****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Was going to have it moved over to the 2nd tri, but whatever you all prefer.

Welcome :hi: I'mhopinG

Pinkandfluffy love your scan pic, you're all so due the same day as me now :dance:

Kelly - good luck Monday, I have mine on Friday

Midwife just called....I have a bladder infection :( She said it was pretty bad and that I need to get into a doctor to get antibiotics....I didn't have any symptoms! Oh the wonders of pregnancy!

sorry to hear that November Rayne :hug:

Holly, I have just had a water infection, hope the antibiotics clear it up for u, at least it has been picked up sharpish

Sorry MrsP, didn't mean to offend, just thought it would be a while before I (and others)join u in 2nd Tri, and especially after last time I am trying not to get too ahead of myself I guess

Well, I have had an early scan today due to some bleeding at the weekend... All looks well, saw little heart beating away.:happydance:
Although they have put me back about a week! :dohh:
Still going to stick around in here is that is ok until I have a dating scan at 12 weeks to confirm due date! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear your sad news November Rayne :hugs: thinking of you xx

Was going to have it moved over to the 2nd tri, but whatever you all prefer.

Welcome :hi: I'mhopinG

Pinkandfluffy love your scan pic, you're all so due the same day as me now :dance:

Kelly - good luck Monday, I have mine on Friday

I know - is it weird that my first thought was yay I am due on the same day as other people at last???? :haha: :rofl: I think I only had flutter on the 7th with me!!

Evening all! :flower:

Can I ask you ladies for some advice?

We have some friends who have been ttc for ages, little mogster is 2.5 and they had an ectopic when he was a few weeks old, they have been trying ever since and last month they started an IVF cycle, she is due to have her eggs collected on monday and then they put the embryos back either Wednesday or Saturday. Dilemma now is what to do about telling them about our pregnancy?

Have my scan on thuursday so was planning to go public thursday evening so long as we get the all clear at the scan. Now in two minds what to do...

On the one hand feel we should tell them same as everyone else, on the other hand dont want to seem we are rubbing their noses in it IYKWIM. Trouble is if we dont tell them and someone else does that is just wrong, if we tell them it seems a little insensitive but if we wait til they hear about if they have been successful we cant then say oh and by the way we are 14 weeks which is what we will be by the time they find out. Other possibilities come in case they arent successful - but we are thinking full on PMA that they will be - I really hope.

My current inclination is to get OH to tell her OH but dont want to wimp out of the whole situation - what should we do/say? Let me know your thoughts cos I am starting to stress :nope:

Not helped by the fact I feel really :sick: with heartburn at the moment

sorry to hear that November Rayne :hug:

Holly, I have just had a water infection, hope the antibiotics clear it up for u, at least it has been picked up sharpish

Sorry MrsP, didn't mean to offend, just thought it would be a while before I (and others)join u in 2nd Tri, and especially after last time I am trying not to get too ahead of myself I guess

Don't be silly hon, no offence taken at all x :hugs:

A move somewhere will be needed soon... I don't care much where but if we move to second tri we should wait till almost everyone is in second tri. Thats my thoughts.

Mercy mine is at 315pm mountain time. Not sure where you live or what time it will be then. You should see more then a blob at 10 weeks I saw a blob at 7.

Sorry to hear novemberayne. Hugs.

Holly at least they caught it! Take your meds!

i agrre kelly, but il be dragging you guys down cos im right at the end! :cry:

so you can move over without me if you wish

x

how about starting a new thread with the same name in 2nd tri and then people can transfer to the new friend as they become ready?
I don't know about you girls but I cannot WAIT to be in 2nd tri ;)

thats a good idea melissa m, and then when we come over cna add our edd again etc

i think im hitting second tri at 13 weeks anyway lol

too scared to be in first tri for too long :(

Great idea Melissa, I shall leave it until this time next week and then I shall set up another in 2nd tri if you wish. I am quite happy to continue and have the time to edit the thread/front page unless anyone else wants to do?

lumpybumpy what good news!!!

and flutter - lol @ your little boy bless him :haha:

I am exhausted also ladies, I don't know how those of you with kids already do it as it's all I can do to look after myself :haha:

Scan/hospital appointment today so they will prod and poke me lol. I have to go to the Thursday ones for the 'medical disorders' clinic (nice name :haha:) so they can monitor my underactive thyroid.

