• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

all schools are big on that! Listen, it's just a 'diagnosis'. This does not change your son, or make him any different. He is still your little boy. Don't listen to the labels. Sounds like your son is doing AWESOME! If they think he needs help at school, be sure that they are giving it to him, espesially after all this. Ask them to write it down. Yes, we do all develop at different rates, so try not to worry. Mayeb they diagnosed him wrong, or maybe he acts different at school (my kids ALL do that) and some teachers just don't know how to get the best out of children. It won't hurt him any to get extra help, kwim? This isn't going to slow him down, but now the teachers should be accountable, so hold them accountable. What are they doing for your son now?

I have been to tenerife, was dreading the flight but Henry was so well behaved both ways i still can't believe it :D I didn't want to come home, until I got home and read the news from this morning, now i'm glad I'm home!!

Henry is now, "dada" "bugger"(thanks to my dad!) "bot bot" "oi" "yeah yeah yeah" and will shake his head "no", army crawls aswel as roll's so nothing is safe in the room now and floor level, stands supported, sit's, attempting to crawl but I have a feeling he's going to take after his dad and skip crawling and this past week started to try and pull himself up on furniture, but while we have been away i'v tried not to let him as he'd have fell straight onto a tiled floor. Has 4top teeth 2bottem and look's like we are doing abit more teething. His skin (exzema) is LOAD's better too.
Also this week, he is off into his own room! Bit gutted, but it's time to be done, we are waking each other up in the night.

all schools are big on that! Listen, it's just a 'diagnosis'. This does not change your son, or make him any different. He is still your little boy. Don't listen to the labels. Sounds like your son is doing AWESOME! If they think he needs help at school, be sure that they are giving it to him, espesially after all this. Ask them to write it down. Yes, we do all develop at different rates, so try not to worry. Mayeb they diagnosed him wrong, or maybe he acts different at school (my kids ALL do that) and some teachers just don't know how to get the best out of children. It won't hurt him any to get extra help, kwim? This isn't going to slow him down, but now the teachers should be accountable, so hold them accountable. What are they doing for your son now?

cheers hunn gotta wait for report to come back but went to school and aird my feeling and she agrees with me she said she need to see the report and it will be great for callum to have extra support but she doesn't think its that we have agreed to meet again when report is in with senco to find a wayto teach him i said i'm not happy about him not writin and using a laptop and showed her work he'd done with me and she was amazed and said she was just gonna push him more at writing we'll see so now just to wait but thanks hun your write even if i'm proved wrong he's still my boy and i'll do my upmost to push him further on in life

hi ladies how are we all? been so quiet in here lately hope you are all well.

woah i'd forgotten about this, i know this is 9 months late, but my babe was 15 days over and came in sept instead...

I am still about :D have gone back to work now so its just finding the time to come on here now. lol

Hows everyone doing?

x

woah i'd forgotten about this, i know this is 9 months late, but my babe was 15 days over and came in sept instead...

Henry was 13day's late and came in september...13th sept

ooh mine came on the 11th. I do wonder though, were you one of the people on my overdue thread waaaay back in third tri? Because I know there were still several of us which were twiddling our thumbs, and pulling our hair.

Either way, its good to meet you!

Oh, how did you feel about the delayed school year? i was in two minds, in some way i rather she had a bit of time to develop but on the other hand she would have an extra academic year to 'play' with.

Henry was 13day's late and came in september...13th sept

ooh mine came on the 11th. I do wonder though, were you one of the people on my overdue thread waaaay back in third tri? Because I know there were still several of us which were twiddling our thumbs, and pulling our hair.

Either way, its good to meet you!

Oh, how did you feel about the delayed school year? i was in two minds, in some way i rather she had a bit of time to develop but on the other hand she would have an extra academic year to 'play' with.

I was in a overdue thread but not sure if it was your's think someone else had one going too.
i'v not really thought about school tbh x

Morning everyone!
can't believe I havent been on here since april, my bad!!

Happy Birthday to all those that have turned 1 already... can't believe that will be Bridget next week!! I've seen a couple of friends this week who are due this month, it's so strange to think that was me waiting this time last year!!

Miss Curly, the school year cut offs are different in Northern Ireland, it's end of June, not end of August, so Bridget is an old one for her year even being born in Aug!

We have good walking going on here now, wrecking the place, such a naughty little girl compared to her sister!!

Hope everyone is doing OK, Danielle, glad Henry behaved on the flight!! Lou, how was work? I did two weeks in June before school broke up, then back on 24th Aug...

