****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

*sigh* I've been trying really hard to keep up with this thread but last time I checked it was on page 90 - have 50+ pages to catch up o_O

13 weeks is here!! :happydance: I'm finally less tired. Was insane before, just wanted to sleep all the time. Still have slight MS and pee every dang hour but beyond that all's good :)

Hey everyone, hope you're having nice weekends. was so down yesterday, constipation no better despite all efforts and then was full of air!! bloated so badly i'm massive, i barely ate that much in the morn & at lunch but felt full all day. tried tums but apparently they can make you constipated so just dont feel like i can win. may have to go back to lactulose tomorrow even if i am allergic. :(

hey mrsp, yes i'm your fellow essex bird! living about 5 mins away from you! we should be going to visit my friend who lives in the mountains on the costa del sol. have you been away whilst pregnant before? esp at 6 months? anyone else with advice? also wondered if anyone had flown with a small baby?

feeling so tense and scared about 12 week scan friday, seems like ages away. first scared if bubs is ok and still there going strong (finding it hard not to be negative, keep feeling how can i be this lucky?), then terrified of abnormalities. it all just feels immense like everything hinges on friday. does everyone feel like that?

silly questions, is it ok to eat scampi and prawn crackers? both are shellfish but not fresh shellfish! and how about cheesecake as that usually has raw eggs in???
love to you all
r
x

Hi tiredlady.... know how you mean, it's so hard to be positive when you are feeling really yukky.

I didnt think about it and had cheesecake on Friday cos I really fancied it and I have had prawn crackers, I think there is quite a mixed of opinions when it comes to prawns so I've stuck with the opinion that as long as I have bought them cooked then I'm ok!

I had my first scan last monday... was so so scared because I felt something was wrong because everything felt so different this time and no matter how many times people tried to reassure me I just couldnt believe them... turns out I have twins!!!...

Good luck on Friday, everything will just great.

x

I flew to Egypt at 6 1/2 months for two weeks when pregnant with Eleanor. I personally didn't find flying too bad other than peeing every 15 minutes.

My mw advised me to take 1 asprin 1 hour before flying to thin my blood.

The worse bit was taking off and landing, due to pressure change I suppose. But I think flying to spain will be easier as wont have to go up so high. Keep moving and drink plenty you will be fine.

Haven't flown with a small small baby bu we took Eleanor to Egypt at just about 7 months and she was good as gold. We took her to Dubai with us too in October and once again she was as good as gold.

Hope scan goes well, sure it will they are ever so nice up there. xxx

Pass on shell fish as I'm severely allergic to it but I have a mad passion for cheesecake and have had 3 portions this week alone!got another staring at me now lol Blimey I hope t's ok x

I haven't followed strictly either, I have had cream cheese icing and sandwich meat. I just make sure all is within it's date and smells good. I really want sushi to but will wait till my trip back to Nova Scotia in may as the place I go to there is very reputable and will likely cook the fish for me first then roll it.

Hi ladies, just a quick question. Was just wondering if you're still getting tummy pains as the weeks go on. Asked my mum who said her pains stopped at about 4 months with me. So just checking that i'm still normal! xxx

I had some awful cramps this week, round ligament pain I think - agony, but short lived!

Hello everyone!!! I have FINALLY got internet in my new flat, so I am back :D

Welcome back, nice to be online again I'm sure :)

I have started to get a wee Bumpett at the bottom of my abdomen! I am a little on the Large side so I have a fatty tum at the best of times, but now the flabby bit has been pushed up and my "bump" is sticking out the bottom lol. Unfortunately this all contributes to me looking like a Capital letter B from the side lol.

I'm starting to get a little below the belly button protusion :)

Can I join your guys?! I have been on here for ages now but I felt happier now that I had my NT scan - it went well!

My baba is due 5th August! Please add me to your list!

Look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Hi!! Glad you're posting now, congrats on good scan!!

have you been away whilst pregnant before? esp at 6 months? anyone else with advice? also wondered if anyone had flown with a small baby?

silly questions, is it ok to eat scampi and prawn crackers? both are shellfish but not fresh shellfish! and how about cheesecake as that usually has raw eggs in???
love to you all
r
x

I flew at 33 weeks last time, with no issues - wore those compression socks for avoiding DVT, and moved around lots!
Have also flown plenty of shorthaul with DD when small - first time at 5 weeks, and lots since - feed them on take off and landing, really helps with popping ears!! - the swallowing...

