****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Not sure how many of you use the 2nd tri, but there is another thread there and I posted we would be moving over soon. Wasn't implying there should only be our thread, but just if they wanted to be added to the EDD page then please let me know.

It would seem that I have caused offence somewhere along the line and that was not my intentions.

Just wanted to apologise if it has caused any offence to you all.

I just checked out that thread (i usually just stick to my subscriptions, so didn't even notice this one wasn't in 2nd tri yet!)...and it seems like your words were just taken the wrong way...I thought you were just explaining why there's no thread there. I don't see how anyone could take offense to your comment!

I also posted a while ago about our big thread moving over and was polite as could be but they ignored me, I just wanted ot let em all know that there was quite a large one coming their way. I am good with move.

Thanks girls, I can be rude at the best of times as Eoz will tell you but I am so wary of that I write with caution as I would never want to upset someone unintenially.

I think too many people rely on this as a support system for many different reasons, I wouldn't want to start an arguement and spoil it for people.

Thanks girls, I can be rude at the best of times as Eoz will tell you but I am so wary of that I write with caution as I would never want to upset someone unintenially.

I think too many people rely on this as a support system for many different reasons, I wouldn't want to start an arguement and spoil it for people.

we know no harm was ment and you was only saying we're all here and coming together lol don't worry about it and the lady that took offence would know that if she was still creepin on here now and then don't worry about it i'm sure it wasn't took the wrong way i've posted on other thread yesterday as checked it out due to it being mentioned on here but i'd still like this to be moved over as i enjoy chatting to you ladies and you run the front page soooo well always updating lol but its good to chat about different things at different times :hugs:

Question girls

Who has had or a considering a water birth? Was just reading through the birth announcements and thought... um ok?

Not something I had thought about before, does anyone have any experiences they could share? x

Nah they got it all wrong hunnie.You were very polite .I do know you can be a rude biatch ha ha and you were not there xxxxxxxxx

I am considering a water birth as my m/w has booked me in to a new unit but I am considering a home birth so may get a pool for home xx

Just reading up now on water birth. Have posted the same thread in pregnancy club for some opinions so keep your eyes peeled. x

I think a water birth sounds really neat and it looks like it could help relax you, but I highly doubt anywhere near me will have the facility for it, so probably not an option for me!

If I wasn't in a flat i'd get a birth-pool-in-a-box, three of my friends had them and LOVED them!! I'm hoping to use the water suite to deliver, but there's only two and it's first come first served, so we'll see.

Haven't caught up with the thread so will get on it - but wanted to say I am now deliberating water birth and planning to look into it. Just feel it might be a little more relaxing? Did anyone watch that "One Born Every Minute" last Tuesday? I think there is a water birth coming up on that in the next week or so.....

May chat to midwife tomorrow about it when I see her and see what she says?

I really like the idea of a water birth and my hospital have a birthing centre within it which offers this option but I also think I will end up wanting an epidural which I don't think can have at the birthing centre and obv not in the pool so think I'll be opting for the labour ward cos I'm a wimp! But it's my first and going to keep my options open. The thing that worries me most is I've heard that some women end up pooing themselves in labour - this terrifies me I'll most definately be asking for an enema beforehand! I saw "one born evey minute" too - ha ha that women last week didn't wanna push did she, cracked me up when the midwife said if she didn't push they were gonna get the doctor to come and pull the baby out! Defo gonna watch it next week though - good to know what to expect in a warts and all way!!!

I think I would rather poop during birth than get an enema!!! :rofl:
My friend is a nurse and said pooping during birth isn't very common, and usually when it happens the mother has absolutely no idea...especially if she has had an epidural

Question girls

Who has had or a considering a water birth? Was just reading through the birth announcements and thought... um ok?

Not something I had thought about before, does anyone have any experiences they could share? x

Hi there hun!
I am HIGHLY considering a water birth. We will be moving to New Hampshire [USA] a few months before the birth, and the hospitals there have water births available. I think im gonna go for it. I hear it is especially nice for those going all natural. & even if you dont decide to actually deliver in the pool/tub, you can usully use the water for a means of pain management. you just cant use drugs (for obvious reasons). And, oh yeah, water birth takes a lot of pressure of the perineum, so tearing and pooping is less likely.

Here is a video clip i found on babycenter.com I showed it to my husband and now he is very supportive of my means for giving birth :thumbup:

https://www.babycenter.com/2_live-birth-water-birth_3658855.bc

P.S. on the pooping business :rofl: I agree with Melissa. I would much rather poop myself than get an enema. Besides, doctors really dont care. They've seen thousands of births, so im sure a little poop wouldn't be anything new. plus, after pushing like that, im not sure you would even notice. But ways to help eliminate pooping during pushing is not eating heavy or greasy foods. Stick to things like ice-pops that sort.And have your coach remind you to use the bathroom whenever possible. That way you know most of it is out (but only if you're able to).

I really like the idea of a water birth and my hospital have a birthing centre within it which offers this option but I also think I will end up wanting an epidural which I don't think can have at the birthing centre and obv not in the pool so think I'll be opting for the labour ward cos I'm a wimp! But it's my first and going to keep my options open. The thing that worries me most is I've heard that some women end up pooing themselves in labour - this terrifies me I'll most definately be asking for an enema beforehand! I saw "one born evey minute" too - ha ha that women last week didn't wanna push did she, cracked me up when the midwife said if she didn't push they were gonna get the doctor to come and pull the baby out! Defo gonna watch it next week though - good to know what to expect in a warts and all way!!!

That woman just looked shattered didn't she! :haha:

I am pretty worried about poop during labour - heard a lovely phrase the other day lol - leave your dignity at the door, and collect it on the way out :haha: guess the doctors have seen it all to be fair!

I would rather the enema. I have had them before and they're not bad. But I think I will do it naturally like guppy mentioned, by watching what I eat in the final weeks. That way I can avoid both! I wish they did water birth here but I also want an epidural so I can't have both. I would do it sans drugs but when I am in extreme pain I tend to pass out so I figure an epidural is better then a possible c section cause I've lost consciousness.

Yeah I've had enemas before too as part of detox and they're absolutely fine, in no way painful and v dignified, no way I wanna poo myself though-sounds like things get messy enough as it is! I might try the birthing pool for early labour then transfer and have epidural if needed, don't see the point of going through agony when can have one but will see how I go!

Jetters or tiredlady I think it was you looking for maternity clothes but I've just ordered 8 items from Asda for £41 including postage. Only casual long sleve tops to ear with jeans or leggins, 1 shirt & 2 pairs of maternity leggins

By the way, I ddn't poo with Eleanor, I remmber going before labour really kicked in. I believe that is the case for most women x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->