Happy Birthday to all thse who have turned one year!!! Kelana is getting so close. Perhaps we can all update our babies and what they are doing etc.

Kelana is pointing at everything and can point to a picture of a ball when we ask where the ball is. She waves hi, and sign all done. She calls the kitty with a kissy sound and wiggles her finger to come. It's quite cute. She isn't walking yet, but very close to standing on her own. She likes to walk holding the chair, pushing it, or holding our hands. She appears to be still allergic to milk as I put her on cheese and yogurt, and that isn't doing good with her, so she is back off...not sure how to feed a person without dairy!!!

As for me, I go back to work, well, August 15th, but cleverly (I think) I added three weeks of vacation time to my parental leave, so technically I won't be there until Sept 6...just getinng paid! ROFL. Ahhh...it's been a great 18mths off...back to reality soon!!!

We were just camping with a family where the youngest Is dairy and egg intolerant. He would have oat milk and dots yogurts. And avoid other dairy things really!

hi ya aug mommies happy birthdays for all the aug babies I see on the site some aug mommy's are going it again woop woop i've been back a work for a while now keep me sane i only work 2 days so not 2 bad i must say i am:wacko: and already planning when i'm having my next i so badly want a girl this time not gonna start ttc til2013 i'm enjoying joel first but want to save up and clear afew bills etc not to mention some of my weight i didn't gain alot but i had a high bmi anyway so getting it down is a goel for me 2 hope you ladies are all doing ok :hugs:

:hi: Everyone!

:cake: to all those babies who have had a birthday already!! Work is a bit all over at the minute as I've gone back as a type of manager at the minute to the people who do my job...not something I've wanted and a long story but can't wait to actually do my job in Jan (when I'm supposed to be back on it FX)

I did intend on coming on saying hi last week but been so busy and this week has been a nightmare. My Grandad is currently in hospital from two heart attacks on Tuesday and only reason he is here is fluke...lucky in out eyes (but unlucky in his - he wants to go now :cry:)

And one of my very first bump buddies died in a car accident on Sunday and leaves a little boy and her fella. I'm so knocked sideways I can't explain.

Emma has had her first birthday party today which was wonderful as family from everywhere was up (due to Grandad) and she took her first steps!

Emotional rollercoaster.com

Wow...so sorry to hear about your grandad and your friend!!! That is emotional rollercoaster! :hugs: I hope that when I am old I am ready to die (that is how my grandad was too) but it is sure hard for family to hear, isn't it? That is really tragic about your friend....OMG...that is sad. :(

Yay for Emma taking her first steps!! How wonderful!!!

Sorry to hear things are so difficult right now. You take care of yourself... :hugs:

Lou, so sorry to hear about your grandad and your friend. Can't imagine what that's like for you. Think goodness we have little ones amazing us and keeping us sane...

Thanks guys. My babies are definately helping me through it! Jacob's talking is coming on loads now and Emma is such a cheeky monkey...she's the only niece at the minute and getting spoiled rotten with cuddles and kisses and the boys are playing rough and tumble all the time.

My Grandad had another heart attack early this morning with him having to be revived again and we've spent most of the day in the hospital. This probably sounds bad but I just want him to go now...its only selfishness on our part that wants him to stay. He's in pain and struggling. He's partially deaf and blind but completely there so it must be so frustrating for him. He lives alone and misses my Nannea (died 4 years ago) who he was married to for more than 50 years. The next 48 hours are crucial again, I just hope that he gets to go peacefully soon. I hope that makes sense?!

How is everyone getting on with their not so little babies?

Hi Ladies!!!
I haven't been on here in ages, but I thought I'd drop by and see how you all are doing!
I can't believe all our babies are a year old now :shock: Seems like just yesterday we were all waiting to go into labour.

Alia is doing great, she took her first steps at 9 months :shock: and has been walking full-time for a couple months now. She's starting to say a few words, mama..dada..dog..kitty...etc. She can point out different animals and objects in her books and in real life. She's just a super happy-go-lucky little girl and I love her to death :cloud9:

In case you can't tell by my ticker, I'm pregnant!! I'm due January 6th, so quite the opposite of an August baby, BUT we found out a couple weeks ago that we're having another little girl :cloud9: Can't wait to embark on this new journey.

Take care ladies!!! xoxoxo

How's your granda Lou?
Congratulations Melissa!
I have my first rugby match in about 2 years today - nervous much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->