All being well I can confess at work soon, phew!

Happy Thursday ladies! :hugs:
I have to see consultatant at 34 weeks for thyroid, other than that just through my GP... quite glad really as it should mean I still get to use home from home!!

Just had a pm from apaton, who said her mmc turned out to be a huge mistake from the hospital and she is still pregnant but due in September.

How lovely, but I'd be going mad at the hospital putting me through that. apaton, wishing you H&H 9 months x
Great news Apaton!!

Hello ladies, scan went wonderfully - they have changed my due date to August 6th if you could update me when you get a tic mrs p?

Over the moon - baby was going crazy moving and wriggling, waving its arms and legs - turned over and showed its bum to us I was so overwhelmed.

Scanner is broken but will try and use work one tomorrow - have tried to take a photo and attach that but don't know how clear it will be :shrug:

So now 10 weeks and 6 days, must update my ticker!!!
My scan was 10+6 too - sooo cool! We got a wave :)

The name change is cool with me.

I have my scan monday! I'll be 11+6!!!! I am super excited! I don't know how to contain my energy.

Oooo what time is yours hun! I have mine at 1pm!!! I bet I am awake all night gettin excited! lol. I'll be ready to pop by 1pm I'll be that excited haha!
I will be 10+2 wks so baby might still look a little like a wee blob lol.
I really cant wait! :happydance:
I think you'll see quite a lot, I was 10+3 when I had mine, although they dated it 10+6!!

Mrs P, could you please change my name on the front page?... my little angel gained her wings :sadangel:
Sorry for your news NovemeberRayne, hope to see you back in 1st tri soon :hug:

Evening all! :flower:

Can I ask you ladies for some advice?

We have some friends who have been ttc for ages, little mogster is 2.5 and they had an ectopic when he was a few weeks old, they have been trying ever since and last month they started an IVF cycle, she is due to have her eggs collected on monday and then they put the embryos back either Wednesday or Saturday. Dilemma now is what to do about telling them about our pregnancy?

Have my scan on thuursday so was planning to go public thursday evening so long as we get the all clear at the scan. Now in two minds what to do...

On the one hand feel we should tell them same as everyone else, on the other hand dont want to seem we are rubbing their noses in it IYKWIM. Trouble is if we dont tell them and someone else does that is just wrong, if we tell them it seems a little insensitive but if we wait til they hear about if they have been successful we cant then say oh and by the way we are 14 weeks which is what we will be by the time they find out. Other possibilities come in case they arent successful - but we are thinking full on PMA that they will be - I really hope.

My current inclination is to get OH to tell her OH but dont want to wimp out of the whole situation - what should we do/say? Let me know your thoughts cos I am starting to stress :nope:

Not helped by the fact I feel really :sick: with heartburn at the moment
I think hard though it may be, and despite the fact that they may not be overexcited by your news, the only fair thing to do is tell them now (or Thurs...) it would be worse to have to tell them afterwards if this cycle doesn't go well for them...

Great idea Melissa, I shall leave it until this time next week and then I shall set up another in 2nd tri if you wish. I am quite happy to continue and have the time to edit the thread/front page unless anyone else wants to do?
I'd say keep the same thread for definite - it would get really confusing to have two, and I think those of us hitting second tri sooner would miss out on hearing news from people that are still in first tri!! I know I'd like to still know how people are getting on, rather than having a few weeks where it's all happening in two places!! I certianly don't mind posting here for a couple of weeks longer, and I'll be one of the first to hit 2nd tri as due 1 Aug... I'd wait until the 31 Augs hit 2nd tri then move it over... but that's just my opinion!!

