****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Welcome hon and congratulations x

i didn't poo with mine was over quick with last too and first one i couldn't tell ya i had a dreadfull time but give me a poo any day with my last 2 i like to leave after 6 hours so if i've had a poo the mw writes it down and they don't expect me to do one before i leave lol i plan on leaving after 6 hours with this one couldnt do that with first as was out of it and i didn't like it one bit i plan on giving birth at night around 3 have a shower and when doc clocks on at 10 i'm off lol my hubby and mom weight on me hand and foot why would i want to stay lol if only wee could plan these things lol :dohh:

Question girls

I wanted to try a water birth last time MrsP but I had to be induced at 12 days over, and they wanted to monitor me constantly and wouldn't let me in the pool! Jetters, my hospital last time only had one pool - and to add insult to injury it was free and I couldn't use it!
My SIL is MW, she says people poo in the water quite a lot, but they just have a wee net to fish it out, you don't even notice...
The hospital I'm going to this time has home from home rooms which all have pools. But no epidurals or remifentenol!! So I like the idea of trying it this time, and then getting transfered if I need an epidural again...
I was convinced the whole way through that I was going to poo but I didn't...

Anyway, I'm feeling perfectly pants today, spent all day yesterday in bed, got the shits (sorry TMI!), and couldn't eat anything, so I was really dizzy every time I stood up. Off sick today, feeling better, but not well, have managed some toast with no ill-effects on digestive tract... may try some cereal... hope the worst is over anyway as our sewers are blocked, waiting to be fixed by water service, but in the mean time, can't flush!!

hey guys, hope you all had a nice valentine's day. mine was lovely. have been worried all this time about the baby but for the first time i felt really happy and really lucky yesterday, especially after being spoilt!!

thanks for all the advice again. mrs p, am on net mums now! wanna find a class, need all the reassurance i can get i feel.

will save up some more cash again for clothes and then would really love to meet you in hornchurch for a non alcoholic beverage (i'm not a tea or coffee lady!!) and a nose in peacocks!!! will let you know. thank you ;-)

as for being confused about the nuchal scan, i phoned up and it did say about nuchal translucensy on my scan report, i just coudln't see it!!! what a wally. i think the scan lady just seemed so unhelpful and didn't talk us through anything, that was more what gave me the worries and doubts.

seeing as we are talkinga bout poo.....seem to have finally left my constipation behind (no pun intended) and now have had an upset tum for over a week, anyone else suffering like that? it's not really really bad but the stomach cramps and gripes can be horrible :-(

have put on 3lbs so far, that normal? surely the baby etc.... is only about 1lb and then rest is cakes and pies??? boooooo!!! just feel uncomfortable, have quite a big belly for me but not happy to show it off just yet as think i just look like i ate too much!!!

i am considering a water birth, if they have the tub available of course, mrsp, maybe you will be in it already!!! hehe ;-) i know someone who had one at a maternity unit rather then a hospital and she had a great experience, i'm open to it.

lastly, i don't keep up with all the comments on here as well as a lot of you, but mrsp i think you do a great job and there's no way anything you said should have offended anyone!!!
r
x

haha flutterbaby, love your plan of action. I'd like to be planned like that too. I am going to tell them that I want to be induced I dont mind when but if they could just book me in when they can and then I can make sure Eleanor is ok and someone is here rather than having to make the dreaded phone call.

I never got all that last time as I was induced with Eleanor for high BP.

Hope you get your planned birth Holywoodmum. I am going to chat with the mw as I have read a few places that if your BP is high then they might not let you and suffered previosuly.

Si is not too sure, think he is worried encase you cant stay in for any reason, getting dragged out wet and then getting cold. Also he said I just about got used to it last time. Bless him, I think he thinks all labours are the same. Well I hope I only had 8 hours last time start to finished.

Rach - no problem, I thought it was on the form. Net mums is good, they also do a mums and bumps or something at the Queens theatre where you can meet for coffee, but not been there.

Morning!
Hope you are all ok!
I have just got back from my scan! It was fantastic! :cloud9: They have moved my due date to 28th August, so just a few days different! Baby was wriggling everywhere,it was fab! Now just hoping the sickness dies down a bit...

I finally feel like im getting some energy back now woohoo :D And Im getting more regular flutters :cloud9:

Also I have my wedding dress at home I keep going to open the bag and peek at it and grin haha! Eep im getting married in 4 days yayayayayay!!!

is £191 about right for ante natal classes you think ladies??? with it being our first pregnancy this far, i do want to go to a class for reassurance and to meet other mums, but that's just such a lot of money along with everything else you have to buy!!

that's funny you should say about queen's theatre, i've seen groups of new mums meeting there before!!
r
x

Will update the front page for you hon. Glad it all went well. My sickness started to settle at about 14 weeks, still comes and goes but no where near as bad. Hope its the same for you x

Thanks Mrs P! I had it until 22 weeks with Lucas so thinking I might be in it for the long haul! Still, all worth it in the end! xx

Philly - I couldn't find the post so I have created a group for us all.

Facebook link for August mummies. Please com and join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cre...811875846#!/group.php?v=wall&gid=305811875846

Tiredlady is that NCT classes? I live in London and they are around £300 in my area, so i'd say yes!! I'm umming and aaahing over wether to splash out on them or not... *sigh*

I'm joining the FB group! Thanks MrsP!!

Philly - I couldn't find the post so I have created a group for us all.

Facebook link for August mummies. Please com and join

https://www.facebook.com/groups/cre...811875846#!/group.php?v=wall&gid=305811875846

Wahoo iv just joined too, im joined in 2 other august groups on facebook too !!! :hugs:

I think I paid about £180 for NCT last time, worth it I'd say!

OMG girls I think the nesting has kicked in about 15 weeks too early. I didnt get any with Eleanor, but I really feel the need to clear and sort through everything. Weather its because we have my brother living with us at the minute and I know he'll be going soon adn cos we have a load of decorating going on and I've caught the bug, I am not sure.

I am quite tidy anyway, but really everything has to be sorted and if not used sold or thrown.

Either way cant be a bad thing eh? x

Tiredlady is that NCT classes? I live in London and they are around £300 in my area, so i'd say yes!! I'm umming and aaahing over wether to splash out on them or not... *sigh*

I'm joining the FB group! Thanks MrsP!!

yes, that is nct. wow, £300, it's crazy!!! told my mum how much they were and that i was worried we couldn't afford and she has done a bit of digging, there's a lady at our local health centre/clinic who apparently does it on the nhs so i just have to try get in contact with her now and see if you get as much with them as you do with the nct. don't want to miss out on anything by going with the nhs rather then nct but on the other hand there is soo much to buy for the baby i just don't know where we would get nearly £200 from!!!

booo to lack of money. been sicky all day with upset tummy.....bring on next month when i hope to feel fantastic!!! ;-)

did i say before that i thought one born every minute was fantastic. hubby was out but will def get him to watch this week. hope it's all nicer stories like that though, don't want anything else to scare me!!!!

Hello ladies you have been very chatty over the weekend! Hope you all had a lovely Valentines Day! DH made sure mine was lovely!

As for the waterbirth it does sound nice. I unfortunately was one of those ladies that poohed on the table :blush: I defo will be doing stuff different this go around!

The sun is shining here, but we are very cold it's very misleading:dohh:

Hope your all having a wonderful day!

MrsP I say move us over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back