****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Ladies, so sorry I've neglected you all... can't believe I haven't been her since I was b*tiching about DH on my birthday! Anyway, no there was no surprise, although he did take me out later that week...
Danielle, stick to your guns with Henry, don't let them be feeding him crap, you know better and hopefully your OH's mum will start to listen like your mum did!
Carolyn, how're the gallstones? That's good you've got someone to help you out. Have you been to GP? Even if they can't do anything right now, you need to make sure they record it on your record as they won't normally do anything until it's the 5th time (or something like that!)
Lou, sounds like a really tough time for you and your family. So sorry to hear about Jenna, but she sounds like a total fighter if that was the prognosis in October :hug:. Congrats to your sister on Logan's arrival :) Did Kev get to enjoy his 30th?
Hi Aob and Leni, Sarah and Jayden :wave:
Melissa, that's great that Alia is so mobile :) Bridget occasionally flips from tummy to back, but that's about it... Charlotte wasn't much of a one for rolling either though... now that she can sit up she's happy to just reach and grab Charlotte's toys :)

Anyway, as for us, well Bridget has two teeth through now, a day apart. Wasn't grumpy with it at all, but is now (they came through last week). She's being really funny about eating too, so keen to eat solids but can't quite seem to get the mechanics of it :( Dunnno if it's something to do with her tongue tie?

Took Charlotte out of nappies on Saturday, so this is day 4. We have had very few accidents, but she's showing no indication of knowing she needs to go - all the hits have been when we put her on the potty. I'm not sure if she should be trying to go herself at least some of the time now? She's fairly old now for this too I think (2 years 8 months) so I had hoped for more (shouldn't build up false expectations I know). One of my friends said her HV said to quit for a while if it wasn't going well by day 4... I don't think it's going badly exactly, but nothing has changed in her awareness since Saturday. I think my state of mind doesn't help this, I'm so self doubting at the best of times that throw in potty training, weaning, teething, and a cold for me, and I'm wracked with indecision, and terrified of getitng it wrong :(

That was a long one, sorry, I'll try and get on more regularly now :) I can read on my phone but not post...
Any advice from those with older siblings re the potty training would be really appreciated xx

u dont even want me to start on OHs mum and what she gives Henry, not only as she dipped his dummy in a cream egg, i turned around saturday to find her allowing henry a lick of her grandaughts lolly :mad:
and she wonders why i wont leave him in her care

you have such a naughty MIL danielle!!! I can't believe her!

Lucy - I'm no help with potty training but wishing you all the best!!

Lucy the only thing I know about training girls is that they learn from the routine of it....you keep popping them on the potty and asking if they need a wee then taking them whatever the response until you think theyre ready to say yay/nay to the question reliably then you trust em. You wash lots you praise the good hits and you try to gloss over the accidents. We found a sticker book worked as Mogster wanted to complete the story and needed the next sticker. We used Peppa Pig sticker story books. First attempt we gave up after a few days as he wasnt ready, tried him again a few months later and he was ready and dry in a feww days and proper dry in a few weeks, main thing was being consistent and doing short journeys out in his bog boy pants to give him confidence. That and a carrier bag with a flannel in it and wrapped into a folded pad on his car seat! Good luck sure she will do you proud!

Quick question, how beavy is B now? Jack has put on just 8lb and a few oz since birth, he is still well onto 75th centile though and just wondered about B as they were both good sized babies!

:hi: to all other mums and bubs :hugs:

thanks moggy... Seems a bit better today. She asked to go 3 times :)
Bridget was 18lb 13.5oz two weeks ago... So about 8lb on since birth. Between 91 and 98th, although she was born over 99.6th but took so long to get birth weight back that she dropped down a bit. Nowhere near doubled anyway!

Heya girls,

Hope you are all doing ok and all your bubbas are good.

Thats so naughty of her Danielle, mils are a pain in the bum!

Lucy when I did potty training when i worked at a nursery with 2 year olds, we used to try them on the potty every 20 mins, use a reward chart every time they did a wee, lots of praise, dont tell them off if they have an accident as they will hold the wee/poo in.

Kaiya is 6 months today, I cant believe how quick it has gone, I so need a slow down button but it has been the best of my life.

x

Oh wow, Danielle! That would make me so angry and it is so unhealthy for baby, and baby's teeth!!!

Hi everyone! Just popping in because I miss you all!!! I have many of you on my FB, but we just don't talk like we do here.

Kelana is growing like a weed. We are pretty sure she has an allergy to cow milk protein, so we had a set back on feeding her cereals, and had to restart with no cow milk protein. I am going to start other foods next week...probably avocado and sweet potatoes first.

I am doing good. My kids are sick right now (all three of them) and it has been a long week. I also got my AF for the third time in 6 weeks today...so every 2 weeks I have gotten one. Sucks

Kelana's crying...gotta go. I will try to check in more often.

Tina x x

Happy half birthday Kaiya!
Jas, hope your wee ones are all on the mend soon :) That sucks about AF - mine has been pretty regular, 28 days, but SO HEAVY :(

mike's ex is ERGHHHH I swear she's out to cause me and mike to split up or to get mike to stop contact.
I will post in GS ;)

Henry is doing fab :D he has a tooth (I might have already said?) I'm just having abit of chill out time, had my cousins over with their 3kid's plus mike's daughter so 3kids and 2babies, mike's just took his daughter to the shops, henry's asleep so im having a sit down before having a quick tidy up.

I will go and take a peek Danielle ;-)

Oh no Carolyn, whats up? if you wanna chat im here or on fb............. sending you lots of hugs! x x x

Ailah refuses milk, still getting up several times a night and i feel like a walking Zombie. Im going to meet her dad for the first time in ages 2moro and ive got myself all in a panic about it. Im struggling financially and if it wasnt for the girls i wouldnt be getting out of bed just now.
I even managed to make Abbys paternal grannny cry this morning because i was sobbing so much and she said she wishes she knew what to do to make it easier. Ive done nothing but cry in 3 days :( xxx

oh Carolyn, :hugs: :hug: for you sweetie. Nothing I say will make it any better I know, but just please know that I'm here if you want to talk.

Thank you :) Im feeling a bit happier now, Ailah in bed, Abby at grannys and ive had a bath and my OH (yes thats right i said OH ;) ) is picking up a chinese and coming round xxx

ooh, OH? Not Ailah's dad i take it? That's great though. Hope you managed a good night then! X

ooh, OH? Not Ailah's dad i take it? That's great though. Hope you managed a good night then! X

haha i would rather pour bleach in my eyeballs than get back with him!! haha, no but the guy im seeing is nice, its early days and he hasnt met the kids yet and i wont make the mistake of introducing them quickly again, its nice to have someone that wants to look after me :flower: He's really sweet i will keep you all posted.

Off to meet Ailahs FOB for the first time in almost 2months...this should be fun!! NOT :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->