****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Can i have my EDD moved from 30th to 28th please?
had an early scan today risk has decresed for mc its still high but its like 5% lower and im 8+2 not 8.AND THERES A HEARTBEEEAATTT!!!

omg 8!!!!

eeee
lol
thanks

xx

hello.... i wasnt going to join you for a few weeks yet, as i am very nervous with this pregnancy as i had a missed miscarriage at 17 weeks last year, it was so hard to tell people the bad news.. but i havebeen lurking and reading anyway, so i thought i would take the plunge...

i am an older mum, i am 40 years old, and have actually got 6 children already, our eldest is 22 in april, and she is due a baby in three weeks.. the youngest is 6 and is the biggest drama queen.... the in betweens are 19 , 18, 9 and 8 they are 4 girls and two boys, i have had three miscarriages over the years too..

i am english, originally from sutton in surrey, but we have lived in ireland for the last 8 years, as DH got work over here.. would love to go home, cos in hoenstly havent been happy living here at all... but we are kinda stuck here at the mo...

so, thats me, i hope you all dont mind me joining you, i hope i get to complete my journey this time, look forward to getting to know you all more..

lou
xxxxxxx

OMG Loobi, I am so chuffed for u hun :wohoo: hope everything is good with u :hug:
I'm not feeling brave enough to lurk very much further from here either atm, have u had much support from ur Dr/MW?

Are you all having the nuchal scan ladies? x

They don't do the NT scan here, but they do in the next PCT :dohh: anyway, that would be a no from me....
I'm not going to have the downs screening bloods done either, I'm in a low risk category generally (unless much has changed between September and now) and wouldn't end this pregnancy for downs specifically so don't see the point in creating potentially more stress/worry... I'm doing enough of that already

We get a dating scan early on then a nuchal scan then an 18 week scan, after that I am not sure. So I am going to the nuchal scan to see bubs again plus if all is well then we won't worry about the downs blood test as I don't much want to do that anyway.

Ladies hope your all well today!

I had another early scan today first we just did an abdominal one and could defo see little one but then we did a vaginal u/s and OMG it is the most amazing thing once again! I am officially moving my EDD to Aug 16th as this is the second scan that has proven I must have had my dates off :dohh:

The HB today was 190beats per minute and man was the little one so very active!

I will be starting a preggo journal tonight.
Must run have a busy day at work.

They don't do the NT scan here, but they do in the next PCT :dohh: anyway, that would be a no from me....
I'm not going to have the downs screening bloods done either, I'm in a low risk category generally (unless much has changed between September and now) and wouldn't end this pregnancy for downs specifically so don't see the point in creating potentially more stress/worry... I'm doing enough of that already

I'm not having any of the screening done either, NT or bloods.
don't even know if it's offered here!

it is maddening tht the tests and screening differs so widely depending on where u live, I ould probably have the NT scan as it is a lot more accurate than the blood tests to start of with...

it is maddening tht the tests and screening differs so widely depending on where u live, I ould probably have the NT scan as it is a lot more accurate than the blood tests to start of with...

i had the blood test and it tests for four things edwards downs something for just girls and something else i forget what it was called? came back "a typical result "not bad but not right had a scan and they ruled out 3 things but baby had fluid on the brain so had an amnio and it ruled out downs and i agree i wouldn't terminate if was downs its alot more stressful not knowing anything and i would have the test done every time due to the other things they test for as one of the things baby is all hunched up and dies in womb and the other baby dies during labour or just after not sure abo0ut the test for girls as i had a boy
wouldn't it not be better to rule out with a blood test than to wonder oh my has my baby got and terminate if its hunched than to put yourself through the agony of is it dead yet or biving birth to an already dead baby after youve spent 9 momnths in anguish its just me but give me the jab every time :hugs:

I am in two minds at the moment, we are having the nuchal scan and bloods done as that is what our hospital does as standard, not sure how we will proceed if we get high risk results but will cross that bridge if and when we come to it...

2 sleeps to go....

musculoskeletal disorders was the name for one of the other things cant remember the one for girls

i had the blood test and it tests for four things edwards downs something for just girls and something else i forget what it was called? came back "a typical result "not bad but not right had a scan and they ruled out 3 things but baby had fluid on the brain so had an amnio and it ruled out downs and i agree i wouldn't terminate if was downs its alot more stressful not knowing anything and i would have the test done every time due to the other things they test for as one of the things baby is all hunched up and dies in womb and the other baby dies during labour or just after not sure abo0ut the test for girls as i had a boy
wouldn't it not be better to rule out with a blood test than to wonder oh my has my baby got and terminate if its hunched than to put yourself through the agony of is it dead yet or biving birth to an already dead baby after youve spent 9 momnths in anguish its just me but give me the jab every time :hugs:

the only test that MW has said about is for the down's at 14 weeks, she hasn't mentioned any of the other tests, I figure that the 20 week scan will pick up and major problems....

We decided to get the nuchal scan - more just for information and planning purposes. By no way would we terminate if the tests were positive - but it would just allow us more time to prepare.

My husband and I should be low risk. Guess we'll find out next Wednesday. I am excited really just to see our baby and hear the hearbeat. Last scan at 8 weeks we just got to see the heartbeat. I am hoping to hear it via doppler this time. YAY!!!

the only test that MW has said about is for the down's at 14 weeks, she hasn't mentioned any of the other tests, I figure that the 20 week scan will pick up and major problems....

yeah its the same test you can have between 14 and 19 weeks the midwifes only mentioned downs to me until i had my "a typical result then they said the other things that they looked for i agree the 20 week scan should cover all areas but waiting an extra 4 weeks for piece of mind is a killer for some people and if baby had edwards and it was going to die anyway i'm not sure i'd want to see baby i'd be forever haunted my the pic but each to there own everybody would deal with it differently was just saying i'd have the bloods the waiting would kill me

We're getting a nuchal scan to be prepared thats all. My best friend has severe spina bifida and I would never terminate a pregnancy over it. He defied all odds and is now 28 and engaged to be married. I would just like to make my home as comfortable for the baby as possible should that be the case.

starting to feel bad that i haven't told work yet! my boss was saying, oh we'll have to get this training for you, you'll need to use this equipment lots next year!! not that it won't be useful in the long run anyway, but not quite as urgent as he thinks!

starting to feel bad that i haven't told work yet! my boss was saying, oh we'll have to get this training for you, you'll need to use this equipment lots next year!! not that it won't be useful in the long run anyway, but not quite as urgent as he thinks!

bless it's a hard one to call i told my boss the week after i found out in butchers as humping big boxes around and he sell spuds too so moving the sacks is a no no for me if it was somewhere else don't think i'd of told anyone.

i heard something awful today someone my sis knows was pregnant and got rid of it because she had ms she don't work and her son isn't at nursery or anything soo its not like she had to go anywhere with it i can't believe it:shrug:

I have decided not to have any of those tests done as I have worked so hard this last year and had so many trials to go through that I will take what ever God intends for me to have.

I totally understand wanting to be prepared but I'm just going to wait it out.

help me growing pains are killing me its hurting need some relief no blood so all good but my dear its painful :cry:

I am not getting any testing done either. I have a daughter with a dissability. I love her to pieces and if God gave me another, I would feel very blessed. x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->