Anyway, ladies who have morning sickness, my deepest sympathy, I had a tummy bug on Thur, and knew all day I was going to chunder at some point, which I finally did after a cup of water and three slices of apple that I ate while DD had her tea. I had to go straight to bed, luckily my dad came and looked after DD until DH got home!! I barely ate all day yesterday, and was light headed everytime I got up to the loo... feeling much better today though - no idea how you have all coped with it!!

Had a breakthrough with DD eating lunch today, fajita squashed in the george forman grill.... it stayed together, and she got meat and veg in her for once!! She put away as much as DH and I did!!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend, can't believe I'm 12 weeks tomorrow!! The time has flown in... I had to change my 20 week scan appointment, as DH wasn't going to be able to get there in time, but they had no appointments later the same day, so I'm going to be over 21 weeks by the time it happens; but it's DH's birthday which will be nice!!

If we start a new thread I definitely think Mrs P should keep running it, you're doing a great job!!! :thumbup:
I wouldn't mind checking two threads for a month...but whatever you girls want I'm fine with!!

Yesterday I had my second throw-up episode for this pregnancy :shock: I ate a pickle when I got home from work lol and then dh and i were about to leave to his sister's for dinner and I just started gagging, nearest thing was the kitchen sink so went there and up it came. ugh I do not envy you girls who have morning sickness 24-7..you are strong!!!

I like that idea mrsp!
I had a bit of a dry heaving fit yesterday to I thought it was gone. For the most part I am good though.

holywoodmum - I wish I could do it through my doctors would be much easier...I might ask midwife if this can be arranged.

I get to have the bloods taken @ my docs a few days before my app but have to see endocrinologist (spelling??) at the hospital for some reason when results are in :shrug: he said depending on these first blood results would decide how often to see me but at least once a trimester. It was pretty hard as he felt my throat as well (presume thyroid gland) and pushing at my throat when already feeling sick was a bit much!!!!!!!

They also said with an underactive thyroid babies can be cold so have put a sticker on for them to be aware when I've had baby to keep an eye on us on the ward? :wacko:

holywoodmum - I wish I could do it through my doctors would be much easier...I might ask midwife if this can be arranged.

I get to have the bloods taken @ my docs a few days before my app but have to see endocrinologist (spelling??) at the hospital for some reason when results are in :shrug: he said depending on these first blood results would decide how often to see me but at least once a trimester. It was pretty hard as he felt my throat as well (presume thyroid gland) and pushing at my throat when already feeling sick was a bit much!!!!!!!

They also said with an underactive thyroid babies can be cold so have put a sticker on for them to be aware when I've had baby to keep an eye on us on the ward? :wacko:

Oh, didn't know that about cold babies, I'm glad you're hear to keep me filled in!! They did say there is a doc I can be referred to if it turns out to be harder to manage.... I had blood taken at booking in for all usual tests and an extra vial for thyroid function too... haven't had any results yet

Oh, didn't know that about cold babies, I'm glad you're hear to keep me filled in!! They did say there is a doc I can be referred to if it turns out to be harder to manage.... I had blood taken at booking in for all usual tests and an extra vial for thyroid function too... haven't had any results yet

I know, thought it was a bit random! Mental note to stock up on blankets in case lol. I imagine my current shattered-ness is normal to be fair and nowt to do with thyroid - def going to see if I can get out of extra appointments with him though just going to be more time off work than I need really.

Will keep you posted of anymore tidbits they tell me! :thumbup:

boo pink and fluffy now i'm all alone on the 7th lol well for now think it will change when i go for scan as have 26-31 cycle lengths and 7th is going by 28th day
mrs p yeah you keep doing the front page you do it soo well think it should start again with fresh peoples due date and if you start it next week i'll post on 2 threads untill i'm ready to join you it's no probs doing 2 and when i change over i'll still droip in here to catch the gossip:blush:

anyone else having major growing pains i feel a right winger but my i'm noticing it more being my 4th :cry:

my booking in one week today:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->