****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Are there any ladies here that are having their second baby? And have bmi of 30 or over? And considering homebirth? I really really want to have a home birth if I can but worried midwife/consultant will say no cos of my bmi which is 35.

i wanted a home birth but was told a big fat no!! due to high bmi and pph after 1st, this is my 4th and i had 2 and 3 ok no probs but they still said no, my bmi 37 last one it was 35 and they said no then as well, i've not heard from a home from home unit around hear but have looked for a low medical hospital so it feels more homely... but guess what they only take people at low risk with low bmi lol:haha: its a joke soooo it looks like we are doomed lol. my local hospital is low risk hos but still medical feeling just no epidurals and c-sections there, they said due to fact my labour was so short last time if i feel like pushing so quickly again i can stop off there and they will deliver unless i want my hubby to do it on the motorway getting to the hos i'm booked in for but they won't book me in there either due to bmi ..... if i was you i'd ask the midwife if you went on a diet like slimming world or something and tried to maintain the same weight during your pregnancy if there would be a chance of a home birth as a maintain would mean growing baby and a weight loss my doc has told me i'm not allowed to gain any weight during this preg due to bp and diabieties they are fine at the mo but at end of preg will defo be a problem if i gain weight ... so they say!:hugs:

Thanks for that info hun, I dont suffer from blood pressure or diabetes or anything really. I have also lost a stone during the first tri due to sickness so in a way thats good as it can help me to maintain if Im careful.

I really really dont want to be in hospital this time round and if the only reason they give me is because my bmi is high then il say Im sorry but thats not a good enough reason. If baby is fine and not too overdue I think im gonna try and stick to my guns and do this at home obv if I do develop gestational diabetes etc or baby is too big I might not have a choice but im gonna keep my fingers crossed this pregnancy goes smoothly and I can have the birth I want.

i agree hunny i haven't got any thing wrong with me my bp fine and suga is normal they are just assuming its gonna change i'm not happy about it but hay ho

Yesterday, mere minutes after I posted a big 'yay' in this thread, I was watching tv and all of a sudden was SOAKED in blood. I rushed to the toilet where it poured out of me, and a HUGE clot- which I assumed was the baby. I had a scan in A+E and the baby is fine and kicking, and my cervix is closed.

Apart from the heavy blood loss I am fine, had no cramps or pain and they sent me home and told me not to worry as baby is holding on!! Today however I feel like shit- like i'm about to get my period and get these not painful but persistent little cramps.

I'm 14 weeks today and feel utterly defeated, even though Bean is still so far alive and well.

Yesterday, mere minutes after I posted a big 'yay' in this thread, I was watching tv and all of a sudden was SOAKED in blood. I rushed to the toilet where it poured out of me, and a HUGE clot- which I assumed was the baby. I had a scan in A+E and the baby is fine and kicking, and my cervix is closed.

Apart from the heavy blood loss I am fine, had no cramps or pain and they sent me home and told me not to worry as baby is holding on!! Today however I feel like shit- like i'm about to get my period and get these not painful but persistent little cramps.

I'm 14 weeks today and feel utterly defeated, even though Bean is still so far alive and well.

:hugs: Oh my god that is horrific, you poor poor thing! You have a very strong sticky bean there, and easier said than done I know but keep your feet up and your mind off it as much as you can (empty words - I realise this as I'm typing). Sending you lots of hugs. :hugs:

Oh Jetters, that must have been scary!
Try and take it easy :)

Jetters, I am so sorry you are going through this. I can only imagine how scared you must have been. Good news that the baby is healthy and kicking away!!! Try to keep your mind on that good news.

Have you had any more bleeding?

Aww Jetters darling :hug:

Today has been a sad day.We learnt that our kitten was killed on Friday x https://www.babyandbump.com/general-chatter/271857-one-hardest-things-ever-have-do-sad-update.html

How are we all x

Oh Jetters, you poor love. Glad to hear baby is ok. Sorry you are feeling so crap big :hugs: for you my love xxxxxxx

:hugs:

Jetters hope your feeling better and the cramps have stopped!

Off to the Dr for my appt in about 4 min will be back with an update as soon as possible. :thumbup:

^ good luck!!

Eoz, so sorry about your kitten :(

Thanks everyone. No bleeding at all today and I just feel very period-y. Now it's just a waiting game to see if 'it' happens or not. Thanks for all of the positive messages and prayers xx

So sorry bellamamma. Hugs

Eoz thats terrible about your kitty. Hugs

Jetters take it easy! My heart jumped in my throat when I read your post. Made me want to run for my doppler and have a listen. Hugs.

kelly babes was it you who had a cat like my ickle man?

^ good luck!!

Eoz, so sorry about your kitten :(

Thanks everyone. No bleeding at all today and I just feel very period-y. Now it's just a waiting game to see if 'it' happens or not. Thanks for all of the positive messages and prayers xx

Hey hun, just wanted to let you know that I've also been having those little cramps here and there, I'm just assuming they're from stretching, but I can see how with the blood it can be scary. Just thought I'd let you know the cramps aren't necessarily a bad thing :hugs:

Hi girls! :wave:

Wow, have i missed alot.
So sorry for your loss bellamamma :hugs:

Jetters, praying for you hunni :friends:

Well tomorrow is my 12 week appointment :D
& i get to argue with the doc about the stupid anit-biotics they have me on to prevent UTIs & i found out, after 5 days of intense antibiotic treatment, that i NEVER had a UTI. :growlmad: (good that i didnt have one, pissed cuz they never called and told me to stop with the high dose meds).

Anywho, just showing some love girls! :friends:

PS i may have missed it, but did we decided to create another thread for the 2nd trimester? :dohh:

Eoz I think it was me! A cutsey little brown stipey kitty? With big yellowy eyes? I am pretty sure it was me cause I commented on someones cat looking like mine. Now I am even sadder for you :( BIG HUGE HUGS!

Hi Ladies!

Im so sorry to hear about ur loss KA92 and Bellamamma. :hugs: I was very saddened by this hope u ladies are hanging in there and hoping that u will be back here soon.

Jetters - I am glad that the baby is still there holding on maybe this thing was just one time only. :hugs:

I am 12 weeks today and can't wait for my first scan on Wednesday hope everything goes well fingers crossed. Hearing these things gets me nervous. But I am keeping a positive attitude. Hoping this scan makes it feel more real that there is something growing inside of me cuz I have not felt pregnant just feel like I have been sick as a dog for the past 5 weeks. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->