Oh and I've eaten lots of cheesecake :)

I had my first scan last monday... was so so scared because I felt something was wrong because everything felt so different this time and no matter how many times people tried to reassure me I just couldnt believe them... turns out I have twins!!!...

Wow for twins!! Congratulations!

I haven't followed strictly either, I have had cream cheese icing and sandwich meat. I just make sure all is within it's date and smells good. I really want sushi to but will wait till my trip back to Nova Scotia in may as the place I go to there is very reputable and will likely cook the fish for me first then roll it.

Sushi is fine, according to UK guidelines, as it is frozen first which kills anything potentially bad in it... but yeah I agree with waiting for a place you know and trust just in case!
https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/asksam/agesandstages/pregnancy/#A219865

So anyway, as for me, I've got a minging cold or something, throat is raw and head is pounding, not even my prescription of cocodamol is helping :( If I feel the same tomrorow morning as I did today then I shan't be going to work, particularly as I'm taking the train this week...
Watching Top Gear, then bed. DD awake 5am Thur, Fri, Sat - grrr... then last night we had a midnight poo that needed changed (sore bum) and that seemed to reset the sleep clock, so it was 7.25 - far more satisfactory - let's hope that this continues!

My midwife had a fit when i said i wanted sushi! Think i might show her that eatwell site then! Any of you ladies syptoms beginning to ease up as your weeks go on or have i got gas, constipation and growing pains to look forward to for a while yet? lol xxx

I have just read the last month's worth of posts, woooo! So pleased everyone is doing so well.

MrsP I am jealous you have booked a hol!! You lucky thing. My sis in law and some friends are going away in May but I dare not go as I have been so sickly so far and don't want to be ill abroad!

Tiredlady, my ex and I took her son away to Tunisia when he was 8 weeks old and we had the best time, he never noticed the heat really and was totally fine. xx

can anyone help me put scan pic on computer but don't know how to get it on here :hugs:

i could try? what the problem? only thig i cant do is upload to bnb but could help with getting it on?
x

10 weeks and 2 days today! My nt screen is at 12 weeks exactly and getting nervous about it. That's when we found out tragic news last time. So far all is good this time, except for continued spotting for the past month. Even that has stayed the same, so all is "normal". It's going to be a very long couple of weeks til the scan. Send good thoughts to us please! And good thoughts to all of you too!

Always praying lots of thoughts, do you mind me asking what happened last time? I am sure this one will be great!

10 weeks and 2 days today! My nt screen is at 12 weeks exactly and getting nervous about it. That's when we found out tragic news last time. So far all is good this time, except for continued spotting for the past month. Even that has stayed the same, so all is "normal". It's going to be a very long couple of weeks til the scan. Send good thoughts to us please! And good thoughts to all of you too!

I know exactly how you are feeling. We were so nervous when we had our NT scan the other week. It brought back painful memories but we tried to be positive and hoped for the best.

I'll be thinking of you when you have your scan. :hug:

can anyone help me put scan pic on computer but don't know how to get it on here :hugs:

i could try? what the problem? only thig i cant do is upload to bnb but could help with getting it on?
x

I took a photo of my scan pic and then uploaded that to my computer as I don't have a scanner... once you have it on your own computer, when you want to post it, go in to the advanced option for replying, then click on the paper clip that is above the text box, and you'll be able to select the image file from your hard disk and have it on bnb :)

Good thoughts coming your way :) try not to worry about it, easier said than done I know, but in less than 2 weeks you'll get to see your bubs!!

I feel so much better today than I did yesterday, yesterday my head felt like it was going to explode :( today I woke up with no headache at all, which is a first in nearly a year. It's coming back now, but only mildly, to the level I'm used to. I was really worried that if it was like yesterday I'd have been off sick today, as it is I can cope with this, but if it gets worse again I'll have no hesitation in going home early...

I had a fall yesterday on my way to work, fell flat on my stomach its been aching but I thought its just pulled muscles. Then today I was taking my 5 yr old to school and slipped on the ice-im so clumsy :( Now im in quite lot of pain, have managed to get in drs for 10.50 just praying bean will be ok im 12 weeks on wed so hopefully he/she will be fine.

Sending:hugs:and lovely positive thoughts your way! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->