****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

i had some cramps but nothing I would say automatically made me think a UTI. I was peeing a lot but still didn't think anything of it. I aparently have a really bad UTI as we speak though I'm being treated with antibiotics. i would say get checked and make sure you give a urine sample. They can do a dip test on the spot.

Most docs will check every time (not all though). I have to bring in a sample every 4 weeks (at regular appts.) and thats protocol for all preggo woman. I must say though, i've had about 6-8 UTIs in the last year, and last time i was preggo, i had NO IDEA that i had a UTI. Usually i get really strong symptoms, but i was told that sometimes being pregnant "hides" the UTI symptoms.

Cramping isn't usually common with UTIs. (not saying it cant be, because anything is possible) but usually symptoms would include a burning sensation when peeing, having an urge to urinate and not much coming out, pain, and cloud urine, though there are many other symptoms. Even when i had an EXTREME UTI case (with blood in urine) i didn't have cramping. It's usually severe burning type pain (close to unbareable if its extreme), and if its bad enough being in pain 24/7.

My mom said that she would get an itchy belly too. I've had that a couple of times so far (didn't last long) and my preggo friend has had it too (shes 10 weeks). I forget the name of it, but i think it has something to do with the belly stretching/growing.

Hi girls

Just a quicky to say hi, had a shitty day and got a banging headache so going to go get my pj's on and head for my bed. Have a busy few days ahead so need some sleep. Probably wont be able to get online now until Friday pm. But I will try, have scan Friday morning and hope to bring some great pics back.

Love to you all xxxxxx

Yay for third box guppy! I just noticed! I don't think you have been on to much lately though right? I haven't seen you about at least.

Can't wait to see scan pics for the upcoming scans ladies!

Thanks kelly!
Yep, you're right! The fatigue of pregnancy struck last week. Took an 18 hour nap last week :shy: LOL
Still catching up on a journals, its taking longer than i though LOL

PS wont your box be moving up soon? :dance:

Yes another 8 or 9 days I think! I am super excited!! Wow 18 hours is a long time to sleep I thought I was bad haha.

I was just thinking last night that lots of us are going to be moving on to the second tri board! That's crazy! I'm due Aug. 27th, so it'll be a bit yet for me. I have a scan in four days, will be my second, due to spotting. Praying everything goes well. The first scan last week went beautifully!

Hello my lovley August Mummies to be!

Hope your all doing well! Hope all scans this week go great!

afm just trying to deal with constantly being hungry! If I don't have something in my tummy at all times I get that icky feeling! I hate feeling that way!

How is everybody today?

hmm i just smelt flash lemon floor cleaner

is it wrong i thought it smelt good?

:rofl:

Not wrong at all! I find that I like different smells than I did before but others make me very ill now as well!

yeah i was floowing mum round as she washed the floor

i also quite like the smell of ham :S

I have my 12 week/Nuchal scan tomorrow. Im a nervous wreck right now... so glad my hubby is going to be with me... Really hoping everything is well.. This is my first scan as well......

anyways will check in once its done!!

thanks

im eating haribo hmmm yummy

I love haribo - have your tried those natural something ones as well, like natural fruit juice only in them - i feel like i can have more of those cos they're 'good'!! Hope your UTI or whatever it is is sorted soon :)

Hi girls

Just a quicky to say hi, had a shitty day and got a banging headache so going to go get my pj's on and head for my bed. Have a busy few days ahead so need some sleep. Probably wont be able to get online now until Friday pm. But I will try, have scan Friday morning and hope to bring some great pics back.

Love to you all xxxxxx

Mrs P good luck with your scan, let us see some pics tonight if you have the energy!!

I have my 12 week/Nuchal scan tomorrow. Im a nervous wreck right now... so glad my hubby is going to be with me... Really hoping everything is well.. This is my first scan as well......

anyways will check in once its done!!

Starbucket, good luck tomorrow :)

As for me, I'm pretty certain that last night I felt some movement!! I know it's early, but I'm nearly 13 weeks, and I felt DD move at 16 weeks in 1st pregnancy, and they say you can feel it earlier second time round as you know what to expect - very exciting!!
Will be trying the doppler again on Sunday, saving that as my once a week treat!!
I'm going to move to 2nd tri at 14 weeks I think, as DD was born at 42 weeks, so I don't want to be getting ahead of myself!
Off out for swimming lesson shortly, need to eat something first though, and make sure I bring us both a snack for afterwards!!

Good luck Starbucket! Hope the scan goes well today! Let us know how it went!

hollywood hope your swim lessons go well and yes need to eat! Snack are a must after swimming too!

hope all you other lovely August Mommies are doing well!

Hi girls

Good luck starbucket.

Well back from scan all is well. EDD has changed to 5th. Baby is fine and dandy and so far so good. Bloods killed as they put needle in where drip was last week so a bit sore.

I am booked into see consultant on 18th February for blood results and for full medical and then scan with consultant on 19th March, depending on that one depends if I get my 22 week scan on 1st April as they maybe able to do it all in one go.

Hoping though they will still book a couple more in, will push for it.

For those who don't know Eleanor had open heart surgery due to 2 holes in her heart found at 6 week check so they are just monitoring a little more than normal.

Holywoodmum - brill on the movement thing, I love it. piece of mind! Well sort of!

What you all got planned for weekend? x

Hey all, back from my scan! Everything went great! Got to see the baby moving around and the heartbeat!!!! It was great!! My husband and I got really emotional!!!!

Thanks for all the wishes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->