****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Sorry to hear of ur loss ka92 thoughts and love to u x x

Hi ladies thought I would join your group if that's ok I am also expecting in august on 21st I have been floating round for a while posting here and there. Little about us and our journey so far in 12wk 1day with my first but u can tell you do far this gas not been a pleasent experience in the early weeks @ 6wk we had a lot of pain so had scan and I was so shocked and realived to see a tiny blob with a heart beat, we have since had another 2 scan which is amazing to see development, I have also been in and out of hospital with hypermemises only came out for 4th time yesterday at min Im in there Everyweek so far not an enjoyable experience and still seems so unreal that I am pregnant as was so weird to see what now is a tiny baby on my tummy and apart from the sickness and tiredness don't really feel pregnant. Has it not sunk in yet or I don't know x x x looking forward to our journey together x x x

sorry for your loss ka92 :hugs:
welcome magik2o4 sorry your:sick: have a happy 6 and a half months now:happydance:

how are all you ladies i'm thinking of getting a green house need to start my veggies and i might plant some fruit trees this year i managed herbs last year (lame i know lol) and i already have wild strawberrys and blackberries in my garden and i planted a rasberry bush too soo this year i'm getting my green fingers back and might even do cucumbers and tomatoes etc this year i remember growing things like that when i was a little girl and just think of the shoppping bill going down mom said she'll help me out as well soo its a defo thought ........ wow all mother earth on my self lol think its the preg brain back to nature lol:blush:

KA92, I am so sorry for your loss :hug:.

Welcome Magik!!

I got the all clear from the cardio to have a natural birth, wooo! I'll need lots of monitoring and still have to see him every 3 weeks for echo's, but so far baby isn't affecting me negatively at all. *yay!*

thank you hunnie

good luck :) and congrats for 2nd tri :)

xx

Thanks hunny, heres hoping you and your oh soon have a healthy and happy 9 months, and that you will be holding a littlle darlin in no time !!! :hugs:

KA92 so sorry for your loss.

Jetters good news from the hospital.

Welcome new mummies. Just about to make dinner but will come back in a bit and update all EDDs

:hugs: KA92
Sorry to here u are having a hard time Aisling
Good news Jetters
AFM plodding along, am getting appetite back a bit no, but still with the waves of :sick: and the tiredness seems to be lifting too...

Right mummies, front page updated, just double check for me. Dont forget as you find out the sex of your LO's to let me know and I shall change the front page accordingly.

For those of you who have asked after Eleanor, thank you so much. Seems to be fine and hernia not bothering her so fingers crossed it stays that way and then she wont require further surgery.

Anyone heard from Guppy, she has gone ever so quiet? x

Guppy still types in her journal every now and then but she hasn't been on much there either. I think she's been busy. Last I checked all was well with her though.

guppy did say in her lournal she's been busy and she posts on face book when she has time:hugs:

hey

just to let you all know on feb 3rd i lost my baby

didnt grow past 9+5 :cry:

i wish you all the best please feel free to remove me from 28th august or add me some angel wings

good luck ladies :thumbup:
xxx

KA92, sorry for your news :hug: hope we'll see you back on here soon :)

Hi ladies thought I would join your group if that's ok I am also expecting in august on 21st I have been floating round for a while posting here and there. Little about us and our journey so far in 12wk 1day with my first but u can tell you do far this gas not been a pleasent experience in the early weeks @ 6wk we had a lot of pain so had scan and I was so shocked and realived to see a tiny blob with a heart beat, we have since had another 2 scan which is amazing to see development, I have also been in and out of hospital with hypermemises only came out for 4th time yesterday at min Im in there Everyweek so far not an enjoyable experience and still seems so unreal that I am pregnant as was so weird to see what now is a tiny baby on my tummy and apart from the sickness and tiredness don't really feel pregnant. Has it not sunk in yet or I don't know x x x looking forward to our journey together x x x

Welcome to the gang!!

I got the all clear from the cardio to have a natural birth, wooo! I'll need lots of monitoring and still have to see him every 3 weeks for echo's, but so far baby isn't affecting me negatively at all. *yay!*

Fab news on going for a natural birth!!

I'm knackered. DH is in Copenhagen until Thursday, and I'm not sure how I'll cope. Last time he was away for work was almost exactly a year ago and DD was much more 'manageable' then, not to mention the fact I wasn't pregnant. He only went yesterday, and I'm already wondering how I'm going to make it through. I'm so knackered when I get in from work, that the only thing keeping me going is that he comes in at 6 and helps put DD to bed, and now I haven't even got that! I can see lots of very early nights coming up for me, I'll be in bed as soon as DD is at 7!!

