****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

i agree with you on dopplers boo mine is showing plenty placenta sounds and loads of water when i had mw i told her i'd only heard hb once and she said she's not suprised the ammount its moving around so i'm not worried no bleeding yet for me:happydance: it's never happened before lol

ladies may i say i can't believe some of you are already 14 weeks its nice that we grow together and always know what the others are going through at each stage its so nice that we've got peolple to share our woes with

boobs are sore too mine havn't grown yet and i hope they don't i'm already a 38E so they can behave lol went :baby: shopping today only got bibs that match my baby grows but i've put my order in if i have a girl for a pair of me to you pair of :baby:slippers/ booties with my sister and if its a boy i have seen the cutest humphreys corner short set from mother care lush lol i'm not getting any coloured things as want the blues or pinks when baby is here

are people finding out what your having

hey holywoodmum, so glad to hear i'm not alone!!! it's such a horrible symptom, isn't everyday but most days and just feels so sore and swollen, dr did say that it's usual for glands to be swollen but don't think she quite understood where i meant!!! i don't embarrass boo easily with a gp but don't have the guts to say the v word!!!!! ;-)

with your other pregnancy and the swelling later on, was it all the time until birth? would love to know what to expect! no one else had this at all???

i've just got a cheapy doppler from my friend but i wish i never had it, don't think it's good to obssess and it's hard not to with this doppler thing. my sister in law is a nurse and she thinks it's a bit mad, the baby can move all the time and what do you do when you're further along and don't hear it. feel it's too late now, unless i send it back to my friend!!!

are you guys going to have the swine flu vaccine? have you been offered it yet??
r
x

Flutterbaby I will be staying on team yellow. Like the suprise and not too worried either way, only had 1 other baby but didn't feel I was any less organised by not finding out.

Tiredlady, I have been offered but I shall not be having it. Feel the whole thing has been rushed x

Defo team yellow, I want it to be a surprise! My husband wants to find out but I'm sticking to my guns on this one! Had my booking in appointment this morning- talk about long winded but happy when she weighed me, not put on weight..yet! Sure 2nd tri I'll start to fatten up nicely lol! I had my scan letter through yesterday so got that on 17 Feb, can't wait I think it will all become real then, I just want to see pic and hear a heartbeat now! X

I am defo going to find out. I am on such a tight budget and clothes are on sale for winter now so defo want to know! I have a bunch of neutral stuff but I want to be able to call the little one by name instead of it. LOL

I didn't want to find out the first time, the u/s tech took a nice picture of what she thought it was and put it in an envelope for my mother cause she made my DD the most beautiful baby blanket and bought her tons of clothes. Everybody pretty much knew what I was having but me.

I'm definitely NOT team yellow :) haha too impatient! I would love to have the surprise, but I'll just have my surprise a bit early I guess...I too, want to be able to relate to my baby more by knowing the sex, I hate saying "it"!

I am finding out in 12 days the gender of our bubs!!!!! and it can't come sooner!

I have a sonotrax doppler which is awesome and found HB at 8+3! and every week since. But once you get to 18-20 weeks you feel movements anyway so it wouldn't matter if you could find it when they are bigger. Although I do agree the baby moves around so much I only hear it constantly for 2 to 3 mins at a time. It's cool cause i put the doppler where baby is or where I first hear it then leave it and I can hear it getting fainter and louder!

I am finding out in 12 days the gender of our bubs!!!!! and it can't come sooner!

I have a sonotrax doppler which is awesome and found HB at 8+3! and every week since. But once you get to 18-20 weeks you feel movements anyway so it wouldn't matter if you could find it when they are bigger. Although I do agree the baby moves around so much I only hear it constantly for 2 to 3 mins at a time. It's cool cause i put the doppler where baby is or where I first hear it then leave it and I can hear it getting fainter and louder!

