my life. But thats it now...I've had my three. In the last 3 months I've been to hospital 3 times, once for when Jacob fell in his play room and threw up afterwards, when Emma had her accident (I still can't bring myself to say it) and now with Emma having chicken pox. I've had my bad luck so I guess this means that good luck is coming my way?! Bloody hope so!

Off to catch up while Emmas snuggling up to Daddy and Jacobs flat out from playing with Grandad all day. I'm sooo glad my family is back together!!

Lou x

wow, you must be relieved Lou
hopefully they'll all blister over soon and that'll be that!

Lollip0p Woo hoo for Kaiya rolling over...thats so cool. What a clever little girl. Hope you're ok too, saw your post about men!! :hugs:

:shock: size 4 teats AND how many ounces Lucy I can't really comment about amounts atm...she's only just starting feeding (about 3oz) now after refusing feeds. But we've got difflam spray that numbs her mouth so the blisters in her mouth don't hurt!

Moggy How's mogster & moglet? Have you found a house yet and is DH home?

How's the business MrsP? Your site on FB looks cool!

Lliena Hows family life? Hope you're all ok!!

Are the warm baths still working Philly?

I watched your video too Melissa...so cute!

Sorry if I missed anyone?! Going to give Elf her meds and probably try and get some sleep. She's finally sleeping again but last week would only sleep for 20 mins at a time and even then that would only be on me & Kev. She finally caught up on some sleep in hospital - but I watched her sleep.

Hope ladies & babies are well?!

Lou x

I am so happy for you Lou, and you must be so relieved too, I hope all the blisters heal over and clear up soon for her.

Kaiya has around 20-25 ozs per 24 hours, but she is not a big feeder, she is on the 50 centile line, I am getting her weighed on thurs, so hopefully her weigh hasnt dropped as that is one of my worries. thats loads of ozs Lucy, What is her weight like and what centile is she on, she must love her food :)

Im ok now, oh was just driving me crazy, I was up all night with Kaiya, and I asked him at 8:30am, if he could change her nappy whilst i made her bottle up. He was asleep at the time, and i did ask him for like 5 mins if he could sort her out for 2 mins, and in the end he couldnt be arsed to get up, so i did it, and slammed the door along the way, so he proceed to go and sleep on the sofa till 11am! I was soooooooo cross and annoyed, drives me insane, I ask for a bit of help and get nothing, and all he said was, I hate being woken up. But have calmed down now alot, Please tell me ladies I wasnt out of order for getting cross with him?

Lynzie x

NO WAY! I'd have dragged his arse out of bed or put her stinky arse right next to his face!

You are most definately not out of order! :gun: It took many an argument for Kev to pull his weight with Jacob!! Now it just happens naturally (with another reminder sometimes hehe)

x

hi ya ladies how are you all sorry to hear elf has been poorly babyfrance it's such a shame and you can't do nothing for then

holywood joel is taking 4oz 6oz in the morning tho my other had 9 oz by now but i fed them bottle from the off but he's not a gluttsy

lliena joel has cradle cap i just rubbed oil on it and combed it through a little at a time

hope everyone else is ok:hugs:

a more 'normal' 39oz today from 5x8oz bottles... but we'll still offer her a dream feed too.. luckily not up in the night last night.
she's 91st for weight was 98th but dropped. was 15lb 15.5 oz at her 4 month check yesterday. Less than C was, and shorter than C too!!
Lynzie, i'd have blown my top too - hopefully he'll get the message now!!
as for me, i'd dearly love DH to be home in time to help with bath some night soon - I shouldn't complain, he's off for the next 3 weeks I'll probably be sick of the sight of him!!
Getting ready for our trip round england, maybe you could all give me weather reports?! No idea what it's like there now but finally thawing in NI today... so any weather from liverpool or cheltenham directions, that's where we'll be first!
I'll probably be a sporadic visitor to the board for the next few weeks, although I am bringing my laptop with me :) but if I miss ya, then happy christmas!

Lollip0p Woo hoo for Kaiya rolling over...thats so cool. What a clever little girl. Hope you're ok too, saw your post about men!! :hugs:

:shock: size 4 teats AND how many ounces Lucy I can't really comment about amounts atm...she's only just starting feeding (about 3oz) now after refusing feeds. But we've got difflam spray that numbs her mouth so the blisters in her mouth don't hurt!

Moggy How's mogster & moglet? Have you found a house yet and is DH home?

How's the business MrsP? Your site on FB looks cool!

Lliena Hows family life? Hope you're all ok!!

Are the warm baths still working Philly?

I watched your video too Melissa...so cute!

Sorry if I missed anyone?! Going to give Elf her meds and probably try and get some sleep. She's finally sleeping again but last week would only sleep for 20 mins at a time and even then that would only be on me & Kev. She finally caught up on some sleep in hospital - but I watched her sleep.

Hope ladies & babies are well?!

Lou x

Touch wood the warm baths are working. I'm glad he's a happier baby now, mummy doesn't like it when he cries! lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->