Are there any ladies here that are having their second baby? And have bmi of 30 or over? And considering homebirth? I really really want to have a home birth if I can but worried midwife/consultant will say no cos of my bmi which is 35.

I'm second time around and was overweight with DD, but not as high as that. I think the best thing to do is talk to your midwife as early as possible, so that if there is any possiblity of it, then you have the best chance. the NCT are very good for advice on arranging a homebirth.
An alternative may be to attend a home-from-from unit attached to a hospital, where care would be much less medicalised, much more like a home environment but with the added security of havnig the hospital at hand should anything go wrong..,.

I'm second time around and was overweight with DD, but not as high as that. I think the best thing to do is talk to your midwife as early as possible, so that if there is any possiblity of it, then you have the best chance. the NCT are very good for advice on arranging a homebirth.
An alternative may be to attend a home-from-from unit attached to a hospital, where care would be much less medicalised, much more like a home environment but with the added security of havnig the hospital at hand should anything go wrong..,.

I think il ask her at my 16 week check up, and mention it to the consultant when I have to go see her on 23rd of this month. I know that our hospital has a unit attached to it thats like a home from home so that is a possibility if they do say no to homebirth. I just know I really dont want to be in hospital again for this baby :)

hi can u change mine from the 17th to the 11th please:thumbup:

Are there any ladies here that are having their second baby? And have bmi of 30 or over? And considering homebirth? I really really want to have a home birth if I can but worried midwife/consultant will say no cos of my bmi which is 35.

i wanted a home birth but was told a big fat no!! due to high bmi and pph after 1st, this is my 4th and i had 2 and 3 ok no probs but they still said no, my bmi 37 last one it was 35 and they said no then as well, i've not heard from a home from home unit around hear but have looked for a low medical hospital so it feels more homely... but guess what they only take people at low risk with low bmi lol:haha: its a joke soooo it looks like we are doomed lol. my local hospital is low risk hos but still medical feeling just no epidurals and c-sections there, they said due to fact my labour was so short last time if i feel like pushing so quickly again i can stop off there and they will deliver unless i want my hubby to do it on the motorway getting to the hos i'm booked in for but they won't book me in there either due to bmi ..... if i was you i'd ask the midwife if you went on a diet like slimming world or something and tried to maintain the same weight during your pregnancy if there would be a chance of a home birth as a maintain would mean growing baby and a weight loss my doc has told me i'm not allowed to gain any weight during this preg due to bp and diabieties they are fine at the mo but at end of preg will defo be a problem if i gain weight ... so they say!:hugs:

i wanted a home birth but was told a big fat no!! due to high bmi and pph after 1st, this is my 4th and i had 2 and 3 ok no probs but they still said no, my bmi 37 last one it was 35 and they said no then as well, i've not heard from a home from home unit around hear but have looked for a low medical hospital so it feels more homely... but guess what they only take people at low risk with low bmi lol:haha: its a joke soooo it looks like we are doomed lol. my local hospital is low risk hos but still medical feeling just no epidurals and c-sections there, they said due to fact my labour was so short last time if i feel like pushing so quickly again i can stop off there and they will deliver unless i want my hubby to do it on the motorway getting to the hos i'm booked in for but they won't book me in there either due to bmi ..... if i was you i'd ask the midwife if you went on a diet like slimming world or something and tried to maintain the same weight during your pregnancy if there would be a chance of a home birth as a maintain would mean growing baby and a weight loss my doc has told me i'm not allowed to gain any weight during this preg due to bp and diabieties they are fine at the mo but at end of preg will defo be a problem if i gain weight ... so they say!:hugs:

Thanks for that info hun, I dont suffer from blood pressure or diabetes or anything really. I have also lost a stone during the first tri due to sickness so in a way thats good as it can help me to maintain if Im careful.

I really really dont want to be in hospital this time round and if the only reason they give me is because my bmi is high then il say Im sorry but thats not a good enough reason. If baby is fine and not too overdue I think im gonna try and stick to my guns and do this at home obv if I do develop gestational diabetes etc or baby is too big I might not have a choice but im gonna keep my fingers crossed this pregnancy goes smoothly and I can have the birth I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->