I have the same one!! it's fab, I love hearing the baby moving around getting fainter and louder :)

Yes it is good! I am happy I paid a bit more on ebay and went with that one! I don't use it as much anymore now that I saw baby moving and probably won't use it much once I start feeling movements but it is nice to have.

hey holywoodmum, so glad to hear i'm not alone!!! it's such a horrible symptom, isn't everyday but most days and just feels so sore and swollen, dr did say that it's usual for glands to be swollen but don't think she quite understood where i meant!!! i don't embarrass boo easily with a gp but don't have the guts to say the v word!!!!! ;-)

with your other pregnancy and the swelling later on, was it all the time until birth? would love to know what to expect! no one else had this at all???

i've just got a cheapy doppler from my friend but i wish i never had it, don't think it's good to obssess and it's hard not to with this doppler thing. my sister in law is a nurse and she thinks it's a bit mad, the baby can move all the time and what do you do when you're further along and don't hear it. feel it's too late now, unless i send it back to my friend!!!

are you guys going to have the swine flu vaccine? have you been offered it yet??
r
x

I can't really remember if the sweling lasted until the end... It certainly wasn't constant, maybe bad for a week, then eased off... after DD was born I had those femepads that you stick in the freezer then in your knickers... might have to dig those out early if it continues to be uncomfortable - I just remember it being such a dull achey heavy feeling, like my inside were going to fall out...
And I have had the swine flu jab :) at 5 weeks...

I was firmly team yellow till I started shopping, lol! And now i've booked a gender scan for 5 weeks time and I.can't.wait!

I've also declined the swine flu vac- I just didn't feel like there's been enough research to say yes- i'll take my chances x

I had the swine flu vaccine after my mc incase I fell on quickly as I was just confused by it all, the base is the same as the seasonal vaccine though, and that is obviously as safe as it can be (there are going to be exceptions) as has been used for the past few years, I think if I was offered it though I would probably have it as have suffered with my chest for the past 2 winters...

Had my scan this morning... all is well (phew) and due date stays the same, Pip measured 12weeks so am sticking with 11+6 today ;)

I had the swine flu vaccine after my mc incase I fell on quickly as I was just confused by it all, the base is the same as the seasonal vaccine though, and that is obviously as safe as it can be (there are going to be exceptions) as has been used for the past few years, I think if I was offered it though I would probably have it as have suffered with my chest for the past 2 winters...

Had my scan this morning... all is well (phew) and due date stays the same, Pip measured 12weeks so am sticking with 11+6 today ;)

Glad your scan went well!!

We're definitely team yellow, our hospital won't tell you and private scans in Northern Ireland are way out of our price range - don't think I'd want to know anyway!! We have a lot of neutral clothing in small size from DD...

we are staying yellow too... (i'ld get too much newborn stuff in colours if I knew :haha:)

I have a scan at 20 weeks in which i hope to find out the sex. I have this feeling though she's a little girl :)

Hi ladies, glad the scans seem to be going well :thumbup:

We will find out what we're having if we can I think, think I might just see how the mood takes me on the day but DH seems to want to at the moment.

And I haven't had the swine flu vac - and do you know what, strangely I haven't been offered it? I don't know whether that's because they think I had swine flu last summer perhaps, though they did say you can catch a different strain even if you've had it :shrug:

Had a horrible train journey to work this morning - had a bit of a dizzy spell, and had to open the window (was standing as no seats) and then next thing I know whoosh my vision goes funky and I'm on the floor - only one person offered me her seat and nobody else paid any attention.......felt like puking on their shoes, bet that would have got their attention :rofl: but seriously, could not believe everyone just turned away and left me to it....

Finding I am marginally more energetic than I was in first tri but this is the second dizzy episode I've had - and the first I was sat down outside, not on a cramped train or anything....seeing midwife a week on Monday so might just mention it but looking on the web it seems quite normal :wacko:

Hope you are all well? :hugs:

Pinkandfluffy I passed out on shift at the hospital! It is quite normal to have the spells due to blood pressure etc. Speaking about your story though, I had leg surgery a while ago and had a cast from hip to ankle and was on crutches and got on the metro transit bus and NO ONE got up to give me there seat on two separate occasions! The first time is happened the bus driver wouldn't budge the bus till someone got up and the second time the bus was so full the driver didn't know and there was a guy with a shopping cart taking up 3 seats! and no one moved their stuff or got up then when the bus started I fell on someone and only then did someone say you should sit here. I can't believe people. I wouldn't expect someone to know I was pg now and do it so I dont worry I just try to sit or grab something asap but someone should have given you their seat!

I got swine flu jab during my last AF before bfp, saw on the news to many times about pg women getting very sick and baby and mom dying or one or the other dying or collapsing and having preterm birth. I also got my seasonal one to.

That's shocking it's pretty blatant if you are on crutches isn't it!!!

Having said that pregnancy seems to count for nothing on our train either - there was a woman positively ready to drop and people just look the other way so they don't have to offer their seats.....shoddy!

Thats terrible isn't. Can't belive how ride some people can be. Its actually shocking.

Mum2bewaiting - glad your scan went well x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->